Barnsley

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Third year law student so not an expert but I’ve looked at things like this before. Since it’s basically an employment contract what we’ll be looking to prove is that the way in which Barnsley handled his dismissal etc is unfair. If they were refusing to handle his compensation package and keeping him on gardening leave then it could be argued that they were unfairly damaging his career. Football is results and form based so by dragging out the process they were affecting his future prospects and abusing the employer/employee relationship. Seems like a fairly empty claim, they’re possibly hoping that in order to avoid a protracted process we will settle with them.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• Coburg Hearts

• BackOfTheNet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

At least Barnsley are finally giving a bit more information to their fans.

Subject to it all being lies of course. 

We will keep our information for the court case.

1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

It's good to see us pissing other clubs off again.  Been nice for far too long.

:jjyay:

As long as we aren't being mean to Hibs and Jack Ross. That will not be accepted on here.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, R08813 said:

Third year law student so not an expert but I’ve looked at things like this before. Since it’s basically an employment contract what we’ll be looking to prove is that the way in which Barnsley handled his dismissal etc is unfair. If they were refusing to handle his compensation package and keeping him on gardening leave then it could be argued that they were unfairly damaging his career. Football is results and form based so by dragging out the process they were affecting his future prospects and abusing the employer/employee relationship. Seems like a fairly empty claim, they’re possibly hoping that in order to avoid a protracted process we will settle with them.

👍

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

I see what you almost did there!!   Loose lips.  ;)

Damn you're quick. I edited that in about fifteen seconds!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Wonder who the other Championship club was (if they exist)? If that is the case proves the ambition of this appointment.

Also proves Ewan Murray was quite in the know about this and the complications - also should put to bed some of the abuse our owner has had about this process.

Should...

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Damn you're quick. I edited that in about fifteen seconds!

Mrs Jamstomorrow used to say that a lot too!  Lol

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

Most pleasing thing for me is the confirmation from Barnsley that we have been in discussion with them for 2 months...pours cold water on the suggestions that our club were "delaying", "sleep walking" and all the other comments that pundits and media have thrown at the clubs handling of this recruitment. 2 months also indicates that we were working on this before the dismissal of our previous manager, etc, etc.

Good points.

Most pleasing thing for me is the confirmation from Barnsley that we have been in discussion with them for 2 months...pours cold water on the suggestions that our club were "delaying", "sleep walking" and all the other comments that pundits and media have thrown at the clubs handling of this recruitment. 2 months also indicates that we were working on this before the dismissal of our previous manager, etc, etc.

Yes, should draw apologies to our owner from several of the more regular posters on this forum however I won’t hold my breath. It does appear that she has acted pretty much by the text book in terms of giving existing employees the chance to turn performance around whilst at the same time exploring options for next steps. Only the uncertainty around Stendel and co’s contract situation seems to have slowed it down. Must have been incredibly frustrating. Wonder if any of these supposed interviews actually took place? 

Edited by soonbe110

Okay who has access to a monkey, a typewriter, a Barnsley top and a cowboy hat?

Feck the yank.

(The travelling Barnsley fans on here have been nothing but pleasant though)

Guest ToqueJambo

That'll be why we were communicating by post, wanted to make sure we had everything in writing. The Barnsley guy seemed surprised we were doing that instead of just using the phone to sort things out quickly. That suggests he's a chancer and doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Que the “we should’ve waited to get this sorted” brigade. They used to be the “get this done” brigade 😂

Let's just call them the "moaning, contrarian" brigade and be done with it. That'll cover everything from now on.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Coburg Hearts

One view from a Barnsley forum.

In the end it leaves us with siding with Stendel or with the shower of sh1t known as our owners
We have not heard DS's side of things Probably had to sign a confidentiality agreement
I know where my support lies No-one in club has put their name to statement. I wonder why
Even if true don't player agents do this all the time?

Does it indicate that we were working on this for two months? I don’t see it. I could be picking it up wrong, but the statement claims they had been negotiating a settlement between the club and Stendel and co for two months, and then we came in whilst they were still in discussions.

I feel bad for the Barnsley fans. We know exactly what it’s like to have an owner who does bizarre and frustrating things.

I can’t for a second believe they will get anywhere with a court case though. They’re trying to claim compensation for a manager they relieved of his duties two months ago and hired someone else. They’ll be laughed out of court.

SectionDJambo

I’d be surprised if Hearts didn’t ask the SFA and the FA what their understanding of the situation between Stendel and Barnsley was. 
Hearts seem to have spent considerable time covering this off, in the face of constant criticism from the Scottish football media and more than a few of our own supporters.

When you are dealing with an intransigent person, as the American seems to be, it is very difficult to avoid unfortunate developments.

Still don't see why any of this involves Hearts :laugh:

And would such claims cross borders into a different Football Association? Surely this is a dispute for Stendel, Barnsley and the EFL to resolve. Barnsley would need to explain why they didn't sack him for gross misconduct, instead opting to keep him on the payroll instead. Sort of outcome you'd expect when removed as head coach because of results or a disagreement in direction (I imagine he did as he lost a lot of key players with no replacements over the summer window).

Quite glad Budge announced him on Sat night :D

Coburg Hearts
12 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I feel bad for the Barnsley fans. We know exactly what it’s like to have an owner who does bizarre and frustrating things.

I can’t for a second believe they will get anywhere with a court case though. They’re trying to claim compensation for a manager they relieved of his duties two months ago and hired someone else. They’ll be laughed out of court.

Hibs fans will be lapping this up, until it dawns on them they also have an American owner and the possible implications of it. 

Might give them something to think about....and worry about. 

Hope so. FTH

19 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

The Barnsley fans deserve better than having Conman as their CEO. AB has clearly been trying to negotiate with them which will go down well with the court. Let’s hope it goes to the Court of Session in Edinburgh.

Frank Sidebottom

So despite breaching his contract by speaking to another club and “numerous other issues” they decided to keep him on the payroll out of respect

for his achievements the previous season.

That is complete bollocks. 

I ready don't get it they have said they sacked him.Its pure bitterness from them that they seem to not want the guy to work.Also they wished Tonge well now a week later they want compo for him and another assistant as well.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Stendel takes his own legal action against them. The statement paints him in a pretty poor light, surely defamation of character. 

I’d imagine documents probably say something along the lines of ‘you’re dismissed from your position with immediate effect’, the nonsense of  negotiating a pay off from Barnsley keeping his contract valid is a non-starter if that’s the case. I’m not worried about this. 

10 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Hibs fans will be lapping this up, until it dawns on them they also have an American owner and the possible implications of it. 

Might give them something to think about....and worry about. 

Hope so. FTH

That crossed my mind as well. He should have also been asked to explain what the **** is a locker room.

4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would imagine they'll stop paying stendel now aswell which could see him open proceedings against them 

I thought I read in the article that Barnsley hadn't paid a penny in severence yet and still expected to see him sit out the full term of his contract ... after filling his job. Surely a court would never allow this to go as far as a case for Hearts to answer

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

It didn’t say that.

8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I ready don't get it they have said they sacked him.Its pure bitterness from them that they seem to not want the guy to work.Also they wished Tonge well now a week later they want compo for him and another assistant as well.

Heard Tonge is not joining us .. only Stern

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5

We are aware of the statement released by Barnsley Football Club earlier today in relation to our appointment of Daniel Stendel to the post of First Team Manager.

On behalf of the Board of Directors of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, we would like to reassure our supporters that we have followed all proper procedures in appointing Daniel Stendel. He was not an employee of Barnsley Football Club when we first consulted him and there is no basis on which Heart of Midlothian Football Club is liable to Barnsley Football Club. Misleading reports and statements to the contrary elsewhere are entirely false. Should any claim be commenced against Heart of Midlothian Football Club, it will be defended in the strongest possible terms.

We are looking forward to supporting Daniel in what we hope will be a long and successful tenure at Heart of Midlothian. Given that we consider any threatened claim to be entirely without merit, we do not propose to comment further on this matter.

Brauhauser2012

Hopefully DS will soon have the opportunity to set the record straight now the Barnsley owner has had a shot at him in the press. 

10 minutes ago, kila said:

We are aware of the statement released by Barnsley Football Club earlier today in relation to our appointment of Daniel Stendel to the post of First Team Manager.

On behalf of the Board of Directors of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, we would like to reassure our supporters that we have followed all proper procedures in appointing Daniel Stendel. He was not an employee of Barnsley Football Club when we first consulted him and there is no basis on which Heart of Midlothian Football Club is liable to Barnsley Football Club. Misleading reports and statements to the contrary elsewhere are entirely false. Should any claim be commenced against Heart of Midlothian Football Club, it will be defended in the strongest possible terms.

We are looking forward to supporting Daniel in what we hope will be a long and successful tenure at Heart of Midlothian. Given that we consider any threatened claim to be entirely without merit, we do not propose to comment further on this matter.

Is it wrong to be really enjoying this? 😀

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Is it wrong to be really enjoying this? 😀

Not really it's passing a boring mundane Monday night 😁

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Are they not run by a septic tank?

Did any of your vocabulary make it into the 90's?

Now we know why Ann did everything in writing.

You don't trust negotiations with headbangers like that man to verbal communication.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, kila said:

Good statement which has obviously been based on legal advice.  Let’s hope Barnsley’s legal advice is shite!

Barnsley appear to be jumping the gun a bit too with seeking compensation for one of the assistants who isn’t even meant to be coming here plus they were mouthing off about possible legal action before Stendel was even appointed!  The guy is coming across as a really dislikeable arsehole. 

24 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Stendel takes his own legal action against them. The statement paints him in a pretty poor light, surely defamation of character. 

Unless it is true!

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

As long as we aren't being mean to Hibs and Jack Ross. That will not be accepted on here.

Indeed.

A few on this thread took great offence at the club statement regarding Jack Ross...now they are applauding our firm stance on the Stendel matter. Confused just doesn't do it justice.

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Indeed.

A few on this thread took great offence at the club statement regarding Jack Ross...now they are applauding our firm stance on the Stendel matter. Confused just doesn't do it justice.

It’s a conundrum isn’t it? Not being allowed to discuss moderator actions prevents me from commenting further though.

1 hour ago, Peakybunnet said:

Listen to this rubbish

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07xc5zd

That’s actually hilarious, to me that muppet owner of theirs is basically saying he’s no longer an employee of their club nor is there any contract with them in place but he’s trying to say that they have a claim to his rights.

Hearts’ lawyers are one of the best in the business but its sound like even Jack and Victor from Jarvis, McDade, Osprey, Heights & Craiglang will get this one sorted :rofl:

251A8A54-676B-4DCA-AF24-F25C91F61A10.jpeg

Edited by D4nny_

I can't see it actually getting to court. It will probably be settled for a face saving 'undisclosed sum'. The closer to £1 Hearts' lawyers can get that sum, the better.

13 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Not really it's passing a boring mundane Monday night 😁

I’m loving everything about this to be honest! Rumours that a club who was in the EPL just 7 months ago wanted to hire the guy who’s now our manager, his previous club being really sour about him leaving, the no nonsense from our side... It’s interesting to have a manager that is sought after.

10 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Indeed.

not the same. The statement just released is firm and clear, no hint of any 'bants'.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Jap Jambo said:

not the same. The statement just released is firm and clear, no hint of any 'bants'.

Think you slightly missed my point. I respect your thoughts, though.