• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Sharpie

• Space Mackerel

• ri Alban

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

One US Military personal & two contractors have been killed in an attack by Al-Shabab on Camp Simba in Kenya.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-50997769

I fear this is only the start of a prolonged and deadly retribution the US (& the West) will now reap.

Iranian back terrorist doing the dirty work. Is this not why the yanks killed soleimani? 

22 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Iran offering $80m to off Chump. Tempting offer. 

Knowing that there's a price on his head might make him cut down on his golfing excursions.

5 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Knowing that there's a price on his head might make him cut down on his golfing excursions.

he would probably try and claim the bounty

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

I know that you meant deployable, but that typo is actually ironically appropriate.

:lol:

If only every every poster was as deployable as me then what a boring message board it would be? 

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Iran offering $80m to off Chump. Tempting offer. 

Make it £s and they're on.

4 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Saw a little bit about Trumps latest Tweet where he has delared if anything is done to Americans there will be a response that could be disproportionate. This goes against what his Secretary of State had previously stated. There is no doubt at all the mans mind is unbalanced, he lives in a world that has no connection to reality, to wit. Reality TV.

Hes a clown Bob.

I know you hate him.

But his actions are no more deplorable than the previous presidents on international matters.

That's the most depressing thing for me.

36 minutes ago, jake said:

Hes a clown Bob.

I know you hate him.

But his actions are no more deplorable than the previous presidents on international matters.

That's the most depressing thing for me.

First things first Jake I don't use the term hate, and certainly not towards Trump.I do however have no use for the man, the other thing I dislike is lies, and he is a habitual liar

I also dislike the use of the word scum when used descriptively of other humans. He has used it.

As far as Trump is concerned I think he is the worst bar none of all the Presidents I have seen in my life. Jimmy Carter was wishy washy, Nixon was a crook, Clinton got caught in a tempting situation John Kennedy had an affair with Marilyn Monroe, that for a lot of us young men in those days would have justified him being President for life, tragically he was President for the rest of his life. The affair with Marilyn probably if admitted most men would have yeilded to that  temptation. For me the main thing Trump lacks which most if not all other Presidents had  is an element of class. From his coiffed hair, to his would be hard man act, his rudeness and practise of calling any opposition by insulting names are obvious indications of his unworthiness for the position he holds. His cohorts brag about the sixty three million votes he got in the election, that was the popular vote where Hilary actually got more than he did he was however elected as a result of the electoral college  system .

He blustered about Rocket Man and how any aggression by North Korea would be met by  Fire and Fury such as the world has never before seen, he then fell in love with Kim and exchanges love letters, while Kim continues to work on his nuclear weapons, and is reported to have perfected a delivery system that can now reach the United States. He is also closely bonded to Putin who has just developed a nuclear delivery system that can defeat all the present warning systems. Especially those of the USA.

Constantly with Trump people as you have done in this post say look what so and so done, look what Bush done , look what Obama done, so what thats all gone now, its January 2020, like my old mother would say so if Jimmy Smith jumped off the Forth Bridge would you do it too, it seems your pacifist President Donald J Trump has done like his much criticised predecessors have done as oft mentioned on here, stirred the sleeping beast and put Americans and the world in a state of preparation for the acts of revenge which have been promised as forthcoming.

So I repeat Jake I do not use the word hate, my highest form of disgrace is not in general to call names, my greatest insult which is my internal strength is to deny the like of Trump my respect. The length and explanation of my views is a sign of respect in my reply to you.

12 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

E
Actually, it it’s true, it gives Russia a first strike capability without retaliation.

Whats so good about this Hellfire compared to others? 

It's accurate, cheap at around $100k, and quite brutal....!

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2019/05/14/ninja-bomb-is-a-bladed-anvil-that-shreds-terrorists-with-no-risk-of-collateral-damage-pentagon-says/

7 hours ago, bobsharp said:

First things first Jake I don't use the term hate, and certainly not towards Trump.I do however have no use for the man, the other thing I dislike is lies, and he is a habitual liar

I also dislike the use of the word scum when used descriptively of other humans. He has used it.

As far as Trump is concerned I think he is the worst bar none of all the Presidents I have seen in my life. Jimmy Carter was wishy washy, Nixon was a crook, Clinton got caught in a tempting situation John Kennedy had an affair with Marilyn Monroe, that for a lot of us young men in those days would have justified him being President for life, tragically he was President for the rest of his life. The affair with Marilyn probably if admitted most men would have yeilded to that  temptation. For me the main thing Trump lacks which most if not all other Presidents had  is an element of class. From his coiffed hair, to his would be hard man act, his rudeness and practise of calling any opposition by insulting names are obvious indications of his unworthiness for the position he holds. His cohorts brag about the sixty three million votes he got in the election, that was the popular vote where Hilary actually got more than he did he was however elected as a result of the electoral college  system .

He blustered about Rocket Man and how any aggression by North Korea would be met by  Fire and Fury such as the world has never before seen, he then fell in love with Kim and exchanges love letters, while Kim continues to work on his nuclear weapons, and is reported to have perfected a delivery system that can now reach the United States. He is also closely bonded to Putin who has just developed a nuclear delivery system that can defeat all the present warning systems. Especially those of the USA.

Constantly with Trump people as you have done in this post say look what so and so done, look what Bush done , look what Obama done, so what thats all gone now, its January 2020, like my old mother would say so if Jimmy Smith jumped off the Forth Bridge would you do it too, it seems your pacifist President Donald J Trump has done like his much criticised predecessors have done as oft mentioned on here, stirred the sleeping beast and put Americans and the world in a state of preparation for the acts of revenge which have been promised as forthcoming.

So I repeat Jake I do not use the word hate, my highest form of disgrace is not in general to call names, my greatest insult which is my internal strength is to deny the like of Trump my respect. The length and explanation of my views is a sign of respect in my reply to you.

Jimmy Carter was/is a decent man who was brought down by the Iranian hostage situation. He was ridiculed in his own country because he wasn't a war monger and his only fault was he didn't "come accross" very well. Decent guys tend not to last long at the top in politics....👍

Trump says theyve built an expensive airbase in Iraq ,cost billions of dollars . If they want us to leave they must pay us back for the airbase first :rofl:

23 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

Trump says theyve built an expensive airbase in Iraq ,cost billions of dollars . If they want us to leave they must pay us back for the airbase first :rofl:

Just like the Mexicans paying for his wall i presume.

He just says shit and then gets told to bolt. Pretty sure the Iraq gov will tell him to do the same.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, JimKongUno said:

What a clown.

I don't know enough about this to comment on either side, I'm also guessing that this move would simply have been a recommendation and he's agreed.  Some experts claiming this had to be done due to his radical influence on their military strategy - who knows.

What I have been watching today is videos on military drones - wow, impressive pieces of kit, in and out in minutes and controlled from anywhere in the world - job done. 

Edited by Armageddon

I P Knightley
17 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Saw a little bit about Trumps latest Tweet where he has delared if anything is done to Americans there will be a response that could be disproportionate. This goes against what his Secretary of State had previously stated. There is no doubt at all the mans mind is unbalanced, he lives in a world that has no connection to reality, to wit. Reality TV.

I saw that he's threatened to attack Iranian cultural sites. Advance warning, then, that he's prepared to commit war crimes. That and, I suppose, that 'culture' means nothing to that bellend. 

49 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I don't know enough about this to comment on either side, I'm also guessing that this move would simply have been a recommendation and he's agreed.  Some experts claiming this had to be done due to his radical influence on their military strategy - who knows.

What I have been watching today is videos on military drones - wow, impressive pieces of kit, in and out in minutes and controlled from anywhere in the world - job done. 

It's being reported that the Pentagon only offered the killing of Soleimani so as to make all the other options more appealing to Trump, and Trump choose the most extreme option, an option that both Bush & Obama had rejected as being too provocative.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-had-menu-for-iran-strike-but-chose-soleimani-2020-1?r=US&IR=T

Scnorthedinburgh

Doc on iPlayer about the guys history from middle of last year.

Worth a watch to see how the usa basically set up the middle East for a Shia takeover.

Their strategic planning is terrifying.

Shadow commander is the title.

3fingersreid

I’ve just went onto a newsfeed to find out what was going on in the world . I clicked on the funeral of the Soleimani , the picture I have attached is a screen shot of the page , it’s not a mock up it’s what genuinely came up on the screen 😱

BD321160-0E2A-488D-A000-E4763E21089F.jpeg

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve just went onto a newsfeed to find out what was going on in the world . I clicked on the funeral of the Soleimani , the picture I have attached is a screen shot of the page , it’s not a mock up it’s what genuinely came up on the screen 😱

BD321160-0E2A-488D-A000-E4763E21089F.jpeg

Seen the live footage on Sky News and the streets are mobbed with thousands of mourners.

AlphonseCapone
12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seen the live footage on Sky News and the streets are mobbed with thousands of mourners.

Think he meant the ad below! 

33 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You want evidence that Trump is lying out his arse about Iran, maybe this might convince you?

https://twitter.com/ml_1maria/status/1213718863344537600?s=20

Seen this guy on Sky News this morning, tbh a lot has changed since the Iraq war of 2003, especially with regards to the internet/social media etc etc, that I'm not so sure the same tactics with the same lies would work the same now as it did then, especially after the great WMD hoax, surely people can't be as thick to fall for another pile of BS, well I'd like to think folks are more savvy now.

maroonlegions

Eisenhower knew,  among the many US presidents to follow  he was the one that could smell shite.

On January 17, 1961, President Dwight Eisenhower delivered a televised farewell address to the nation where he admonished the American people saying;

“In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.”

When Eisenhower left the White House in 1961, the Pentagon’s annual budget was $47.81 billion. Bear in mind that this was during the Cold War. Today, the country has no credible geopolitical foes yet it is still in the thrall of the military industrial complex, spending more than $648.8 Billion on “defence” in 2019. The rest of the world’s combined expenditure totalled $548.24 Billion.

This is a country that has only 5% of the world’s population yet its military budget constitutes well over 50% of the world’s total military expenditure.

https://www.macrotrends.net/…/military-spending-defense-bud…

“America’s military budget is set to grow for a fifth consecutive year to near-historic highs in 2020, as lawmakers push increases in defense spending for next year despite opposition from some liberals in Congress and deficit hawks. The Trump administration has proposed $750 billion in defense spending as part of its budget request to Congress for next year, as well as steep cuts to domestic programs in health care and education ... the United States is expected to spend more on its military in 2020 than at any point since World War II, except for a handful of years at the height of the Iraq War.”

I wonder why...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/…/us-military-spending-set-…/

For a greater understanding, I strongly suggest you listen to the words of General Wesley Clark;

“... we're going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran ...

the 34th American President, I’ll also leave him with the last word...

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

No photo description available.

Edited by maroonlegions

On 05/01/2020 at 09:25, Captain Sausage said:

My take on this whole thing (May be wrong, so please correct if so):

Both the US and Iran are interfering in the Middle East, using the war on ISIS as a smokescreen to assert influence to serve their respective drivers. 

Soleimani was a piece of shit. He was behind a lot of deaths and clearly didn’t hold very high regard of human life. He was up to no good (including the attacks on the US embassy) at the time of his removal from this earth. Is this an act of war? Or is it not because he used local militia to do the work?

The US has no legitimate claim to be bombing another sovereign country without permission. Surely that is an act of war?

On the flip side, Iran has proved very recently how full of shit it is. The tanker situations in the Straight of Hormuz were obviously where the IRG moved ships into Iranian waters before arresting them. The ship GPS shows this really clearly. So I cannot take a single thing they say seriously, as they’ve even more history of bare faced lying than the Americans. 

The UK, as the USA European lapdog, has already pied off the Europeans to dive in headfirst with the yanks. 

So all in all, everyone is a bad guy, but Iran is probably a marginally worse guy than America, while the UK is just a pathetic pet. 

The difference is Iran are IN the Middle East. 

Israel, Saudi Arabia and Iraq under Saddam also do plenty of interfering. 

maroonlegions

Sums up Trump.

I can survive the rat race honey
Time is money and money is honey, honey

My megabucks your symmetrical beauty
Together we can serve the nation - yeah!

The quality of life filled us all with pride
America

And as I watched I just cried and cried
How I love America

I will buy you rich perfumes
And we will eat the finest foods

A mansion in New England

A silver dollar for every child

Where everybody has got their price

They'll sustain our way of life

You and I will fly to Rio

I'll make you feel like a millionaire

I can survive the rat race honey
Time is money and money is honey, honey

My megabucks your symmetrical beauty
Together we can serve the nation - yeah!

West is best and might is right

And with our allies - fight the good fight
Now everybody's got to compromise

My moral code's on overload
Liberty still takes its toll

Take a look at the losers wasting in the bars

Where they cut their losses!

There were fireworks in the Gulf

There was champagne at home - How I love America

But showbiz and Hollywood still shouted out - America

maroonlegions
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The difference is Iran are IN the Middle East. 

Israel, Saudi Arabia and Iraq under Saddam also do plenty of interfering. 

Still an act of war.

Trump is playing a very dangerous game in the middle east and you and he knows it. 

No amount of spin ect can take away the fact that this could lead to WW3..

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Think he meant the ad below! 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Doh!  :facepalm:

I did 😂😂

AlphonseCapone
39 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Still an act of war.

Trump is playing a very dangerous game in the middle east and you and he knows it. 

It won't lead to WW3. Everytime major events happen people jump immediately to world wars. 

I don't think we'll ever see another world war like the previous two. It'll be a different thing, cyber, terrorism, proxy wars. 

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seen this guy on Sky News this morning, tbh a lot has changed since the Iraq war of 2003, especially with regards to the internet/social media etc etc, that I'm not so sure the same tactics with the same lies would work the same now as it did then, especially after the great WMD hoax, surely people can't be as thick to fall for another pile of BS, well I'd like to think folks are more savvy now.

You think? I was listening to LBC today in the van, some of the calls were horrific. There is some seriously dense folk out there.

If only the country had a chance to elect a Prime Minister who would condemn this kind of state sponsored nihilism...

Oh wait!!!     

29 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You think? I was listening to LBC today in the van, some of the calls were horrific. There is some seriously dense folk out there.

Having dealt with the public, I can confirm that as well, however I'd just hope that common sen..............................oh wait, maybe you are right the first time.

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Having dealt with the public, I can confirm that as well, however I'd just hope that common sen..............................oh wait, maybe you are right the first time.

I quite like Dode Orwell's musings.

image.png.6fc80abdf3d52b42b502c86239837877.png

54 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

And they all have a vote.  I once read that George Bush Jr got really upset about the education system when he was told that half the American population was below average intelligence.  There were so many cruel (but funny) things said about wee George that I'm not sure if that story is true.

Note to all, avoid Trump properties from now....

Brightest man in world may be not so bright after all if this is true.

Could be an insurance job mind.

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

And they all have a vote.  I once read that George Bush Jr got really upset about the education system when he was told that half the American population was below average intelligence.  There were so many cruel (but funny) things said about wee George that I'm not sure if that story is true.

That's a rehash for sure . . . I think I first heard it told that it was Eisenhower who was aghast at that statistical fact.

Very interesting documentary on the BBC about him just now. Currently talking about the US abandoning Iraqi forces and leaving the Kurds to fight ISIS on their own so the Iraqi government had to go running to Iran for help. 

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

That's a rehash for sure . . . I think I first heard it told that it was Eisenhower who was aghast at that statistical fact.

Yeah, not surprised.

Jack Straw the former Foreign Secretary from 2001 - 2006 under the Blair government, has just said on Sky News that he knew that Israel had Soleimani firmly in their sights but feared that the backlash that would follow if they killed him wasn't worth it.

jack D and coke

I reckon America, if Trump wasn’t in charge would’ve had some faction do the job and claim terrorism and keep their proxy war going. Because it’s a Trump and he’s such a narcissist and big headed buffoon he wants the credit for it and doesn’t realise the possible implications. 
It’s hard to get inside the heads of a people like the Iranian’s. The amount of them at a military mans funeral is truly mind boggling. Human’s could be the dumbest beings on this earth without a doubt. 
Worshipping a ****ing madman. How do you deal with that? 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

I reckon America, if Trump wasn’t in charge would’ve had some faction do the job and claim terrorism and keep their proxy war going. Because it’s a Trump and he’s such a narcissist and big headed buffoon he wants the credit for it and doesn’t realise the possible implications. 
It’s hard to get inside the heads of a people like the Iranian’s. The amount of them at a military mans funeral is truly mind boggling. Human’s could be the dumbest beings on this earth without a doubt. 

Your last line is spot on. Problem is, the madmen are everywhere. 
As for dumb, our entire country country more or less closed down because they were burying an ex-princess who died in a car crash. 
Dumb is dumb everywhere.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Your last line is spot on. Problem is, the madmen are everywhere. 
As for dumb, our entire country country more or less closed down because they were burying an ex-princess who died in a car crash. 
Dumb is dumb everywhere.

Very true mate. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if some in the higher echelons of the Iranian government weren’t in on this. Those running the country are completely at odds with the people of Iran. This might be the nudge that was needed to bring regime change. 

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The Yanks certainly fit the bill to your last sentence.

14 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Still an act of war.

A total of 283 passengers, including 80 children, and 15 crew members were murdered on Malaysia flight MH17 over Eastern Ukraine in 2014. The Russian built Buk missile system, which belonged to the 53rd Anti-Aircraft brigade, based in the Western Russian city of Kursk has (allegedly) been proven responsible.

If the above is true, I'm still surprised the unfortunate survivors of WW3 are not now reading about it on papyrus paper written in charcoal.