Budge should leave at the end of the season

DB-14

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Very well put. Started when she began launching the bigots. 

The Queen of Hearts will rightly be remembered as one of the most important individuals in our club’s history. A grand lady. :wub:

:spoton:

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

By her own admission and backed up by Levein, all footballing matters were controlled by Levein.

She. Is. In. Overall. Control.

The one thing that this thread has demonstrated is how many of Anne’s critics haven’t the first idea of how to run a business. I suspect a good few of them can’t even run their own lives without someone telling them what to do.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She. Is. In. Overall. Control.

i Know you are finding it difficult to understand but AB is CEO and Levein was DOF. There’s not much point in having a DOF if the CEO is going to continually interfere in footballing matters. To many supporters are short term thinkers, AB isn’t.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

i Know you are finding it difficult to understand but AB is CEO and Levein was DOF. There’s not much point in having a DOF if the CEO is going to continually interfere in footballing matters. To many supporters are short term thinkers, AB isn’t.

Spotting glaring failures is not “interfering”. It’s called management.

Let me put it like this. Budge did nothing until the point where we were in total disarray. She lacked either the bollocks or the foresight to react to the decline that we were suffering before it became so severe. Anyone who thinks it’s remotely acceptable for Stendel to be inheriting a team who are joint bottom of the SPL needs help.

Ann Budge has publically admitted that handing over the first team managerial reigns to CL was a mistake.

What else do people want ?

She is currently restructuring the footballing side of the club to ensure that no one person can have as much control as CL had.

Give the woman a break and cut her a bit slack.....she’s righting the wrongs and she’s earned the opportunity to do so:without being told to gtf by some angry little pricks on here.

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein's one of my least favourite Hearts managers. I wanted him gone by the end same as everyone. I just didn't join in the bashing of him and thought he had the experience to turn things around when we had everyone back from injury. I was in favour of taking the time to find a replacement and am delighted with Stendel. Also won't join in the inevitable bashing of Stendel when he loses a couple of games in row.

Levein should never have got past the league cup games. You could see a mile off this is what would happen!! 
Stendel has a huge job on to keep us in this league with a squad of terrible footballers!! 10th will be a good achievement. 

42 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Levein should never have got past the league cup games. You could see a mile off this is what would happen!! 
Stendel has a huge job on to keep us in this league with a squad of terrible footballers!! 10th will be a good achievement. 

Amazing how a few weeks ago we had a team full of international players now apparently they are all terrible.

47 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Ann Budge has publically admitted that handing over the first team managerial reigns to CL was a mistake.

She is currently restructuring the footballing side of the club to ensure that no one person can have as much control as CL had.

Give the woman a break and cut her a bit slack.....she’s righting the wrongs and she’s earned the opportunity to do so:without being told to gtf by some angry little pricks on here.

Great post. 

Just now, OldGorgie said:

Amazing how a few weeks ago we had a team full of international players now apparently they are all terrible.

They were all terrible a few weeks ago as well 🤷‍♀️

Dusk_Till_Dawn
48 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

It should be reflected that she took too long and has damaged us as a result. I wouldn’t mind if Levein’s performance had been a matter of opinion but we were shocking for ages. She did nothing and we’re now in this state.

Stendel good, though.

6 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

They are all a disgrace to the Hearts jersey. Pathetic excuse for football players!!

Seymour M Hersh
14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It should be reflected that she took too long and has damaged us as a result. I wouldn’t mind if Levein’s performance had been a matter of opinion but we were shocking for ages. She did nothing and we’re now in this state.

Stendel good, though.

Oh how ****ing magnanimous of you. She'll be thrilled you think so. 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They were all terrible a few weeks ago as well 🤷‍♀️

15 minutes ago, rick witter said:

They are all a disgrace to the Hearts jersey. Pathetic excuse for football players!!

I’m sure your well thought out comments will be a great encouragement to the team

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Oh how ****ing magnanimous of you. She'll be thrilled you think so. 

Credit where it’s due. Criticism also. You’re only capable of one.

Seymour M Hersh
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Credit where it’s due. Criticism also. You’re only capable of one.

What absolute crap you come out with. 

The Hogfather
12 hours ago, Sid said:

You would have preferred to let our club die then. 
When Vlad left us in the shit and we went in to administration, we weren’t profitable. 
Ann and her beneficiaries stepping in were the only thing that prevented the club from dying. FOC contributions could not have saved us. 
But feel free to abuse our saviour. 

Ok, you simpleton, I'll try and keep out the long words since you're clearly not that bright.

1) Show me where I've "abused" her, thanks. Not that you will, because only the most delicate of demeanours could even think what I've been saying is close to abusing her.

2) Her role in saving the club should not be understated, but also should not exclude her from any kind of criticism. To think otherwise, as you seem to do, is utterly ridiculous.

3) Don't cry.

24 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I’m sure your well thought out comments will be a great encouragement to the team

Do you reckon? Will maybe drop AB a wee email putting myself up for some kind of motivational role.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What absolute crap you come out with. 

I’ve been right about a hell of a lot, tbh. It’s unfortunate for those who told us everything was in order and would be fine but you’ve either got eyes or you don’t.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She oversees the whole project ffs. She couldn’t see what was staring her in the face.

This. People blind to this fact like they were to the damage levein was doing.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve been right about a hell of a lot, tbh. It’s unfortunate for those who told us everything was in order and would be fine but you’ve either got eyes or you don’t.

Aye, very good, hindsight is 20/20 vision. You must be very proud. You still come out with masses of crap though.

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This. People blind to this fact like they were to the damage levein was doing.

We'll get relegated then I assume?

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

We'll get relegated then I assume?

Why is that??

66 points to play for I think.

Edited by Jambof3tornado

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Aye, very good, hindsight is 20/20 vision. You must be very proud. You still come out with masses of crap though.

You and others are merely seething about being so spectacularly wrong. It must be fairly embarrassing.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You and others are merely seething about being so spectacularly wrong. It must be fairly embarrassing.

How exactly was I wrong? I don't recall making any predictions about anything. See, more crap. 

22 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Why is that??

66 points to play for I think.

All the players are Shite and Levein has killed the club no?

Edited by Noah Claypole

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

All the players are Shite and Levien has killed the club no?

Instead of the sarcy comments, I’d be interested in what you think of the players this season so far and your opinion of CL as a manager second time around?

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

All the players are Shite and Levein has killed the club no?

Yes, it's only in A&E. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Instead of the sarcy comments, I’d be interested in what you think of the players this season so far and your opinion of CL as a manager second time around?

The players this season are devoid of any focus and can't defend, all due to having a captain who shouldn't be in the team and wouldn't be but for injury to others. 

That was CLs biggest error in the summer, not getting in at least 1 maybe 2 centre halfs.

As for CL, his time was up but if killing the club is getting us to a Cup Final and the Semi Final twice in the only other Cup we have a chance of winning is failure then I live in a parallel universe.

No Cup Final this season will be regarded as failure yes?

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

The players this season are devoid of any focus and can't defend, all due to having a captain who shouldn't be in the team and wouldn't be but for injury to others. 

That was CLs biggest error in the summer, not getting in at least 1 maybe 2 centre halfs.

As for CL, his time was up but if killing the club is getting us to a Cup Final and the Semi Final twice in the only other Cup we have a chance of winning is failure then I live in a parallel universe.

We got the easiest route possible to the Scottish Cup Final where we got beat. We reached the League Cup semi final and got battered 3-0. Big deal. 

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

I think there are more problems than just Berra but I agree it’s a big problem.

I also think ignoring our league form since our good run at the start of last season is deliberately ignoring the obvious downward trajectory we were on and are still on.

Was last year a failure given the cup runs? Probably not, as you said the cups are important and our only real chance of silverwear.

is the start of this season in any way acceptable? I’m sure you’d agree it isn’t. There is no justification for where CL has led us, it showed no signs of recovering (and still doesn’t). He maybe can’t be accused of killing the club but given the time and resources he’s had, he’s made a complete arse of it. It’ll be remembered as one of the worst managerial appointments.

As for this season, bottom half of the table and no cup win (never mind a final) will be regarded as a failure. It’s damage limitation time.

2 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Ok, you simpleton, I'll try and keep out the long words since you're clearly not that bright.

1) Show me where I've "abused" her, thanks. Not that you will, because only the most delicate of demeanours could even think what I've been saying is close to abusing her.

2) Her role in saving the club should not be understated, but also should not exclude her from any kind of criticism. To think otherwise, as you seem to do, is utterly ridiculous.

3) Don't cry.

1.  You claim she has not been a good businessman for Hearts. Debt, turnover, stadium, pitch, facilities, academy structure etc etc on handing over club compared to what she inherited, to me, appears to demonstrate very good business.  Yes. She has made mistakes. Anyone taking over such a broad spectrum of challenges would be very lucky not to. But she has rectified them. That to me is not a bad businessman.
2.  I don’t say she is above criticism and have criticised some of her decisions.  But don’t go for blanket statements such as she has not been a good businessman at Hearts. 
3.  Should I be crying because you called me a simpleton and not bright?   Yep. Did bring a bit of a tear to my eye. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

We got the easiest route possible to the Scottish Cup Final where we got beat. We reached the League Cup semi final and got battered 3-0. Big deal. 

This. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

JJ had an easier route in 98.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Very well put. Started when she began launching the bigots. 

This. It’s so obvious who the Budge out crowd is and what their motives are. They’ve just been handed ammunition by the poor team performances unfortunately.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

This. It’s so obvious who the Budge out crowd is.

it’s really not. Pigeon holing people like that isn’t clever.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

JJ had an easier route in 98.

Falkirk a harder semi than Inverness. Sure they were top league at the time as well.

27 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This. It’s so obvious who the Budge out crowd is and what their motives are. They’ve just been handed ammunition by the poor team performances unfortunately.

That’s when it started. Since then some have reached the end of their tethers due to results and turned to their side too.

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not now, no. They were the first to want her out though.

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Falkirk a harder semi than Inverness. Sure they were top league at the time as well.

First difficult game we played, and we nearly didn’t manage it too.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

First difficult game we played, and we nearly didn’t manage it too.

Yip. Was glad to get through that. Score flattered us.

Guest ToqueJambo
52 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m suspicious of people who choose not to see which group has been behind the very personal abuse of Neilson, Levein and Budge. One reason I never joined in the Levein bashing despite agreeing in general he did a bad job after all our injuries is that the bigots used that as cover to ramp up their Budge abuse.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I’m suspicious of people who choose not to see which group has been behind the very personal abuse of Neilson, Levein and Budge. One reason I never joined in the Levein bashing despite agreeing in general he did a bad job after all our injuries is that the bigots used that as cover to ramp up their Budge abuse.

I understand. My only point is you can’t write off folk who want budge out as bigots. 

Guest ToqueJambo
54 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Livi in out first game was a harder opening tie. Hardest of all the Premiership teams that season.

Point is we get put out the cup plenty times by any of the teams we played in that run. That’s why we’ve been to so few finals.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Livi in out first game was a harder opening tie. Hardest of all the Premiership teams that season.

Point is we get put out the cup plenty times by any of the teams we played in that run. That’s why we’ve been to so few finals.

Aye forgot about livi. Up till last Wednesday, clare’s the only goal we’ve scored against them in yonks. Difficult tie I agree.

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, Sid said:

1.  You claim she has not been a good businessman for Hearts. Debt, turnover, stadium, pitch, facilities, academy structure etc etc on handing over club compared to what she inherited, to me, appears to demonstrate very good business.  Yes. She has made mistakes. Anyone taking over such a broad spectrum of challenges would be very lucky not to. But she has rectified them. That to me is not a bad businessman.
2.  I don’t say she is above criticism and have criticised some of her decisions.  But don’t go for blanket statements such as she has not been a good businessman at Hearts. 
3.  Should I be crying because you called me a simpleton and not bright?   Yep. Did bring a bit of a tear to my eye. 

1) I've questioned some of the business decisions she's been responsible for. Awarding the contract for the new stand to her brother-in-law.  The stand being over budget and not to what was promised. Letting Levein run the football into the ground, wasting decent amounts of money on absolute duds. And that's before you analyse the PR nightmare statements she's fired out in the past few years. She's made many high profile mistakes. Whether or not she's responsible for wealthy benefactors putting their hands in their pockets, I don't believe that's a good business model in the long term.

2) You responded to my original post with some hyperbolic rubbish about me wishing the club had just died. Completely missing my point and instead being a bit of an arsehole because you didn't like my alternative take. The standard of debate on Kickback is truly dreadful.

3) You shouldn't cry when someone makes a negative assessment of Ann Budge. Because it makes you look foolish.