Well done Ann Budge

Swanny17

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

She gave enough of a **** to pony up a shiteload of dough to make sure the fans still had a team to watch. Even if it was hard to watch at times.

What's her interest rate?

She either gave a shit or seen an opportunity to make more money. I would go with the latter going by her failures so far.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herbert.

• Coburg Hearts

• Beast Boy

• sadj

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

She either gave a shit or seen an opportunity to make more money. I would go with the latter going by her failures so far.

With the cash she had to invest she could almost certainly have made more money elsewhere with significantly less risk. Investing cash in a football club, purely as a money making excersise, makes no sense.

7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Too stupid for words.

8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Good lord! Sometimes 'posts' on KB still surprise me and I thought that wasn't possible!

11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

This is correct but there’s already a thread on the 1st page calling for her head. Everybody wanted Stendel, she got the deal done. This thread is to congratulate her on that deal. One thread without folk slating her should be allowed (for a few hours following the deal at least).

This for the fans with some common sense.

Bit of a gamble. Not high profile and certainly not experienced, I hope it pays off. Seems to be well liked at Barnsley, just hope he can get us playing some decent football 

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Queen Ann - :wub:

Ann Budge - The Queen of Hearts

John Robertson - The Ace of Hearts

Willie Bauld - The King of Hearts

**** off Granny Budge!!!

Yoi are damaging our club!!! 
Bottom of the league losers!!!

The Real Maroonblood
14 hours ago, XB52 said:

Been warned before about calling you a hobo and a moron so I wouldn't dream of calling you either of them again

:laugh2:

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

**** off Granny Budge!!!

More exclamation marks needed.

36 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Get a grip man.  

23 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Bit of a gamble. Not high profile and certainly not experienced, I hope it pays off. Seems to be well liked at Barnsley, just hope he can get us playing some decent football 

not high profile ? 
can I ask who you honestly and realistically  expected ?

he is certainly high profile for me

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, Herbert said:

6 minutes ago, rick witter said:

**** off Granny Budge!!!

Can you both not cut her a bit slack.

At least she is trying to rectify the mess we are in.

10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

**** off Granny Budge!!!

Yoi!!!!!!!

Yerm Gem.

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed Yerm Gem

You  mate are another Levein fanboy who was told month’s ago this would happen with him in charge. 
We are heading to the championship because of your pal Craig!!! He has ruined us. 

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

You  mate are another Levein fanboy who was told month’s ago this would happen with him in charge. 
We are heading to the championship because of your pal Craig!!! He has ruined us. 

A Levein fanboy 🧐

You read what you want and rant how ya want Rick I made my opinion of you clear. I replied to IoS not yourself and I don’t have the pent up rage and aggression that you carry for life so at the best of times its hard to get angry , wound up and mash a keyboard on a forum. Let alone a Sunday morning where I am sitting with my niece and nephew putting a xmas tree up and relaxing.....

Away back to your fiery pit of rage and have a pop at other people please theres a good lad Richard.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

A Levein fanboy 🧐

You read what you want and rant how ya want Rick I made my opinion of you clear. I replied to IoS not yourself and I don’t have the pent up rage and aggression that you carry for life so at the best of times its hard to get angry , wound up and mash a keyboard on a forum. Let alone a Sunday morning where I am sitting with my niece and nephew putting a xmas tree up and relaxing.....

Away back to your fiery pit of rage and have a pop at other people please theres a good lad Richard.

:lol:

Harsh, but fair.

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

A Levein fanboy 🧐

Loser just like Levein!!!

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

With the cash she had to invest she could almost certainly have made more money elsewhere with significantly less risk. Investing cash in a football club, purely as a money making excersise, makes no sense.

Well she hasn’t lost a penny of her money. Give her it back and tell her to **** off!!!! 

Edited by rick witter

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Well she hang lost a penny of her money. Give her it back and tell her to **** off!!!! 

I’m in two minds myself. She shouldn’t have appointed CL as DoF and then manager  and let him carry on way too long.

On the flip side, if the first team improves I can’t see any point in replacing her.

Edited by GinRummy

57 minutes ago, rick witter said:

**** off Granny Budge!!!

“Granny Budge”

What age age are you? 

She’s done more for this club than you’ll ever do.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m in two minds myself. She shouldn’t have appointed CL as DoF and let him carry on way too long.

On the flip side, if the first team improves I can’t see any point in replacing her.

It should have been a new manager after the cup final. 
Even the league cup group stage was enough warning to see this is where we would end up. Budge is as much to blame as the manager was. An absolute disgrace she has looked over. 
We are the worst team in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

“Granny Budge”

What age age are you? 

She’s done more for this club than you’ll ever do.

I’m 38 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It should have been a new manager after the cup final. 
Even the league cup group stage was enough warning to see this is where we would end up. Budge is as much to blame as the manager was. An absolute disgrace she has looked over. 
We are the worst team in the league. 

I broadly agree. If the first team improves, what’s the point in getting rid of her? She’s screwed up for sure but she’s helped bring the cash in and finally given us a new manager. 

I’m not against her going if it’s to our advantage but what do we have to gain?

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m not sure anyone should be rushing to congratulate AB yet. 

If he turns out to be a good manager and turns us around credit will be due, however, if it’s fails miserably (not inconceivable) little credit will be due, in fact the opposite. Particukary, if the allegations around his salary are true. 

Decisions should be judged on their success or otherwise. We had similar posts congratulating her on the appointment of Cathro. That was just a shite decision in the end.

The guy will need some time and a bit backing before we understand if this is a good appointment or not.

Also I don’t think the support necessarily wanted Stendel either. Just a preference for him over the names interviewed, who were poor to underwhelming. I do have some concerns he has become over hyped due to the quality of the other candidates and our absolute dire form.

I suspect we may see a more gradual than immediate turn around. In all honesty I hope he turns us around so much a bigger club comes in and takes him away. I’d rather a bit of success with a manager than the jam tomorrow of the last 3 years. 

Nobody at the club deserves any credit right now, what a mess they've got us in, if Stendel can turn us around then all my credit goes to him.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Too stupid for words.

What's stupid about it?

Either she's some super duper businesswoman that has got security on her 2.5m+ interest loan or she's too stupid for words loaning money with no security to buy a club that's got a long long history of bad finances and never posting a profit for years and years.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Can you both not cut her a bit slack.

At least she is trying to rectify the mess we are in.

It's too late, we're up shit creek and she's the one that's threw the paddles.

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Mrs Budge continues to put in unpaid work into the club, and facilitates benefactors donations (we have in the history of HMFC seen anything like the sustained contributions until under the chairmanship of Ann Budge) . She could find a lot easier ways of generating personal wealth if that was her goal. I find your comments ignorant and disrespectful to an individual who has arguably done more for our club than anyone else, .....ever.

Just now, Biffa Bacon said:

Mrs Budge continues to put in unpaid work into the club, and facilitates benefactors donations (we have in the history of HMFC seen anything like the sustained contributions until under the chairmanship of Ann Budge) . She could find a lot easier ways of generating personal wealth if that was her goal. I find your comments ignorant and disrespectful to an individual who has arguably done more for our club than anyone else, .....ever.

Are people contributing to FOH because of Ann? Ronald McDonald could be chairman of hearts and people would still pour money into the club. Were there not fans during admin doing alot of unpaid work around Tynecastle? We all put what we can into the club and never expect to see a penny back well all expect ann.

This place is lunacy today. Some people didn’t get their hole off the wee hottie in the office on the xmas night out last night

10 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Are people contributing to FOH because of Ann? Ronald McDonald could be chairman of hearts and people would still pour money into the club. Were there not fans during admin doing alot of unpaid work around Tynecastle? We all put what we can into the club and never expect to see a penny back well all expect ann.

What a ridiculous view to take. She isn’t taking a salary for the work she is doing. She is taking interest on the loan instead. You think she should be doing all of this for free, and no interest on the loan that was used to save us?

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What a ridiculous view to take. She isn’t taking a salary for the work she is doing. She is taking interest on the loan instead. You think she should be doing all of this for free, and no interest on the loan that was used to save us?

Tbh i think some would rather she took a wage and no interest even if the interest cost less than a CEO wage for the length of time shes the incumbent. No idea what her wage as a CEO would be or how that would compare to the interest she makes.

4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Yes we are contributing to FOH because of Ann. Any owner or director could have set up a similar scheme over the last 145 years, but they didn't, she did, at a point in our history when she had to loan £2.5M to make it feasible. So although anyone could have, even Ronald McDonald, the reality usually is arguing and naval gazing and nothing happens. And although FOH is a superb scheme (I have been chipping in £20 a month since day 1), it would not be enough to fund the club without the donations from benefactors. The squad that we often complain about, is affordable without donations or loans. I propose that we get off her case and let her get on with her (unpaid) job.

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Back to the question I asked earlier what is the interest rate?

She shouldn't be doing any of the work she should have been sensible and got someone with experience to run the club.

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

This place is lunacy today. Some people didn’t get their hole off the wee hottie in the office on the xmas night out last night

Busy girl

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tbh i think some would rather she took a wage and no interest even if the interest cost less than a CEO wage for the length of time shes the incumbent. No idea what her wage as a CEO would be or how that would compare to the interest she makes.

Why though? It’s the sort of stupid shit you read on Hibs.net. She decided to take interest on her loan rather than a salary. If she had chosen to take a salary, then she would not have taken a salary holiday when the stand was needing more funds, I wouldn’t have thought.

The interest thing that people are getting all frothy over is absolutely stupid. It would only be debatable if she was also taking a salary.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Back to the question I asked earlier what is the interest rate?

She shouldn't be doing any of the work she should have been sensible and got someone with experience to run the club.

She’s more than doubled our turnover. I’m glad she did do the work. I think the interest rate was market rate at the time? Can’t remember. A little under 6% maybe?

She isn’t taking a salary though, and hasn’t for the last six years. I’m not going to grudge her getting some recompense for the work she has done. 

38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I broadly agree. If the first team improves, what’s the point in getting rid of her? She’s screwed up for sure but she’s helped bring the cash in and finally given us a new manager. 

I’m not against her going if it’s to our advantage but what do we have to gain?

Like most others, I'm very grateful that AB saved the club but the problem for me is how she allowed CL to build his empire of crap coaches and crap players.

That was compounded by making CL manager after he had effectively appointed Cathro. He was rewarded for his own failure. 

It's plain to see football has taken a back seat to her grandiose plans for a new stadium - and we all know how that panned out.  

AB  - and her board - have made a series of blunders when it comes to football and it continued long after CL was appointed DoF. 

I'm not in the witch hunt camp but for AB to say just  a few months ago she was about to undertake a review of the football dept is unbelievable. This should have happened when they decided to appoint  CL as manager. 

Three years of dire football and likely another two more before this mess is sorted out. I doubt anyone working for AB was ever given that much time to sort out their mess.  I realy hope AB steps aside soon. She doesn't know football and she/the board have been far too slow to learn.  

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Why though? It’s the sort of stupid shot you read on Hibs.net. She decided to take interest on her loan rather than a salary. If she had chosen to take a salary, then she would not have taken a salary holiday when the stand was needing more funds, I wouldn’t have thought.

The interest thing that people are getting all frothy over is absolutely stupid. It would only be debatable if she was also taking a salary.

indeed , Ron the Con has invested 16teen bazillion in us cause he wants to not for any financial gain whatsoever. AB should of done the same 😑 I know which owner I’d tather have and which way I’d like things based on what we have seen under both. 

6 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Yes we are contributing to FOH because of Ann. Any owner or director could have set up a similar scheme over the last 145 years, but they didn't, she did, at a point in our history when she had to loan £2.5M to make it feasible. So although anyone could have, even Ronald McDonald, the reality usually is arguing and naval gazing and nothing happens. And although FOH is a superb scheme (I have been chipping in £20 a month since day 1), it would not be enough to fund the club without the donations from benefactors. The squad that we often complain about, is affordable without donations or loans. I propose that we get off her case and let her get on with her (unpaid) job.

Very well said.

8 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Hear hear. Some of the comments on this thread are totally bizarre