Budge should leave at the end of the season

DB-14

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

What’s budget got to do with timing?? And how do you know if he’s in or out of our budget? ITK?

League One pays way above what we do. Didn’t levein get 180k or so for two jobs. Stendel will be on double that potentially. Plus his staff. Plus a new SD. We’re pushing the boat out here and folk are still moaning.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forever Hearts
45 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hope you ain’t got kids mate... 😳

Two actually. And guess what? See when they hear somebody swearing at the football, they've forgotten about it by the time we get back to the car because they hear it at school and other places every day in life. Crazy eh? 

Feel sorry for her. Put all her faith in CL & is now being slaughtered for it. Probably never worked so hard in the last five years when she could have retired & been sitting on her cabin cruiser with her feet up. Couldn’t blame her if she gave up at the end of the season.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What on Earth!!! 

Not enough facepalms for that!!! 
It’s like going to the school going to Home matches. 

Seems reasonable when you buy a family stand ticket you want a family atmosphere. The story is why there is a need for that leaflet.

On 04/12/2019 at 22:26, jambo mark said:

We wouldn’t have a football club without this woman.

Shes earned the right to correct giving Levein to much power and time. This appointment upcoming will be her final BIG decision and she is taking the time to get it right. I accept that.

Its been all downhill since Neilson left. And it wasn’t budge who forced him out. It was the muppets in our own support. Probably the ones who now want her gone.

Exactly

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Easy to say but the fact is we’re going after a manager who would normally be considered out of our budget.

Just get Mr Ben E. Factor to stump up the dosh. 

:munny:

Forever Hearts
50 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Again, what about it appalls you?

Nothing about it appalls me. I just find it cringeworthy, patronising, a waste of time, paper and money and completely unnecessary. 👍

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He was and is very highly thought of by one of the EPL’s current best managers.

As a back room member of staff out of the limelight.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Just get Mr Ben E. Factor to stump up the dosh. 

:munny:

Probably what will happen. Nice to have an owner who cam generate that good will and no strings investment. But no, Budge Oot, Hang Budge!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

As a back room member of staff out of the limelight.

Obviously. Cathro’s idea of his own talent and I think Levein’s arrogance meant he got the Hearts job way too soon. He should have done what Ross did - and Levein himself - and start at a lower level.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Obviously. Cathro’s idea of his own talent and I think Levein’s arrogance meant he got the Hearts job way too soon. He should have done what Ross did - and Levein himself - and start at a lower level.

Agreed 👍

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What on Earth!!! 

If you’re still at school it’s cool.

Am I the only one thinking that there are parallels here with DS, gulp, and Gary Caldwell. Caldwell won League One, Stendel went up in second a couple of seasons later with a couple more wins than Caldwell's Wigan. Both binned shortly into Championship season. I believe their styles seem to be very different but maybe a bit of caution on immediate expectation required if Ann does get her man.

Sorry now moved this to DS thread

Edited by eyesandears
wrong thread

John mcCartney
1 hour ago, sac said:

Feel sorry for her. Put all her faith in CL & is now being slaughtered for it. Probably never worked so hard in the last five years when she could have retired & been sitting on her cabin cruiser with her feet up. Couldn’t blame her if she gave up at the end of the season.

Indeed ,the daughter must be going thru some shit as well chief.
Incredulous stuff,letting emotion get in the way of business sense and zeitgeist.
when your dealing with Hmfc,its polar.

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Two actually. And guess what? See when they hear somebody swearing at the football, they've forgotten about it by the time we get back to the car because they hear it at school and other places every day in life. Crazy eh? 

Insane. You could always just not swear in front of them, I suppose, but to each their own. 👍

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, rick witter said:

What on Earth!!! 

I hope it's not like the school you went to. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Insane. You could always just not swear in front of them, I suppose, but to each their own. 👍

I don't swear in front of them. Silly you for jumping to conclusions. 👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Probably what will happen. Nice to have an owner who cam generate that good will and no strings investment. But no, Budge Oot, Hang Budge!

You were a pro Levein man. Given how clueless you were about that, I’d have guessed that you’d have learned to keep your powder dry. 

31 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't swear in front of them. Silly you for jumping to conclusions. 👍

Oh! Indeed. Silly me. 👍

gorgie rd eh11

So what's the plans for when Ann Budge is hounded out?

Who's going to run the show and attract the investment?

I hope it goes as well as when Robbie Neilson was hounded out. :turned:

Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

So what's the plans for when Ann Budge is hounded out?

Who's going to run the show and attract the investment?

I hope it goes as well as when Robbie Neilson was hounded out. :turned:

Like Robbie, she will not be hounded out of anywhere. She, like Robbie, will leave of her own volition.

gorgie rd eh11
Just now, Boab said:

Like Robbie, she will not be hounded out of anywhere. She, like Robbie, will leave of her own volition.

:laugh:

Yeah.

Some people actually believe Robbie was hounded out? :rofl: If you actually, genuinely believe that, you clearly have a very poor memory or grasp of facts. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Some people actually believe Robbie was hounded out? :rofl: If you actually, genuinely believe that, you clearly have a very poor memory or grasp of facts. 

It's the new Kickback myth. Something was needed to replace INJURIEEES!

gorgie rd eh11
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Aye flying planes, putting up posters and graffiti is not in any way hounding. If only i could grasp those facts. :rofl:

Anyway what's the plans for after Ann Budge is hounded out?

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's the new Kickback myth. Something was needed to replace INJURIEEES!

A football fan with a weird agenda is capable of convincing themselves that any absurdity is true apparently. 

Hounded out by 6 neds and an aeroplane. :laugh:

He quit while his star was high. He chose a shit club in a shit league and signed some really shit players. He then fell flat on his face.  Always have good memories of him in the Championship season but he never fulfilled his potential after that.

Getting up at 3am every 2nd week to watch some of the most cowardly, insipid away performances still bothers me. Signing Connor Sammon, Oshaniwa etc and the Euro embarrassment. 

He wasn't bad. He just wasn't great. Better than the two since then obviously but they were both disastrous.

3 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Aye flying planes, putting up posters and graffiti is not in any way hounding. If only i could grasp those facts. :rofl:

You actually think that's why Robbie left Hearts? He said himself that none of that bothered him. Do you have any evidence to support your claim?

Geoff Kilpatrick
31 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

A group of nomarks with no brains who barely mustered double figures in number. Yep, that was enough to make Neilson run away!

:vrface:

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Of course he was, for goodness sakes. Have you just erased the run up to his departure from your memory? :rofl:

26 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Of course he was, for goodness sakes. Have you just erased the run up to his departure from your memory? :rofl:

Genuinely no idea what you're talking about. Robbie left because he felt it was a good opportunity to move to England as a rising star. 

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Genuinely no idea what you're talking about. Robbie left because he felt it was a good opportunity to move to England as a rising star. 

Aye... it had **** all to do with some genuinely moronic supporters campaigning for his removal. :lol:

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Aye... it had **** all to do with some genuinely moronic supporters campaigning for his removal. :lol:

6 neds and a plane about 2 months earlier made him leave? Any evidence to support that?

31 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Some goons hired a plane. That's all .  For goodness sakes. 

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

There was no campaign for his removal. 

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

A football fan with a weird agenda is capable of convincing themselves that any absurdity is true apparently. 

Hounded out by 6 neds and an aeroplane. :laugh:

He quit while his star was high. He chose a shit club in a shit league and signed some really shit players. He then fell flat on his face.  Always have good memories of him in the Championship season but he never fulfilled his potential after that.

Getting up at 3am every 2nd week to watch some of the most cowardly, insipid away performances still bothers me. Signing Connor Sammon, Oshaniwa etc and the Euro embarrassment. 

He wasn't bad. He just wasn't great. Better than the two since then obviously but they were both disastrous.

Gotta love revisionism. That time RN said how he missed having a DOF. All that shit he he had to endure ? Nothing  against Robbie but clearly not the sharpest tool in the box. In his own words he went to  bad set up. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

The brain donors from Luckies were one part of it. Embarrassing and tragic.

We just going to ignore the comments on social media (including here), where folk were bored of his “style” etc? I mean, I’ll start bumping threads @cosanostra, but seeing as you are kinda running the show here, do I need to bother? :lol:

Skooshed the Championship, third place in the big league, then... second... then... 

‘aye, I don’t enjoy going to Tynecastle anymore... “

”the football’s boring... “

”The style isn’t entertaining enough... “

Some long term posters coming out with that shit too. **** only knows what they were thinking or wanting. :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

We just going to ignore the comments on social media (including here), where folk were bored of his “style” etc? I mean, I’ll start bumping threads @cosanostra, but seeing as you are kinda running the show here, do I need to bother? :lol:

Skooshed the Championship, third place in the big league, then... second... then... 

Some long term posters coming out with that shit too. **** only knows what they were thinking or wanting. :rofl:

Wondered where you'd gone. 

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

One part of what ? Seriousy, don't you feel embarrassed about posting this stuff ? 

Tip  - when you post shit emojis don't help. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Wondered where you'd gone. 

When? Before that post? Or just in general or whatever? 

Intrigued... 😄

When? Before that post? Or just in general or whatever? 

Intrigued... 😄

You're not.

You want to be witty and relevant.

But you fail.

So, emojis.

Again.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You're not.

You want to be witty and relevant.

But you fail.

So, emojis.

Again.

Haikus?

I have been blown away,
Seeing what Nano has done,
A tedious man

Haikus?

I have been blown away,
A tedious man

So , you were saying about Robbie being subject to a "campaign ". Do continue. 

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Haikus?

I have been blown away,
A tedious man

That's not a haiku.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

So , you were saying about Robbie being subject to a "campaign ". Do continue. 

I think people have a problem understanding the difference between being happy Neilson left and "campaigning" to remove him. I was in the former camp.

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

But why do you think a few threads on JKB and the neds / plane made him decide to leave? I'd say at least 90% of fans were still with him. At least, not actively wanting rid of him. If you spend a lot of time on the internet / social media, you maybe think that something was huge as you saw it each day but in the real world, most people were largely unaware.

There were some people unhappy with him but there was no campaign by anyone beyond a few neds doing bumps in their stone island polo shirts. 

I'm sure Robbie did what he did because he thought it was the right move for him.  That's what he said at the time. To suggest he was forced out is absolutely insane.

I was kind of happy he left too because i thought he'd done all he could have. Our away form was catastrophic and the complete capitulations we witnessed away from home were terrible to watch. We could have done better. We clearly didn't because of Levein and Budge but we clearly didn't know that at the time.

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think people have a problem understanding the difference between being happy Neilson left and "campaigning" to remove him. I was in the former camp.

There was a campaign to remove Levein. 100% indisputable fact.

There was serious unrest towards the end of Cathro but even that never got to the regular protests and stay aways.

Robbie, there were some threads on JKB, some neds hired a plane and some pondlife said some mean personal stuff on twitter. Hard to really call that a campaign.

On 05/12/2019 at 14:06, DalryJambo said:

How have you been short changed? Where does it say anywhere that following a football team and buying a ticket means you ‘deserve’ to see a winning team? We’d obviously all like that but it’s never been guaranteed in my 35 years of following hearts. 

OK so you are you happy and satisfied with the first team style of football, performances and results over the last 2-3 years? I feel the fans have been massively short changed over this period in terms of what we put in to what we get out.

Two league wins this year at Tynecastle, currently sitting near the bottom of the league following two 6th place finishes the last two seasons.

I expect the club to manage their resources much better than they have been. It’s not winning cups, just punching our weight.