.....The official Ross County v Heart of Midlothian match day thread .....

SMJ_1874

3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

3 wins off 7th place and 2 wins off 9th place. Easy if you say it quickly, we need a goal scorer though.

Awright Craig, hows the backshift suiting you?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Greedy Jambo

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, ZanderMIM said:

I don’t know about anyone else but I see a point as a positive.. the situation we are in, the pressure on the team and we still get a point away from home to Ross County midweek? I’d have 100% taken that before the game 

Agreed but the problem we have is games against Rangers and Celtic coming up so we’re unlikely to be climbing the table any time soon.  The good thing is no team in the top 6 is safe and it’s possible one of them will go on a horrendous run like ours.  I’d bite your hand off for 2nd bottom and take our chances over 2 legs in the playoff.

Sometimes you get games of shit quality. The important thing is we didn't concede and we didn't lose. 

We need a decent striker though. 

1 minute ago, been here before said:

But you know the answer to your OP.

Pure attention seeking.

It's no really for me is it, the topic is true and people are discussing it.

You batter on with being all jealous though. 

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What the Hell has that to do with wanting Hibs to beat Hamilton?

Sorry misread ur post. I thought you wanted Hamilton to win! Apologies 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Naismith is tho. 

Football is a team game. 

So Naismith scores goals and Washington doesn’t, but it’s ok because it’s a team game. FFS!!

the Hearts way
3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

No until i watch the best bits of 8 out of 10 cats on you tube. 

You're the tube, back to my book now

" the Jacobites" by Molly Davidson! 

At least they fought for their cause! 

Fecking Space cadet, not pirate. 

Pmsfl

HHGH 

Edited by the Hearts way

6 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I just don't get it, it's beyond all comprehension. Of course, it makes perfect sense if he's a hibs troll.

There are 4 or 5 obvious regulars

A point isn’t the worst result... midweek away to RC. Hopefully we can put in a better performance on Sunday! I’m sure we’ll have a couple of players back Meshino, Clare, Smith etc. With any luck it’ll give a bit more bite in midfield. 
Goals will follow 🤞🤞🤞

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Agreed but the problem we have is games against Rangers and Celtic coming up so we’re unlikely to be climbing the table any time soon.  The good thing is no team in the top 6 is safe and it’s possible one of them will go on a horrendous run like ours.  I’d bite your hand off for 2nd bottom and take our chances over 2 legs in the playoff.

Not sure I fancy us in a playoff to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I agree with you, I think the pressure is more on rangers on Sunday than hearts because they need to keep up with Celtic. Home advantage for hearts as well we will see what happens 

A stat that may surprise some. Washington and Boyce have a near identical number of games at League One and international level and Washington outscores Boyce in both. I don't think he's a lost cause at all.

5 minutes ago, buba said:

Well,. If we can gain a point on Hamilton and st mirren every week we'll be laughing

Problem is that should have been a winnable game, we now have ranjurs, will we get any points? Will Accies, saints or county in their games?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Awright Craig, hows the backshift suiting you?

Hilarious banter.  It's true though I look forward not back Levein and co are dead to me give it a try.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Sorry misread ur post. I thought you wanted Hamilton to win! Apologies 

Absolutely no problem!

We’ve got more to worry about than a wee misunderstanding.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, the Hearts way said:

You're the tube, back to my book now

" the Jacobites" by Molly Davidson! 

At least they fought for their cause! 

Fecking Space cadet, not pirate. 

Pmsfl

HHGH 

You'll be wanting a history degree for memorising old books next. 

Just now, EIEIO said:

Hilarious banter.  It's true though I look forward not back Levein and co are dead to me give it a try.

It’s the kind of thing Levein would say. Ridiculous talking about 7th place. 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I'm expecting an infraction but frankly I don't give a shit. 

That zoomer should have been turfed long before now. 

:fth:

Not that you should give a shit, but you've really grown on me as a poster, jonno.

the Hearts way
2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

You'll be wanting a history degree for memorising old books next. 

Book is probably older than you, printed 16 years ago! 

History O grade at Tynecastle High! 

Edited by the Hearts way

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So Naismith scores goals and Washington doesn’t, but it’s ok because it’s a team game. FFS!!

Well it would be ok if he at least set them up but he doesn’t appear to bring that to the team either!  

20 minutes ago, farin said:

15B9DF8D-F808-4961-A290-D6F952A26487.thumb.jpeg.c9d3ea627076c5bd8176ae2b8be08270.jpeg

Those stats are an utter disgrace.

If anyone can provide worse stats from any other professional football team over 90 minutes I’d be interested to see tnem.

Personally I’d make the feckers walk home from Dingwall.

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Problem is that should have been a winnable game, we now have ranjurs, will we get any points? Will Accies, saints or county in their games?

Agree, we should (and probably did) go there to win. Ross County would’ve been wanting to prove a point to their fans for their defeat at the weekend also. 

been here before
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

It's no really for me is it, the topic is true and people are discussing it.

You batter on with being all jealous though. 

7R2K.gif.f9946ff2fe6923fa9bb6a40b465dae3f.gif

19 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

You can't teach goal scoring, it's a natural ability. If we don't break the bank to get Boyce in, or someone with similar stats, then we are going down.

The person holding the purse strings is Ann Budge.....................over to you Ann!!!

This is where we are I’m afraid 

desperate times call for desperate measures 

if Boyce is the guy we want then we pay the fee required... if we go down it will cost us far more than paying a fee for a proven goalscorer would

My fear however is AB knows she is leaving, she will be paid up in full and now have decided she will not sanction any further money for transfers

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not that you should give a shit, but you've really grown on me as a poster, jonno.

I’m jealous.  :sad: 

Just now, the Hearts way said:

Book is probably older than you, printed 16 years ago! 

You've probably got shoes that are older. 

11 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

3 wins off 7th place and 2 wins off 9th place. Easy if you say it quickly, we need a goal scorer though.

The problem with this logic is that it assumes no one else above us picks up points in the meantime. Realistically, we're probably more like 5-6 wins on the bounce from reaching as high as 7th.

Konrad von Carstein
18 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

With a few players missing, that’s not a bad result to be fair, a tough point ground out, if we gain a point on the teams above us on average over the rest of the season we’ll be fine, and if we get a point away, and win our home games, we’ll be fine, plenty more to come yet from this side. 

Stop being all even handed and pragmatic...get your hysterics on! 🧐

It’s not just our form that worries me or the fact that were 5,6 or 7 points adrift.....its the fact that the Hamilton’s, St Johnstones are not in complete melt down and will themselves continue to pick up a reasonable haul of points,  we’re not just needing 5,6 or 7 points its a hell of a lot more than that unless one of these teams just stop picking up points altogether.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Win tonight. County have got Rangers & Celtic next. They'll all be getting dragged down there. We just need to win games and not expect other teams to help us out. We can catch Hibs in the most optimistic scenario. 

Agree with you in the sense that we should only be looking at ourselves. Disappointing tonight but we didn’t deserve the win. It will take a few more games (and hopefully a few more players in) to get the desired consistency 

even although a bit deflated tonight still 2 games undefeated and take each game as it comes.

We do need to be far more consistent from week to week than how we played tonight but I’m sure that the players and Daniel know this exactly

Coburg Hearts

Plus points. 

1. We kept a clean sheet

2. We got a point away from home

3. We gained a point on each of the 3 teams immediately above us.

Baby steps and all that.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well it would be ok if he at least set them up but he doesn’t appear to bring that to the team either!  

Apparently he can run about a bit though.

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Naismith and Washington haven’t played in a number of them tho. 

Even now, they won't be near 100% match sharp. 

The old “injuries comfort blanket” coming out. 

Straight from the Craig Levein book of excuses. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Those stats are an utter disgrace.

If anyone can provide worse stats from any other professional football team over 90 minutes I’d be interested to see tnem.

Personally I’d make the feckers walk home from Dingwall.

The most positive stat of the evening is we are now 4 points off the drop.  We didn’t lose and are a work in progress.  

1 minute ago, Heres Rixxy said:

The problem with this logic is that it assumes no one else above us picks up points in the meantime. Realistically, we're probably more like 5-6 wins on the bounce from reaching as high as 7th.

Dunno why you are entertaining that type of post. People like that are sleepwalking into relegation.

the Hearts way
4 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

You've probably got shoes that are older. If that's the best retort you have? I suggest you stay off the collie dugs until your brain has actually developed. Erse hole!

Signing out! 

HHGH. 

Edited by the Hearts way

8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

A stat that may surprise some. Washington and Boyce have a near identical number of games at League One and international level and Washington outscores Boyce in both. I don't think he's a lost cause at all.

This is a great stat, given that Washington “isn’t a striker” and Boyce will “keep us up”. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jambof3tornado
35 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Looks like Washington is the new boo boy target.

🤣

Boy is just back from 5 months out ffs.

This. Some folk are ****ing eejits!!

DS is still peeing with the cock Levein has left him. We need a few more bodies in that can help us out,not just brought in for the sake of it.

Coburg Hearts
42 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I mean meaningful ground. We need 3 points tonight if we’ve any chance of even being in the play offs.

Danny, you seem to be saying we now have no chance of being in the play-offs?

Our most successful seasons in living memory, not only have forwards scoring but Hartleys, Rudi's and Cameron's scoring for fun also.

We have neither :(