Budge should leave at the end of the season

DB-14

Geoff Kilpatrick
39 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

why shouldn’t she?  She took the business risk when the club was on its knees.

there would be no hearts without Ann.

I didn’t say she shouldn’t. Equally your claim about buying her out was ridiculous.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Libertonian_II said:

Be snapped up by the next EPL team needing an "experienced manager"

This is the thing about football management... you are only a dud until you get to another club where you flourish. It is a weird profession where you can do a great job at one club and be a total failure at another... the common factor here is the material you have to work with... there is some very dodgy material at Hearts right now :lol:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
35 minutes ago, Boab said:

Besides the point.

Only stating the reasons he left. The myth that he was hounded out by the fans has reared it ‘s head again.

He really wasn’t.

yeah I know I just added for a bit of context it wasn't directed at you  👍

see the folk folk longing for the days of neilson they'll be the same who were saying enjoy while we can as he was heading to the EPL

the ones who said he'd end up back at Falkirk or dundee Utd they were the silly ones - still are apparently 

:lol:

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

I completely agree. 
It’s also better to be big enough to know the job is too big for you and realise that you are actually damaging the club by continuing. 
We are plodding along heading for relegation under her ownership. The time to go is now and get someone else in who will get the club back to where it should be. 

She won’t go while she is major shareholder. I’m pretty sure of that. 

8 hours ago, Pagey said:

Garden leave is as it sounds but you still get all the terms of your employment contract but without having to work.He is working but in a different role so the cash situation is the same. There isn't normally a way to get out of a fixed term contract without paying the duration of the fixed term other wise the fixed term element is pointless for the employee.

Think my point was far too subtle for everyone. 

11 hours ago, Boab said:

Six months too late, some say a year too late.

We are where we are because she didn’t punt him, not because she did.

There are people who say we should have punted him while top of the league?

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

There are people who say we should have punted him while top of the league?

I was meaning after the Semi against the demons. That started a run of one win in ten games, culminating in the horror show at Livi. That was a year ago next week.

That was the time to punt. A year ago !

13 minutes ago, Boab said:

I was meaning after the Semi against the demons. That started a run of one win in ten games, culminating in the horror show at Livi. That was a year ago next week.

When we were still near the top of the league? 🤔

What a bunch of ungrateful sods!

All these experts in their own particular field of business, all these brilliant business strategists, all these brilliant man managers; why haven't you applied for the job?  (That's if you have one, that is).  Of course, the infiltrators only job is to stir up crap on here. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and those who conveniently forget the off field achievements and suggest she could go  well, I wish they would take their own advice.

She's made some bad mistakes which are costing us a shite season.

Can't see any advantage in getting rid of her if she gets this managerial appointment right.

While we have had two successive managers who have failed to deliver on the park, there is an awful lot more to Mrs B running Hearts and her very significant part in keeping the club in existence. The Business side seems to be going well, and without that acumen we can forget about success on the park. For the majority of us i expect that it's all about the success on the park. Under Mrs B tenure the beginning was way beyond our wildest dreams, immediate promotion, and up near the top of the league when Neilson left. (Some people were still not happy the way we were going at that at that point !!)

Then we slid down the hill, the Cathro experiment was a disaster. Then no one could have predicted how bad we would be over the last year.

So now there is a fix coming, instead of wasting energy and being critical we should get behind the the whole club and get back on the road to success, get behind and support the players. The club including the players will respond much better to being supported than being kicked while they are down.

Just now, davemclaren said:

When we were still near the top of the league? 🤔

Ha !

4th actually !

The writing was on the wall after the Livi game. Aye, we picked up a bit but let’s be honest here, the Cup run saved his bacon.

All under the bridge now of course but the affects of it are still there. Starkly so !

Budge still doesn’t understand what running a football club is about. No 1 priority is what’s happening on the park. Everything else follows.

It was obvious to everyone last season that Levein had to go. She showed far too much loyalty in not sacking him after Livi away, and then not sacking him after the Cup Final. As a result this season is a total write off and will cost the club millions in lost revenue.

And I’m dubious that he’s been sacked now. If he had been, why is he still hanging around like a bad smell. Something doesn’t add up.

Edited by amadjambo

28 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

All these experts in their own particular field of business, all these brilliant business strategists, all these brilliant man managers; why haven't you applied for the job?  (That's if you have one, that is).  Of course, the infiltrators only job is to stir up crap on here. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and those who conveniently forget the off field achievements and suggest she could go  well, I wish they would take their own advice.

This

12 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Nah. Levein was the problem and she punted him. She deserves huge credit if she gets Stendel over the line.

He's still there...

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Edit: ignore, misread your post!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Once Mrs Budge has been paid back in full I would think she would be quite happy to step aside.

She's done her best but been let down by the man she trusted to run the on field side of things.

Despite saving the club and turning the club into a success story business wise with record turnover people want her to quit. In her position I would go now and enjoy my retirement.

It's not worth the hassle Hearts fans have a habit of turning on people who have saved our club.

What I would like to know is what vision for the future do people have for when Mrs Budge hands over the reigns ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Budge still doesn’t understand what running a football club is about. No 1 priority is what’s happening on the park. Everything else follows.

It was obvious to everyone last season that Levein had to go. She showed far too much loyalty in not sacking him after Livi away, and then not sacking him after the Cup Final. As a result this season is a total write off and will cost the club millions in lost revenue.

And I’m dubious that he’s been sacked now. If he had been, why is he still hanging around like a bad smell. Something doesn’t add up.

It is ridiculous that he’s still in the background. Budge is so clueless that she can’t even see it.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

It’s quite easy to forget the off field achievements when we are absolutely horse-shit at the one thing everyone actually bothers about. I would happily sacrifice everything she has done (lots of it excellent) off the field for a better football team. I’m not even talking winning trophies here just back to being a consistent top 4 club with a few good players and bringing young players through. 

Just now, luckydug said:

Once Mrs Budge has been paid back in full I would think she would be quite happy to step aside.

She's done her best but been let down by the man she trusted to run the on field side of things.

Despite saving the club and turning the club into a success story business wise with record turnover people want her to quit. In her position I would go now and enjoy my retirement.

It's not worth the hassle Hearts fans have a habit of turning on people who have saved our club.

What I would like to know is what vision for the future do people have for when Mrs Budge hands over the reigns ?

We know what it will be, no ?

FOH will be the major shareholder and will effectively be in control of the club.

13 minutes ago, Boab said:

We know what it will be, no ?

FOH will be the major shareholder and will effectively be in control of the club.

I was thinking more along the lines of who would we get as a CEO and what would the structure of the club be like.

In other words who would we get to abuse next ☺

I’m sure every fan realises and acknowledges what great work Budge has done off the field to turn the club around. But it’s also naive of people to think that her reputation and legacy aren’t being seriously tarnished by this season’s shambles. If we get relegated, god forbid, a shiny new stand won’t mean a damn thing.

9 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I’m sure every fan realises and acknowledges what great work Budge has done off the field to turn the club around. But it’s also naive of people to think that her reputation and legacy aren’t being seriously tarnished by this season’s shambles. If we get relegated, god forbid, a shiny new stand won’t mean a damn thing.

Our 5 year plan has provided the womens team winning their league,which will result in the footballing dept being a success

Just now, luckydug said:

I was thinking more along the lines of who would we get as a CEO and what would the structure of the club be like.

In other words who would we get to abuse next ☺

Not me.

They will get praise if they do well and criticism if they mess up.

Simples !

4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Most level headed fans will always be eternally grateful to Ann for having a major part in saving the club. 

Your last sentence isn’t true though. There would be no Hearts without the fans also. 

We would have been liquidated and be The Hearts now.

Budge's involvement was not just allowing the saviour of the club, she continues to work with no salary. I would guess that she has a good relationship with the "Benefactors", this could all be lost if she were to depart.

I agree that the on field displays must improve, this will not be lost on her. She has backed the manager and allowed the funds to spent on a squad that should be achieving more.

Be careful what you wish for, some joker like Peruvian Ron, or those charlatans that have lined their pockets at Ibrox.

All the commercial activities, new stand and even the women's team will generate revenue and help build a better team by raising income over many years. Any change in the ownership, in my opinion is leap into the unknown  it might work out, but we risk losing the biggest potential to improve to our club, certainly in my lifetime.

I went to her stadium last night and was uncomfortable the entire time.  It was so quiet I had to whisper my conversation with my pal the entire game.  This then transfers onto the pitch and the players looked as uncomfortable as the fans feel.  Fans scared to shout obscenities, too much apathy to even "boo", and the goal created nothing more than a 1 second 'yeah!'

This whole ‘she is a great businesswoman’ is such a myth.  Take us.  We are a football team and as a football team we are failing – where is the success here?  You can have all the spicy hot dogs, non-alcoholic beers and empty fans bars you want – we are failing quite spectacularly, we are a shambles from top to bottom and our results are getting worse week in week out.

To many we are creating more laughs than the Edinburgh fringe, the customers are dwindling and the overall feeling and enthusiasm for her product is at an all-time low.  I genuinely don’t think I will ever be a proud Jambo again until she is on her yacht sailing into the sunset.  When 71 Livingston fans outsing you on your own patch and make fun of your home calling it a library you know enough is enough.

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I went to her stadium last night and was uncomfortable the entire time.  It was so quiet I had to whisper my conversation with my pal the entire game.  This then transfers onto the pitch and the players looked as uncomfortable as the fans feel.  Fans scared to shout obscenities, too much apathy to even "boo", and the goal created nothing more than a 1 second 'yeah!'

This whole ‘she is a great businesswoman’ is such a myth.  Take us.  We are a football team and as a football team we are failing – where is the success here?  You can have all the spicy hot dogs, non-alcoholic beers and empty fans bars you want – we are failing quite spectacularly, we are a shambles from top to bottom and our results are getting worse week in week out.

To many we are creating more laughs than the Edinburgh fringe, the customers are dwindling and the overall feeling and enthusiasm for her product is at an all-time low.  I genuinely don’t think I will ever be a proud Jambo again until she is on her yacht sailing into the sunset.  When 71 Livingston fans outsing you on your own patch and make fun of your home calling it a library you know enough is enough.

Ah, the halcyon days of 8 months ago when you last rolled up eh, mate !

You must have seen big changes !

😏

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

But not managing the team. 

But still offering advice to his pal.....

15 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Finally people starting to realise Ann Budge is now becoming an absolute cancer to this club. 

We’ll go down and people will still back her.

Just WOW. Wasn't aware of a cancer that CURED a dying person. We were f'n dead and buried and without her we wouldn't be playing in any division.

She has made mistakes. She put far too much faith in Craig Levein and backed him for far too long. To describe her as a cancer is nothing short of ridiculous. 

I've seen a chairman who would have sold Tynecastle and had us playing at a rugby stadium. Think about that.

15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neilson was supported by Budge (she was right with hindsight) and booed and worse by our own fans (they were wrong). That's the point here.

Yes the fans who booed Neilson were wrong - and they have been well and truly punished by the appointment of Cathro and Levein!

She's done a lot of good off the park, there's no question about that.But the failures on the park and being ever-reliant on a totally howling manager to advise on almost everything, makes me think we need someone who appreciates that results come before everything and who has a basic understanding of football.

She's overseen almost 5 seasons and at least 3 of them have been utter crap. Maybe we need someone who cares about the support and what they think, not just treating us as a solid and reliable income stream?

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

But still offering advice to his pal.....

I imagine if she asks him a question he’ll answer it. Only polite. 😎

15 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

I thought they were the Levein defence league. They only wanted respect for Budge and Levein, but not for 1000’s of Hearts fans who have been shortchanged

How have you been short changed? Where does it say anywhere that following a football team and buying a ticket means you ‘deserve’ to see a winning team? We’d obviously all like that but it’s never been guaranteed in my 35 years of following hearts. 

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine if she asks him a question he’ll answer it. Only polite. 😎

No just stupid. 😉

The Real Maroonblood
15 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The only thing Budge has been guilty of is loyalty. A mistake I don’t think she’ll ever make again. 

Loyalty has been her downfall unfortunately. 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Yip, on the football side of things. I don’t think we will see these mistakes again tho. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yip, on the football side of things. I don’t think we will see these mistakes again tho. 

Hopefully not.

8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

To an extent I agree however it is also down to the fact that she does not know anyone to give her advice on footballing matters.

Despite the fact she removed CL from two positions within the club he is still here and was with her on her recent trip to Manchester. Why??

Just now, wavydavy said:

To an extent I agree however it is also down to the fact that she does not know anyone to give her advice on footballing matters.

Despite the fact she removed CL from two positions within the club he is still here and was with her on her recent trip to Manchester. Why??

Maybe he set that relationship up and Man City asked he continue on that as they were very happy working with him. Maybe he was introducing the guys at Man City to Ann as part of a handover. 

Who knows, could be a variety of valid reasons. 

16 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

She has overseen a complete disaster since Neilson left and we should say thanks and goodbye. Utter shambles she has left us with from trusting her pal Levein.

16 hours ago, SectionN said:

Yes. Lost faith in her leadership.

:cornette::berra::mellow::facepalm::getout:

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Fair points.

It's all so depressing. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe he set that relationship up and Man City asked he continue on that as they were very happy working with him. Maybe he was introducing the guys at Man City to Ann as part of a handover. 

Who knows, could be a variety of valid reasons. 

Now if we had done things the way AB said she was going to and appointed a Sporting Director before a Manager then he/she  could have dealt with that matter rather than taking up her valuable time.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Your first paragraph answers the second !

Just now, wavydavy said:

Now if we had done things the way AB said she was going to and appointed a Sporting Director before a Manager then he/she  could have dealt with that matter rather than taking up her valuable time.

I don’t disagree with that, if that was why she went. 😂

Just now, Boab said:

Your first paragraph answers the second !

So she is still taking advice from the guy that gives 4 year deals to the likes of Damour and she has just sacked from two positions within the club.

Sounds about right. 😍

Just now, wavydavy said:

So she is still taking advice from the guy that gives 4 year deals to the likes of Damour and she has just sacked from two positions within the club.

Sounds about right. 😍

Very much looks like it.

4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Because Colin, they love to hear the sound of their stomachs rumbling.   Ann has made mistakes both with the management and the stadium development but it is her investment and her money.  THANK YOU  The only solution is to bring forward the handover to FOH, Ann takes her money out of the pot and sails into the sunset.  But I expect the same voices of discontent, that probably invested bugger all in the club, will still bleat away regardless.      

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

So what you going to do about it, apart from call her names on a fans forum like an 8 year old child?

She is a great business woman why do you keep disputing this fact? You are aware she is trying to get us a manager who completely galvanised the support at his last club.

Where did you sit last night?