Well done Ann Budge

Swanny17

Just now, sadj said:

indeed , Ron the Con has invested 16teen bazillion in us cause he wants to not for any financial gain whatsoever. AB should of done the same 😑 I know which owner I’d tather have and which way I’d like things based on what we have seen under both. 

Rom the Con wants the peasants to pony up to pay for the refurbishments to their training barn. Even commandeered their fan ownership vehicle for that purpose. 🐴⬆️

Nope. Much happier with our set up, thanks.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herbert.

• Coburg Hearts

• Beast Boy

• sadj

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Like most others, I'm very grateful that AB saved the club but the problem for me is how she allowed CL to build his empire of crap coaches and crap players.

That was compounded by making CL manager after he had effectively appointed Cathro. He was rewarded for his own failure. 

It's plain to see football has taken a back seat to her grandiose plans for a new stadium - and we all know how that panned out.  

AB  - and her board - have made a series of blunders when it comes to football and it continued long after CL was appointed DoF. 

I'm not in the witch hunt camp but for AB to say just  a few months ago she was about to undertake a review of the football dept is unbelievable. This should have happened when they decided to appoint  CL as manager. 

Three years of dire football and likely another two more before this mess is sorted out. I doubt anyone working for AB was ever given that much time to sort out their mess.  I realy hope AB steps aside soon. She doesn't know football and she/the board have been far too slow to learn.  

When she appointed Levein she was still in her 5 year business plan though. She left Levein to sort that side and it failed unfortunately. She’s taken ownership of it and is strategically tweaking positions and staff now to better run the football side and achieve what we want. Chastise her for taking too long to replace Levein and as many have said put him in both positions at the same time but I think the football side has to be given a bit of leeway now after her moves to change things and see where we are and if we recover from the position we are in. 

Ripping her for taking interest while not taking a wage and for the club in general is ridic imo and the turnover we have is insane compared to any point in our previous 140years plus. That is the foundation for the club to perform on the park to a consistent level it hasnt previously we need to now achieve that.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Rom the Con wants the peasants to pony up to pay for the refurbishments to their training barn. Even commandeered their fan ownership vehicle for that purpose. 🐴⬆️

Nope. Much happier with our set up, thanks.

Ponzi scheme in Lochend 😎

Fresh start for everyone in my book. I think Stendel seems on paper a good appointment and as such everything that's gone before is water under the bridge.

Hopefully we start to see improvement and fight back in the first team.

Well done Ann for landing her target.

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Why though? It’s the sort of stupid shit you read on Hibs.net. She decided to take interest on her loan rather than a salary. If she had chosen to take a salary, then she would not have taken a salary holiday when the stand was needing more funds, I wouldn’t have thought.

The interest thing that people are getting all frothy over is absolutely stupid. It would only be debatable if she was also taking a salary.

Absolutely this.....

NEIL DONCASTER has been paid a performance bonus of £91,000 for his role as SPFL chief executive.

The SPFL annual report and financial statement show he bagged a huge £388,000 salary, which has risen from £297,000 last year.

I don't know how this salary would compare to chairman of Hearts, but I would guess that it is the ballpark. The interst rate on her loan is Hobomonics, it is pure fantasy to suggest that Ann Budge is trying to profit out of her position. She is hugely out of pocket, and doing it for our benefit. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

When she appointed Levein she was still in her 5 year business plan though. She left Levein to sort that side and it failed unfortunately. She’s taken ownership of it and is strategically tweaking positions and staff now to better run the football side and achieve what we want. Chastise her for taking too long to replace Levein and as many have said put him in both positions at the same time but I think the football side has to be given a bit of leeway now after her moves to change things and see where we are and if we recover from the position we are in. 

Ripping her for taking interest while not taking a wage and for the club in general is ridic imo and the turnover we have is insane compared to any point in our previous 140years plus. That is the foundation for the club to perform on the park to a consistent level it hasnt previously we need to now achieve that.

I agree with your last para - utter madness to throw that kind of stuff around. From my point of view, and not out of malice - I'd like to see AB step down.  The football side of the business - its core deliverable - has played 2nd best to everything else for too long now. 

13 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Like most others, I'm very grateful that AB saved the club but the problem for me is how she allowed CL to build his empire of crap coaches and crap players.

That was compounded by making CL manager after he had effectively appointed Cathro. He was rewarded for his own failure. 

It's plain to see football has taken a back seat to her grandiose plans for a new stadium - and we all know how that panned out.  

AB  - and her board - have made a series of blunders when it comes to football and it continued long after CL was appointed DoF. 

I'm not in the witch hunt camp but for AB to say just  a few months ago she was about to undertake a review of the football dept is unbelievable. This should have happened when they decided to appoint  CL as manager. 

Three years of dire football and likely another two more before this mess is sorted out. I doubt anyone working for AB was ever given that much time to sort out their mess.  I realy hope AB steps aside soon. She doesn't know football and she/the board have been far too slow to learn.  

Don’t disagree with any of your main points. I just think now we’ve (hopefully) found the right manager and will (hopefully) appoint a good SD, it’s maybe not worth changing her. I’m sure on the business side she’ll continue to do well. If the right appointments are made on the football side then all good.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Don’t disagree with any of your main points. I just think now we’ve (hopefully) found the right manager and will (hopefully) appoint a good SD, it’s maybe not worth changing her. I’m sure on the business side she’ll continue to do well. If the right appointments are made on the football side then all good.

Fair enough, I accept I'm in a minority of people who want to see her step away . 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Fair enough, I accept I'm in a minority of people who want to see her step away . 

Don’t get me wrong, if there was another better option, she could go tomorrow for me. It’s just hard to know if there is or not. It’s not like a new manager where the average punter can look around and think X or Y could do a better job than Craig or Austin.

Similarly, if CL was still boss I’d want her out.

Edited by GinRummy

“Finally, I have also offered to waive all interest payments due to BIDCO, during the period of up to two years when this deferral is in operation. This would effectively be my personal contribution of £300,000 to the main stand fund.”

So... £300k / 2 = £150k p/a

Would imagine that’s about the norm for a CEO of a Scottish top flight club? 🤷‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Yes we are contributing to FOH because of Ann. Any owner or director could have set up a similar scheme over the last 145 years, but they didn't, she did, at a point in our history when she had to loan £2.5M to make it feasible. So although anyone could have, even Ronald McDonald, the reality usually is arguing and naval gazing and nothing happens. And although FOH is a superb scheme (I have been chipping in £20 a month since day 1), it would not be enough to fund the club without the donations from benefactors. The squad that we often complain about, is affordable without donations or loans. I propose that we get off her case and let her get on with her (unpaid) job.

Ann never set FOH up, it isn't related to the board or club in anyway it's a separate entity. People sign up and contribute because they want to put their money into hearts not ann budge. No other chairman has said when I get my money back I will sign the club over to the fans so FOH would have never got backing it would be similar to HSL.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t get me wrong, if there was another better option, she could go tomorrow for me. It’s just hard to know if there is or not. It’s not like a new manager where the average punter can look around and think X or Y could do a better job than Craig or Austin.

Similarly, if CL was still boss I’d want her out.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't being dismissive - I just happen to think 5 years is long enough to see ones mistakes and correct them. I'm totally exasperated with AB/the board. Hopefully Stendel is the man to turn it around and we can get back to winning ways. 🖒

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't being dismissive - I just happen to think 5 years is long enough to see ones mistakes and correct them. I'm totally exasperated with AB/the board. Hopefully Stendel is the man to turn it around and we can get back to winning ways. 🖒

Here’s hoping.

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Ann never set FOH up, it isn't related to the board or club in anyway it's a separate entity. People sign up and contribute because they want to put their money into hearts not ann budge. No other chairman has said when I get my money back I will sign the club over to the fans so FOH would have never got backing it would be similar to HSL.

Ann made FOH workable by loaning £2,5M, I understand how it works and its independence from the club. Does not affect my view on her continued contribution. 

Do I think that she has made mistakes?, absolutely.

Is there a better alternative to her overall  chairmanship? Not that I am aware of.

Just now, Biffa Bacon said:

Ann made FOH workable by loaning £2,5M, I understand how it works and its independence from the club. Does not affect my view on her continued contribution. 

Is there a better alternative to her overall  chairmanship? Not that I am aware of.

There's hundreds of better options, Dempster over the road for example. She should have gave FOH a loan, took her seat in the directors box and got praised for being a PHW. Now she's the woman that's divided fans and overseen our worst run in decades. If she gets us relegated do you think people will remember her getting a orchestra to play at Tynecastle or Her the one that sat back and did nothing?

Just now, Herbert said:

There's hundreds of better options, Dempster over the road for example. She should have gave FOH a loan, took her seat in the directors box and got praised for being a PHW. Now she's the woman that's divided fans and overseen our worst run in decades. If she gets us relegated do you think people will remember her getting a orchestra to play at Tynecastle or Her the one that sat back and did nothing?

No, that’s not a better option at all. Ann’s work on the business side of our club has seen us double the size of our business, and she hasn’t taken a salary in that time. Wonder if Dempster is on over £150k? 

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Dempster? 

41 minutes ago, sadj said:

She has guided us to bottom of the league no matter how you want to dress it up !! 

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

No, that’s not a better option at all. Ann’s work on the business side of our club has seen us double the size of our business, and she hasn’t taken a salary in that time. Wonder if Dempster is on over £150k? 

While we get worse as a football team every week?!? 

Since we are on the subject of Budge, FoH, HSL (RIP), and Dempster here. Dempster was a board member of Hibs and simultaneously a board member of HSL. She kept the Hibs fans who contributed money to their fan ownership vehicle in the dark, as Ron was buying the club from under their noses. Now he is turning HSL in to a way of paying him back for any money he puts in to rebuild their infrastructure. 

Thank goodness we got Ann and FoH instead.

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

She has guided us to bottom of the league no matter how you want to dress it up !! 

Right so you go from calling people losers and wankers etc to just simplifying it to shes chairperson we are bottom of the league thats not good enough.

could you not of done that initially instead? I don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

That will be sorted. Hopefully the first steps towards righting that were taken yesterday. As a CEO however, her role was about more than that. On that side of things we are now far far stronger. 

Im sure you will agree with me on that, and join me in congratulating her for those efforts. Let’s hope the appointment of Stendel is equally as shrewd a piece of business.

Herbert is a complete rocket.......why do they only seem to appear when the club is going through a bad patch ?

Ann Budge made a mistake with Craig Levein.....but that’s in the past. 

Picking the wrong manager is something probably every club owner has done. Some of the biggest clubs in the world have been littered with poor managerial choices recently .....yet our owner should be different.

Arsenal, Everton and Watford all had managers in place for under two years but despite having teams of experts and millions of pounds at their disposal they choose wrong.

AB has been guilty of loyalty.....loyalty to the man who was with her in this from the start. Loyalty to the man who set us on the way to steamrolling our way to promotion when we could very easily have languished down there for a few seasons like Hibs and Dundee Utd.

But lets be honest.....this loyalty wasn’t in question a little over a year ago. Nobody wanted him sacked when we were top and in a semifinal. We had a poor run for 6 months from last November through to May. CL deserved a shot at the SC Final and in hindsight that should have been the last game. She decided to give him 11 league games to turn it around and he couldn’t.

Folk are making out like she’s increased our debt to £20m....put into a position financially where our stadium could be a supermarket in a years time or left us with a squad full of teenagers and a 15 point deficit before a ball is kicked.

She just doesn’t deserve the grief she’s getting.

27 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Hopefully the manager has just signed will reverse that. Being owner/ceo is never an easy gig. Robinson/Deans got Tommy Mclean in their first season, which was a disaster, then JJwho won us the cup. Then all downhill from there...  

18 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That will be sorted. Hopefully the first steps towards righting that were taken yesterday. As a CEO however, her role was about more than that. On that side of things we are now far far stronger. 

Im sure you will agree with me on that, and join me in congratulating her for those efforts. Let’s hope the appointment of Stendel is equally as shrewd a piece of business.

Fair comment. Agreed and here’s hoping Stendel can get us out of the mess She and Levein have created. 👍🏻

47 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Which doesn't mean there isn't a better alternative. 

From February 2020 onwards more funds should be available for the new manager to invest in the squad. 

Get rid of those not good enough, & bring in those who can play his brand & we might see some progression.

will take time, but we’ll have to be patient & trust him to get it right.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Herbert said:

What's her interest rate?

She either gave a shit or seen an opportunity to make more money. I would go with the latter going by her failures so far.

I might be getting mixed up, but are you the lad who used to inform the forum when meetings of the HMSA were taking place? It was a very similar name.

2 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I might be getting mixed up, but are you the lad who used to inform the forum when meetings of the HMSA were taking place? It was a very similar name.

Nah wasn't me.

39 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Herbert is a complete rocket.......why do they only seem to appear when the club is going through a bad patch ?

Picking the wrong manager is something probably every club owner has done. Some of the biggest clubs in the world have been littered with poor managerial choices recently .....yet our owner should be different.

Arsenal, Everton and Watford all had managers in place for under two years but despite having teams of experts and millions of pounds at their disposal they choose wrong.

AB has been guilty of loyalty.....loyalty to the man who was with her in this from the start. Loyalty to the man who set us on the way to steamrolling our way to promotion when we could very easily have languished down there for a few seasons like Hibs and Dundee Utd.

But lets be honest.....this loyalty wasn’t in question a little over a year ago. Nobody wanted him sacked when we were top and in a semifinal. We had a poor run for 6 months from last November through to May. CL deserved a shot at the SC Final and in hindsight that should have been the last game. She decided to give him 11 league games to turn it around and he couldn’t.

Folk are making out like she’s increased our debt to £20m....put into a position financially where our stadium could be a supermarket in a years time or left us with a squad full of teenagers and a 15 point deficit before a ball is kicked.

Over half her time in charge we have been shit on the park. Results on the pitch are what the club gets judged by and we have been a massive failure. It wasn't long ago we ripped hibs about balance sheets and finances. We have turned into what we used to laugh at, healthy balance sheet and a shit team.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Dempster? 

Just read that back sounds like I ment dempster should give us a loan. I ment budge should've just gave the loan and sat back and got the plaudits from the fans.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m not sure anyone should be rushing to congratulate AB yet. 

If he turns out to be a good manager and turns us around credit will be due, however, if it’s fails miserably (not inconceivable) little credit will be due, in fact the opposite. Particukary, if the allegations around his salary are true. 

It's the easiest thing in the world to judge someone with hindsight, as you are going to do, unfortunately Ann Budge doesn't have that luxury.

Coburg Hearts
13 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Nah wasn't me.

Thank **** for that. He came across as a really decent lad.

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Just read that back sounds like I ment dempster should give us a loan. I ment budge should've just gave the loan and sat back and got the plaudits from the fans.

I thought you were saying Dempster is a CEO would should if got in. I disagree with that entirely. She didn’t leave Motherwell in a great place and I don’t think she has done that well at Hibs our issues and the cup win /champ win fir them has clouded things. She also was in two boards and sold one up the river. I just don’t trust that kind of thing. If Ann had come in and brought in Burrows then yes I would agree. Dempster no.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, sadj said:

This place is lunacy today. Some people didn’t get their hole off the wee hottie in the office on the xmas night out last night

When the announcement of the new manager was made, I wasn't naive enough to think this place would be all sweetness and light, but never did I think it would actually get worse. 

I can only think the undercover Hobos on here have been instructed by their bosses at Hibs PM board to rack up their nonsense and abuse.

Call me paranoid, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and it's leaving a nasty taste in my mouth.

4 hours ago, Herbert said:

What's her interest rate?

She either gave a shit or seen an opportunity to make more money. I would go with the latter going by her failures so far.

Are you for real? She’s a businesswoman. I couldn’t give a flying **** about her interest rate TBH because I’ve still got a football team to watch and she could have made more money and had a fair bit less abuse/threats/hassle by putting her money elsewhere.

We saved the club but without her we couldn’t have and, for that reason alone she deserves more respect than some are willing to give her.

Is she perfect? No

Has she made mistakes? Yes and she has been called on and admitted them.

These snidey innuendos about her being n it for the money/fame/publicity are tiresome and inaccurate.

All, of course IMO.

Looking forward no end to Saturday now

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, davieholt said:

Hear hear. Some of the comments on this thread are totally bizarre

They are, and they are also very offensive, and the sort of comments you see on a daily basis on hibs.net . 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Well said, young man.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

I'm totally bemused by the above ramblings. Sounds like Babylonia.

19 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Queen Ann said she would sort the football department and tonight’s announcement is a massive statement of intent. Ann must have worked extremely hard to get this over the line and deserves immense praise. 

👍👍👍

Agreed. Some of the rest of the thread is embarrassing. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Sanity breaks out on kickback. Let's hope it's contagious. 

29 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

When the announcement of the new manager was made, I wasn't naive enough to think this place would be all sweetness and light, but never did I think it would actually get worse. 

I can only think the undercover Hobos on here have been instructed by their bosses at Hibs PM board to rack up their nonsense and abuse.

Call me paranoid, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and it's leaving a nasty taste in my mouth.

It really is just the hobos left bumping their gums while we look forward to a new chapter. A new, exciting manager, backed by a financially sound club. Onwards and upwards

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It really is just the hobos left bumping their gums while we look forward to a new chapter. A new, exciting manager, backed by a financially sound club. Onwards and upwards

I can't wait.

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

That would have been terrible though. Then we would not have doubled the size of our club and potentially racked up lots of debt building the new stand. Her only failure has been the football side and that is fixed a lot easier than it is to do the other things she has done at our club. Your vision of what we/she should have done is a really shit one.