Budge should leave at the end of the season

DB-14

By some people’s posts Budge sacked Neilson because of fan pressure. Judging by her support for Levein this would not have happened. He chose to leave of his own accord for MK. Those are the simple truths.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gorgie Boys are in town.
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hardly made him feel loved did they? Compare and contrast with Barnsley fans treatment of a manager who did a worse job than Neilson was doing with us. Neilson never had us outside the top 3 in 2.5 seasons. Scored goals for fun and had a tight defence. No team hammered us by 5, and we only got 4 past us a couple of times I think. And we scored 3, 4 or more on a quite a few occasions. The real myths are that Neilson had "taken us as far as he could" and played "eye bleeding football".

Delusional.  Honestly, the rewriting of history is something else.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

By some people’s posts Budge sacked Neilson because of fan pressure. Judging by her support for Levein this would not have happened. He chose to leave of his own accord for MK. Those are the simple truths.

Neilson was supported by Budge (she was right with hindsight) and booed and worse by our own fans (they were wrong). That's the point here.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

Delusional.  Honestly, the rewriting of history is something else.

All of that is true. Take a look at our form those 2.5 seasons, and our league positions, and the number of times we absolutely steamrollered teams scoring 3 or more. And note the very few times we got a 4 or more goal hammering, despite drawing Celtic in the cup every season under Neilson it seemed.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

I disagree, but appreciate you taking the time to reply. 

No problem I like the idea how we can have a debate in a 

civilised manner and also respect each other’s views 

Wait and see who puts themselves forward. I doubt Budge would’ve won many votes if she was standing for FoH. 

So you’ve no one in mind. What a surprise. 
You keep trolling though. 
Budge has been the best thing Hearts have had in a long time. She got the Levein thing wrong but a good CEO/owner will turn it around.  Budge will. 

NaturalOrder74

blame her 100 percent for not sacking levein sooner and letting it get to this stage but she’s clearly doing all she can to resolve the issue and I hope that the the manager in can give the players an absolute kick up the arse it’s bad but it could be a lot worse. I’m convinced we can at least recover this season, hibs have their new man in and are still pish, we can’t get any worse and have positives to come. 

Gorgie Boys are in town.
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

All of that is true.

In your mind, I have no doubt. I would argue your perspective is skewed. 

Just now, jock _turd said:

No disagreement with that Boab ... but she had no real other choice. When the "fans" hounded Neilson out she had CL as DOF and she relied on his input. The only real course open to her when he took up the managers seat was to take away that role and hire another DOF . If she had to do it all again I can bet you she would never give the managers job to CL. Not because he made such an arse of but because he had another hat on while he was doing that job... in fact he had another two hats on while being the manager, that in my opinion was her real mistake she as you said relied to much on CL... I would say that she gave him too many roles to play in the club and that was wrong.

The “ right guy was here all the time “ statement now looks incredible when you think of those last weeks of Cathro and CL taking over.

An opportunity lost to get someone in to change the direction. We couldn’t of course because CL had AB’s ear.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

In your mind, I have no doubt. I would argue your perspective is skewed. 

What is not true about our league positions, goals scored, etc under Neilson. It's all there online mate.

This.

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

So you’ve no one in mind. What a surprise. 
You keep trolling though. 
Budge has been the best thing Hearts have had in a long time. She got the Levein thing wrong but a good CEO/owner will turn it around.  Budge will. 

Well why would I name a CEO? It’s hardly trolling, you just keep happy clapping and celebrating a point against Livingston. Loser mentality.

Glad you admitted she got Levein wrong, how long did that mistake take to rectify? Oh wait it hasn’t been as we’ll likely be suffering the consequences for the 4th season running.

Just now, Boab said:

The “ right guy was here all the time “ statement now looks incredible when you think of those last weeks of Cathro and CL taking over.

An opportunity lost to get someone in to change the direction. We couldn’t of course because CL had AB’s ear.

Yes it was a really bad decision she made there... but there was a blind faith. That is why I say if she had the time back she would not have done that. This could be off topic BUT why is a club of Hearts stature not able to attract credible applicants for the managers post? I have heard the names of McCall and McCann mentioned as real possibilities. Even Robinson.. is that really the best we can attract? The Stendel thing is a strange one , did he apply or are we head hunting him? 

What is not true about our league positions, goals scored, etc under Neilson. It's all there online mate.

That’s why MK Dons came in for him, because of those stats. Made him a very good offer and he left.

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Yes it was a really bad decision she made there... but there was a blind faith. That is why I say if she had the time back she would not have done that. This could be off topic BUT why is a club of Hearts stature not able to attract credible applicants for the managers post? I have heard the names of McCall and McCann mentioned as real possibilities. Even Robinson.. is that really the best we can attract? The Stendel thing is a strange one , did he apply or are we head hunting him? 

Who are you genuinely considering a credible applicant out of interest?

Ricardo Shillyshally

Am I missing something here? I thought it was well known that she's stepping down at the end of this season.

She's no spring chicken and financially it will be time for FOH to take over

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

That’s why MK Dons came in for him, because of those stats. Made him a very good offer and he left.

Wow. 

MK Dons were 19th in League One when he left. Hardly a step up was it?

10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Budge OUT!!!! 
Get the banner made for the next home game!!! 

Will you be attending that one or

is it a banner by proxy?

Just now, jock _turd said:

I just hope we get him in soon, if it is to be him.

There are always rumours flying about, but AM needs to be removed from the dug out ASAP and we need to finalise this even quicker. 
Obviously, it might be out our hands if others are playing funny buggers but we need a manager yesterday !

Wow. 

MK Dons were 19th in League One when he left. Hardly a step up was it?

So it was because of the fans he left or not ?

I don’t think it was, I thought you didn’t either ?

10 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Well why would I name a CEO? It’s hardly trolling, you just keep happy clapping and celebrating a point against Livingston. Loser mentality.

Ballox. I’ll leave running a club to the professionals with a track record of success and if necessary I’ll vote against their reappointment at an agm 

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

Ballox. I’ll leave running a club to the professionals with a track record of success and if necessary I’ll vote against their reappointment at an agm 

Genuinely what are you on about? She’s not got a track record and had no experience of running a club prior acquiring us. You’re just a slaver.

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

So it was because of the fans he left or not ?

I don’t think it was, I thought you didn’t either ?

Where did I say that? You’re saying it’s because he received a good offer...

Gorgie Boys are in town.

I watched it. I don't need to go online.  I honestly cannot be arsed giving a proper breakdown whilst typing on my phone. Championship season was decent and won at a canter. Second season was rank, regardless of finishing third. Two or three decent games and the rest were eye bleeding. Prior to leaving the football was still poor, but a 2 nil home win against Rangers left many talking the way you do for Robbie. We can argue for days. I completely disagree with you as you undoubtedly do with me.

Where did I say that? You’re saying it’s because he received a good offer...

Sorry, must picked it up wrong. Thought you were in the camp....the most credible camp incidentally....that believes Robbie left because he was offered a decent deal and a challenge down south and CL did not stand in his way because he already had Cathro in his sights.

Hee haw to do with nutcrackers hiring a plane ! 
I thought most people believed this ?

1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Nah. Levein was the problem and she punted him. She deserves huge credit if she gets Stendel over the line.

Did she punt him?

If so, why is he still employed by the club?

2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Did she punt him?

If so, why is he still employed by the club?

Correct and showing our new prospective manager around the place. How embarrassing if true.

She should have just let us die as it would have been more humane. All it is now is a slow painful death. She gets an easy ride due to her sex and age but she is destroying us and the club.

Next managerial appointment is last chance saloon for me in regards to Budge.

Where we are at the moment is a total disgrace and rather than saving us it feels more like she's merely reanimated our corpse.

I was completely behind her until Cathro but since then it's been an utter mess and for me a lot of mistakes off the park too. Get it right on the pitch and back up the other end of the league under a new manager and I'm back on the happy train

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She should have just let us die as it would have been more humane. All it is now is a slow painful death. She gets an easy ride due to her sex and age but she is destroying us and the club.

No she shouldn’t have. 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Next managerial appointment is last chance saloon for me in regards to Budge.

Where we are at the moment is a total disgrace and rather than saving us it feels more like she's merely reanimated our corpse.

I was completely behind her until Cathro but since then it's been an utter mess and for me a lot of mistakes off the park too. Get it right on the pitch and back up the other end of the league under a new manager and I'm back on the happy train

That’s all most folk want. She has to bring someone in quick and back them to get the team winning again. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

No she shouldn’t have. 

Dave, you are entitled to your opinion like us all but your unwavering support for this woman is damaging our club. 

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Look at me look at me....i want attention.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Dave, you are entitled to your opinion like us all but your unwavering support for this woman is damaging our club. 

It’s not unwavering. This appointment is her last chance to get it right on the park. However, I’m still glad she provided the funds for us to get out of this situation. Better to be struggling now than not exist at all imo. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

It’s not unwavering. This appointment is her last chance to get it right on the park. However, I’m still glad she provided the funds for us to get out of admin. Better to be struggling now than not exist at all imo. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Eh, naw. If we get Stendel it will be the most exciting managerial appointment since Burley and the most ambitious probably since Jordan, and all thanks to Budge. As others have said she did lean too heavily on Levein and, while they had some good ideas, they made mistakes and stuck to their guns a little too long.

You live and learn. She's a new owner and is allowed to make mistakes. She still has a huge amount of credit in her column. And remember it wasn't Budge who hired planes and tried to get Neilson out. As the OP says, Neilson leaving started the downturn and a lot of so-called fans were as wrong about Neilson (high league positions, lots of goals, tight defence - Neilson oot!) as Budge and others, including me, were about giving Levein longer.

I suspect she had never heard of Stendel until recently. I know i hadnt.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

It’s not unwavering. This appointment is her last chance to get it right on the park. However, I’m still glad she provided the funds for us to get out of this situation. Better to be struggling now than not exist at all imo. 

I'd argue that we don't exist anymore.

Who are you genuinely considering a credible applicant out of interest?

I realise that our hands are tied by money constraints. My point is that the names I mentioned are hardly the highest calibre... or are they? You tell me that is why I am asking would our fans be happy with the Motherwell manager simply because he has got them winning a few games.. the other two names I mentioned are abject failures... why would we even think about them but they were, or were they ? Applicants. Davie Moyes name was mentioned and to be honest for a man out of work for as long as he has been you would have thought that Hearts might be a good move to get back into work... he just said no thanks, he clearly is waiting for something down south. I am not even certain about the Stendel fella but he is credible. Should the club be more proactive in the search and be approaching names rather than inviting names? If this Stendel option falls through where are we after that... back to managers who have already failed in Scotland? Football management is a strange game in which even failures are paid huge salaries that is our problem.... the money.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Eh, naw. If we get Stendel it will be the most exciting managerial appointment since Burley and the most ambitious probably since Jordan, and all thanks to Budge. As others have said she did lean too heavily on Levein and, while they had some good ideas, they made mistakes and stuck to their guns a little too long.

You live and learn. She's a new owner and is allowed to make mistakes. She still has a huge amount of credit in her column. And remember it wasn't Budge who hired planes and tried to get Neilson out. As the OP says, Neilson leaving started the downturn and a lot of so-called fans were as wrong about Neilson (high league positions, lots of goals, tight defence - Neilson oot!) as Budge and others, including me, were about giving Levein longer.

Not for me, and many others, on Neilson. He needed to move on. The problem was the decisions made, following Neilson leaving, mistake after mistake after....

Jambof3tornado

She failed in her duties when she allowed Levein to put his hat into the ring after the cathro experiment failed. She failed once more when she didnt insist he stood down after the cup final.

She has failed when you look at the player turnover we have had.

The sooner she is gone the better.

We are too big a club to have a chairwoman who is so heavily reliant on one man that she has us broken right now.

It should have been ten
47 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Budge OUT!!!! 
Get the banner made for the next home game!!! 

Classy 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I'd argue that we don't exist anymore.

Then, not for the first time, I’d say you are talking bollox. Of course we exist. 

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Honestly? What sort of shite is that for any Hearts supporter to be spouting... I have my doubts about you mate not right in the head methinks !

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Not for me, and many others, on Neilson. He needed to move on. The problem was the decisions made, following Neilson leaving, mistake after mistake after....

Why? Worked out well eh 

Her only real mistake has been her blind faith in Craig Levein. 
he was responsible for Cathro and the shambles ever since.

if she gets Stendel then it’ll go some way to ridding the dark clouds Levein has caused. That man has nigh on nearly sunk this club single handed