Budge should leave at the end of the season

DB-14

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

At least not as deluded as Budge who thinks top 4 is a realistic target for the new manager this season!  I feel sorry for him already.

Worst record in the league over a near 14 month period and we’ve drawn a blank in front of goal for 10 of the last 13 games. That shit takes a lot of sorting out. We ain’t going on a 5/6/7 game unbeaten run anytime soon.

Looking at the fixtures up until February and where we’re likely to be sitting come then, I’d bite your hand off for a 10th place finish!

Edited by Whatever

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/12/2019 at 06:51, GinRummy said:

Aye, maybe. I suppose a part of me is concerned about who might be next. Fear of the unknown a wee bit.

That’s exactly where I am at. I only formed that opinion when she employed Stendel, as before that, I wanted her gone at the end of her tenure 

I think she fully backs Stendel and has put her faith in him. My main concern now isn’t so much that she moves on, it’s who will come in to replace her. That person might not fancy Stendel and decide to rip it up again 

She made a grave grave mistake with employing Levein in any capacity but she has realised that now. If she backs Stendel AND helps get his back room team on board then that is less risky than employing someone else, who may just start ripping things up and changing things again 

We need stability right now and no more change other than the old guard out and the new guard in. That’s the final piece. if AB gives that stability in the sense of giving Stendel the right amount of time to sort us out, then this is the best option currently as far as I am concerned and a far less risky option 

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

That’s exactly where I am at. I only formed that opinion when she employed Stendel, as before that, I wanted her gone at the end of her tenure 

I think she fully backs Stendel and has put her faith in him. My main concern now isn’t so much that she moves on, it’s who will come in to replace her. That person might not fancy Stendel and decide to rip it up again 

She made a grave grave mistake with employing Levein in any capacity but she has realised that now. If she backs Stendel AND helps get his back room team on board then that is less risky than employing someone else, who may just start ripping things up and changing things again 

We need stability right now and no more change other than the old guard out and the new guard in. That’s the final piece. if AB gives that stability in the sense of giving Stendel the right amount of time to sort us out, then this is the best option currently as far as I am concerned and a far less risky option 

Very good post. Sums it all up nicely.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

At least not as deluded as Budge who thinks top 4 is a realistic target for the new manager this season!  I feel sorry for him already.

Surely she hasn’t said that? Give the guy a chance ffs

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Source and not a Get Top Four Done unsubstantiated propaganda reply.

Allowayjambo1874

If AB continues, and at the moment that seems like the logical and least disruptive scenario, then Hearts fans have to accept she has flaws as a CEO and there may be consequences as a result.

Organisationally and financially she’s top notch, even though the argument around the overspend on the main stand continues, that overspend has been financed through third parties and has not affected the overall player budget.

On the negative side her decision making on the football front has been appalling, both Cathro and Levein were given far too long and have resulted in two arguably three wasted seasons. I don’t know if she is uber loyal to people or dithers when having to make tough decisions but she’s not learnt from her mistakes and if she continues for a while we could see a repeat performance if the brown stuff hits the fan.

I pray that this won’t be case and DS turns it round and is extremely successful but as a group of supporters I reckon we have to be cognisant of the pros and cons of AB at the wheel.

I don't see how anyone can be making assumptions/predictions on where we will finish, we have 4 absolutely key players to return from injury and a January transfer window where a fully supported Stendel would ensure change.

Right now I've seen a new approach and a attitude. The new approach will suit the 4 injured players and if Stendel can do something out of the ordinary for Hearts and find an actual goal scorer then our fortunes could change dramatically.

Obviously the flip side is none of this comes to fruition and we continue to play like the worst team in the league and end up in the championship.

4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Don’t think she should go but maybe she should,  some ungrateful Torags on here

How long do we need to be grateful for Clerry?

For saving the club - For Ever

The Unfinished  Stand overspend? - Probably Not

Her Handling of the most important aspect of Heart of Midlothian? - Not using the evidence of the last 2/3 years

Allowing Levein to be disorganised, and producing the worst football team in our lifetime? - No

The lack of decisiveness letting Levein continue until we are bottom of the League? - Most definitely Not!!

The Real Maroonblood
On 15/12/2019 at 08:42, Leveins Battalion said:

Even if we got relegated some on here would still defend both her and Levein,absolute madness.They are both culpable for the gross mismanagement of this football club.Even now we have a new manager trying to find his way but having the stench of the previous regime lingering around the halls of Riccarton and Tynecastle.

I have seen no evidence that the academy is producing talent (Hickey aside).It has been 5 years now since administration and we are in a worse mess now (football wise)

The amount of signings is beyond comprehension.Our scouting and rerecruitment is allowed to continuously under achieve.Having an internal reshuffle will achieve nothing.

We are in real trouble here,a team at rock bottom,a fanbase so far apart in support for the team,an owner so far out of touch with the support,a sterile atmosphere in the stadium and poor Daniel Stendel in amongst this trying to get a band of journeymen,old pros coming to and end of their career,injury prone and frankly players not fit to wear the Hearts shirt functioning as a team.

This is a sad time to be a Hearts fan.

👍

Adam_the_legend
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Surely she hasn’t said that? Give the guy a chance ffs

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not aware she has. 

I definitely recall it being reported. Think it was a press conference. DS was sitting next to her and she said something along the lines of (paraphrasing) we still expect top 6 but I think we could still make the European places. 🤦🏼‍♂️

found it: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budge-issues-daniel-stendel-21100225.amp

Edited by Adam_the_legend

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Source and not a Get Top Four Done unsubstantiated propaganda reply.

See 5 posts below yours.  Still think I made it up Colin?  

25 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I definitely recall it being reported. Think it was a press conference. DS was sitting next to her and she said something along the lines of (paraphrasing) we still expect top 6 but I think we could still make the European places. 🤦🏼‍♂️

found it: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budge-issues-daniel-stendel-21100225.amp

Not quite a target of top 4 though. 

Adam_the_legend
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not quite a target of top 4 though. 

Even mentioning it shows naivety. Top 6, at an absolute push, could be a reasonable target but I’d hope she is saying to DS behind the scenes, make sure we don’t get relegated, do your best to build for next season. She does come out with stuff quite regularly which makes me think she still does t quite understand football. 

Edited by Adam_the_legend

10 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Even mentioning it shows naivety. Top 6, at an absolute push, could be a reasonable target but I’d hope she is saying to DS behind the scenes, make sure we don’t get relegated, do your best to build for next season. She does come out with stuff quite regularly which makes me think she still does t quite understand football. 

She said when appointing Craig as manager that she realised after the interviews that they had the right man all along working as DOF. She then stated last week that she had never considered Craig till he persuaded her to give him the job. 

Top 6 would be incredible considering where we are. 

She's waffled plenty of shite in regards the footballing department past few seasons and been plenty slow to react to the patently obvious in front of her own eyes.

Painted herself into a corner and now has to back Stendel all in  ,which I believe she will , let's hope he has an eye for a player unlike the previous ****wits.

I don't want to be hearing the ludicrous shite that we'll be doing this or that , heard enough of that laughable nonsense past few seasons.

Let's do our talking in the transfer market January and on the pitch thereafter.

Top 4 is for those that still believe in Santa Clause.

Top 6 would be the equivalent of winning the league from the position we are in.

Along with those that understand football I would gladly settle for 7th to 10th this season and build properly in the summer after the much needed clear out of the football dead weights and, dare I say it, even some of those on the Board that are complicit in or have remained silent through this whole debacle.

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

That’s putting it politely

8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Tell me where she said that?? 

3 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

How long do we need to be grateful for Clerry?

For saving the club - For Ever

The Unfinished  Stand overspend? - Probably Not

Her Handling of the most important aspect of Heart of Midlothian? - Not using the evidence of the last 2/3 years

Allowing Levein to be disorganised, and producing the worst football team in our lifetime? - No

The lack of decisiveness letting Levein continue until we are bottom of the League? - Most definitely Not!!

She hasn't handled the Levein saga well, however she has admitted that.  The stand overspend, ok you can aim that at her obviously, however it's a marvellous new stand to be proud of considering what we had and were we came from.

Don't forget mate this is all the football dept to blame for the "shite" we have had to endure in recent seasons.

In the summer though I would say the majority of fans would have been happy with the quality we brought in - Halkett, Washingston, resigning Naisy, Whelan, even Damour who I thought had his best game in a maroon jersey last night.

Budge has given our club a more than good enough budget which should be challenging top end, we know who is to blame for our predicament

19 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Tell me where she said that?? 

read her last press conference

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

She said when appointing Craig as manager that she realised after the interviews that they had the right man all along working as DOF. She then stated last week that she had never considered Craig till he persuaded her to give him the job

That was one big porkie from Ann!

Leveins Battalion

Off park Hearts have never been better run in my lifetime.Everything is in place now to kick on.

There is one person to blame for the football team and we all know who he is.

How much damage he has truly caused is still unknown,how do we know he has not made an arse of the academy aswell?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
50 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

She hasn't handled the Levein saga well, however she has admitted that.  The stand overspend, ok you can aim that at her obviously, however it's a marvellous new stand to be proud of considering what we had and were we came from.

Don't forget mate this is all the football dept to blame for the "shite" we have had to endure in recent seasons.

In the summer though I would say the majority of fans would have been happy with the quality we brought in - Halkett, Washingston, resigning Naisy, Whelan, even Damour who I thought had his best game in a maroon jersey last night.

Budge has given our club a more than good enough budget which should be challenging top end, we know who is to blame for our predicament

With regards to Levein, it’s not enough to say “she admitted it.” She admitted it far, far too late and we’re in the result danger we’re in at the moment because she either couldn’t or wouldn’t accept the reality of the shambles unfolding. We literally needed to be bottom of the table before she felt forced to act.

She also hasn’t really admitted it because Levein is still in the building and not a single person has left the club. We’ve got a truly remarkable situation where McPhee - as a kiddy on sporting director - will try to convince clubs that players who were signed by a regime which he was central to and proved to be utter shite are worth signing. It’s beyond parody.

If we do go down, Budge’s incompetence will be impossible to hide from, even for the club propagandists on here.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

She said when appointing Craig as manager that she realised after the interviews that they had the right man all along working as DOF. She then stated last week that she had never considered Craig till he persuaded her to give him the job. 

Presumably this is the lies that Tom English was alluding to?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
39 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yup. Doesn’t add up and sounded like total shite right from the start tbf

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Off park Hearts have never been better run in my lifetime.Everything is in place now to kick on.

How much damage he has truly caused is still unknown,how do we know he has not made an arse of the academy aswell?

I am afraid Budge was far too weak allowing Levein to take over as Head Coach when she was uncomfortable with it! She really needed to show strong leadership as our CEO - we are all now suffering because of her failure to take a hard line with him!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
41 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I am afraid Budge was far too weak allowing Levein to take over as Head Coach when she was uncomfortable with it! She really needed to show strong leadership as our CEO - we are all now suffering because of her failure to take a hard line with him!

Shame she felt the need to outright lie to us all back then.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Queen Ann has been lying to the rank and file for years - there’s been a few whoppers which she’s been caught out with and now under more scrutiny she’s starting to rightly get called-out for a few things

previously most folk were so pathetically in awe of Queen Ann that they couldn’t see it and/or were too busy calling those that could hibs fans

just a few weeks ago she was saying that she thought levein was doing a “really good job”

i know now he’s not popular, it hasn’t worked out and he hasn’t been properly sacked but she’s throwing him under the bus at every opportunity in the media

time to go Queen Ann but thanks for the good things and maybe Stendel could be a great parting gift

51 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Shame she felt the need to outright lie to us all back then.

Indeed - sad really. 😏

11 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I tend to agree with this. 

All the folk spouting their opinions on here(as they are entitled to) I notice not a single one was prepared to stick their head over the parapet yesterday at the AGM. 

I reckon that's because if someone had stood up and demanded a show of hands as a vote of confidence, Mrs Budge would likely have offered to quit at the end of the season. 

It's easy to spaff shite on an Internet forum, it's much more difficult to do something about it. 

Either put up or shut up. 

3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I refuse to accept the Budge has managed the building of the new stand well. The overspend is utterly ridiculous. How anyone can defend the original cost and then what the cost has spiralled to now is beyond me. Still not finished yet either. 

I worry that that the kids coming out the Academy aren’t tough enough or streetwise enough. It all feels a bit too soft for me. 

5 minutes ago, henry said:

I refuse to accept the Budge has managed the building of the new stand well. The overspend is utterly ridiculous. How anyone can defend the original cost and then what the cost has spiralled to now is beyond me. Still not finished yet either. 

I worry that that the kids coming out the Academy aren’t tough enough or streetwise enough. It all feels a bit too soft for me. 

What does ‘too soft’ actually mean? 🤷🏼‍♂️

25 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I tend to agree with this. 

All the folk spouting their opinions on here(as they are entitled to) I notice not a single one was prepared to stick their head over the parapet yesterday at the AGM. 

I reckon that's because if someone had stood up and demanded a show of hands as a vote of confidence, Mrs Budge would likely have offered to quit at the end of the season. 

It's easy to spaff shite on an Internet forum, it's much more difficult to do something about it. 

Either put up or shut up. 

You do the 'spaffing' plenty of times so a bit rich coming from you

Still waiting for your evidence but with nothing to find you'll just spout lies like Trump and hope nobody notices 

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You do the 'spaffing' plenty of times so a bit rich coming from you

Still waiting for your evidence but with nothing to find you'll just spout lies like Trump and hope nobody notices 

At least I don't carry grudges from one thread to another. 

Your last paragraph = WTF are you on about ? 

So what's your view on Mrs Budge ? 🤔

She took on a massive wide-ranging basket case of a project. She put her money on the table when no-one else would. 
A lot of the areas she was not expert in but she took them on anyway.  Football was one of them so she brought in an experienced head, who had a strong link to Hearts and what we would all say was a PHM. She then focussed on the other areas. The new stand was another area she had no experience with. She consulted “experts” on cost and design and progressed that.  On the footballing side, things initially exceeded expectations (promotion year 1, good first year in Premier League). All good. Get on with other areas. Stand then started to go adrift. Cut and run? No. Find millions to fund the escalating costs. Then football starts to go adrift. Change manager.  Injuries increase.  Increase player budget. Suspend other projects. Pitch not acceptable. Re-new short-term £100k. Re-do long term £1m. What support did she have?  Only football experience support  was the issue (Levein). Strung along that things will improve when injuries subside.  More funds for deeper pool. Finally loses patience. Removes Levein from managers role. Looks for longer term managerial solution. One manager stands out.  Stendel. Contract issues. Duck the problem and go to next best?  No. Hold out for him. Appoint him with possibility of some kind of challenge and financial compensation. (Most likely any claim will be settled by “benefactors”). 

keyboard warriors on here have the brass neck to personally abuse her, talk about getting her out (when she still owns the club) and generally question her motivations, even claiming some financial benefit (for someone retired on multi million pounds of assets seems bizarre). 

She could have/should have cut and run when the going got tough. Who stepped in to help at any stage?  No-one. She has shouldered this all herself and numerous people on here have done nothing but have a go at her. 

All feel proud of yourselves and big men for posting this abuse from a safe distance and contributing bugger all but lack of respect for the one person that saved the club? 

I'm surprised she has accepted this and carried on and, despite her failings (which she has publicly  admitted), I am 100% grateful for what she has done for us and the legacy she will leave us of a complete stadium, a fully functioning academy and no debt. How many of our previous owners left any kind of positive legacy?  

I think more respect is due. 

2 minutes ago, Sid said:

She took on a massive wide-ranging basket case of a project. She put her money on the table when no-one else would. 
A lot of the areas she was not expert in but she took them on anyway.  Football was one of them so she brought in an experienced head, who had a strong link to Hearts and what we would all say was a PHM. She then focussed on the other areas. The new stand was another area she had no experience with. She consulted “experts” on cost and design and progressed that.  On the footballing side, things initially exceeded expectations (promotion year 1, good first year in Premier League). All good. Get on with other areas. Stand then started to go adrift. Cut and run? No. Find millions to fund the escalating costs. Then football starts to go adrift. Change manager.  Injuries increase.  Increase player budget. Suspend other projects. Pitch not acceptable. Re-new short-term £100k. Re-do long term £1m. What support did she have?  Only football experience support  was the issue (Levein). Strung along that things will improve when injuries subside.  More funds for deeper pool. Finally loses patience. Removes Levein from managers role. Looks for longer term managerial solution. One manager stands out.  Stendel. Contract issues. Duck the problem and go to next best?  No. Hold out for him. Appoint him with possibility of some kind of challenge and financial compensation. (Most likely any claim will be settled by “benefactors”). 

keyboard warriors on here have the brass neck to personally abuse her, talk about getting her out (when she still owns the club) and generally question her motivations, even claiming some financial benefit (for someone retired on multi million pounds of assets seems bizarre). 

She could have/should have cut and run when the going got tough. Who stepped in to help at any stage?  No-one. She has shouldered this all herself and numerous people on here have done nothing but have a go at her. 

All feel proud of yourselves and big men for posting this abuse from a safe distance and contributing bugger all but lack of respect for the one person that saved the club? 

I'm surprised she has accepted this and carried on and, despite her failings (which she has publicly  admitted), I am 100% grateful for what she has done for us and the legacy she will leave us of a complete stadium, a fully functioning academy and no debt. How many of our previous owners left any kind of positive legacy?  

Totally agree, she has the interest of the club at heart and it boggles the mind that anyone thinks there is some benevolent billionaire just itching to take over this shit storm only to get the same abuse she does.

Not going to happen and if she does tire of the abuse and abandons ship then the shit really would hit the fan.

Just now, Sid said:

She is no idiot. Like most of us, she can separate daft comments on a message board to constructive criticism about certain decision making.

And we don’t even need to go near the lobotomy level abuse elsewhere.

She gets respect. Plenty !

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Totally agree, she has the interest of the club at heart and it boggles the mind that anyone thinks there is some benevolent billionaire just itching to take over this shit storm only to get the same abuse she does.

Not going to happen and if she does tire of the abuse and abandons ship then the shit really would hit the fan.

I agree wholeheartedly with both you and Sid. 

Mrs Budge is only human though and it must hurt to suffer the abuse when all said and done she is doing her best and has the club's best interests at heart. 

It wouldn't be me if I was in her position. 

None of her critics had the guts to stand up at the AGM and ask her to go, empty vessels etc. 

The Queen of Hearts must rule Gorgie!

And if anyone else thinks otherwise let them have a go ....... if they think they are hard enough!

One for all and all for one!

I've not seen anywhere who the"benefactors" are? It would not surprise me in the least, If It  was revealed to be Ann Budge. Who else gives this financial backing ?

49 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

I've not seen anywhere who the"benefactors" are? It would not surprise me in the least, If It  was revealed to be Ann Budge. Who else gives this financial backing ?

Has to be either her or dependent on her for these 'benefactors' to want to be so beneficial.

2 hours ago, Jambothump said:

Pretty sure that if it was her then she would have to declare it seeing as she is the owner of the club.

Why would she have to declare it ?

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Pretty sure that if it was her then she would have to declare it seeing as she is the owner of the club.

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Has to be either her or dependent on her for these 'benefactors' to want to be so beneficial.

My other thought was that it was people who had business interests out with Hearts,, hibs,celtic,sevco   and did not want to upset that applecart ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don’t doubt that she does have the club’s interests at heart. But her recent management has been appalling and she needs to pass on control.

FOH is about to buy the club. There’s no reason why Ann should remain in charge. There are countless avenues out there to bring in new directors and executives. 

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t doubt that she does have the club’s interests at heart. But her recent management has been appalling and she needs to pass on control.

FOH is about to buy the club. There’s no reason why Ann should remain in charge. There are countless avenues out there to bring in new directors and executives. 

Correct.

Her race is run.