Barnsley

Tom Hardy’s Dug

They remind me of us under Romanov. Strange statement and going’s on. Been on their forum with a few talking bout coming up for a game. All very welcome 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• Coburg Hearts

• BackOfTheNet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Do you think this Conway prick is confusing us with the Championship team that was apparently tapping DS up?

The Championship team was Partick :jester:

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Do you think this Conway prick is confusing us with the Championship team that was apparently tapping DS up?

😂 Please, please be true! He's American. This seems very plausible and would explain a lot.

Stendel's FB post (for those who don't use it):

Herewith I want to respond to the statement of FC Barnsley. I experienced the people in Barnsley as honest and straight forward and therefore would like to present my point of view:

I am disappointed to see that the owners of Barnsley Football Club has today chosen to release a statement about my departure from the club, which contains a number of factual inaccuracies.

During my entire time at Barnsley I gave my full commitment, energy and passion for the club and their supporters. I always put the sporting results of Barnsley first and always tried to achieve the very best results that were possible. We had a fantastic last season in League 1, securing promotion to the Championship, playing some very entertaining football. 

The start to this season was very difficult though, with the club being unable to retain several key players from the promotion team and couldn’t replace these experienced players. I always remained committed and accepted all the decisions of the Board during my entire time - including the decision to terminate my contract with immediate effect. At the day of my dismissal I wasn't informed about any detailed reasons. 

The week before my dismissal I asked for an open discussion about the sporting situation with a Board Member, during which none of the reasons that apparently led to my dismissal were raised as complaints. I was always honest and documented strongly that I wanted to continue to work with the team in order to achieve the goals of the club. I was then dismissed after the disappointing defeat to Preston. 

After the termination of my contract, I have made it clear that even then I was open to finding an amicable resolution in order to keep noise away from the team. But the club has refused to speak with me or my agent/my lawyer for nearly two weeks. 

I am very disappointed about the way I have been treated by the owners of the club. I am an honest person and always wanted the best for the club. The people from Barnsley and the fans know that. I always was a fighter on and also next to the pitch and will also now fight for my rights.  I do, however, wish all the players, the supporters , employees and the new manager the very best for the future. Daniel

4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Those pesky air fares from Australia can be expensive you know

Aye, we all make typos.  :rolleyes4:

4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

From Austria not so much

7 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Herewith I want to respond to the statement of FC Barnsley. I experienced the people in Barnsley as honest and straight forward and therefore would like to present my point of view:

I am disappointed to see that the owners of Barnsley Football Club has today chosen to release a statement about my departure from the club, which contains a number of factual inaccuracies.

During my entire time at Barnsley I gave my full commitment, energy and passion for the club and their supporters. I always put the sporting results of Barnsley first and always tried to achieve the very best results that were possible. We had a fantastic last season in League 1, securing promotion to the Championship, playing some very entertaining football. 

The start to this season was very difficult though, with the club being unable to retain several key players from the promotion team and couldn’t replace these experienced players. I always remained committed and accepted all the decisions of the Board during my entire time - including the decision to terminate my contract with immediate effect. At the day of my dismissal I wasn't informed about any detailed reasons. 

The week before my dismissal I asked for an open discussion about the sporting situation with a Board Member, during which none of the reasons that apparently led to my dismissal were raised as complaints. I was always honest and documented strongly that I wanted to continue to work with the team in order to achieve the goals of the club. I was then dismissed after the disappointing defeat to Preston. 

After the termination of my contract, I have made it clear that even then I was open to finding an amicable resolution in order to keep noise away from the team. But the club has refused to speak with me or my agent/my lawyer for nearly two weeks. 

I am very disappointed about the way I have been treated by the owners of the club. I am an honest person and always wanted the best for the club. The people from Barnsley and the fans know that. I always was a fighter on and also next to the pitch and will also now fight for my rights.  I do, however, wish all the players, the supporters , employees and the new manager the very best for the future. Daniel

Is that a real account 😮

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is that a real account 😮

Yeah - well certainly appears to be. He has used it regularly over the last couple of years so could be an interesting and unusual source of updates.

The Future's Maroon
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is that a real account 😮

Amazingly refreshing to see a manager come out on social media to put his own slant on it, no confidentiality clause obviously.

Also great comments from the Barnsley fans.

I joked earlier I can’t see him going back to Barnsley for old players after this, saying that there’s been a few players that left in the summer that may be open for loans?

Adam Davies (GK) is warming the bench at Stoke. Also at Stoke is Liam Lindsay, but he appears to be getting some game time. But not sure why another centre back, Ethan Pinnock, has only played twice for Brentford this season considering they shelled out £3 million for him in the summer. Injuries perhaps?

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I joked earlier I can’t see him going back to Barnsley for old players after this, saying that there’s been a few players that left in the summer that may be open for loans?

Adam Davies (GK) is warming the bench at Stoke. Also at Stoke is Liam Lindsay, but he appears to be getting some game time. But not sure why another centre back, Ethan Pinnock, has only played twice for Brentford this season considering they shelled out £3 million for him in the summer. Injuries perhaps?

Pinnock has been on the bench.

37 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Amazingly refreshing to see a manager come out on social media to put his own slant on it, no confidentiality clause obviously.

Also great comments from the Barnsley fans.

45 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Yeah - well certainly appears to be. He has used it regularly over the last couple of years so could be an interesting and unusual source of updates.

45 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Yes

i haven’t got my facebook switched on , what are the comments like?

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

i haven’t got my facebook switched on , what are the comments like?

100% positive from their fans supporting him, slagging the Barnsley owner and a couple saying they might come up to a game. Plus a few Jamboa telling him to beat Hibs obviously.

46 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Basically backing him and wishing him well. The board gave done their best to sour things with fans but its not happening. 

I am coming down for the Reading game. Is there a good pub for some banter with the fans? i won't be difficult to spot as I will have my Hears top on lol.

4 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Pinnock has been on the bench.

Any idea what kind of wages your guys and other players of similar stature in the championship are on?

21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Any idea what kind of wages your guys and other players of similar stature in the championship are on?

They are beyond Barnsley s budget, over 12k a week but its possible that some deal could be done with Davies on loan as he's getting no game time and doesn't seem to be in anyone's plans there.

6 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Shaun Lawson Stendell

@shaun.lawson

Edited by i8hibsh

38 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

They are beyond Barnsley s budget, over 12k a week but its possible that some deal could be done with Davies on loan as he's getting no game time and doesn't seem to be in anyone's plans there.

:levein_interesting:

9 hours ago, jackal said:

Basically Barnsley give people contracts then sack them and still want compensation until the time their contracts should have ended.

Stating they want young players on 4 year or longer contracts shows the intention and it has nothing to do with the progression of the club. Players will be sold to make money for the owners with a percentage put back in to develop more youngsters. Players not extending will be sold he said, what if the player refuses to move until the end of his contract.

I know its a model a lot of clubs try but you have to have some sort of advancement in the team and not just sell it every year.

Indeed. It is also my firm belief that this is the plan at Hibs too. It all fits:

Ron Gordon comes in and the only money he spends, is the money to buy the club.

He tells the Hibs supporters that their training centre and academy are not up to scratch. This is to be upgraded, and a floating charge is immediately placed over it. 

He contacts the Hibs Supporters fan ownership group and tells them that they will no longer be allowed to buy a majority shareholding in the club. He tells them that they will need to “pony up” to pay for the upgrades to East Mains.

My conclusion - Gordon wants to play ‘money ball’ at Hibs. In order to do that, he needs to refurbish East Mains. He doesn’t want to spend his own money doing this. He takes out a floating charge over the assets and properties of the club so that when he spends money on them he can ensure the Hibs supporters pay him that money back through HSL. Once he has the infrastructure in place, he wants to sell players for profit, and give a percentage to the club, and pocket a percentage for himself.

6 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I can see Stendel signing up to JKB and getting involved with us 😁

Within a day he will have 1,000 people arguing with him, 2 people PM'ing him asking for a scrap, 68 people calling him a Hibee due to his low post count and 47 people calling him a Nazi. If he is very lucky he will have some slanderous comments accusing him of being a racist and a sex offender.

It is how we roll on here

:fonzie:

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

slanderous comments accusing him of being a racist and a sex offender.

🤷‍♂️

A_A wehatethehibs

**** the courts, Hearts and Barnsley should settle this dispute the proper way, on the pitch. Grudge match. 

Give us 6 months to a year whilst we sort our team out... 

7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

How we all feeling ladies and gentlemen?

Not great mate, just had to venture out to pick up all the wheelie bins, it’s blowing a hoolie out there.

Not surprised the American owner wants to try and suck some money out of the situation the big fat cat yank. After all they are notorious for suing each other 😂

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Indeed. It is also my firm belief that this is the plan at Hibs too. It all fits:

He tells the Hibs supporters that their training centre and academy are not up to scratch. This is to be upgraded, and a floating charge is immediately placed over it. 

He contacts the Hibs Supporters fan ownership group and tells them that they will no longer be allowed to buy a majority shareholding in the club. He tells them that they will need to “pony up” to pay for the upgrades to East Mains.

My conclusion - Gordon wants to play ‘money ball’ at Hibs. In order to do that, he needs to refurbish East Mains. He doesn’t want to spend his own money doing this. He takes out a floating charge over the assets and properties of the club so that when he spends money on them he can ensure the Hibs supporters pay him that money back through HSL. Once he has the infrastructure in place, he wants to sell players for profit, and give a percentage to the club, and pocket a percentage for himself.

One word:- Beautiful.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Within a day he will have 1,000 people arguing with him, 2 people PM'ing him asking for a scrap, 68 people calling him a Hibee due to his low post count and 47 people calling him a Nazi. If he is very lucky he will have some slanderous comments accusing him of being a racist and a sex offender.

It is how we roll on here

:fonzie:

And that's just the Welcome To Hearts thread.

22 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

And that's just the Welcome To Hearts thread.

A bit like this

Post 1

Hi, I am Davie, a new member I would like to say hi to all and wish you all great things.

JKB masses

Welcome to JKB you thick piece of shit fascist. Hope you get mauled by a pack of lions you good for nothing hibs prick . 

p.s your mum is a no good trollop.

Brings a tear to the eye

:smugger:

Edited by i8hibsh

5 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I thought moneyball was about focusing on statistical analysis outside the accepted norms when identifying potential signings.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I thought moneyball was about focusing on statistical analysis outside the accepted norms when identifying potential signings.

Then selling them for profit, no? Maybe the wrong term to use then... Dundee United Ball maybe? Capitalism Ball? 🤷‍♀️

Gene Parmesan
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Then selling them for profit, no? Maybe the wrong term to use then... Dundee United Ball maybe? Capitalism Ball? 🤷‍♀️

I don't recall anything about selling for profit. Moneyball is a theory of getting more for less - using statistics to bridge a gap in finances.

3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I don't recall anything about selling for profit. Moneyball is a theory of getting more for less - using statistics to bridge a gap in finances.

That, well put

2 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yes, probably used the wrong term. Buying undervalued players and selling overvalued players for profit, based on statistics. There's a better term for it, definitely. Apologies.

Tokyo Drifter
On 09/12/2019 at 12:40, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What a set of total and utter shop fronts.

I laughed at them calling us a Sunday League team. Where even is Barnsley?

PORKPIEINTHESKY

HEYUP.

I’ve met Paul Conway on several occasions at home and away games. The man is a total sociopath. Me me me. Then again people in big business usually are,  aren’t they? 

Before Stendel was sacked he actually openly criticised the team selection in front of a group fans. (The players he suggested needed to play had been WOEFUL and to the extreme too) the group actually looked a bit uneasy when he came out with it. Regardless of team selection, you shouldn’t be openly criticising someone you employ in front of your customers. That’s not how normal people behave is it or the town and it’s hardworking people. Completely classless. 

Could you imagine that happening at work? 

All this moneyball stuff is absolute fiction. They (Especially that weapon, Conway) have no concept of football. They’ve proven that at their previous club, Nice. They are hated there and eventually (if they get away with this one) The cracks will soon show. 

You have got not only a good manager but an absolute top person. The way the town and players embraced him says it all. Pure passion. That’s what footballs all about for me! Or used to be until these capitalist vultures got their hands on our club.

I can’t believe we’re after money. Especially after how they’ve acted. On behalf of Barnsley as a town and the club (not the PLC vulture *******s) I apologise for the sheer bollocks this brings up your way. 

All the best and send some snow so I don’t have to go to work.

Si thi!

PORKPIEINTHESKY

HEYUP.

I’ve met Paul Conway on several occasions at home and away games. The man is a total sociopath. Me me me. Then again people in big business usually are,  aren’t they? 

Before Stendel was sacked he actually openly criticised the team selection in front of a group fans. (The players he suggested needed to play had been WOEFUL and to the extreme too) the group actually looked a bit uneasy when he came out with it. Regardless of team selection, you shouldn’t be openly criticising someone you employ in front of your customers. That’s not how normal people behave is it or the town and it’s hardworking people. Completely classless. 

Could you imagine that happening at work? 

All this moneyball stuff is absolute fiction. They (Especially that weapon, Conway) have no concept of football. They’ve proven that at their previous club, Nice. They are hated there and eventually (if they get away with this one) The cracks will soon show. 

You have got not only a good manager but an absolute top person. The way the town and players embraced him says it all. Pure passion. That’s what footballs all about for me! Or used to be until these capitalist vultures got their hands on our club.

I can’t believe we’re after money. Especially after how they’ve acted. On behalf of Barnsley as a town and the club (not the PLC vulture *******s) I apologise for the sheer bollocks this brings up your way. 

All the best and send some snow so I don’t have to go to work.

19 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Maybe we could arrange a friendly with Barnsley with the proceeds going to them to stop them moaning.

Looking at the respective league positions it would be an absolute cracker.

A Barnsley FC benefit match? Send Wighton and Doyle down with a few of the kids. Throw them a wee bone. 

:)    

56 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I laughed at them calling us a Sunday League team. Where even is Barnsley?

I like the ones saying we’re League One standard......like they will be in a few months