.....The official Ross County v Heart of Midlothian match day thread .....

SMJ_1874

SomethingAboutObua
2 minutes ago, c41rns said:

is this game being filmed /

broadcast anywhere? 

so far not on TV, RossCountyTV or Hearts TV other than audio (subscribers only) so not sure if anywhere would be able to stream it as Stu hopes

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Greedy Jambo

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

No Brandon yet? 

He might play Damour at right back or perhaps Lewis Moore if Brandon, Smith, Hickey and obv Clare are unavailable. 

Hickey didn’t travel 

17 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

so far not on TV, RossCountyTV or Hearts TV other than audio (subscribers only) so not sure if anywhere would be able to stream it as Stu hopes

There is a RCFC TV channel that does broadcast through YouTube but I suspect not tonight.  Hearts TV Audio it is.

highlandjambo3
38 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I hope that includes the stand behind the goal as I noticed they sometimes only open a small section at the corner flag which seems bolted onto the stand opposite the main stand. I don't think that will apply tonight though!

I am sure we will have a great support, once again united and right behind Stendel and the team. If I had the time I would love to be there but hope everyone going enjoys the game and hopefully the three points.

I’ve been to every Dingwall away game (it’s only 15minutes for me).  I can’t recall the full away end not being allocated to us.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

If we lose tonight then there is no way back hoping for the best

If we win our next 2 games we could be 10th by Sunday tea time

24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hickey didn’t travel 

Did Smith? 

Different Class
4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ve been to every Dingwall away game (it’s only 15minutes for me).  I can’t recall the full away end not being allocated to us.

Initial allocation was only 600. Announcing it as a 'sell out' made it sound like there would only be a handful available on the night, when there's actually well over a thousand.

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If we win our next 2 games we could be 10th by Sunday tea time

Skybet offering 22-1 to finish in the top 6....😁

highlandjambo3
13 minutes ago, Different Class said:

Initial allocation was only 600. Announcing it as a 'sell out' made it sound like there would only be a handful available on the night, when there's actually well over a thousand.

I read that as hearts had sold out their allocation which was just the 600 sent to them by RC.  The remaining tickets are available for a cash sale tonight, which by my experience, is a fair few jambo walk ups who are a bit more local or heading up from non Edinburgh digs......I don’t have a ticket but confident I will in a wee while......the portakabin selling away end tickets is usually quite busy.  The risk for RC if they send down all the away end tickets is we don’t sell out and walk up fans don’t get in..........I know it’s a bit strange as people can buy tickets and have them posted out no matter where they stay or, hearts can return non sold tickets to be sold on the night but, I think it’s just the way RC do business (strange bunch these highlanders), there will be more than the 600 fans tonight.

Edited by highlandjambo3

54 minutes ago, tamanov said:

3 of us heading north, be there in an hour or so.. Best pubs nearest the grond for a pint before the game??

Well done guys, was tempted myself but 500 mile round trip knocked it on the head. Give them a cheer for me please.

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Very late decision from us but I'm taking the wife up as her birthday treat and staying the night.

PS. No Ken Barlow condom pics please, she's ahem, up on bricks at the moment

My wife would burst me. 

Football and a night away in a hotel with yours Truely as a "treat". 

Bazzas right boot

A win would bring them Inti it, I think if they win it becomes more of a 3 way fight. 

Important to start winning but it's not a must win. 

I'm 50/50 on today and Sunday tbh. 

No result would Suprise me. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

I will go for us to win 2-1

When did we last win 2 games in a row again?

You asked that yesterday. 

😂😂

All roads lead to Gorgie
33 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Cheers. It will be great to see that whole stand full. Enjoy the game, I hope you still have some finger nails left at the end. 😉

23 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I read that as hearts had sold out their allocation which was just the 600 sent to them by RC.  The remaining tickets are available for a cash sale tonight, which by my experience, is a fair few jambo walk ups who are a bit more local or heading up from non Edinburgh digs......I don’t have a ticket but confident I will in a wee while......the portakabin selling away end tickets is usually quite busy.  The risk for RC if they send down all the away end tickets is we don’t sell out and walk up fans don’t get in..........I know it’s a bit strange as people can buy tickets and have them posted out no matter where they stay or, hearts can return non sold tickets to be sold on the night but, I think it’s just the way RC do business (strange bunch these highlanders), there will be more than the 600 fans tonight.

Ahem, old skool, cash desk, imagine the rest. 😉

Haringshairband
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A win would bring them Inti it, I think if they win it becomes more of a 3 way fight. 

Important to start winning but it's not a must win. 

I'm 50/50 on today and Sunday tbh. 

No result would Suprise me. 

It's a must win in my opinion.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Take a draw. I feel people are getting ahead of themselves and it will be meltdown if we lose.  

as long as we end up closing the gap I’ll be  ok with it.. losing not an option though

40 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Did Smith? 

I think a decision is going to be made in Smith at the last minute. So I assume he’s traveled.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

as long as we end up closing the gap I’ll be  ok with it.. losing not an option though

My thoughts exactly. 👍 ****ing shitting it for this tonight, that mixed in with Christmas Eve feeling :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Take a draw. I feel people are getting ahead of themselves and it will be meltdown if we lose.  

It’s a hard place to go. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster considering likely outcomes of other fixtures but I think if we play our best we’ll win. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

It's a must win in my opinion.

Fair enough. 

It's not tho if being 100% literal. 

Important to win , every game is. I agree on that. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 21/01/2020 at 07:43, Boab said:

There’s a portacabin thingy at the ground. I would assume for all stands. Best to check with Ross Co though at this late stage.

Doubles up as a khazi?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a hard place to go. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster considering likely outcomes of other fixtures but I think if we play our best we’ll win. 

Most definitely, it’s been a complete mixed bag of inconsistency so far under Stendel at this point though.  Tonight is huge, I hope we don’t feel we just need to turn up because they will make it a complete battle. 

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

So not even open all mics just the mhanks game with updates from the rest 🤣 pathetic

Even though it’s on TV?  That’s ridiculous.  It’s a full card ffs.  When’s the highlights on? I might just avoid the game completely and wait for HeartsTv - it’s that bad. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Even though it’s on TV?  That’s ridiculous.  It’s a full card ffs.  When’s the highlights on? I might just avoid the game completely and wait for HeartsTv - it’s that bad. 

If Sevco where playing away tonight no doubt that game would have live comm as well

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Most definitely, it’s been a complete mixed bag of inconsistency so far under Stendel at this point though.  Tonight is huge, I hope we don’t feel we just need to turn up because they will make it a complete battle. 

Inconsistent is unfair. I feel it's more a very gradual improvement on the pitch, whilst emptying those he knows aren't suitable and trying, (and succeeding) in bringing in younger players with the energy required to prosecute his style.We are coming off the back of a win, albeit Airdrie, which hopefully creates momentum. We shall see...

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Inconsistent is unfair. I feel it's more a very gradual improvement on the pitch, whilst emptying those he knows aren't suitable and trying, (and succeeding) in bringing in younger players with the energy required to prosecute his style.We are coming off the back of a win, albeit Airdrie, which hopefully creates momentum. We shall see...

Yeah, a tad unfair I agree.  Hopefully matey 👍

26 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I will go for us to win 2-1

When did we last win 2 games in a row again?

24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You asked that yesterday. 

😂😂

To be fair to JiH, he asked when we last won two games in a row whilst having clean sheets.

Just now, Morgan said:

To be fair to JiH, he asked when we last won two games in a row whilst having clean sheets.

Washed my sheets today so hope that’s an omen. 👍

Bazzas right boot
Spoiler

Not having Smith, Hickey and even Clare isn't great. Brandon out too. 

We do like a flurry of Injuries on one position, none of this spreading them out nonesense. 

However, I'm Confident of scoring with the the return of Naismith, Washington and our new signing, along with Meshino and Walker. 

Even Halkett is a threat. 

Far better options than 2 months ago. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

highlandjambo3
22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Take a draw. I feel people are getting ahead of themselves and it will be meltdown if we lose, draw or win.

FTFY...........it is JKB after all.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Surely he must know when his mum last changed his bed sheets?

I never knew that was jih, I'll avoid know I know it's him. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Washed my sheets today so hope that’s an omen. 👍

I hasten to ask what happened last night...

Some people would take a draw tonight, but I feel we need the three points.  There’s a feel good factor building around the club just now and it’s important we keep that going.  A point or less tonight, and a defeat to Rangers on Sunday, and we could find ourselves even further adrift with only 15 games left.  That scenario would see the player’s confidence crash again and Stendel would already be under real pressure.

We need three points tonight, it’s a huge game for us.

Governor Tarkin
34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My wife would burst me. 

Football and a night away in a hotel with yours Truely as a "treat". 

Wait, you have a wife? :(