Budge should leave at the end of the season

DB-14

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Then, not for the first time, I’d say you are talking bollox. Of course we exist. 

What I witnessed in that stadium and on the park tonight was not life Dave.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, i8hibsh said:

What I witnessed in that stadium and on the park tonight was not life Dave.

It’s life, but not as we know it, or expect it. 

portobellojambo1
26 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Did she punt him?

If so, why is he still employed by the club?

I suspect it is all down to money, in as much as continuing to pay him monthly may be manageable, whereas giving him a lump sum when he was removed as manager and turned down the opportunity to revert to DoF, may have been difficult to cover financially. Even more so when it now appears the new manager will be bringing his own coaching staff with him and we may have to pay him some sort of up front payment (not sure if compensation is the right word) and possibly make payments to the coaching staff we release. Even more of a worry is just how much money will be available to the new manager during the January transfer window, because there is some serious surgery required on the playing staff, which may again also involve some financial pay offs to end existing contracts as well

Edited by portobellojambo1

36 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Genuinely what are you on about? She’s not got a track record and had no experience of running a club prior acquiring us. You’re just a slaver.

She has a track record of being successful in business which is being reflected in the off field growth. She had no idea about football which she is upfront about but has set about putting that right. 
If you think I’m slavering well I don’t give a shit. I will stick with Budge as CEO for now. If you are in unhappy then voice you’re opinion to FoH or at the next AGM where you can vote Budge out. 

Edited by Dannie Boy
Unhappy

54 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hardly made him feel loved did they? Compare and contrast with Barnsley fans treatment of a manager who did a worse job than Neilson was doing with us. Neilson never had us outside the top 3 in 2.5 seasons. Scored goals for fun and had a tight defence. No team hammered us by 5, and we only got 4 past us a couple of times I think. And we scored 3, 4 or more on a quite a few occasions. The real myths are that Neilson had "taken us as far as he could" and played "eye bleeding football".

Maybe “goals for fun” in the championship,  so credit to him for that, but not afterwards.

It was poor football he played, and he had taken us as far as he could. You seem to have forgotten the cup match, Birkirkara, and too many games where he tried to see out whole 2nd half’s when we were 1-0 up.

1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Define "punt" he's still playing a big part at the club. It's a ****ing joke. She must think we all zip up the back.

Agree. Those are his players and Nanny his assistant playing the system his coaches have put in place. Nothing has changed only Levein not manager in name 

Can the FOH ask her to stand down. We really need to look to appoint and CEO that can move the club forward on the pitch. She has done immense work off the park that cant be denied but we are heading for relegation no matter who is in charge. The devide amongst the support is worrying. Happy for her to continue as owner but we need a better figurehead to steer us through what is going to be a horrible few months.

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I suspect it is all down to money, in as much as continuing to pay him monthly may be manageable, whereas giving him a lump sum when he was removed as manager and turned down the opportunity to revert to DoF, may have been difficult to cover financially. Even more so when it now appears the new manager will be bringing his own coaching staff with him and we may have to pay him some sort of up front payment (not sure if compensation is the right word) and possibly make payments to the coaching staff we release. Even more of a worry is just how much money will be available to the new manager during the January transfer window, because there is some serious surgery required on the playing staff, which may again also involve some financial pay offs to end existing contracts as well

If she punted him but couldn’t afford to pay him off then why wasn’t he put on gardening leave?

And if he was sacked, why is he happy to stay and work in another role with vastly inferior responsibilities rather than seek a payout?

1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

If she punted him but couldn’t afford to pay him off then why wasn’t he put on gardening leave?

And if he was sacked, why is he happy to stay and work in another role with vastly inferior responsibilities rather than seek a payout?

I think both your points are linked. 

1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Nah. Levein was the problem and she punted him. She deserves huge credit if she gets Stendel over the line.

Depends what you mean by punting him - still at Tynecastle, still taking a wage, still giving her advice.....

15 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

She has a track record of being successful in business which is being reflected in the off field growth. She had no idea about football which she is upfront about but has set about putting that right. 
If you think I’m slavering well I don’t give a shit. I will stick with Budge as CEO for now. If you are in unhappy then voice you’re opinion to FoH or at the next AGM where you can vote Budge out. 

AGREE 100%

The easiest thing in the world is to be a keyboard warrior who rants and raves about anything and everything but has no solutions to put forward

Given the level of abuse what I consider to be a successful owner gets who would want to be on the end of abuse from some fans who think a contribution entitles them to be choosing staff, players and managers.

Here's the reality a winning team and none of you would be on here complaining even if everything else with the club was a disaster. Some of you managed to get rid of a decent Hearts manager a couple of seasons or so ago and now you seek instant success seeing everything in black and white when most know there are shades of grey....that however does not get you claps on the back from some of the moaning minnies on here

You're either with them or against them with nothing inbetween

Libertonian_II
2 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Nah. Levein was the problem and she punted him. She deserves huge credit if she gets Stendel over the line.

This

Libertonian_II
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Nah... looks like Siva is going to looking for a job very soon we'll have him instead :lol:

Be snapped up by the next EPL team needing an "experienced manager"

Just now, Libertonian_II said:

Thing is, if Ann Budge went, who would her critics have in her place?

Stop asking them questions they need to answer

They can shout and moan all day but practical answers to genuine questions will frighten them

Will they have the footballing knowledge some demand though the vast majority of club owners have no more knowledge than our owner.  

I feel that a lot of the criticism of Ann is misplaced. Ultimately she has put a lot of faith in one individual - Craig Levein - and that has clearly backfired. For example, I'm pretty sure the appointment of Cathro was effectively Levein's decision and she just went along with it because she had convinced herself that Levein was a genius. 

I'm sure she will have learned from that though and that going forward she will not delegate so much to anyone. Over the piece Ann's done many positive things for the club and assuming Stendel comes in, I've got quite a good feeling about this appointment. 

2 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

She has overseen a complete disaster since Neilson left and we should say thanks and goodbye. Utter shambles she has left us with from trusting her pal Levein.

Aye barry.

Pure disaster.

Held up her side of things and then some.

Just as well receipts were not incumbent on entertainment.

Budge is under appreciated by some

That's for sure

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Not for me, and many others, on Neilson. He needed to move on. The problem was the decisions made, following Neilson leaving, mistake after mistake after....

Neilson didn’t need to move on. He really didn’t.

Guest ToqueJambo
55 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Maybe “goals for fun” in the championship,  so credit to him for that, but not afterwards.

It was poor football he played, and he had taken us as far as he could. You seem to have forgotten the cup match, Birkirkara, and too many games where he tried to see out whole 2nd half’s when we were 1-0 up.

Not just t championship. I think we were also second top scorers in the country in his first ever season managing on the top flight or just behind Aberdeen. Yeah that whole seeing out games to win points and keep us in the hunt was a nightmare!

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, Libertonian_II said:

Thing is, if Ann Budge went, who would her critics have in her place?

I'm not a recruitment consultant. However, a six figure salary should attract a number of applicants in sports related industries.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neilson didn’t need to move on. He really didn’t.

Yet he chose to do so for the bowels of English football of his own volition. Maybe we should have gone full Barnsley on him but we chose not to.

Ann Budge is guilty of two things:

1) letting Levein convince her he was the man to sort the shambles he created by hiring Cathro

2) allowing Levein more time to try sort the shambles he created in the first team himself

She hasn’t signed the players, she isn’t coaching them and she isn’t on the pitch playing.

It’s abundantly clear she is now trying to rectify her mistake, if she gets this appointment right then I see no need for her to go because aside from the mess Levein has created, the club is in great shape. Get the first team sorted and we’re in a good position all round, as a club. 

Libertonian_II
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm not a recruitment consultant. However, a six figure salary should attract a number of applicants in sports related industries.

Yet he chose to do so for the bowels of English football of his own volition. Maybe we should have gone full Barnsley on him but we chose not to.

Yeah but who is gonna do the recruiting? Still no valid answer😮

Libertonian_II
7 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

1) letting Levein convince her he was the man to sort the shambles he created by hiring Cathro

2) allowing Levein more time to try sort the shambles he created in the first team himself

She hasn’t signed the players, she isn’t coaching them and she isn’t on the pitch playing.

It’s abundantly clear she is now trying to rectify her mistake, if she gets this appointment right then I see no need for her to go because aside from the mess Levein has created, the club is in great shape. Get the first team sorted and we’re in a good position all round, as a club. 

That too

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Exactly. Fans can make mistakes too. Maybe next time we get a manager keeping us in the top 3 every season we can appreciate him more? Crazy talk I know.

Edited by ToqueJambo

26 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I feel that a lot of the criticism of Ann is misplaced. Ultimately she has put a lot of faith in one individual - Craig Levein - and that has clearly backfired. For example, I'm pretty sure the appointment of Cathro was effectively Levein's decision and she just went along with it because she had convinced herself that Levein was a genius. 

I'm sure she will have learned from that though and that going forward she will not delegate so much to anyone. Over the piece Ann's done many positive things for the club and assuming Stendel comes in, I've got quite a good feeling about this appointment. 

Decent summation. She  trusted CLs judgement on Cathro and she was too loyal in allowing him ample time to fix the aftermath. This is all on CL. 

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Garden leave is as it sounds but you still get all the terms of your employment contract but without having to work.He is working but in a different role so the cash situation is the same. There isn't normally a way to get out of a fixed term contract without paying the duration of the fixed term other wise the fixed term element is pointless for the employee.

Geoff Kilpatrick
28 minutes ago, Libertonian_II said:

Yeah but who is gonna do the recruiting? Still no valid answer😮

FoH. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly. Fans can make mistakes too. Maybe next time we get a manager keeping us in the top 3 every season we can appreciate him more? Crazy talk I know.

Maybe next time we get one of those he doesn't lose to a Maltese pub team, nor claim a cup replay against a lower league team after drawing at home is a "moneyspinner". Crazy talk I know.

PhoenixHearts

She should stay. The Levein thing was surely a mess but that's behind her. Everyone has a black mark on their record.

I suppose the problem is that she's not a "football person" so she had to have someone in a position to run that side for her, as is often the case for owners. Very few owners have anything to do with the running of the football department. Unfortunately she became too reliant and dependent on Levein. Admittedly he had been doing a fantastic job for the first couple years of the takeover, so I don't blame her for putting too much faith in him. She took too long to notice the rot, but she knows better now and will act accordingly.

Off the pitch is where her strength lies. If she can appoint a team to manage the football side of the club (what she *thought* she had in CL) then she can focus on her strength which is business of growing the HMFC brand and developing it into viable and attractive modern club on a larher scale than ever before.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

BangkokHearts
1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

The fact he allowed Hibs to come back from 2-0 down to beat us in a replay then go on to lift the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114 years or whatever it was had a lot to do with him leaving.

No Hearts Manager survives that.

He knew his time was up, and we knew it too.

Edited by BangkokHearts

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

She has overseen a complete disaster since Neilson left and we should say thanks and goodbye. Utter shambles she has left us with from trusting her pal Levein.

I'm glad someone has finally said this...

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Boab said:

That’s why MK Dons came in for him, because of those stats. Made him a very good offer and he left.

then he relegated them

:lol:

1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

Now this is a great post.

The drama queens calling her a cancer and claiming the club is dead are making fools of themselves.

She's definitely in last chance territory though.

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I’d rather you just left, tbh. Load of shite.

If we appoint Stendel and everything works out okay, then I don't mind her staying. The overall progress made at the club in general has been outstanding. Admittedly the first team has failed miserably since promotion to match expectations. She clearly put far too much faith in Levein and it backfired repeatedly. If the new guy/structure works out, then that will mean the first team is heading in the right direction.  

Should she, aye?  Got a few million in your pocket to buy her out?   Didn’t see anyone else round here put their hand up when the club was in trouble and fund the club to the tune of several million.

some people round here with short memories.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
20 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Should she, aye?  Got a few million in your pocket to buy her out?   Didn’t see anyone else round here put their hand up when the club was in trouble and fund the club to the tune of several million.

some people round here with short memories.  

What do you think the FoH contributions have been going towards?

Early next year, her debt will have been repaid. She will still keep a minority stake in the club as well.

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Her only real mistake has been her blind faith in Craig Levein. 
he was responsible for Cathro and the shambles ever since.

if she gets Stendel then it’ll go some way to ridding the dark clouds Levein has caused. That man has nigh on nearly sunk this club single handed

Reasoned post and bang on the money 💰 

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It’s not unwavering. This appointment is her last chance to get it right on the park. However, I’m still glad she provided the funds for us to get out of this situation. Better to be struggling now than not exist at all imo. 

I completely agree. 
It’s also better to be big enough to know the job is too big for you and realise that you are actually damaging the club by continuing. 
We are plodding along heading for relegation under her ownership. The time to go is now and get someone else in who will get the club back to where it should be. 

She trusted Levein, a guy with vast amounts of football knowledge. We performed well until the day Neilson left. The decisions Levein made after that day have left us in an absolutely atrocious state. 

If it wasnt for Ann Budges work on the business side of the club I dread to think where we’d be. We certainly wouldn’t be pursuing Stendel, we wouldn’t have international footballers and probably have a condemned notice  on the main stand. Through her business acumen, contacts and sheer hard work we’ll come through this. Be very very careful what you wish for, without Ann Budge things could get remarkably worse.

Craig Levein is entirely to blame for this mess, the first team and academy were his remit he’s lied to Ann Budge, the fans and most likely himself. It’s unforgivable what he’s done to Heart of Midlothian, it’s sickening him and his overinflated ego are still allowed to walk the corridors of Tynecastle.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

She trusted Levein, a guy with vast amounts of football knowledge. We performed well until the day Neilson left. The decisions Levein made after that day have left us in an absolutely atrocious state. 

If it wasnt for Ann Budges work on the business side of the club I dread to think where we’d be. We certainly wouldn’t be pursuing Stendel, we wouldn’t have international footballers and probably have a condemned notice  on the main stand. Through her business acumen, contacts and sheer hard work we’ll come through this. Be very very careful what you wish for, without Ann Budge things could get remarkably worse.

Craig Levein is entirely to blame for this mess, the first team and academy were his remit he’s lied to Ann Budge, the fans and most likely himself. It’s unforgivable what he’s done to Heart of Midlothian, it’s sickening him and his overinflated ego are still allowed to walk the corridors of Tynecastle.

Spot on.

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What do you think the FoH contributions have been going towards?

Early next year, her debt will have been repaid. She will still keep a minority stake in the club as well.

why shouldn’t she?  She took the business risk when the club was on its knees.

there would be no hearts without Ann.

5 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

then he relegated them

:lol:

Besides the point.

Only stating the reasons he left. The myth that he was hounded out by the fans has reared it ‘s head again.

He really wasn’t.

12 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

why shouldn’t she?  She took the business risk when the club was on its knees.

there would be no hearts without Ann.

Most level headed fans will always be eternally grateful to Ann for having a major part in saving the club. 

Your last sentence isn’t true though. There would be no Hearts without the fans also. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Most level headed fans will always be eternally grateful to Ann for having a major part in saving the club. 

Your last sentence isn’t true though. There would be no Hearts without the fans also. 

Of course.

Can’t remember the last figure for FOH contributions but it’s not to be sniffed at. A huge amount of money. Everyone who has put their hand in their pocket should be proud of that.