• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite happy to see AB continue, however I want to see real reconstruction starting with McPhee, Fox and Daly. They should have went with Cathro never mind Levein, who should also be out the way before a new coaching team arrives. She has been more than patient with them and they have failed, positions at the club should not be found for them. We need to move forward into a new era and leave this period behind us.

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

But why do you think a few threads on JKB and the neds / plane made him decide to leave? I'd say at least 90% of fans were still with him. At least, not actively wanting rid of him. If you spend a lot of time on the internet / social media, you maybe think that something was huge as you saw it each day but in the real world, most people were largely unaware.

There were some people unhappy with him but there was no campaign by anyone beyond a few neds doing bumps in their stone island polo shirts. 

I'm sure Robbie did what he did because he thought it was the right move for him.  That's what he said at the time. To suggest he was forced out is absolutely insane.

I was kind of happy he left too because i thought he'd done all he could have. Our away form was catastrophic and the complete capitulations we witnessed away from home were terrible to watch. We could have done better. We clearly didn't because of Levein and Budge but we clearly didn't know that at the time.

Spot on, especially the bit about social media distorting everything. 

Robbie leaving should have been the catalyst for us to push on. 

Forever Hearts

Neilson had well and truly ran his course at Hearts. Championship season aside the football under him was chronic, especially the away performances. 

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think people have a problem understanding the difference between being happy Neilson left and "campaigning" to remove him. I was in the former camp.

Very much this.

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

But why do you think a few threads on JKB and the neds / plane made him decide to leave? I'd say at least 90% of fans were still with him. At least, not actively wanting rid of him. If you spend a lot of time on the internet / social media, you maybe think that something was huge as you saw it each day but in the real world, most people were largely unaware.

There were some people unhappy with him but there was no campaign by anyone beyond a few neds doing bumps in their stone island polo shirts. 

I'm sure Robbie did what he did because he thought it was the right move for him.  That's what he said at the time. To suggest he was forced out is absolutely insane.

I was kind of happy he left too because i thought he'd done all he could have. Our away form was catastrophic and the complete capitulations we witnessed away from home were terrible to watch. We could have done better. We clearly didn't because of Levein and Budge but we clearly didn't know that at the time.

And this.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Certainly time to be looking forward. If there is a viable alternative then it would make sense to begin the transition 

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think people have a problem understanding the difference between being happy Neilson left and "campaigning" to remove him. I was in the former camp.

I think the reason the 'Neilson forced out' narrative is resurfacing now is that the small number of people who supported Levein to the end are looking for a fig leaf to cover their embarrassment.

The new narrative is, the 5 year plan would have worked great, if it hadn't been for those pesky kids.

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

It was getting talked about in the media. Most pundits were totally confused by it, because he was getting results. As well as the plane banner and the phoodle pish, this forum was rammed with folk saying they weren’t going to go to games anymore because his style of football was t what they wanted to watch. Over-thinking and tinkering, and setting up to nullify the opposition wasn’t what they wanted and they were very vocal about it. He was on a hiding to nothing no matter what he did. Winning was no longer good enough. Trying to pretend public stunts like the sheets, posters and planes, backed up by idiots on the internet won’t have influenced his opinion to take the MKD job is just silly. Of course it did.

12 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I think the reason the 'Neilson forced out' narrative is resurfacing now is that the small number of people who supported Levein to the end are looking for a fig leaf to cover their embarrassment.

The new narrative is, the 5 year plan would have worked great, if it hadn't been for those pesky kids.

Dont worry, you can already see them twisting and turning, trying to justify Levein’s continued involvement in the club and his role in the Stendel appointment and Hickey’s transfer. 

“Be stupid not to use his knowledge” blah blah **** off. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Dont worry, you can already see them twisting and turning, trying to justify Levein’s continued involvement in the club and his role in the Stendel appointment and Hickey’s transfer. 

“Be stupid not to use his knowledge” blah blah **** off. 

:laugh:

And yet

:spoton:

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

17 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:greatpost:

There’s a lot to admire in the above post. Every word the truth.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Good post. 👍

Just now, leginten said:

:greatpost:

There’s a lot to admire in the above post. Every word the truth.

And they are now getting blamed in advance for Budge walking away and putting the benefactor off as well. 

Governor Tarkin

A few truth torpedos being rattled about this thread. 

:pleasing:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And they are now getting blamed in advance for Budge walking away and putting the benefactor off as well. 

I’m just waiting for the “Michael Stewart and Kickback drove poor Craig out” stuff to start. Or have I already missed it?

I just don’t see much point in her leaving. She’s made an arse of this season but when the new boss is in place it feels a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Any obvious candidates who’d replace her.

11 minutes ago, leginten said:

I’m just waiting for the “Michael Stewart and Kickback drove poor Craig out” stuff to start. Or have I already missed it?

If only it was that easy he would have gone months ago. 

7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct Geoff - the drama queens think differently!

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Insane. You could always just not swear in front of them, I suppose, but to each their own. 👍

Geoff the Mince taught my toddler all of the words to the **** Bobby Sands song without much difficulty, but he's struggling with the flute lessons.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

13 minutes ago, leginten said:

I wouldn’t put it past the LDL straw clutches on here!

44 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Absolutely spot on! 👍

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It was getting talked about in the media. Most pundits were totally confused by it, because he was getting results. As well as the plane banner and the phoodle pish, this forum was rammed with folk saying they weren’t going to go to games anymore because his style of football was t what they wanted to watch. Over-thinking and tinkering, and setting up to nullify the opposition wasn’t what they wanted and they were very vocal about it. He was on a hiding to nothing no matter what he did. Winning was no longer good enough. Trying to pretend public stunts like the sheets, posters and planes, backed up by idiots on the internet won’t have influenced his opinion to take the MKD job is just silly. Of course it did.

The media pretty much laughed at the plane stunt and so did Robbie. By all accounts, the bams with the plane did it for a laugh too. There was no serious campaign to have Robbie removed from any real number of fans. I can't imagine Robbie read the various threads and posts that were critical of him on here but you never know i guess.

Think you got sucked into the JKB  / internet / social media bubble and mistook it for real life. Your perspective seems quite unusual on this and it seems unlikely that you'll change your mind so there's little point in continuing.

If you really want to continue, I'll ask again - do you have anything to back up your belief that the fans hounded Neilson out? Is there any sort of interview with anyone, especially Robbie, that confirms this view?

His EN interview last year said

"“I didn’t think too much about it. It’s just background stuff. I was the same as a player. When you’re getting stick off the fans, you can either crumble or dig it out. I’ve always been like that."

He doesn't seem too concerned there. If you have some sort of evidence to the contrary, I'd be interested to read it.

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Interesting post.

Hadn't really considered that exactly but there must be some sort of weird agenda involved here.

20 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure if the board thought it was negative value they would. 

Well if they can't see it then we really are in more trouble than we realise

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

The media pretty much laughed at the plane stunt and so did Robbie. By all accounts, the bams with the plane did it for a laugh too. There was no serious campaign to have Robbie removed from any real number of fans. I can't imagine Robbie read the various threads and posts that were critical of him on here but you never know i guess.

Think you got sucked into the JKB  / internet / social media bubble and mistook it for real life. Your perspective seems quite unusual on this and it seems unlikely that you'll change your mind so there's little point in continuing.

If you really want to continue, I'll ask again - do you have anything to back up your belief that the fans hounded Neilson out? Is there any sort of interview with anyone, especially Robbie, that confirms this view?

His EN interview last year said

"“I didn’t think too much about it. It’s just background stuff. I was the same as a player. When you’re getting stick off the fans, you can either crumble or dig it out. I’ve always been like that."

He doesn't seem too concerned there. If you have some sort of evidence to the contrary, I'd be interested to read it.

Sometimes it is better to let people think the stick you are receiving doesn’t bother you. If you let it be known it’s getting to you, then those dishing it out will often ramp it up.

The media were actually really confused by the plane incident. Looking in from the outside, they could not get their heads around it, because we were doing well in the league.

I don’t think an isolated incident would have driven him out, but this wasn’t a case of an isolated incident, it was a campaign. The public incidents were backed up by a social media campaign, and that was in turn exacerbated somewhat by the non-abusive stuff from those who were getting hung up on style over results. You add it all together and he will have been acutely aware of how the tide of opinion had turned on him.

To suggest supporter action did not influence his decision to leave is naive in the extreme. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A few truth torpedos being rattled about this thread. 

:pleasing:

Truth torpedoes won't shake the deluded.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sometimes it is better to let people think the stick you are receiving doesn’t bother you. If you let it be known it’s getting to you, then those dishing it out will often ramp it up.

The media were actually really confused by the plane incident. Looking in from the outside, they could not get their heads around it, because we were doing well in the league.

I don’t think an isolated incident would have driven him out, but this wasn’t a case of an isolated incident, it was a campaign. The public incidents were backed up by a social media campaign, and that was in turn exacerbated somewhat by the non-abusive stuff from those who were getting hung up on style over results. You add it all together and he will have been acutely aware of how the tide of opinion had turned on him.

To suggest supporter action did not influence his decision to leave is naive in the extreme. 

If we are to disregard a direct quote, it will be in the bank for later, mate !

Just an observation !

👍

37 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Interesting post.

Hadn't really considered that exactly but there must be some sort of weird agenda involved here.

I wouldn't say it was a weird agenda, just a display of cognitive dissonance.

As Levein's time as manager went on, more and more fans concluded that he would never turn things round. But those who never got there before he was sacked, rather than admit their mistake, are now looking for reasons why they were right and everybody else was wrong.

The option of arguing that Craig was the right man has gone, so they try to convince others, and most importantly themselves, that things would have been peachy had Robbie not been 'hounded' out.

It’s worth remembering that Neilson applied for the MKD job. He wasn’t headhunted. At least that was what was understood at the time. I would say that suggests fan opinion played a part in his departure.

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s worth remembering that Neilson applied for the MKD job. He wasn’t headhunted. At least that was what was understood at the time. I would say that suggests fan opinion played a part in his departure.

Not surprised he wasn't headhunted tbh.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not surprised he was shite either.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It would have come. He skooshed the Championship then had us third and second. He’ll bring United up this season too. He is effective at what he does, it’s just that what he does become not good enough for our support. Suddenly the style and manner of the victories became more important than winning.

Not sure why any football fan of any club would want an owner to stay on who has zero knowledge about football, and puts zero money into the playing squad.

She helped us in our time of need. Her stay is becoming a sour end to what should have been a fairytale story.

It should be a thank you and a parting of ways at the earliest opportunity, which I thought was the end of this season anyway?

Governor Tarkin
42 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It would have come. He skooshed the Championship then had us third and second. He’ll bring United up this season too. He is effective at what he does, it’s just that what he does become not good enough for our support.

Not sure about the first part. He chose to leave when his stock was high. If he was that confident of keeping up those standards he'd have held out for a more attractive option than MK Dons.

The rest is all true, especially the bit in bold. 

42 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Suddenly the style and manner of the victories became more important than winning.

Suddenly money-spinning replays became more important than stopping Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.

26 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not sure about the first part. He chose to leave when his stock was high. If he was that confident of keeping up those standards he'd have held out for a more attractive option than MK Dons.

The rest is all true, especially the bit in bold. 

Suddenly money-spinning replays became more important than stopping Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.

A hearts manager who doesn’t understand and can’t win derbies will always be strongly disliked by a large part of the fan base. Not rocket science. That replay at Easter road; he should have been fired that night. And also tarred and feathered 

5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Another step closer to relegation lads, any thoughts?? 

6 weeks and counting to get a manager in. 

Just over 5 actually. We need a new one in asap. 

She should have stepped aside when it was patently obvious to anyone with eyes she was out of her depth 

Looking double sixes now to get us out of this

She may be good at where she made her money but I'm lost for words at her years of incompetence in regards to the first team and mistake after mistake.

She needs to go regardless

4 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

She should have stepped aside when it was patently obvious to anyone with eyes she was out of her depth 

Looking double sixes now to get us out of this

She may be good at where she made her money but I'm lost for words at her years of incompetence in regards to the first team and mistake after mistake.

She needs to go regardless

She said in May that she is now focusing on the first team. Since this day we have been in freefall.

GorgieRules22

Not quite sure how she’s made money in life not being able to make tough calls. Her inability to sack Levein earlier could drag the club back years, clown 

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Not quite sure how she’s made money in life not being able to make tough calls. Her inability to sack Levein earlier could drag the club back years, clown 

Getting rid of Burley set us back years. We would have won the league at least 3 times now with him in charge.