• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Herbert.

• Coburg Hearts

• Beast Boy

• sadj

52 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Budge can GTF!!! 

Been warned before about calling you a hobo and a moron so I wouldn't dream of calling you either of them again

Merry Christmas to one and all

Stendal shall save us from the freefall

Come one, come all, to see glory

To see the excitement of Hearts new story

What's done is done, now let's make amends

I predict being above Hibs before the season ends.

We need more passion, we need more fight

To be successful in the top flight.

Goto bed and be at ease for this new year is sure to please.

Feel free to add - Merry Christmas Jambos.

Thank feck.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Some people need to get a grip , great news tonight. Protracted yes but no denying how much we wanted him and the effort put in to get him and all they want to do is moan

The apathy has well and truly set in with me. 

Stendel signing was just a relief for me. 

I find it hard to trust anything we do these days. 

Not meaning to be negative. 

2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

The apathy has well and truly set in with me. 

Stendel signing was just a relief for me. 

I find it hard to trust anything we do these days. 

Not meaning to be negative. 

Apathy is very different and thats understandable

40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I do despise her. Nothing has changed with me but I am man enough to give credit where due.

Despise.....gie yersel a rest man.

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

100%

Her stubbornness is reason were sitting bottom of the table and have done **** all in over a year. The fans wanted rid of levein months before she finally got the nerve to demote him and she basically stick 2 fingers up to us

Paranoid victim alert.

Well done Ann. Sure this would have been a tough negotiation but I believe your decision will be vindicated in time. So glad this has happened and fully behind her appointment. Now we can move forward 

Do yourself a wee favour and just let Levein go though ? Better that we pay him with no involvement in the club than pay him hanging around causing further problems in anything he will be getting himself involved in 👍

Geoff Kilpatrick

Credit where credit is due. She went for this and got it across the line. Pity it took so bloody long but ho hum.

1 hour ago, Biguche said:

Lol

Why that response it's obvious now that the deal was a lot more complicated but in the end she got the man she wanted.

Edited by vegas-voss

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Well done to her on this.

How generous. I'm sure Ann would be touched to hear your praise.

The trouble is, she wouldn't really, because when one posts huge amounts of antagonistic garbage as you do, the vast majority of fair-minded people lose interest in what you have to say, rendering your observations utterly pointless.

Another way of looking at it is this, by calling for Ann Budge's head, some would say you forgo your right to enjoy her achievements because if you had your way, she would not be here to deliver Daniel Stendel.

Thankfully you are not running the Club!

Edited by Hearts_fan

6 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Paranoid victim alert.

No really just sick of her pish, She doesn't know what she's doing, Apart from the commercial side the club is just a disaster under her. The new stand is not that good for what its cost, The coaching staff are dog shit and the players look battered they have no fight in them. She's let the most important part of a football club rot for well over a year and sat on her hands. The quicker she gets her money and goes the better. 

Henrysmithstaxi

Judging by the accounts, Ann’s doing a good job.

Judging by the football, Ann’s made mistakes with who she’s delegated to.

She could’ve done better, she could’ve done worse. Couldn’t we all?

2 minutes ago, Henrysmithstaxi said:

Judging by the accounts, Ann’s doing a good job.

Judging by the football, Ann’s made mistakes with who she’s delegated to.

She could’ve done better, she could’ve done worse. Couldn’t we all?

How exactly could she have done worse?

100%

Her stubbornness is reason were sitting bottom of the table and have done **** all in over a year. The fans wanted rid of levein months before she finally got the nerve to demote him and she basically stick 2 fingers up to us. 

She made a mistake.  A big one.  I think you're taking it too far though.  She obviously kept thinking it would come right on the park.  For a long time, so did I.

She now has to act in conjunction with Stendel to shift the other coaches or put them on notice.  MacPhee has to go imo.

5 minutes ago, Herbert said:

No really just sick of her pish, She doesn't know what she's doing, Apart from the commercial side the club is just a disaster under her. The new stand is not that good for what its cost, The coaching staff are dog shit and the players look battered they have no fight in them. She's let the most important part of a football club rot for well over a year and sat on her hands. The quicker she gets her money and goes the better. 

You're absolutely devastated the Stendel deal didn't fall through, aren't you?

Really weird outlook.

number witheld

It’s amazing even football fans are polarised. From ‘queen ann’ to ‘budge gtf’, why can’t some realise the answer lies somewhere in the middle. She’s deserves some praise, some criticism, not a queen title nor told to GTF. Overall mistakes been made but business side is going on the right direction - still think we should be flourishing without benefactors. But the levein saga went on too long in hindsight. However, I understand the desire to give him a round in fixtures IF you consider the run he went on at start of last season and cup final. I was prepared to give him this season but was clear from bet free games something wasn’t right. 

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

She made a mistake.  A big one.  I think you're taking it too far though.  She obviously kept thinking it would come right on the park.  For a long time, so did I.

She now has to act in conjunction with Stendel to shift the other coaches or put them on notice.  MacPhee has to go imo.

Her mistake could relegate us. If she seen it was so bad for so long and still never acted that makes her unsuitable for a job in an industry driven by results. The best thing she could do is step down and get someone else in.

4 minutes ago, jimbo99 said:

You're absolutely devastated the Stendel deal didn't fall through, aren't you?

Really weird outlook.

Where have I said I wanted the deal to fall through? Go find where I said that.

This is the classic argument on here, if you disagree with the happy clap gang your a hobo or want the club to fail etc.

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, Herbert said:

Her mistake could relegate us. If she seen it was so bad for so long and still never acted that makes her unsuitable for a job in an industry driven by results. The best thing she could do is step down and get someone else in.

I agree. Stendel will have a massive job on his hands to turn things around. If it doesn’t work then Budge is responsible 

1 hour ago, glynnlondon said:

Doesn't excuse her incompetence that put us in this position in the first place.

Clean slate for stendel  obviously time will tell for Budge

For **** sake she put faith in a manager that proved to be wrong it happens all the time at football clubs.

We really have become some sort of self entitlement club or despite everything she has done for Hearts and continues to do some just want to hate.

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Can't agree but she's not getting any younger and I think she will step down in the relatively near future.

She might run to be president of the USA.  Think you have to be around 80 for that.  

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

She is still employing Levein to sort out the football department!

Good news ... a steady hand on the tiller!

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well done on getting this one over the line but we in the situation we are because of Mrs Budge lack of leadership over the previous head coach 

This will not be forgotten.

Glad she got her man. Hope he proves to be a success. Would feel more comfortable if he was bringing both his assistants. Well done Ann and Welcome Daniel.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

She is still employing Levein to sort out the football department!

Members who post lies about the club should be banned imo.

12 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Sometimes it takes a big mistake for you to wake up and smell the coffee 

for anyone not just Ann Budge 

she made a big big mistake, no question, but her big mistake was blinded loyalty in a guy who didn’t have the first clue 

if she believed in the style of football that CL was trying to install why then did she Appoint DS ?

he is the absolute polar opposite - this tells me that she has learned from her mistake so prepared to give her another chance and put the past few years to bed and get behind her new appointment 

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

LIAR!!!!

14 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

For **** sake she put faith in a manager that proved to be wrong it happens all the time at football clubs.

We really have become some sort of self entitlement club or despite everything she has done for Hearts and continues to do some just want to hate.

3 years mate from bad to worse not exactly a flash in the pan

As for entitlement you've got to be having a laugh

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yep. Well done.

Shame to see that lots of fans have been quick to identify other things to be negative about.

- I won't be happy until McPhee and Fox are gone.

- Doesn't matter who the manager is, its the players who are rubbish.

- Budge still acted too late in sacking Levein.

- I won't be happy until I see him backed in the transfer market.

- We've only announced it because we lost.

- I'm unhappy the club statement mentioned that Jack Ross was manager at Sunderland.

All things posted on here since this announcement. If you can't just be happy with this announcement, you really need to question whether football gives you enough joy to be worth your time.

I'm on the happy bus. Looking forward to next weekend already.

It's just the Internet mate. 

The rank and file who actually go to the games will be delighted. 

As will be demonstrated at KO time on Saturday. 👍

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Spirit of the thread derailed fairly quickly 👍

By the same faces as always.

29 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Would emailing people you like not suit you better than a football forum. You seem to take a lot of stuff to heart.

Fort Vallance

Nothing but praise. She got the guy that most people and presumably the club wanted. Got over the hurdles in place. And if it took a bit longer to get it done properly then so be it. Hats off.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Would emailing people you like not suit you better than a football forum. You seem to take a lot of stuff to heart.

Hang on......

There are folk frothing at the mouth on an hourly basis.....yet I’m taking things to heart.

Brilliant.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Hang on......

There are folk frothing at the mouth on an hourly basis.....yet I’m taking things to heart.

Brilliant.

😂 naw. You just seem to have this zero tolerance policy going on is all. I do read your posts though, I skim past most of the froth.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 naw. You just seem to have this zero tolerance policy going on is all. I do read your posts though, I skim past most of the froth.

I just have a zero tolerance for idiots tbh.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, interesting that the announcement says they got their number one target. 

Indeed.  Even though they didn’t have one when they sacked Levein!

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Nothing but praise. She got the guy that most people and presumably the club wanted. Got over the hurdles in place. And if it took a bit longer to get it done properly then so be it. Hats off.

Most people hadn’t heard of Stendel until he applied but once he did I think most wanted him instead of McCall, Irvine, etc. It has to work this time, Budge can’t afford 3 **** ups in a row, she’s skating on thin ice.

Edit: I meant once his name became linked - think the club approached him once the underwhelming applicants had been interviewed.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Been warned before about calling you a hobo and a moron so I wouldn't dream of calling you either of them again

That’s being too kind to only call him those 

20 minutes ago, Herbert said:

How exactly could she have done worse?

She could have hit her head and done a Basil Fawlty in front of Danny at the meeting !

Lighten up, we got the guy !

I’ll buy her a drink for that. Well done, AB.

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, rick witter said:

Budge can GTF!!! 

You can GTF!!!

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well done on getting this one over the line but we in the situation we are because of Mrs Budge lack of leadership over the previous head coach 

Fair enough but we’re also in a situation where we have a club to support because of Mrs Budge. Short memories though eh. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This will not be forgotten.

Some seem to have forgotten this already or had their heads stuck in the sand so long they can’t even acknowledge.  Anyway, hopefully we finally have the right man at the 3rd attempt.  He has a huge job on his hands, probably doesn’t have any idea at this stage how much of a shambles he has inherited.

Unlucky for you when she gets her money she is going nowhere

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

You can GTF!!!

Fair enough but we’re also in a situation where we have a club to support because of Mrs Budge. Short memories though eh. 

It’s ok to have memories of the good and the bad.  To be grateful for what she did but to rightfully criticise all the mistakes she has made in the last few years.  She is not above criticism just because she helped save the club.  No need to keep the club blinkers on.