Spiers on Stendel

jambovambo

PhoenixHearts

So I've went and made Daniel Stendel on my Fifa manager career mode. (Okay, it looks more like a mutated James Woods)

Anyway, I was struggling to find that perfect unkempt look, so rest assured I've already put it to Spiers to see what he thinks I should do.....

(Had to throw in a Wattie option too, just in case our new German friend finds the local punk scene to his liking)

Screenshot_20191212-231046_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20191212-231731_Instagram.jpg

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• EIEIO

• sadj

• JFK-1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

What exactly have Hearts done to the Scottish media that warrants this constant negative press from all sides?

I just don't get it. If Hibs, St Mirren, Motherwell etc had appointed the same guy the press would be welcoming and enthusiastic IMO

At age of 72, it has always been the case.

Ricardo Quaresma
On 11/12/2019 at 13:40, sadj said:

Incredibly well spoken and articulate also

No he isn't, he's a faker with quite a small vocabulary

Do you mean 'in relation to an 11 year old'

:rofl:

I have it on good authority from an ex-LibDem MP that Speirs has a large plook  on his left buttock.

Disgraceful!  PS  Knicker/Yfront twisters, this is not a political post, simply the type of disfigurement that The Herald should not allow on their staff.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
12 hours ago, Super_Hans said:

"Judging by the pre-planned squeals the media monkeys are making, Hearts has hit the point with the move."
"I believe that with only one competitive win in 15 games, only fools and idiots would not raise questions and suspicions."

Mr Romanov bang on the cash with regards to the Scottish media. Poetic.

That was just about the only good thing about the mad ones attitude when he was here. He knew straight away the media here were and are against hearts. 

He called them out on it and they they never dared to say anything back because he was pretty much a gangster who clawed his way out from the bleak soviet bloc.

Anyway **** em..the media will always criticise hearts because of sheer jealousy about us as a club, our stadium, our history, our beautiful city and our position as the biggest most successful team in that beautiful city. 

21 hours ago, tynewater said:

Spiers is a good and fair journalist. He's giving his opinion, his first impression of DS. You don't have to agree with him, any sane person knows only time will tell whether DS is a success or not. As a relatively inexperienced manager, taking over a failing team in a league he has no experience of, there are plenty of potential problems for him. Spiers clearly wasn't overly impressed by his first exposure to DS, fair enough. Hopefully DS can convince all of those who have some doubts about his appointment that he is indeed the right man for the job.

"Dishevelled"

16 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

So I've went and made Daniel Stendel on my Fifa manager career mode. (Okay, it looks more like a mutated James Woods)

Anyway, I was struggling to find that perfect unkempt look, so rest assured I've already put it to Spiers to see what he thinks I should do.....

(Had to throw in a Wattie option too, just in case our new German friend finds the local punk scene to his liking)

Screenshot_20191212-231046_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20191212-231731_Instagram.jpg

Some of them have a messi look about them.

Ainsley Harriott

Quick peek on weirdos.net and they prefer Jack Ross as he looks the part and stendel is scruffy. Apparently Jack Toss also knows how to play football the Hibernian way 😂😂😂😂

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Quick peek on weirdos.net and they prefer Jack Ross as he looks the part and stendel is scruffy. Apparently Jack Toss also knows how to play football the Hibernian way 😂😂😂😂

The massive irony is that Ross was plucked from obscurity and learned his trade under every Hibs fan's favourite nemesis when it comes to football style: Mr Levein himself.

Ross sat next to Levein in the stand for many, many games getting schooled in the "dark arts" if we believe some folks' take on Levein's football philosophy. There's something beautiful about a Levein prodigy managing Hibs.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Sportsound, namely Dodds, Hartson and a female player I don't know are all having a giggle at DS proposing the high press game. The usual cliched nonsense of he doesnt know Scottish football, but Ross does. Hartson questioning why DS wont use Craig Levien for advice. All admit to 'sniggering' while listening to the press conference. Morons. 

Tennant's  6's

I switched it off. Parochial in the extreme. Do some f'n research before questioning everything...

Tin pot programme for a tin pot setup. If Tom English or Gordon Waddel aren't on, then its morons like hartson, dodds etc..

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Sportsound, namely Dodds, Hartson and a female player I don't know are all having a giggle at DS proposing the high press game. The usual cliched nonsense of he doesnt know Scottish football, but Ross does. Hartson questioning why DS wont use Craig Levien for advice. All admit to 'sniggering' while listening to the press conference. Morons. 

Pathetic. Schoolboy/girl stuff.

I'm not a big statement fan but if this continues we have a case for putting something out saying we're disappointed at the personalised criticism of Levein, McPhee and now Stendel and we hope that the media will stick to facts and football. Basically saying what Michael O'Neill said on air about how Scottish pundits are focusing far too much on personal stuff.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The massive irony is that Ross was plucked from obscurity and learned his trade under every Hibs fan's favourite nemesis when it comes to football style: Mr Levein himself.

Ross sat next to Levein in the stand for many, many games getting schooled in the "dark arts" if we believe some folks' take on Levein's football philosophy. There's something beautiful about a Levein prodigy managing Hibs.

Yip. 

Hopefully Ross doesn't do as well as CL tho first time round. 

10 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

The Cathro treatment, only this time Stendel has already proven he can do it and that players will buy into his methods and personality. No reason it can't work at Hearts and in Scotland when we've already seen that sort of thing work when we thumped Celtic 4-0 a couple of years ago. Could be a similar scoreline come Wednesday, especially if the pitch is tearing up a little again :D

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

Hopefully Ross doesn't do as well as CL tho first time round. 

Luckily Ross wasn't with us when Levein was masterminding great derby wins to learn how to do that.

16 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Leanne Crichton Scotland international 

Thought Police

How difficult would it be to get Barry Anderson or Joel Sked on, who’ve done their research, spoken to people at Barnsley, and written articles on how he’s fitting into Hearts?

Geoff Kilpatrick
20 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

How difficult would it be to get Barry Anderson or Joel Sked on, who’ve done their research, spoken to people at Barnsley, and written articles on how he’s fitting into Hearts?

Joel Sked? The guy who can barely speak properly on The Terrace podcast?

Heart's supporters can slag off our own at every opportunity whether deserved or not and outsiders aren't allowed to have a pop  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It should actually be the opposite way around, when we're struggling we circle the wagons and unite, that's what a good real support does. 

Criticising outsiders is the least of our worries, the enemy lies within.

21 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

No he isn't, he's a faker with quite a small vocabulary

Do you mean 'in relation to an 11 year old'

:rofl:

having worked with the guy thats my opinion 

49 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

to be fair there might be a rights issue to resolve to get Sked on 

28 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Bit harsh , and also doesnt detract from his Ability  to offer a good and researched position on any panel. He knows more about scottiah football than you for certain

Guest ToqueJambo
54 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

It would indeed make sense to get the local Hearts "beat" reporter on the line. The Glesga meeja just don't think that way though.

Guest ToqueJambo
42 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He's one of the better ones on the Terrace TV show. Very decent pundit - deserves a wider audience but, you know, not one of "the boys" probably. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Thought Police
41 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Can offer more insight than Billy ******* Dodds

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Bit harsh , and also doesnt detract from his Ability  to offer a good and researched position on any panel. He knows more about scottiah football than you for certain

Maybe but I'm not performing on a radio show either.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's one of the better ones on the Terrace TV show. Very decent pundit - deserves a wider audience but, you know, not one of "the boys" probably. Needs to learn what a clickbait headline is though going by his Twitter feed, but maybe all young journalists think those are just normal headlines these days.

I'll take your word for it. I listen to the podcast because it has a better range of coverage than Sportsound which spends its time with Kenny McIntyre trying to stir shit. I've no interest in ever watching a TV show of them though.

I actually thought it was quite disgraceful the way they were going on.

They also only pick parts of what was said by Stendel in order to make a derogatory point. 

Hartson said he didn't understand why he won't talk to Levein for advice when Stendel had clearly stated that it was far to busy a time for chit chat and that he would sit down with Craig in January. 

I really really hope we ram it up them all tomorrow afternoon. 

Edited by jambogemz

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Leanne Crichton Scotland international 

She is the female on the Friday night football on bbc scotland with Thomson. She has a cheek sniggering at anybody she is f ******g clueless

Edited by scabber

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just turn it off lads..  Stop listening

I quite enjoy listening to it and having a good fume. Shouting expletives at Gordon, Miller, Dodds, Bonnar, Preston, sideways Fergie, and, especially, Chick is quite cathartic. Gets it out the system. 

We all have to pay for it anyway so we might as well get our money's worth. :)

Spiers now claiming the appointment is “troubling”. Trying to be controversial for attention. 

Best ignored.

The media covering Scottish football are generally depressing and have old firm agendas which is exactly why View From The Terrace is so good. 

Just now, Whatever said:

We all don’t.

:kirk:

Dodged it in my student days. You were a laughing stock if you didn't. 

Just now, Mort said:

Spiers now claiming the appointment is “troubling”. Trying to be controversial for attention. 

Best ignored.

The media covering Scottish football are generally depressing and have old firm agendas which is exactly why View From The Terrace is so good. 

Only started watching VFTT recently and it's good. Modern, sharp, funny and Hearts friendly.

Everything Sportsound isn't. 

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Coming from a guy who has spent nearly two decades on a forum without ever developing a personality for themselves.

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Better informed than Hartson, Ferguson,  Miller, McCall x2 though by a ****ing mile.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just turn it off lads..  Stop listening

Better still, don't turn it on in the first place.