Well done Ann Budge

Swanny17

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

You can GTF!!!

Fair enough but we’re also in a situation where we have a club to support because of Mrs Budge. Short memories though eh. 

Absolutely and if you've seen my posting history you'll see I'm one of Mrs Budge biggest supporters and continue to be 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herbert.

• Coburg Hearts

• Beast Boy

• sadj

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s ok to have memories of the good and the bad.  To be grateful for what she did but to rightfully criticise all the mistakes she has made in the last few years.  She is not above criticism just because she helped save the club.  No need to keep the club blinkers on.

This is correct but there’s already a thread on the 1st page calling for her head. Everybody wanted Stendel, she got the deal done. This thread is to congratulate her on that deal. One thread without folk slating her should be allowed (for a few hours following the deal at least).

4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Our current situation is the full responsibility of Mrs Budge for her lack of leadership in my opinion! Firstly for not removing the head coach a very long time ago and more recently finally removing him and still yet to appoint his successor. It's absolutely unacceptable to be in a situation of 5 weeks and sitting joint bottom of the league but at the start of the process she's saying she's not in a hurry.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Absolutely and if you've seen my posting history you'll see I'm one of Mrs Budge biggest supporters and continue to be 

You actually started a thread criticising her earlier !!!!

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Yes my one criticism of Mrs Budge is standing by Craig levein for so long and that's the reason we're in situation we are today but I've also said many many times we've never been run better off the field and I stand by that ! Mrs Budge has been fantastic for Hearts 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yes my one criticism of Mrs Budge is standing by Craig levein for so long and that's the reason we're in situation we are today but I've also said many many times we've never been run better off the field and I stand by that ! Mrs Budge has been fantastic for Hearts 

You support her.....you want everyone to unite.....yet you start a thread after a defeat criticising her for the same thing you mention on an almost daily basis.

You’re all over the place.

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Unlucky for you when she gets her money she is going nowhere

You don’t know that.  And people on here said they about Levein too, although technically he’s still lurking in the background somewhere!

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You can support someone but criticise too!  You think she’s above criticism?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

You support her.....you want everyone to unite.....yet you start a thread after a defeat criticising her for the same thing you mention on an almost daily basis.

You’re all over the place.

Not all over the place at all , 99% of my posts about Mrs Budge are positive but the negative in my opinion is her backing of Craig levein which has set us back a long way on the football pitch 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not all over the place at all , 99% of my posts about Mrs Budge are positive but the negative in my opinion is her backing of Craig levein which has set us back a long way on the football pitch 

Really ?

Just you hadn’t mentioned it before......

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Exactly and I very much do support Mrs Budge in almost every other decision she's made except levein 

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This is correct but there’s already a thread on the 1st page calling for her head. Everybody wanted Stendel, she got the deal done. This thread is to congratulate her on that deal. One thread without folk slating her should be allowed (for a few hours following the deal at least).

It’s a football fans discussion board, people are allowed to have different opinions.  

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That particular poster called for unity only a few days ago then shortly after a defeat started a needless thread calling her out.....something he’s done on an almost daily basis for weeks.

She made a mistake with CL....she admitted that. Why keep beating her with the same stick every day.....it just encourages others.

Edited by DH1986

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s a football fans discussion board, people are allowed to have different opinions.  

I never said that. I actually said the opposite of that. All I said is there’s already a thread calling for her to go. This thread was to congratulate her for getting the deal we all wanted over the line. 

I’m not the type to stay quiet when I think she’s screwing things up but credit where it’s due. 

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly and I very much do support Mrs Budge in almost every other decision she's made except levein 

No way....this is new information.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, DH1986 said:

No way....this is new information.

Know what put me on ignore because this is a message board to give your opinion and I'll continue to give mine whether it's positive or negative 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Know what put me on ignore because this is a message board to give your opinion and I'll continue to give mine whether it's positive or negative 

Same thing.....every bloody day.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

That particular poster called for unity only a few days ago then shortly after a defeat started a needless thread calling her out.....something he’s done on an almost daily basis for weeks.

She made a mistake with CL....she admitted that. Why keep beating her with the same stick every day.....it just encourages others.

To be fair, it’s hardly the only mistake she’s made is it?  I’m not in the Budge out camp, not yet anyway but she needs to up her game from the last couple of years, hopefully today is a massive step in that direction.  Although she may well think she’s had enough anyway once the fan ownership goes through or she may not be invited to stay on, who knows?

4 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Queen Ann said she would sort the football department and tonight’s announcement is a massive statement of intent. Ann must have worked extremely hard to get this over the line and deserves immense praise. 

👍👍👍

Agreed totally but Levein McPhee fox and Daly need to be gone this weekend 

4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well done on getting this one over the line but we in the situation we are because of Mrs Budge lack of leadership over the previous head coach 

Actually she showed leadership by keeping Craig Levein.  She made the decision to back him and give him the time she gave him. That is leadership!   You may not agree with her decisions,  but I think you are incorrect to say she didn't show leadership.  I think under her stewardship ( poor results accepted) she had been a good asset, but as CEO, she carries the can for everything that goes tits-up.

4 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Queen Ann said she would sort the football department and tonight’s announcement is a massive statement of intent. Ann must have worked extremely hard to get this over the line and deserves immense praise. 

👍👍👍

You lost me there, sorry.

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

No really just sick of her pish, She doesn't know what she's doing, Apart from the commercial side the club is just a disaster under her. The new stand is not that good for what its cost, The coaching staff are dog shit and the players look battered they have no fight in them. She's let the most important part of a football club rot for well over a year and sat on her hands. The quicker she gets her money and goes the better. 

"sick of her pish". Nice one. 

"She's sat on her hands for well over a year" aye?

Someone else in this thread pointed out that responsibilities for other areas (e.g. football performance) are delegated to other people.

It's very easy to sit on the sidelines and comment on everything when you have zero responsibility. When 9 out of 10 opinions voiced by a keyboard warrior are shown to be bollocks, nothing happens. 

Know-it-alls who spout garbage about Ann Budge are not to be taken seriously. 

She saved the club and then built a new main stand which every one of her predecessors failed to do in the many decades prior. 

I think Ann Budge knows what she is doing, at least as much as ANYONE on here FFS.   

Edited by Hearts_fan

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Dont count on it.

Aye, I’m no so sure either.

” My work here is done “ type statement after the hand over wouldn’t surprise me.

19 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Actually she showed leadership by keeping Craig Levein.  She made the decision to back him and give him the time she gave him. That is leadership!   You may not agree with her decisions,  but I think you are incorrect to say she didn't show leadership.  I think under her stewardship ( poor results accepted) she had been a good asset, but as CEO, she carries the can for everything that goes tits-up.

You have to be joking!! She is an egotistical bomb scare and needs to go now. Since Levein was sacked we have effectively given up a semi final, haemorrhaged points on a weekly basis as though it was just expected and appointed a manager who we have high hopes for but had taken far too long to get in place. I genuinely don’t get the hero worship. As a CEO of Hearts more is expected!

3 hours ago, Herbert said:

Where have I said I wanted the deal to fall through? Go find where I said that.

This is the classic argument on here, if you disagree with the happy clap gang your a hobo or want the club to fail etc.

A piece of good news and posters like yourself just Jump onto here to spout negative crap 

Hopefully he can turn us around after the last 2 - 3years of horrendous management overseen by CL and his coaching staff, which AB happily allowed to happen 

5 hours ago, Biguche said:

Lol

Is it not about time you crawled back to Follow Follow or Rangers Media or whatever cesspit you came from?

It should have been ten
20 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

A piece of good news and posters like yourself just Jump onto here to spout negative crap 

This, sad as **** 

21 minutes ago, fila said:

Hopefully he can turn us around after the last 2 - 3years of horrendous management overseen by CL and his coaching staff, which AB happily allowed to happen 

I found myself in the director's box at an away game last season. A game we were expected to win and the hosts expected to lose. 

We lost. Anne said nothing, but watched in stoney silence as we huffed and puffed to omo effect and were undone by a team running on one of the smallest budgets in the league.

As we filtered out, one of the suits asked her what thought. She was literally tight lipped and shook her head. I was left thinking CL will be gone soon. We then won a cup semi and made a good fist of the final. (And remember the start to last season was so good). So I fo think she changed her mind.

I think she is loyal to a fault. The new man will know this. She takes her time over every decision: salvaging the wreckage of a half dead football club, building, then delaying the opening of, the stand (without public blame for whoever's messed up the seat order) and then dispensing with, but not humiliating,  a man she relied on from the moment she arrived.

Smart, dignified, loyal, determined. What more do you want? 

Edited by schillaci
Syntax

Budge is ultimately responsible for a 5th and 2 x 6th place finishes in the last 3 seasons, and currently has us joint bottom of the league. She let her friendship with levein cloud her judgement. 

She's made a change that is well over due and 95% of fans have been crying out for since at the very least the summer. We are in a dreadful position football wise, which will likely take 2-3 years to properly turn round and have us challenging third place. 

I'm not sure "well done ann budge" is the comment that would spring to my mind at this time.

I saw this or a similar thread the other day and genuinely thought "apart from Levein" what has she done wrong. Answer spent millions on a stand which is still unfinished, has sub standard facilities and at best basically sub standard hospitality options. Taken one of the most untied and partisan support in the country and devide them. Yes her contribution saved the club but so did mine. Happy to see her go asap 

Coburg Hearts
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hopefully it’s up to Stendel who he keeps on or gets rid off. 

I was hoping we would all get a vote on here. Not fair.

Coburg Hearts
7 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Through gritted teeth haha. 

It will only be well done if he can turn this mess around. 

Hopefully he's been worth the wait. 

It's well done now. Ann has done her job in getting the new manager in. It's now the responsibility of the manager to turn things round.

5 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

"sick of her pish". Nice one. 

"She's sat on her hands for well over a year" aye?

Someone else in this thread pointed out that responsibilities for other areas (e.g. football performance) are delegated to other people.

It's very easy to sit on the sidelines and comment on everything when you have zero responsibility. When 9 out of 10 opinions voiced by a keyboard warrior are shown to be bollocks, nothing happens. 

Know-it-alls who spout garbage about Ann Budge are not to be taken seriously. 

She saved the club and then built a new main stand which every one of her predecessors failed to do in the many decades prior. 

I think Ann Budge knows what she is doing, at least as much as ANYONE on here FFS.   

So the last 3 years hasn't happened? Our shit form has just been a small blip and she swiftly dealt with the problem, Is that how you remember it? 

She only built the.main stand because we pour money into FOH, Do you really think Ann is gonna be put of pocket when she decides to go? She's that much of a fan she put interest on her loan to save the club while wee kids were giving the Penny's they saved.

It shows your mentality if you think people that don't want ann at the club shouldn't be taken seriously, I think those that blindly support her are part of the problem, 

If you think Ann knows what she's doing your clearly a bit slow, She's said she doesn't know what she's doing hence Levein was brought in to help her.

1 last thing, Who's responsibility is it to deal with the people that have been delegated Jobs such as DOF or Manager?

10 hours ago, Herbert said:

After how long?

She doesn't give a **** about the fans.

She gave enough of a **** to pony up a shiteload of dough to make sure the fans still had a team to watch. Even if it was hard to watch at times.

6 hours ago, munro9 said:

You have to be joking!! She is an egotistical bomb scare and needs to go now. Since Levein was sacked we have effectively given up a semi final, haemorrhaged points on a weekly basis as though it was just expected and appointed a manager who we have high hopes for but had taken far too long to get in place. I genuinely don’t get the hero worship. As a CEO of Hearts more is expected!

Listen, no one could be more critical of her naivety around levein and it has cost her as well as the support 

that said, she has done tremendously well imo to get this over the line. Not asking that you suddenly love her but we can’t keep beating her with the same stick time and time again, especially if she realises that she made a Robert hunt out of the levein appointment 

she he admitted she got it wrong as most of us already knew. That’s enough and we should back her new appointment and put an end to the levein era - every last one of us 

Ann needs to do the right thing and empty the whole back of house with coaching.
Cannot keep any of the current senior management - players need completely fresh voices alongside the new gaffer. Otherwise it’s well and truly a half job done 

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Ah but it was positive criticism. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Herbert said:

So the last 3 years hasn't happened? Our shit form has just been a small blip and she swiftly dealt with the problem, Is that how you remember it? 

She only built the.main stand because we pour money into FOH, Do you really think Ann is gonna be put of pocket when she decides to go? She's that much of a fan she put interest on her loan to save the club while wee kids were giving the Penny's they saved.

It shows your mentality if you think people that don't want ann at the club shouldn't be taken seriously, I think those that blindly support her are part of the problem, 

If you think Ann knows what she's doing your clearly a bit slow, She's said she doesn't know what she's doing hence Levein was brought in to help her.

1 last thing, Who's responsibility is it to deal with the people that have been delegated Jobs such as DOF or Manager?

What a lot of absolute nonsense. 

6 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Budge is ultimately responsible for a 5th and 2 x 6th place finishes in the last 3 seasons, and currently has us joint bottom of the league. She let her friendship with levein cloud her judgement. 

She's made a change that is well over due and 95% of fans have been crying out for since at the very least the summer. We are in a dreadful position football wise, which will likely take 2-3 years to properly turn round and have us challenging third place. 

I'm not sure "well done ann budge" is the comment that would spring to my mind at this time.

She admitted she was stubborn over Levein, particularly the amount of power he had (regrets his manager and DoF dual role). But at long last she sacked him and ditched his master plan. She has now secured a younger progressive manager that his previous clubs adored.

Onwards and upwards from this point on. Budge will back her manager in January and we can’t ask for much more.

Budge took far too long to decide over Levein but **** it we’re here now and a new chapter is about to be written. All aboard the happy train, especially the torn faced players who need a trip to Alton Towers. 

Queen Ann - :wub:

Ann Budge - The Queen of Hearts

John Robertson - The Ace of Hearts

Willie Bauld - The King of Hearts

12 minutes ago, kila said:

She admitted she was stubborn over Levein, particularly the amount of power he had (regrets his manager and DoF dual role). But at long last she sacked him and ditched his master plan. She has now secured a younger progressive manager that his previous clubs adored.

Onwards and upwards from this point on. Budge will back her manager in January and we can’t ask for much more.

Budge took far too long to decide over Levein but **** it we’re here now and a new chapter is about to be written. All aboard the happy train, especially the torn faced players who need a trip to Alton Towers. 

Good, balanced post.

53 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

What a lot of absolute nonsense. 

Which part?

If it's nonsense it should be easy for you to prove that I'm wrong.