Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• Coburg Hearts

• BackOfTheNet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think it's meant to read that his contract runs until the end of this season.

Yeah, but they seem to be implying that they sacked him for breach of contract and yet also somehow his contract is still valid and we owe them compensation. 

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Think one thing for certain is Stendel will not be going to Barnsley to sign any ex-players!

Think the board sold his favourites anyways

8 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Yeah, but they seem to be implying that they sacked him for breach of contract and yet also somehow his contract is still valid and we owe them compensation. 

thats how it sounded to me we sacked him as he breached his contract but we didn't really so now we want compensation and big bad hearts wont give us it so we are going to sue them 5tenda1 and anyone else so our fans like us

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Think the board sold his favourites anyways

True. I know we only apparently wanted one of his assistants but after this I say let’s just get them both in. Let’s really get it up their Chairman and his ludicrous sense of entitlement.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Don’t believe for one minute that stendel was talking to another championship club. Smacks of the owners trying to turn the fans against him .

The whole radio interview sounded as if it might be impossible to "balance the budget" because of the fees required to sign the new manager from Australia who they have "been interested in for some time."  So, any way of getting is cash would be welcome.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

True. I know we only apparently wanted one of his assistants but after this I saw let’s just get them both in. Let’s really get it up their Chairman abs his ludicrous sense of entitlement.

Lets not get their PR team though , 5tenda1 and his assistants and maybe the CEO’s PA just to piss him off

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Don’t believe for one minute that stendel was talking to another championship club. Smacks of the owners trying to turn the fans against him .

They signed players that he didn't want

So wouldn't be suprised if he was. It's not an uncommon scenario when you have cr@p chairman. Their own fault

3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Agree

Would a guy that snakey really go and drink with the fans in a local?

Really feel for Barnsleys fans and staff here... their owner is clearly a next tuesday

Edited by Jeff

7 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

The whole radio interview sounded as if it might be impossible to "balance the budget" because of the fees required to sign the new manager from Australia who they have "been interested in for some time."  So, any way of getting is cash would be welcome.

Those pesky air fares from Australia can be expensive you know

From Austria not so much

7 minutes ago, mre said:

A Barnsley supporting mate told me weeks ago that he had been talking to Huddersfield and had accidentally messaged the wrong person and got found out.

Tell your mate to stop talking to Huddersfield then?

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, mre said:

A Barnsley supporting mate told me weeks ago that he had been talking to Huddersfield and had accidentally messaged the wrong person and got found out.

Very interesting. If so that only makes this appointment more exciting, Huddersfield are a very well run club and very shrewd 

11 minutes ago, mre said:

But the Barnsley CEO couldn't have been too upset by Stendel's actions as he chose to keep paying him after he removed him as manager

:conspiracy:

Coburg Hearts

Another view from a Barnsley fan.

Two ways you can look at this , firstly Daniel was contracted to Barnsley FC and expected to keep his mind on the job in hand , any communication with another club should have been done using the proper procedures in place .

However let's be clear here , this was an HC who clearly loved this town and club , a bloke who integrated with us like no other , even more remarkable given he's German .

He had his team play exciting , attacking football and was successful with it .

He asked to be backed with experience , he was ignored and his time with us in the championship proved he was right and he's still right today and he will be right next May too .

The owners pushed his buttons not Huddersfield Town and Daniel wouldn't have given a shiny shyte about the job if the owners had backed him here .

Don't try to make Daniel the bad guy you arrogant piece of shyte Conway .

You and you alone pushed him away , take your share of the responsibility .

Go fuq yourself .

45 minutes ago, mre said:

I think money that huddersfield have I doubt they would need to to dirty to get Barnsleys manager.

Loose change for them in compo from cash accrued from time in premiership surely

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

I can't see it actually getting to court. It will probably be settled for a face saving 'undisclosed sum'. The closer to £1 Hearts' lawyers can get that sum, the better.

You mean Barnsley pay Hearts money. 

Why would Hearts pay anything? 

5 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Bollocks.  Two faced, back stabbing, grassing, racists

Chips and gravy. Yorkshire pud. Shortening the to t'. What's not to love?

willie wallace
3 hours ago, tcjambo said:

I'll be at their game on Wednesday. My feeling from working down here is that the lawyers in Yorkshire are garbage compared to those in Edinburgh though.

So what time on Thursday can we expect the full authentic version of what had happened

Don't let us down👍

FWIW here is my take on the situation.

DS was apparently fired for a breach of discipline by talking to another club.   (If that's correct) Fired means fired as opposed to receiving a serious warning.  Following that there may arise a question of whether compensation is due in either direction but, notwithstanding, that is matter between DS and Barnsley.

At the point Barnsley fired him, they have relinquished their hold over him as HC and that is further emphasised when they appoint a new HC.  If HMFC enter the fray after this point there is little or no chance they have a case against us.  Any (tenuous) case they may have would be against DS personally but if he has any evidence of dismissal, that case too looks like pie in the sky.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This is a club living in the shadows of Yorkshire giants falling miserably behind trying to act Billy Big baws

Sounds like the delay was all about AB taking steps to make sure that HMFC was legally watertight in signing him. Good on AB.

Edited by upgotheheads

36 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Fair play to that chairman 

Lot of rubbish but he's quite convincing 

Couldn't be any less convincing. Long pauses. Repeating the same sentence. The guy is at it.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

This is a club living in the shadows of Yorkshire giants falling miserably behind trying to act Billy Big baws

Feel sorry for the Barnsley fans , they seem a decent bunch and their club seems a community hub much the same as ours . 

This Conway guy seems to be really trying to stick it to Stendel more so than getting compensation. That's probably going to go against him if it gets to the courts. 

My take on this is, if, assuming Stendel was in breach of his contract in talking to Huddersfield, then Barnsley may well have been within their rights to cancel his contract and sack him without any compensation to Stendel. The fact they appointed another head coach in his place is telling. Any question of compensation for "rights" held is between Stendel and Barnsley.

That said, I confirm I'm not in any way an employment rights lawyer, or any other sort of lawyer.

5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Barnsley co-chairman Paul Conway explains why the club 'separated' from Daniel Stendel. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07xc5zd

Sportsound played a bit of the interview earlier, including this -

Barnsley co-chairman Paul Conway. PC

Radio Sheffield presenter. RSp

PC -‘…but fundamentally he was removed from his position because of the tampering issues, and we still reserve, and do not waive, our underlying rights in his underlying contract.’

RSp- ‘So at the moment he is still a Barnsley employee, just to be clear?’

PC - ‘To be clear, we still have a claim on his rights.’

RSp - ‘What does that mean in English, for lay people like me?’

PC - ‘If another club wants to employ him this season, we have his rights.’

After this, the discussion goes on to talk about Barnsley this season, and the squad, new manager. 

Paul Conway explains why Barnsley focus on younger players. 

I stopped listening at 12 minutes. 

a lot of shite if u ask me. 

11 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Anyway all this shite to one side, where do you reckon the friendly will be in the summer your place or ours 😉😂.

Yours, & you can step aside when we take over your shed.

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Interesting his use of the word rights. In this context it’s a very American use of the word.  Think he would get a shock if his argument was ever exposed to a British court. 

Hearts appear to have nipped in and signed a good coach (hopefully) while two English clubs are arguing the toss.

I'm guessing that he sees us as a stepping stone out of a bad situation, if he does well here and moves on then good luck to him.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

That crossed my mind as well. He should have also been asked to explain what the **** is a locker room.

I think they are hoping (praying) that he splashes the cash in the January window. If he doesn't, they will really start worrying.

As The Fonz would say, happy days.

Basically Barnsley give people contracts then sack them and still want compensation until the time their contracts should have ended.

Stating they want young players on 4 year or longer contracts shows the intention and it has nothing to do with the progression of the club. Players will be sold to make money for the owners with a percentage put back in to develop more youngsters. Players not extending will be sold he said, what if the player refuses to move until the end of his contract.

I know its a model a lot of clubs try but you have to have some sort of advancement in the team and not just sell it every year.

Captain Canada

I thought it was frowned upon for either party to discuss any legal action in the press as it could jeopardise proceedings? 

We are definitely conducting ourselves in the right way. 

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Do you think this Conway prick is confusing us with the Championship team that was apparently tapping DS up?

That will be his excuse when he realises he’s made a tit of himself

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Do you think this Conway prick is confusing us with the Championship team that was apparently tapping DS up?

Others have said he's confused with the USA. 

But maybe more wants to lay down a marker for the future. 

Maybe we could arrange a friendly with Barnsley with the proceeds going to them to stop them moaning.

Looking at the respective league positions it would be an absolute cracker.

24 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Maybe we could arrange a friendly with Barnsley with the proceeds going to them to stop them moaning.

Looking at the respective league positions it would be an absolute cracker.

Wouldn’t give their chairman the steam off my piss. 

45 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

My take on this is, if, assuming Stendel was in breach of his contract in talking to Huddersfield, then Barnsley may well have been within their rights to cancel his contract and sack him without any compensation to Stendel. The fact they appointed another head coach in his place is telling. Any question of compensation for "rights" held is between Stendel and Barnsley.

That said, I confirm I'm not in any way an employment rights lawyer, or any other sort of lawyer.

In Scots Law from what I recall many years ago this could be interpreted under the doctrine of personal bar where their subsequent actions of appointing a coach meant that another club would be free to employ the sacked coach especially from another country. The law is so complex now but I would assume the lawyers will be very confident as reflected in the club statement. From the circumstances you would think a simple test of reasonableness could be applied.