Sportscene.

Harry Potter

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Nothing wrong with sportscene, infact I like it, even though I rarely watch it because I've already seen the goals online.

I'm here but the highlights are far too short now. 

They missed out a lot last week in our game. 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethan Hunt

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It’s average. It’s no more or less average than all highlights shows have ever been. So don’t give me the “I remember when...” stuff. They were always shite! 😀

Used be longer. 

Games used to be at least ten minutes. 

My biggest gripe now. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It’s average. It’s no more or less average than all Scottish highlights shows have ever been. So don’t give me the “I remember when...” stuff. They were always shite! 😀

I used to love Sportscene and Scotsport, over 20 mins of highlights of the main game. One presenter and no pundits.

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I used to love Sportscene and Scotsport, over 20 mins of highlights of the main game. One presenter and no pundits.

...so more of Celtic and Rangers. Just longer.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I used to love Sportscene and Scotsport, over 20 mins of highlights of the Celtic or Rangers game. One presenter and no pundits.

FTFY.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

...so more of Celtic and Rangers. Just longer.

Well yeah but it didn't matter as they got gubbed far more frequently.

Thought Police
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Remove post for calling Mikey Stewart a clown. Thought police. 

You rang?

Big Slim Stylee
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well yeah but it didn't matter as they got gubbed far more frequently.

Watching Montfort on a Sunday they always seemed so depressed. It was followed by that weird bloke with the talking lamp which came as a relief.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Watching Montfort on a Sunday they always seemed so depressed. It was followed by that weird bloke with the talking lamp which came as a relief.

Sundays did drag a bit in the pre on-demand TV days. Used to just wait for Scotsport to be on basically!

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sundays did drag a bit in the pre on-demand TV days. Used to just wait for Scotsport to be on basically!

Terrible viewing options. 😀

I know I’m a traitor but I’ve always liked MOTD. It went through a terrible period but it’s a good watch now. Even Shearer has got serious about his job.

It shouldn’t be that difficult for Sportscene to find an anchor that doesn’t make your anal glands squeeze in embarrassment and better pundits than an increasingly bug-eyed Stewart plus the other one.

Its not a conspiracy, they just can’t be arsed. It stinks of “we have no budget so here you go.” 

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

Lord Beni of Gorgie

St Johnstone got to take back a free kick they had wasted which changed the dynamic leading to their pen. 

Shit happens both ways 

2 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Glen Michaels cavalcade.the lamp was paladin😂

Edited by Blackshades

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I know it was quite a common thing for hearts fans to “prefer” those hun tramps over Celtic in the past(I include myself incidentally) but I can honestly say I totally despise those Scotland hating wankers. 
**** Rangers.

Agreed. This is exactly how I feel now

11 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

If you drank a shot every time Stewart says ‘look’, how long before you were paralytic? 

Tried a similar game whilst he was on the radio. A shot everytime he clears his throat; I was chewing my trainers after 6 minutes.....

10 hours ago, Barasa said:

Looked very much like a St J throw to me. Which makes it all the more pleasing. 

The St J player kicked the ball out.  It may or may not have taken a touch off the Hearts player.  It was not worthy of the debate given to it.  There was time given to this non event and absolutely no mention of the very very dubious penalty.  

Edited by TexasAndy

36 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

The St J player kicked the ball out.  It may or may not have taken a touch off the Hearts player.  It was not worthy of the debate given to it.  There was time given to this non event and absolutely no mention of the very very dubious penalty.  

Covered it because Tommy Wright complained about it. 

If Stendel had made a big deal about the penalty they might have looked at it though lack of cameras made that hard to see clearly. 

Edited by Mikey1874

SectionDJambo
10 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

At least Arthur Montford didn't try to be controversial just for the hell of it. These clowns of today would do well to copy the respectful reporting of Arthur and his pal Bob Crampsey. Knowledgeable and fair.

12 hours ago, Prof said:

Gave up on Sportscene a long time ago. 

I would too Prof but I now try bypass all the talk and just watch the wee bit football that's there.

To compare with how things were more than half a century ago, compare the camera angle, camera work, commentary (they actually pick out players by name and occasionally mention options (somebody's outside him), and crowd noise from England v Scotland in 1967.

I know it's not a fair comparison because this is a recording of the whole game, not highlights, but just dip into this game at any point and, in spite of the poor picture quality you get much more of a sense of being at the game than the more distant, widescreen, commentary added after the match, rubbish we get in Sportscene (in my opinion). 

I'm not some kind of anti-progress Luddite, but I know what I'd rather watch.

Big Slim Stylee
11 hours ago, Blackshades said:

That’s the boy😀 ****ing weird it was.

...a bit disco
27 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Sportscene doesn’t even come on my radar now - get my highlights from the YouTube channel which are often a bit longer and different.

Me too.

Tend to find any highlights on Twitter though.

16 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sutherland hinted they were, Stewart and Thompson said it was 50/50 and was a decision that could have gone one way or the other. Sutherland must be the most unprofessional presenter of any programme on tv. 

Sutherland is a really dislikeable character, always against us, trying to get the others to agree to something negative about us with his smarmy, sneaky, questions/manner.

59 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

To compare with how things were more than half a century ago, compare the camera angle, camera work, commentary (they actually pick out players by name and occasionally mention options (somebody's outside him), and crowd noise from England v Scotland in 1967.

I know it's not a fair comparison because this is a recording of the whole game, not highlights, but just dip into this game at any point and, in spite of the poor picture quality you get much more of a sense of being at the game than the more distant, widescreen, commentary added after the match, rubbish we get in Sportscene (in my opinion). 

Couldn't agree more. The post match studio dubbed commentary does my tits in.

The internet has made Sportscene irrelevant 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, davieholt said:

Couldn't agree more. The post match studio dubbed commentary does my tits in.

The internet has made Sportscene irrelevant 

That is proper pish I hate that myself. 
Tinpot show. 

13 hours ago, Blackshades said:

Sure it wasn’t Aladdin? As in rubbing the lamp. Not sure paladin was correct but I could be wrong. 

Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

Sure it wasn’t Aladdin? As in rubbing the lamp. Not sure paladin was correct but I could be wrong. 

No definitely paladin. 

Sutherland is just a wee slimey jobby....best flushed away roon the u bend

as for MS and "thomo".... what a pair of utter helmets !  actually a helmet is useful, that pair are not !

Like to see them giggle in Uche's face.....  stained chino's, or slimers in the loafers with no socks on....  

i put the above in the Uche's best bits thread...works well enough here too !

:jjockio:

5 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I loved it when the world cup was on in Mexico. The commentary and picture were magic!

5 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Sutherland is a really dislikeable character, always against us, trying to get the others to agree to something negative about us with his smarmy, sneaky, questions/manner.

This is what I don't get. They should be pulling for every team in the league.

N Lincs Jambo
7 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Cheers for sharing that. I've never actually seen that game in full before. Much slower, lots of skill but loads of individual errors too. England effectively playing for 75 minutes with 10 after Jack Charlton's injury and that being in the days before substitutes allowed so he had to play on. Law and Charlton (Bobby) the two best players on the pitch. Willie Wallace also had an excellent game. Slim Jim excelled at taking the piss 2nd half especially :)

1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Cheers for sharing that. I've never actually seen that game in full before. Much slower, lots of skill but loads of individual errors too. England effectively playing for 75 minutes with 10 after Jack Charlton's injury and that being in the days before substitutes allowed so he had to play on. Law and Charlton (Bobby) the two best players on the pitch. Willie Wallace also had an excellent game. Slim Jim excelled at taking the piss 2nd half especially :)

Glad you liked it. A true classic.

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Glad you liked it. A true classic.

I certainly did and again many thanks for sharing. If I’m not mistaken the commentator was the legendary Brian Moore with Billy Wright as co-commentator. Back then they would have to show some degree of impartiality as the game was broadcast live to the whole of the UK.

7 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

It was Paladin, with only 1 "d" to avoid copyright issues with Aladdin.

The White Cockade
40 minutes ago, andythejambo said:

It was Paladin, with only 1 "d" to avoid copyright issues with Aladdin.

I’m sure Glenn Michael was a Director if Ayr United 

Always watched Cartoon Cavalcade on a Sunday

It should have been ten
13 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I’m sure Glenn Michael was a Director if Ayr United 

Always watched Cartoon Cavalcade on a Sunday

Class programme :thumb:

5 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Much slower?.I thought in comparison it was end to end lightning fast to todays game. No tactics or proper shape. Just pure unadulterated football. Good to see

12 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I certainly did and again many thanks for sharing. If I’m not mistaken the commentator was the legendary Brian Moore with Billy Wright as co-commentator. Back then they would have to show some degree of impartiality as the game was broadcast live to the whole of the UK.

Not sure who commentator was. Actually not broadcast live - the whole game was shown on TV the following day. In those days, in Scotland we got Scotland v England live when at Hampden, in England they got the FA cup final every year. Other than that, there was very little live football on TV. From 1969 onwards, the Wembley matches were on live TV. Scottish Cup final was first broadcast live in the late 70s.

Just now, 4marsbars said:

Not sure who commentator was. Actually not broadcast live - the whole game was shown on TV the following day. In those days, in Scotland we got Scotland v England live when at Hampden, in England they got the FA cup final every year. Other than that, there was very little live football on TV. From 1969 onwards, the Wembley matches were on live TV. Scottish Cup final was first broadcast live in the late 70s.

I seem to recall the SC Finals live in the early to mid 70’s, no ?

I was at the 76 Final so can’t comment on that but sure I watched earlier Finals live on the box.

48 minutes ago, Boab said:

I was at the 76 Final so can’t comment on that but sure I watched earlier Finals live on the box.

First live Scottish Cup final of 'modern' era was 1977.

Andy Lynch penalty for Celtic beat Rangers 1-0. Dire match. 

54 minutes ago, Boab said:

I was pretty sure the first one televised was 1978 (Rangers beat Aberdeen). But now I see Mikey's comment above. I don't remember that. And I was wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_Scottish_Cup_Final

Edited by 4marsbars