Barnsley

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think Barnsley will struggle with this one. Different story if he was actively working for the club and we had poached him.

Could always claim this was constructive dismissal.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• Coburg Hearts

• BackOfTheNet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Mrs Budge doesn't really have far to go for Legal advice seeing as Donald Cumming is on our board!

We'll have a range of other advice including the English League Managers Association who seek to get good practice to protect sacked managers.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

The owners are total German helmets. The supporters are proper football fans. I’ve yet to meet anyone from Yorkshire I didn’t like. No front to them. 

Bollocks.  Two faced, back stabbing, grassing, racists

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

Barnsley accusing Stendel of talking to other club without Barnsley’s permission😬

CB3782FB-0270-4C37-92DF-0AD6FA3ED3CF.png

If it’s true then why didn’t he get the job 🤷🏾‍♂️? Looks like they’re trying to get the fans to turn on him, when did Americans ever worry about keeping things quiet 🤔😆🤪. Strange situation.

jamboinglasgow

So they claiming he was sacked for speaking to another club and not the poor run of results? Sounds like the board trying throw Stendel under the bus to win the fans over and trying to play a breach of contract card.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

37 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

Barnsley accusing Stendel of talking to other club without Barnsley’s permission😬

CB3782FB-0270-4C37-92DF-0AD6FA3ED3CF.png

So if he was in violation of his contract - what action did they take? Sack him? Sounds to me like they're pissing in the wind here.

Sounds like they're trying to get out ahead of any story that might not reflect well on them. I did read rumours of Huddersfield trying to tap him up. Would certainly like to hear the other side to the story before passing judgement.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Hopefully everything is fine from our end.

Let's be honest, the announcement on Saturday was to gloss over yet another pish result!

Whether we announced it on Saturday or tomorrow they were still going to sue us, so I don't see the relevance. 

Raymond Reddington

Did barnsley not wish tonge well the other week and announced that he had left the club? The same with Stern? Thought it was just Stendel they had an issue with.

3 minutes ago, jambo-rocker said:

Sounds like they're trying to get out ahead of any story that might not reflect well on them. I did read rumours of Huddersfield trying to tap him up. Would certainly like to hear the other side to the story before passing judgement.

Certainly gives something for Barnsley fans to get their teeth into.

Everyone in football knows you make contact unofficially first. Fair enough if Barnsley owners want things done correctly.

They are taking a risk with saying "This event coupled with numerous other issues" about Stendel. 

The Old Tolbooth

It's like dumping a burd, getting a new one in place, but telling your old burd that she can't see anyone else, in this instance, Stendel was sacked by Barnsley, replaced by someone else, and now they want to stop him working, pretty sure there's laws against that myself, what a prize dick their owners and board are for even trying this stunt. 

Compensation for his backroom staff I can understand as they were with Barnsley and still working for them, but that wouldn't come to much. 

No longer active

So put yourselves in the shoes of Barnsley fans.... 

A successful manager is tapped up by a rival club in the Championship. He is interested such that he tries to convince his coaching team to consider moving. Barnsley find out and sack him, but they don't release any details to their fans - they are confused. The move doesn't come to fruition. He remains sacked, as soon as he gets himself another job Barnsley spill the beans....

Seems very odd that Barnsley stayed quiet on this one. Sounds like they had some sort of agreement not to discuss this publicly. If Stendel was tapped up, why did he not get the job? Why keep the fans in the dark? And why go public as soon as DS signs for us?

I am sure Anne has the lawyers all over this one!

highlandjambo3
29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So they claiming he was sacked for speaking to another club and not the poor run of results? Sounds like the board trying throw Stendel under the bus to win the fans over and trying to play a breach of contract card.

And “numerous other issues” doesn’t hold much water as a factual statement.  

Myself, having done disciplinary and managing absence training as well as dealing with real cases.  See if he had spoken to another club I am sure if he was hauled up before the board, they would be able to prove this with a record of an interview and, the interview would have had a conclusion I.e. your sacked or, don’t do it again or you will be sacked etc...... DS would have had a copy of this conclusion as well, possibly kept this quiet as it’s more of a personal disciplinary issue he may not have wanted others to know about so.......was he sacked because of this breach or, was he allowed to continue.  If he was allowed to continue they cannot then drag this back out the cupboard to chuck at him later.  If he was sacked because of this breach then he effectively he was not under contract however........he may have breached that contract justifying his sacking.......chuck in a gagging order on the contract and it starts to get a wee bit fuzzy.

1 hour ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Interesting last paragraph of Barnsley’s statement considering the Een are telling us Stendel will only be bringing one member of staff with him.

Stendel wants both don't listen to anyone else 

If they were so outraged at him talking to another club (allegedly), why did they not;

1. report the other club to the FA. 

2. tell the fans, who were in uproar. 

3. terminate his contract. 

4. stop paying him. 

I smell shite. 

Edited by Paris 84

"This was a clear violation of Mr Stendel's contract... " 

"Barnsley are arguing that his contract, which ran until the end of the season, is still valid." 

Think they might need to get their story straight before the court case 

I've read that statement four times and it still looks like two 5 year old's have done it !

Complete and utter nonsense !

South Yorkshire really is a strange place...much better with West Yorkshire  😀

Most pleasing thing for me is the confirmation from Barnsley that we have been in discussion with them for 2 months...pours cold water on the suggestions that our club were "delaying", "sleep walking" and all the other comments that pundits and media have thrown at the clubs handling of this recruitment. 2 months also indicates that we were working on this before the dismissal of our previous manager, etc, etc.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Barnsley Owner "Hearts you owe us 500K"

Hearts "Have Wighton, Clare and Bozanic "

Barnsley Owner "OK, you now owe us £1 million"

Superb my friend 👏👏👏

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Can always send Levein down to chin their owner...

The video of the Hogg incident exists somewhere.

Craig Levein being kept on makes more sense now. 

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Most pleasing thing for me is the confirmation from Barnsley that we have been in discussion with them for 2 months...pours cold water on the suggestions that our club were "delaying", "sleep walking" and all the other comments that pundits and media have thrown at the clubs handling of this recruitment. 2 months also indicates that we were working on this before the dismissal of our previous manager, etc, etc.

I think the 2 months of discussions they mention refer to them trying to come to an agreement with Stendel rather than with us 

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Bollocks.  Two faced, back stabbing, grassing, racists

Were your lot not recently fined for racist chants?

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

To be pedantic I think they are referring to the entire situation with DS rather than hearts. He was sacked 2 months ago. 

I'll be at their game on Wednesday. My feeling from working down here is that the lawyers in Yorkshire are garbage compared to those in Edinburgh though.

This is a laugh, "we separated"  he "was dismissed" make up your mind guys. 

No way we would have gone ahead without being confident, the club might also think what ever it cost in court would have been a lot less than they were asking for. If its just his contract up to the end of the season rather than his ridiculous amount they wanted.

Plus you sacked a manger because he was wanted by someone else😂  

any gagging order would be for Stendel alone, not Hearts, if you relieved of duties you are constructively dismissed, therefore free to move on, in this country, I don't know about America.

Psychedelicropcircle

**** them wot a ***** club bin the boy then try & bend us over a barrel knowing we need to get moving 🤬 hope they go down and stay down !

Said it before and will say it again.  Daniel Stendel had a contract with Barnsley.  If this has been breached, then they should be suing him not us.  Not up to us to notify the Barnsley board we were speaking to him.

40 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

It's good to see us pissing other clubs off again.  Been nice for far too long.

:jjyay:

Kinda how I see it as well.

No issue with a bit of off-field back and forth as long as it doesn't prove too much of a distraction to his work with the team.

Dr B seems sure of our position. 

Regardless of outcome, we really could do without the circus this will inevitably become... we ought to be concentrating on getting clear of the relegation zone.

5 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Regardless of outcome, we really could do without the circus this will inevitably become... we ought to be concentrating on getting clear of the relegation zone.

The circus will be the Joey Barton assault trial. 

26 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Said it before and will say it again.  Daniel Stendel had a contract with Barnsley.  If this has been breached, then they should be suing him not us.  Not up to us to notify the Barnsley board we were speaking to him.

They sacked him because Barnsley FC alleged DS had talks with another rival Sky Bet championship club. 
I would take that to mean that he would be free to talk to us or anyone else, unless they had agreed some clause in the sacking that would have prohibited him doing so. If that were the case, DS & his agent would have known that as it would have been agreed by all parties in writing.

Thats why AB has publicly appointed him as she & her legal team realise Barnsley have no case.

2 minutes ago, sac said:

They sacked him because Barnsley FC alleged DS had talks with another rival Sky Bet championship club. 
I would take that to mean that he would be free to talk to us or anyone else, unless they had agreed some clause in the sacking that would have prohibited him doing so. If that were the case, DS & his agent would have known that as it would have been agreed by all parties in writing.

Thats why AB has publicly appointed him as she & her legal team realise Barnsley have no case.

Spot on

49 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

"This was a clear violation of Mr Stendel's contract... " 

"Barnsley are arguing that his contract, which ran until the end of the season, is still valid." 

Think they might need to get their story straight before the court case 

I think it's meant to read that his contract runs until the end of this season.

2 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Barnsley fans were gutted to lose Tonge too. Delighted of we've got him as well. 

They seem to have a tongue all of their own anyway.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Dont blame the club blame the owner. Sounds a nasty piece of work who is using American style legal tactics to get money. Basically legal action is going to cost you and we make it go on and on so why not give us money to make it go away. 

I am sure that Ann has been given correct legal advice before the announcement that she is very confident it wont go far in court.

American style legal tactics eh?    Let's hope they are using Lionel Hutz as their lawyer.