Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts1975

• Notts1874

• Thomaso

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Henrysmithstaxi
4 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Not sure what the problem is with the “one more goal” theory?

Score one more than the opposition and you win.

Sounds like a poor man’s Sam Allardyce.

Allardyce without results. 

If I lost a foot in a freak cement mixer accident,   I would need to make do with just the one foot.   I would need to walk without one original foot.

I would find no progress in my quest to walk with one foot by bemoaning how the cement mixer chored my foot.

4 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Not sure what the problem is with the “one more goal” theory?

Score one more than the opposition and you win.

And Everton tried to score 3 more than Newcastle on Tuesday and see how they ended up.

But by winning by one goal, especially 1.0, the risk is that 1.0s  become 0.0s and then 0.1s.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Yes you are.   Mental.    I'm clearly talking about our fate from ground zero.   Day 1.    We can't alter the past.    All we can do is affect the future.

How is this even complicated?

The bit in bold isn't complicated and makes sense.

But the below makes no sense:

"If you think the past has an influence on our fate under Stendel then you are badly,  badly deluded."

If we get relegated are you saying nothing that happened prior to the appointment of Stendel influenced that? 

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But you would argue that his first 2 games would not have been impacted by this 'new style and philosophy' in any way shape or form.

I believe DS imprinted his way of playing onto the players from day 1.  This isn't a St J replacing Tommy Wright with another run of the mill "guid" scottish manager who would basically get the players playing in the same standard way. Some of our players won't have had exposure to pressing play.

23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Violence? wtf  

Do you need a safe space darling?

:rofl:

Seek medical help man.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

I believe DS imprinted his way of playing onto the players from day 1.  This isn't a St J replacing Tommy Wright with another run of the mill "guid" scottish manager who would basically get the players playing in the same standard way. Some of our players won't have had exposure to pressing play.

They certainly have had no exposure to busting their bollocks on the file that is for sure.  This is in no way a dig at DS, I have a really good fleeing about him, it is the crop of shite that Levein et al brought into our club.  

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The bit in bold isn't complicated and makes sense.

But the below makes no sense:

"If you think the past has an influence on our fate under Stendel then you are badly,  badly deluded."

If we get relegated are you saying nothing that happened prior to the appointment of Stendel influenced that? 

It will be because of Levein's era.    But it can't be altered.     The only practical thing is to work from day1.    Stendel can't work from day -100.     

Levein is now irrelevant to our fate.   Whether he's here,  there,  on the moon or in the land of Narnia.     

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

:rofl:

Seek medical help man.

As an FYI, we all have mental issues.  Every single human being has some imbalance in their head whether microscopic or grand scale - no-one is fully level headed or balanced. We do however all have demons in some way or another and I am no different.  Mental health is not to be joked at in anyway.

Henrysmithstaxi
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But you would argue that his first 2 games would not have been impacted by this 'new style and philosophy' in any way shape or form.

It’s clearly been a total transformation in ethos, rather than a “more of the same but better with the same players but a different manager”.

Such a massive transformation has carried risks, such as those results, which one could argue we couldn’t afford to take, in our position, in the short term.

However, from a longer term perspective, it appears to be entirely necessary to make step changes.

The questions are if we’ve chosen the right man for that transformation. He’s certainly transformational and has shown no lack of confidence in making the changes he wants to and applying his ethos. He has a clear vision, which is necessary. However, there are risks with any change of approach. I don’t think we had much choice, if our decision was to change our approach to this extent. The other choices wouldn’t have done so. The other candidates wouldn’t have made the tough decisions DS has. We now have no alternative but to wholeheartedly back the current manager and his approach.

The other question is why we’ve allowed the former incumbents to remain associated with the club, when making such a huge transformation.

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It will be because of Levein's era.    But it can't be altered.     The only practical thing is to work from day1.    Stendel can't work from day -100.     

Levein is now irrelevant to our fate.   Whether he's here,  there,  on the moon or in the land of Narnia.     

It can be altered though, if it couldn't why would we have got a new manager?

If you crash your car do you fix it or go 'oh well it's broken now for eternity because I can't go back in time and avoid it happening in the first place'?

I do agree that people need to stop banging on about Levein now though.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Taffin said:

It can be altered though, if it couldn't why would we have got a new manager?

If you crash your car do you fix it or go 'oh well it's broken now for eternity because I can't go back in time and avoid it happening in the first place'?

Mental.   What Levein did cannot be reversed.    Stendel can only work with what he inherited.   

Your analogy is crazy.    You fix the car.     You can't erase the crash.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As an FYI, we all have mental issues.  Every single human being has some imbalance in their head whether microscopic or grand scale - no-one is fully level headed or balanced. We do however all have demons in some way or another and I am no different.  Mental health is not to be joked at in anyway.

Who's joking.

3 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

The man is a loser. Fair play to those who remember him as a player etc I was too young but hearing the stories about '86 im surprised he was EVER allowed back at the club in any capacity. 

A natural born loser who has a bigger ego than anyone I have ever came across. He probably still thinks he can "turn it around at Hearts". Same rhetoric.

Gary Mackay didn't miss Levein about his Dens absence in the 1988 book "Hearts Greats". 

I'm paraphrasing but Gary said "I wish I could have been elsewhere that day and let others take the responsibility".

Seemed a strange comment at the time, one which I didn't fully understand, but there's no doubt now as to whom he was referring. 

Gary, Kenny Black, Brian Whittaker and others were all dreadfully ill that day but still reported for duty. In KB and BW case the promise by Doddie that they'd only play a half each was enough to get them out their sickbeds.

You're not wrong. Levein probably is bewildered that he's not head coach/DoF anymore. Another 12 games and a transfer window and he'd have turned it around, according to his family and friends on here. 

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Mental.   What Levein did cannot be reversed.    Stendel can only work with what he inherited.   

can if ya know the right people and have the monies available....Cash or bank transfer to the caymans only 👍🏻😂

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

@Wham Bam Austin McCannLevein was the most graceful, eloquent, composed, hard and skilled central defender I have ever seen in maroon.

I don't recall that, i8. Witnessed Levein's career from first game to last but it's all been wiped by the last few years. Now, he just makes my blood boil. 

Unfortunate, but true. 

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

I don't recall that, i8. Witnessed Levein's career from first game to last but it's all been wiped by the last few years. Now, he just makes my blood boil. 

Unfortunate, but true. 

It would be amiss to cancel out his playing career with us when he was a bona fide great.  Now? well different story as I have no time for the man whatsoever.  Infact he is shit on my shoe after what he has done to us but fairs fair, he was a smashing player.

I also don’t get how people cancel out Pressley’s playing contribution since ‘that moment’ – the boy was ****ing outstanding for us.

Edited by i8hibsh

Dusk_Till_Dawn
31 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If I lost a foot in a freak cement mixer accident,   I would need to make do with just the one foot.   I would need to walk without one original foot.

I would find no progress in my quest to walk with one foot by bemoaning how the cement mixer chored my foot.

imagine every day people kept rolling the cement mixer in, going ‘hey, check it out. We hired it for 12 months so we might as well keep it for 12 months and piss about in the garden with it.’

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, Haken said:

The problem with reading between the lines is that you sometimes see things that aren't there, particularly if your mind is already framed in a certain way on a matter.

Lots of understandable energy in the OP, but it would be better spent supporting Stendel than hating Levein.  Hating Levein isn't going to change anything; supporting Stendel might.

Spot on 

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It would be amiss to cancel out his playing career with us when he was a bona fide great.  Now? well different story as I have no time for the man whatsoever.  Infact he is shit on my shoe after what he has done to us but fairs fair, he was a smashing player.

I also don’t get how people cancel out Pressley’s playing contribution since ‘that moment’ – the boy was ****ing outstanding for us.

Agree about Elvis. One wee chest thump, aimed at Romanov, is nothing compared to his 8 years with us. 

Edited by martoon

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

imagine every day people kept rolling the cement mixer in, going ‘hey, check it out. We hired it for 12 months so we might as well keep it for 12 months and piss about in the garden with it.’

Or you could ignore it as you begin one-footed life.

Aye?   Nut?

5 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/clevid-dikamona-explains-daniel-stendels-21346244.amp

don’t know what more to say tbh 

it sickens me, absolutely sickens me that he is anywhere near the club. Wish he would just pack his bags and go 

Funny now that the players are starting to speak out about what it was really like behind closed doors 

Looking forward to some usual sickening defence of the failure that is Craig Levein. 

“the objective under Craig was to score one more goal than the opposition” and some folk still wonder why we were in the position we were in. Beggars belief that he is still at the club 

I have ended up hating a guy that for years I worshipped as a player. All these years of worship are gone, finished, as the imposter has shown his true colours and left a dressing room berefit of any positivity 

Just wait till levein leaves the club - more will come out in the press no doubt 

But, but, no one worked harder or loves Hearts as Craig Levein does - my arse he does. 

He has caused our club more inherent damage than anyone that I can ever remember 😡

See I knew this would happen. He should have walked after the Livi game with the respect of the fans for falling on his sword but hes now undone any "legend" status he had and any goodwill that the supporters have shown him down the years.

Muppet.

GTF CL.

29 minutes ago, Victorian said:

But if the past doesn't influence the future why would you fix the car? Surely there is no damage to rectify?

Anyone I'm now certain you're at it on this thread so I'm going to leave it here.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

But if the past doesn't influence the future why would you fix the car? Surely there is no damage to rectify?

Anyone I'm now certain you're at it on this thread so I'm going to leave it here.

:cornette:

Someone is at it.    

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Is this true though , sure he resigned as a director on 31st October. (Could be wrong)

On the media outlets that started this shitfest.

French outlet - no risk football and win by one goal.

DR - 1-0 wins and negative football.

Two very different ways of saying something. Its also not slating Levein its saying , Stendel lets us play with more freedom and express ourselves. Thats more what Id take from it. A positive.

Stendel from what I hear has no issue with Levein being at the club and is using him to do things he wants done and is taking no shit. Make of that what you will

Sadj, I may have missed it but if he has resigned from the board it's great news. However I am still convinced Ann will find a way to keep him after his current contract expires.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Presumably working on something to progress the club. 

Yeah, because we have had such great progress under his stewardship right enough, come on to ****! 😂

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Folk tired of the Levein comments? 

Tough. 

Guys an arsehole and deserves to be hounded at every opportunity.

**** him. 

100%.

And I won’t have anyone tell me he is a big Hearts fan, he doesn’t give a **** about the club, its all about lining his own pockets.

31 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Yeah, because we have had such great progress under his stewardship right enough, come on to ****! 😂

I don’t think he’s manager anymore. 😄

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think he’s manager anymore. 😄

Do you know any other club in Europe who have sacked there manager and he still remains employed at the club?  It is an absolute disgrace.

4 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Do you know any other club in Europe who have sacked there manager and he still remains employed at the club?  It is an absolute disgrace.

A lot of supporters think that. 

58 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Folk tired of the Levein comments? 

Tough. 

Guys an arsehole and deserves to be hounded at every opportunity.

**** him. 

Agreed. I hope that one soon, he comes to watch a game at Tynecasle and we can all let him know exactly what we think of him.

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That is not my comment - I said I had no problem with anybody expressing a measured view - that isn’t one.

So, you are measuring my post according to your opinion.

Case closed!

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

See I knew this would happen. He should have walked after the Livi game with the respect of the fans for falling on his sword but hes now undone any "legend" status he had and any goodwill that the supporters have shown him down the years.

Muppet.

GTF CL.

Losing in football is natural.  No football team on the planet wins every single game or even close to it over the course of their history.  Hearts losing is a sore one but you get on with it.  There are however some results that are just unacceptable on every level and a manager must die by his sword for it as they will certainly rarely recover from it and people will never forget.  The Livingston humiliation was pathetic on every level to every Hearts fan except Ann Budge.  Robbie’s was Birkirkara and ‘that derby’.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, barcajambo said:

He's been demoted. Must be more of a reason to him still being here. Maybe he does have a debt to repay?

Big Slim Stylee
8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/clevid-dikamona-explains-daniel-stendels-21346244.amp

don’t know what more to say tbh 

it sickens me, absolutely sickens me that he is anywhere near the club. Wish he would just pack his bags and go 

Funny now that the players are starting to speak out about what it was really like behind closed doors 

Looking forward to some usual sickening defence of the failure that is Craig Levein. 

“the objective under Craig was to score one more goal than the opposition” and some folk still wonder why we were in the position we were in. Beggars belief that he is still at the club 

I have ended up hating a guy that for years I worshipped as a player. All these years of worship are gone, finished, as the imposter has shown his true colours and left a dressing room berefit of any positivity 

Just wait till levein leaves the club - more will come out in the press no doubt 

But, but, no one worked harder or loves Hearts as Craig Levein does - my arse he does. 

He has caused our club more inherent damage than anyone that I can ever remember 😡

Do you go through every day "hating" people - or "worshipping" for that matter? What a terrible personal state to be in.

You need some life balance. We're a football club.....nobody ****ing died.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We might well be unless Stendel performs a miracle 

He needs to win two more games than Hamilton and St mirren. 

Miracles not required. 

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Do you go through every day "hating" people - or "worshipping" for that matter? What a terrible personal state to be in.

You need some life balance. We're a football club.....nobody ****ing died.

Where did I say that I hated him ?

No one died, Correct.

Losing all respect for someone and having an anger toward them for not being able to do the right thing is something else entirely. 

9 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Shhh. Don’t tell anyone. It’s a secret.

He’s not our manager anymore 👍

My post was supposed to have quoted someone who claimed to not see what the problem was with levein telling the team to score one more goal than the opposition.  Sorry if it came across as a rant about Levein without the context

I wonder how Levein decided that the route to success was a reincarnation of catenaccio.  We know that MacPhee was only following orders so it is all Levein's philosophy.

He had a clean slate at Hearts and rather than choosing to try to win games by attacking he wanted to win them by nullifying the opposition.  Not only an unsuccessful tactic (particularly for a manager who had never won anything) but an awful experience to watch too.  

Signing Maclean to try to hold on to narrow leads.  Punting the young midfielders on loan and signing journeyman punt it the way they are facing rubbish like Bozanic.  Punting the ball to the big man up front.

Why choose to play as if he wanted to emulate the teams in the yearly relegation battles?

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Great, hard nosed successful and strong businesswoman, just don't be nasty to her.

This obsession isn’t healthy mate.  

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This obsession isn’t healthy mate.  

Starting to wonder if the lack of visits to Tynie is due to a restraining order 🤔