.....The official Ross County v Heart of Midlothian match day thread .....

SMJ_1874

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Greedy Jambo

42 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Not any stronger ? I think Naismith and Souttar make us much stronger 

Loss of Smith and Hickey make us weaker as well as Clare's suspension so yes not any stronger is my view re tonight

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

0-4.  Donis to get all 4.  Left foot, right foot, header then a free kick from 35 yards.

With his tadger

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Hamilton usually win at Easter Road, do they not? :)

And despite our situation I'm struggling to hope that changes tonight.... plenty other games right 😃

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

We just need to keep winning. Or start winning even. Like you I'm tempted to look at what is good for us in other games, but this early suspect it will do our nuts in!!!

I know man but I just can help myself.... lots of if, but and maybe's. The old cliche I guess take care of ourselves and worry about the rest later.

58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

With an almost certain 0 points at the weekend nothing less than 3 will do tonight.  Early stages but if we don't win tonight we are not staying up.

57 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If the loser and the hippy were in the dugout I would go 1 nil Ross County but with DS in charge I will go 1 nil Hearts - Naismith goal.

We’ve not lost in Dingwall since September 2013 though? Not like your posts to be in ill informed!

If we drew with Rangers last time under Levein, surely we will win under Stendel?

Obviously hoping Hamilton fall off a cliff but St.Mirren look like the team we're more likely to catch in the shorter term.    St.Mirren's fixtures look a bit tougher.

Parity with St.Mirren first.    Pressure eases a bit.    Then edge past Hamilton.    Get above both and it provides a bit of margin for the odd slip up.     We have them back to back soon enough.    We could do with a bit of progress in case that double header goes poorly.

Edited by Victorian

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

hamilton And stmirren winning in the last fixture before the split was an unexpected kick in the balls 

It was massive.     Going more than 1 win away from being level is a precarious position.    

I said it at the time and stand by it that,  while it isn't good by any means,   staying 5 and 6 behind at the split would not be all that disasterous.    There is a possibility of going further adrift and out of the race when the split comes.

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

hamilton And stmirren winning in the last fixture before the split was an unexpected kick in the balls 

Starting with a win tonight, I think we suck Ross County into the pot.  There recent form hasn't been great

Getting our house in order first though

Undoubtedly a huge game and one we really need to win but it does give me comfort on who we will be playing in the remaining 17 games. Out of the 17 I only see 3 games where you would give us very little chance, old firm and Aberdeen away. The rest of the fixtures are all winnable with a confident hearts team and a couple of additions. I am not saying we will win every game but there’s certainly no tough run of fixtures before the end of the season. 

Edited by karipidis

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

"Asked about the right-back situation, Stendel said: “Let’s surprise you tonight! We have enough players in the squad. Maybe they haven’t played right-back every time but we have some players that have the ability to play this position in our style.”

Maybe somebody like Calum Morrison - Think we are in for surprise for sure

Moore 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Moore 👍🏻

I think so. I think even if smith is fit he may remain in midfield and Moore will be RB. 

Edited by karipidis

Still to be convinced our fortunes will change by simply changing style/tactics and that in turn will move us out of danger. IMO we still must bring 2 or 3 in and truly support DS , although this is a difficult window. Tonight will be a good indicator, as this is the type of team/fixture where we must gather points, plus anything else we can get from top half teams along the way. 

Edited by Skacelsid
spell error

5 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Still to be convinced our fortunes will change by simply changing style/tactics and that in turn will move us out of danger. IMO we still must bring 2 or 3 in and truly support DS , although this is a difficult window. Tonight will be a good indicator, as this is the type of team/fixture where we must gather points, plus anything else we can get from top half teams along the way. 

Can't agree, it was our style/tactics that got us in this mess, we have a decent squad.

57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It was but just shows how the whole thing can turn on a sixpence.

35 minutes ago, graygo said:

Can't agree, it was our style/tactics that got us in this mess, we have a decent squad.

Kind of agree with you. Still think we need to strengthen areas but we're more than good enough to get out of this mess with the squad we have. Washington, Naisy, Souttar, plus Walker & Haring when fit will be like new signings. 

Tell you something...not often you get this kind of energy for a midweek game in Dingwall.

:challenge2:

(Hey, it beats a meaningless end of season game, amirite?)

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Loss of Smith and Hickey make us weaker as well as Clare's suspension so yes not any stronger is my view re tonight

Sorry yes , I suppose I was talking overall stronger .

Think Bozanic and Garrucio provided decent cover on Saturday

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

It was massive.     Going more than 1 win away from being level is a precarious position.    

I said it at the time and stand by it that,  while it isn't good by any means,   staying 5 and 6 behind at the split would not be all that disasterous.    There is a possibility of going further adrift and out of the race when the split comes.

I reckon we'll be above at least both of them by the end of February 

19 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

If we lose tonight then there is no way back hoping for the best

I don't think it's quite as dramatic as this, however, I do feel that we need at least 8 wins from our remaining games to stay up. Draws are pretty useless.

SomethingAboutObua

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned and apologies if so, but take it there's no where to watch this? Ross County TV don't seem to have anything up and Hearts TV just has the radio commentary. 

SomethingAboutObua
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Souttar to RB and Dikamona to come in at centre half would make more sense.

Aidy White's as full back surely? Or Lewis Moore as wing back

32 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Tell you something...not often you get this kind of energy for a midweek game in Dingwall.

:challenge2:

(Hey, it beats a meaningless end of season game, amirite?)

Absolutely !

All roads lead to Gorgie

I sense a new energy about the team which should bring three points tonight, fingers crossed. I would be more confident if we had already secured a proven goal scorer but I think we still have enough to squeeze home by a single goal.

30 minutes ago, One five said:

We have sold all our allocated tickets for tonight ..... proud as punch with all you guys and gals making the long trip well done 👏👏

well said, echoes my thoughts totally.

Tenaciousdandy
6 hours ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Fuel filter isn't a big job or expensive job. Hope you aren't getting your pants pulled down for it.

Only cost £54 supplied and fitted, dont think it's that bad

36 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

If we lose tonight then there is no way back hoping for the best

You have to think positive instead of being negative. ☹🙂🇱🇻

Thought Police

Just have to go for. Too long do Hearts teams go to away grounds and play down to the other team's level. We have better players, a better coach, and the players should have a level of arrogance when they play against 75% of the league. I certainly hope the priority isn't to stop Brian Graham first before focusing on our own game.

14 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned and apologies if so, but take it there's no where to watch this? Ross County TV don't seem to have anything up and Hearts TV just has the radio commentary. 

Correct

All roads lead to Gorgie
29 minutes ago, One five said:

We have sold all our allocated tickets for tonight ..... proud as punch with all you guys and gals making the long trip well done 👏👏

I hope that includes the stand behind the goal as I noticed they sometimes only open a small section at the corner flag which seems bolted onto the stand opposite the main stand. I don't think that will apply tonight though!

I am sure we will have a great support, once again united and right behind Stendel and the team. If I had the time I would love to be there but hope everyone going enjoys the game and hopefully the three points.

2 minutes ago, Crete said:

Good Luck Daniel and the boys make sure you come down the road with 3 pints.🇱🇻🙂🇱🇻

if there's pints getting handed out I'll have a couple.:P

SomethingAboutObua
Just now, Hearts007 said:

Correct

🙄 You would think teams like County and ICT would embrace streaming coverage for these sorts of games, midweek at home v a large club in winter, sold out away end of only 600. Get an IP address limit for 50 miles around Dingwall and offer a £12 stream. Maybe they're limited by our TV deals but still very disappointing 

3 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

🙄 You would think teams like County and ICT would embrace streaming coverage for these sorts of games, midweek at home v a large club in winter, sold out away end of only 600. Get an IP address limit for 50 miles around Dingwall and offer a £12 stream. Maybe they're limited by our TV deals but still very disappointing 

Stream them to who though? you can only stream to outside the UK cant ya?

Edited by Hearts007

4 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

It would be a good idea. I mind when we played in malta in the Europa few seasons ago I paid £5 on the team website to stream the game.

Wish I was going up tonight couldn't get time off work hoping I can get this on IPTV been quite lucky with games recently on the IPTV .

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Injuries did not help, but CL was far too cautious in selecting his tactics.  Mind you, he was not helped by a poor coaching staff, again by his own making.  Nothing wrong with the squad that some fine pruning will not fix. The squad is good enough to be winning games comfortably against the other bottom six teams. 

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Wish I was going up tonight couldn't get time off work hoping I can get this on IPTV been quite lucky with games recently on the IPTV .

is this game being filmed /

broadcast anywhere? 

Just now, c41rns said:

is this game being filmed /

broadcast anywhere? 

Am not sure mate I normally go onto the SPFL section on my IPTV and will click hearts or ross county tonight to see if it comes on. most games are on every fixture card.

If its on I may record and put up on facebook.