US drone strike takes out top Iranian general

Better call Saul

Trump just another president about to deliver some bombs .

From the Napalm of south east Asia to the shock and awe of Iraq.

To the sophisticated Obama's daily use .

It really has nothing to do with who is president unless god forbid they called a halt to the mass murder industry.

Doubt they'd last long.

The only strategy I can see in all of this is to keep on making it more complicated and more messy.

But hey I'm just one of those conspiracy guys and who am I to take notice of the likes of the CIA.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Sharpie

• Space Mackerel

• ri Alban

Space Mackerel
12 minutes ago, jake said:

It really has nothing to do with who is president unless god forbid they called a halt to the mass murder industry.

Doubt they'd last long.

The only strategy I can see in all of this is to keep on making it more complicated and more messy.

But hey I'm just one of those conspiracy guys and who am I to take notice of the likes of the CIA.

Washington Post released the Afghanistan Papers, I only found out about it yesterday. Nothing on the MSM at all here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/investigations/afghanistan-papers/afghanistan-war-confidential-documents/

Edited by Space Mackerel

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Washington Post released the Afghanistan Papers, I only found out about it yesterday. Nothing on the MSM at all here.

I'd say they were eye opening.

Really just confirms a lot of what I hope most people think .

Got a bit of a doing on here about Syria .

Bottom line is we get lied to .

Then years later its heralded as some journalistic event when a slither of truth comes out.

You do get journalists who try to expose things.

And /or whistleblowers.

Chelsea Manning who the UN now describe as a victim of torture.

Julian Assange anyone who also published revealing dirty deeds about Russia btw.

Journalists who spoke out about the lies being told by the BBC and Guardian regarding Syria.

Rubbished for one reason or another.

Favourite is they had appeared on RT.

ETC ETC ETC

BLATANT LIES.

The Avangard is totally different, and bears no resemblance to the the hellfire. The modification to the hellfire has hardly been acknowledged before and only used a few times for non explosive/precision targeting. The Russian missile you're talking about couldn't be used in this way.  

Captain Sausage

My brother is on the HMS Defender. Just hope things de-escalate as he’s right in the thick of it now. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

My brother is on the HMS Defender. Just hope things de-escalate as he’s right in the thick of it now. 

Ugh. Best wishes to him.

4 hours ago, jake said:

I'd say they were eye opening.

Really just confirms a lot of what I hope most people think .

Got a bit of a doing on here about Syria .

Bottom line is we get lied to .

Then years later its heralded as some journalistic event when a slither of truth comes out.

You do get journalists who try to expose things.

And /or whistleblowers.

Chelsea Manning who the UN now describe as a victim of torture.

Julian Assange anyone who also published revealing dirty deeds about Russia btw.

Journalists who spoke out about the lies being told by the BBC and Guardian regarding Syria.

Rubbished for one reason or another.

Favourite is they had appeared on RT.

ETC ETC ETC

BLATANT LIES.

As per the normal Jake, don't let them get to you.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As per the normal Jake, don't let them get to you.

I get angry and post on here mate.

That's about it.

Pathetic really I suppose.

What really boils my piss is Blair swanning about like some kind of elder statesman and Bush seen as some kind of cuddly uncle loved up with the so called liberal Hollywood set who proclaim their disgust at the clown in power .

That will probably get me labelled alt right or some such thing.

Anyway theres good posters on here I like reading and I try not to spoil the threads with rants.

Cheers though buddy

1 hour ago, jake said:

I get angry and post on here mate.

That's about it.

Pathetic really I suppose.

What really boils my piss is Blair swanning about like some kind of elder statesman and Bush seen as some kind of cuddly uncle loved up with the so called liberal Hollywood set who proclaim their disgust at the clown in power .

That will probably get me labelled alt right or some such thing.

Anyway theres good posters on here I like reading and I try not to spoil the threads with rants.

Cheers though buddy

If you haven't figured out yet the difference with things that'll get you correctly called alt-right, and stuff like this, I'm not sure you ever will.

But there's absolutely nothing wrong with this post--quite the opposite.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:
Trump's moronic, despotic series of tweets, first up was...

Where do you even start with this absolute garbage?

I can't believe I actually got raised believing America were the good guys and we did things the right way. It's just incredible. Probably the worst of all is knowing how much good we'd be capable of, if our country wasn't so full of immoral, racist, warmongering *****.

38 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

If you haven't figured out yet the difference with things that'll get you correctly called alt-right, and stuff like this, I'm not sure you ever will.

But there's absolutely nothing wrong with this post--quite the opposite.

I am.

I think because I've always had a go at previous presidents I was heading it off at the past.

Seen a post of yours earlier which said you were scunnered with the whole thing.

That's where I'm at.

It seems we all know it's a farce and the whole holding to account through democracy is fake.

We may be pissed off but we are not paying for it like so many others are.

1 hour ago, jake said:

I am.

I think because I've always had a go at previous presidents I was heading it off at the past.

Seen a post of yours earlier which said you were scunnered with the whole thing.

That's where I'm at.

It seems we all know it's a farce and the whole holding to account through democracy is fake.

We may be pissed off but we are not paying for it like so many others are.

The peasants are revolting! We'll maybe not, but we should be.

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Reminiscent of regimes that say things like “kill one of ours we’ll kill ten of yours”

Who said that? Genghis khan?! 😂I think you may be getting that quote mixed up a bit.

7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Reminiscent of regimes that say things like “kill one of ours we’ll kill ten of yours”

Off topic reverse fact:

The word 'decimate' comes from Roman times where one in every ten soldiers would be executed as punishment for poor performance of a unit. 

highlandjambo3
7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Where do you even start with this absolute garbage?

I can't believe I actually got raised believing America were the good guys and we did things the right way. It's just incredible. Probably the worst of all is knowing how much good we'd be capable of, if our country wasn't so full of immoral, racist, warmongering *****.

Most Americans can’t see themselves as being wrong, no matter how wrong they are.  They start at an early age, most of the kids can point to all the states on the American map but not any other country on a world map, big flags in all their classrooms, star spangled chants at sports events....every second building with a flag....etc...etc

Captain Sausage

America is peak nationalism. 

When I was in primary school, we spent two years in Texas and they tried to make me do the pledge of allegiance. I complained to my dad and eventually I was allowed to just stand and look at the flag while the others, with hands on hearts, recited this absolute propaganda. 

Having a brother involved, as a compete pleb, really changes my perspective. Fat, work shy, self centred arseholes like Trump and Khamenei sound off at each other to look the big man, and couldn’t give a flying **** at the lives that will inevitably be lost as a result of their posturing. 

Captain Sausage

My take on this whole thing (May be wrong, so please correct if so):

Both the US and Iran are interfering in the Middle East, using the war on ISIS as a smokescreen to assert influence to serve their respective drivers. 

Soleimani was a piece of shit. He was behind a lot of deaths and clearly didn’t hold very high regard of human life. He was up to no good (including the attacks on the US embassy) at the time of his removal from this earth. Is this an act of war? Or is it not because he used local militia to do the work?

The US has no legitimate claim to be bombing another sovereign country without permission. Surely that is an act of war?

On the flip side, Iran has proved very recently how full of shit it is. The tanker situations in the Straight of Hormuz were obviously where the IRG moved ships into Iranian waters before arresting them. The ship GPS shows this really clearly. So I cannot take a single thing they say seriously, as they’ve even more history of bare faced lying than the Americans. 

The UK, as the USA European lapdog, has already pied off the Europeans to dive in headfirst with the yanks. 

So all in all, everyone is a bad guy, but Iran is probably a marginally worse guy than America, while the UK is just a pathetic pet. 

Edited by Captain Sausage

4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

America is peak nationalism. 

When I was in primary school, we spent two years in Texas and they tried to make me do the pledge of allegiance. I complained to my dad and eventually I was allowed to just stand and look at the flag while the others, with hands on hearts, recited this absolute propaganda. 

Having a brother involved, as a compete pleb, really changes my perspective. Fat, work shy, self centred arseholes like Trump and Khamenei sound off at each other to look the big man, and couldn’t give a flying **** at the lives that will inevitably be lost as a result of their posturing. 

And talking about nationalism.....how is our very own Princess Fiona these days.....😁....?

19 hours ago, jake said:

Doubt they'd last long.

It’s a business, nothing more.

They have to use these weapons or the arms industry dies.

Bullshit about terror is for the stupid.

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, Boab said:

He announced in one of his many tweets today that the US of A has spent trillions re-arming and he's itching to use it.

Great news for the arms companies, less so for the poor sods about to have a cruise missile land on their house or indeed the canon fodder of America's youth who will no doubt experience their very own vietnam. 

25 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

the canon fodder of America's youth who will no doubt experience their very own vietnam. 

Who ironically are mostly recruited from the Trump supporting areas of the south and the poor parts of the mid west.

42 minutes ago, Boab said:

Are we responsible mate ?

I know not directly but we vote and watch listen to and read our so called free press yet time and again our governments keep dropping bombs ,regime change ,wage war by proxy.

I think we all know now but still get told the same narrative.

5 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Both the US and Iran are interfering in the Middle East, using the war on ISIS as a smokescreen to assert influence to serve their respective drivers. 

Soleimani was a piece of shit. He was behind a lot of deaths and clearly didn’t hold very high regard of human life. He was up to no good (including the attacks on the US embassy) at the time of his removal from this earth. Is this an act of war? Or is it not because he used local militia to do the work?

The US has no legitimate claim to be bombing another sovereign country without permission. Surely that is an act of war?

On the flip side, Iran has proved very recently how full of shit it is. The tanker situations in the Straight of Hormuz were obviously where the IRG moved ships into Iranian waters before arresting them. The ship GPS shows this really clearly. So I cannot take a single thing they say seriously, as they’ve even more history of bare faced lying than the Americans. 

The UK, as the USA European lapdog, has already pied off the Europeans to dive in headfirst with the yanks. 

So all in all, everyone is a bad guy, but Iran is probably a marginally worse guy than America, while the UK is just a pathetic pet. 

Maybe it's the other way round. Could the USA not be Britania's big brother bitch? Thought not, too far fetched eh? Or is it?

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Who ironically are mostly recruited from the Trump supporting areas of the south and the poor parts of the mid west.

Let's not forget Bush and others put them there.

I dont want to be seen as  Trump apologist but imo the presidency is no more than a puppet.

These wars and regime changes have been going on for decades.

Cannon fodder always has come from the working class poorer areas.

5 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

It always gives me the boak when I see Blairs pious face beside Bush in older photos.

That Blair still walks free is testament to the farce.

At one point or another, there will be a full out war. Unless Iran backs down or gives in. Which isn’t going to happen unless America pummels then into coming to the table.

If America pulls out of Iraq, Iran will take it by Proxy. 

And now that the Sunni ISIS and the rebels have been crushed in Syria, the Shia will rule that entire area and become the most powerful power in the Middle East, threatening Saudi Arabia and Israel. 

So there has to be a war at some point to stop that from happening and harming American interests.

I think the difference between now and the sabre rattling before is that both Iran and America now realise what is at stake here. Iran will go balls out and enact revenge and America will hit back. I think it’s past the stage of diplomacy and things will continue to escalate and spiral out of control. 

Invest in renewable energy.

Don't need oil any more.

Pull out of the middle east.

Let them sort it out between themselves but without oil revenues.

1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Maybe it's the other way round. Could the USA not be Britania's big brother bitch? Thought not, too far fetched eh? Or is it?

I mean, on the topic of Iran specifically, we've kinda been going our own way since the 50s.

Where is it really other than being bigger, more deadly, different to everyday life. You get a boss who is promoted beyond his ability, uses people to keep where he is. Blusters and threatens, then when the Union steps in deflates like a baloon.Just like Trump.

I personally enjoyed when I had a mature boss, communicable, pleasant but never allowed himself to be encroached by anyone. No threats but prompt action when needed. Actions not always popular, but passages of grievance available. The biggest mistake some bosses made was promoting or appointing yes men, a fatal error, because sometimes they would allow such a boss to enmire himslf so deep that he could never get out.

In my humble estimation Trump falls deeply into that  category.

Sawdust Caesar
2 hours ago, Boab said:

"Now c'mon Wall Street don't be slow

and man this war a go-go

there's plenty good money to be made

supplying the army with the tools of the trade."

The Mighty Thor

Iraqi MPs have passed a resolution to get foreign troops out Iraq. 

That's an interesting one as it will force the west (trump) into a corner where they either GTFO and lose a toe hold in that area or they ignore the Iraqis and stay out, which will ratchet the tension up a notch or two,  especially at the UN.

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's an interesting one as it will force the west (trump) into a corner where they either GTFO and lose a toe hold in that area or they ignore the Iraqis and stay out, which will ratchet the tension up a notch or two,  especially at the UN.

Stay out?

grumpy rebus
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Invest in renewable energy.

Don't need oil any more.

Pull out of the middle east.

Let them sort it out between themselves but without oil revenues.

I am no “tree hugger” but I was discussing this with someone only this morning. The only reasons we could see why this won’t work is 

1) The arms industry needs these conflicts, unless there are other plans afoot

2) The US wouldn’t leave Israel high and dry in the region

3) It may take more time to be non-oil reliant (is that even a phrase?) than we have at present

But surely moving towards this would reduce the influence of these states and therefore drastically reduce their importance. Leave them to do whatever they want to do, so long as they leave us alone. 

Space Mackerel
22 hours ago, Section Q said:

The Avangard is totally different, and bears no resemblance to the the hellfire. The modification to the hellfire has hardly been acknowledged before and only used a few times for non explosive/precision targeting. The Russian missile you're talking about couldn't be used in this way.  

Actually, it it’s true, it gives Russia a first strike capability without retaliation.

Whats so good about this Hellfire compared to others? 

Space Mackerel
14 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I know what a Hellfire is, I used to be responsible for the armament systems up to the pylons on military aircraft and test them regularly. 

What’s so good about this one? Is it radar or laser guided? It has deplorable wings? It’s nothing new in my book. 

1 hour ago, grumpy rebus said:

I am no “tree hugger” but I was discussing this with someone only this morning. The only reasons we could see why this won’t work is 

1) The arms industry needs these conflicts, unless there are other plans afoot

2) The US wouldn’t leave Israel high and dry in the region

3) It may take more time to be non-oil reliant (is that even a phrase?) than we have at present

But surely moving towards this would reduce the influence of these states and therefore drastically reduce their importance. Leave them to do whatever they want to do, so long as they leave us alone. 

Reference #3 programs aimed at climate change may provide some answers to that question, but like gun control it is something else Trump will not consider

grumpy rebus
2 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Reference #3 programs aimed at climate change may provide some answers to that question, but like gun control it is something else Trump will not consider

That’s the problem Bob. This approach wouldn’t tie in with too many political agendas. What a sad place this world has become. Ordinary people like us can see potential answers (or at least part of the answer), but those with the power to actually do something choose not to. 

John Findlay
23 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Dont fret. The biggest thing your brother will be fighting is boredom. It's no different to the 1980s. Back then the British government had three capital warships patrolling the Persian Gulf in what was termed the Armilla patrol group. I know as I did two deployments out there on Hms Andromeda. First one in 1987. The second 1988/89. Believe what is going on is nothing new. 

Saw a little bit about Trumps latest Tweet where he has delared if anything is done to Americans there will be a response that could be disproportionate. This goes against what his Secretary of State had previously stated. There is no doubt at all the mans mind is unbalanced, he lives in a world that has no connection to reality, to wit. Reality TV.

45 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I know what a Hellfire is, I used to be responsible for the armament systems up to the pylons on military aircraft and test them regularly. 

What’s so good about this one? Is it radar or laser guided? It has deplorable wings? It’s nothing new in my book. 

I know that you meant deployable, but that typo is actually ironically appropriate.

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It was a non-binding resolution tbf.