• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Sharpie

• Space Mackerel

• ri Alban

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

176 people killed in the plane crash. 'technical difficulties' caused it. Video seems to show it on fire on the way down. Tragic. 

How are they able to determine the cause so quickly? Thought they’d need to look at the data of the black box before knowing the cause. 

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.c86a51d2f60fa82b6074a74c3a0941fd.png

All is well though, guys. All is ****ing well. *****.

That is clearly a response to de-escalate the situation, a line can be drawn under this because Iran has retaliated and has saved faced.

Guess it all depends now what Fox News is saying when Trump turns on his TV and watches the news, to determine his next move.

The Internet
12 minutes ago, JamboMarc said:

How are they able to determine the cause so quickly? Thought they’d need to look at the data of the black box before knowing the cause. 

The Iranian media said it within 20 minutes of the crash and I've no reason to doubt those guys. 

Ibrahim Tall
17 minutes ago, JamboMarc said:

They probably aren’t, giving another reason to drop bombs today isn’t anyone’s interest though. 

Ukraine also stating no suspicion of terrorism which is probably significant given Iran's links with Russia.

Maybe the US could offer to help? Might help decease tensions (i know i know!)

19 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The Iranian media said it within 20 minutes of the crash and I've no reason to doubt those guys. 

Before or after the crash?

Missiles from Iran launched at Iraq and at the same time a commercial fight crashes on fire minutes after taking of from Tehran. Pure coincidence😉

I P Knightley
9 hours ago, Barack said:

Screenshot_20200108-005956_Twitter.jpg

I wonder what Garrett Graff looks like for that to be the best photo he can put up for his Twitter profile.

Reports now that Iran are refusing to hand over the black box recorder from that flight to Boeing.

If that's the case they've clearly got something to hide.

The Internet

Ukraine embassy in Iran had a statement saying the crash was caused by a malfunction but that's now been retracted. Have to think it's been shot down, way too much of a coincidence. 

AlphonseCapone

A modern aircraft with several back-up engines has crashed in what is a ridiculously rare event, at what just happens to be the same time and in the same place that missiles and military aircraft were kicking about? 

Sounds plausible. 

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

A modern aircraft with several back-up engines has crashed in what is a ridiculously rare event, at what just happens to be the same time and in the same place that missiles and military aircraft were kicking about? 

Sounds plausible. 

Indeed. I'd be surprised if it wasn't shot down.

1 hour ago, Jee said:

Reports now that Iran are refusing to hand over the black box recorder from that flight to Boeing.

If that's the case they've clearly got something to hide.

Not trusting Boeing would be understandable. Given their responsibility for recent crashes. 

But there are clear procedures for all these things which will be followed by Iran. 

The bomb attacks happened around 22.30pm last night. The aircraft crashed at 02.44am this morning. 

Edited by Mikey1874

25 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Makes me wonder if the Americans shot it down--mistaking it as part of another wave of missiles. ****.

If it was a missile, I'm surprised the remains of it have not already been shown on Iranian TV.

Ibrahim Tall
43 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Makes me wonder if the Americans shot it down--mistaking it as part of another wave of missiles. ****.

If the “great Satan” has shot down a passenger jet over Tehran full of Iranians and Canadians I seriously down Iran would be covering it up. If anything they’d be telling everyone who would listen.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

On 07/01/2020 at 09:52, jack D and coke said:

It’s hard to get inside the heads of a people like the Iranian’s. The amount of them at a military mans funeral is truly mind boggling. Human’s could be the dumbest beings on this earth without a doubt. 
Worshipping a ****ing madman. How do you deal with that? 

50 died + 230 injured in a stampede at Soleimani's funeral  :o 

https://www.rt.com/news/477633-soleimani-stampede-killed-iran-funeral/

Edited by Ray Gin

3fingersreid
5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.c86a51d2f60fa82b6074a74c3a0941fd.png

All is well though, guys. All is ****ing well. *****.

The most powerful and well equipped military. Yet despite Iraq being warned by Iran they were going to do the bombing , the above military weren’t ready with defensive weapons to blow up the incoming missiles? 
Or did they allow them to reach their targets so the retaliation can be seen to be done and it starts to deescalate the situation?

Could Iran be genuinely worried that they are indeed dealing with a complete and utter cretin and hope this will appease their nation ? 

A former General was interviewed last night and contradicted the most powerful and well equipped military, He stated that the military was sadly depleted as a result of twenty years of war, he concedes that a large budget has been authorised to reequip and arm, but that does not happen overnight, the designing, planning, producing testing and training in new weaponry is also time consuming, so another Trump exaggeration.

A wee bit different but still Trump proof of insanity. Talking to the Greek Prime Minister, he commented that there were Greeks in USA. The PM agreed saying three million. Trump says I know some of them, then turned his phoney haired head and said I know them all. Three million people.

14 hours ago, redjambo said:

So what did they face during the Arab-Israeli war in 1948? I don't think the Arab aim was just to tweak their nose.

The '48 war was a civil war over Palestine, not an invasion of Israel. Even the strongest Arab force (the Jordanians) held back at the newly created Israeli border.

The Israelis however, continued their ethnic cleansing policy and ironically, wiped half the Palestinians off their map, starting off the Nakba. For another thread.

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

A former General was interviewed last night and contradicted the most powerful and well equipped military, He stated that the military was sadly depleted as a result of twenty years of war, he concedes that a large budget has been authorised to reequip and arm, but that does not happen overnight, the designing, planning, producing testing and training in new weaponry is also time consuming, so another Trump exaggeration.

A wee bit different but still Trump proof of insanity. Talking to the Greek Prime Minister, he commented that there were Greeks in USA. The PM agreed saying three million. Trump says I know some of them, then turned his phoney haired head and said I know them all. Three million people.

They can claim to be the most powerful and best equipped military all they want.

They, the USA would be lucky to scrape into the top 10 of the most professional and well trained military. That is where they always fall down.

As I said I was out in the Persian Gulf onboard Hms Andromeda in 1987. We had just done 45 days at sea on patrol and had a 5 day visit to Dubai. Day 3 of that 5 day visit and the ship's company are recalled and we have to put to sea again. The reason. The trigger happy USN had decided to flatten an Iranian oil platform. The reason as to why still escapes me to this day. Needless to say it was not the Iranians or Iraq's that we were pissed off with the most but the dumbass yanks. Ronald Reagan was the president in the Whitehouse at the time.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

The most powerful and well equipped military. Yet despite Iraq being warned by Iran they were going to do the bombing , the above military weren’t ready with defensive weapons to blow up the incoming missiles? 
Or did they allow them to reach their targets so the retaliation can be seen to be done and it starts to deescalate the situation?

Could Iran be genuinely worried that they are indeed dealing with a complete and utter cretin and hope this will appease their nation ? 

Thinking the same thing.

2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

If the “great Satan” has shot down a passenger jet over Tehran full of Iranians and Canadians I seriously down Iran would be covering it up. If anything they’d be telling everyone who would listen.

Exactly, we'd have already seen all the parts of the missile displayed on a table, especially the part that said 'Made in USA'.

Which leaves just what did bring the plane down?

Iranian missile or anti-aircraft guns.

Hit a drone.

Mechanical failure.

Boeing will be praying it wasn't mechanical failure, it would be the last thing Boeing need for a 3 year old 737-800 dropping out of the sky, they have enough problems with the 737 Max & the ongoing problems with the 787, they don't need anymore problems.

The Ukrainian 737-800 series had it's scheduled aviation MOT equivalent 2 days ago, mechanics involved will be bricking it.

So President Trump sitting in his air raid sheltered official home pleasantly tweets the missiles didn't harm any Americans all is well. Is he speaking for the wives and families who know their loved one is stationed at that air base, and was there when the missiles were flying. Reports of casualties but no reports of whom they are and there nationality. Trump has never been exposed to such stress, the fear that your loved one may be dead or injured in such an attack, and he is too busy to come out and speak to the people, reassure them, but he has time to send an inane tweet. Mr Trump a true leader has compassion, feeling and true loyalty to the brave personnel who serve their country. With your well known past of deliberately avoiding active service you have no idea how those and their families who do feel. I will be respectful to your office and tell you that you are not a man who is easy to like, and worse to respect.

Watched his statement on Iran, America has the most powerful military, America is the greatest producer of oil and is energy independent, he will impose sanctions on Iran, and the answer we were all waiting for ,seemingly the whole thing is Obamas fault.

Ibrahim Tall
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Letter War.jpg

The last point isn’t really true though, ‘problems’ didn’t exactly start with the invasion of Iraq. It didn’t help things but nations and groups quite happily killed each other in the ME for an eternity before then.

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

They can claim to be the most powerful and best equipped military all they want.

They, the USA would be lucky to scrape into the top 10 of the most professional and well trained military. That is where they always fall down.

As I said I was out in the Persian Gulf onboard Hms Andromeda in 1987. We had just done 45 days at sea on patrol and had a 5 day visit to Dubai. Day 3 of that 5 day visit and the ship's company are recalled and we have to put to sea again. The reason. The trigger happy USN had decided to flatten an Iranian oil platform. The reason as to why still escapes me to this day. Needless to say it was not the Iranians or Iraq's that we were pissed off with the most but the dumbass yanks. Ronald Reagan was the president in the Whitehouse at the time.

Hi John. What branch were you pal? 

2 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

The Ukrainian 737-800 series had it's scheduled aviation MOT equivalent 2 days ago, mechanics involved will be bricking it.

We've all had things go wrong just after a service.

But this is bad. 

John Findlay
23 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Hi John. What branch were you pal? 

Communications. Radio Operator(Tactical). Commonly referred to as a bunting tosser or flag waver😂

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, bobsharp said:

So President Trump sitting in his air raid sheltered official home pleasantly tweets the missiles didn't harm any Americans all is well. Is he speaking for the wives and families who know their loved one is stationed at that air base, and was there when the missiles were flying. Reports of casualties but no reports of whom they are and there nationality. Trump has never been exposed to such stress, the fear that your loved one may be dead or injured in such an attack, and he is too busy to come out and speak to the people, reassure them, but he has time to send an inane tweet. Mr Trump a true leader has compassion, feeling and true loyalty to the brave personnel who serve their country. With your well known past of deliberately avoiding active service you have no idea how those and their families who do feel. I will be respectful to your office and tell you that you are not a man who is easy to like, and worse to respect.

Everyone knows he has done this to deflect from the glowing clamour over his tax returns (still refusing to provide them for security) and the ratcheting up of evidence surrounding his links to Russian money via Deutchse Bank.  From a UK perspective , our PM says he's not bothered about the legality of Trump's behaviour - but he's happy to have the safety of the UK and that of its armed forces put at risk. 

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, redjambo said:

Before or after the crash?

:lol:

That really shouldn't be funny.

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The thing is you get the feeling he had never heard of hypersonic weapons until the reports this week of Russia announcing them.The American military might not even have them (unlikely) but he just can't help himself boasting.

27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Communications. Radio Operator(Tactical). Commonly referred to as a bunting tosser or flag waver😂

An RO, did you train at Mercury? Was it supposed to be haunted?

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

An RO, did you train at Mercury? Was it supposed to be haunted?

Trained at Mercury from Oct 79- Apr 80.

It was rumoured that Eagle block where you did voice training, flashing light using Morse code training and housed both fleetwork trainers, was haunted. I personally never saw any ghosts.

Went up there  for a look two years ago and was very saddened to see that it was all gone. Had great memories of the place. 

Edited by John Findlay

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Trained at Mercury from Oct 79- Apr 80.

It was rumoured that Eagle block where you did voice training, flashing light using Morse code training and housed both fleetwork trainers, was haunted. I personally never saw any ghosts.

Went up there  for a look two years ago and was very saddened to see that it was all gone. Had great memories of the place. 

I heard a few stories about the Duty PO seeing a few things but just stories. Did you do your full 22?

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I heard a few stories about the Duty PO seeing a few things but just stories. Did you do your full 22?

No mate. Did 11 years. 79-90.

No mate. Did 11 years. 79-90.

Heard it was good times then. I've got 2 years to go to 22. 

John Findlay
Just now, Class of 75 said:

Heard it was good times then. I've got 2 years to go to 22. 

Stick it out. Was a different navy then. 

My daughter's partner just got back from the Gulf on the Kent just before Christmas. My daughter is a teacher in Portsmouth and lives in Waterlooville.

Stick it out. Was a different navy then. 

My daughter's partner just got back from the Gulf on the Kent just before Christmas. My daughter is a teacher in Portsmouth and lives in Waterlooville.

Yep a couple of mates of mine who have just left said that. Good time to get back. I won't tell you my branch, you might not want to talk to me again😂

John Findlay
Just now, Class of 75 said:

Yep a couple of mates of mine who have just left said that. Good time to get back. I won't tell you my branch, you might not want to talk to me again😂

That means your in what they call the logistics branch nowadays 😂

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That means your in what they call the logistics branch nowadays 😂

Close, more to the right😂