Loic Damour

HMFC 86

Nothing wrong with what he’s said, but I’d prefer players just declined all opportunities to comment publically and focused completely on doing talking on pitch. Particularly the many massive disappointments like him.

A huge upgrade on Djoum though, right Kickback? 🙄

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• 1971fozzy

• Rods

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I disagree. We are as utterly garbage now as when we had a manager and stability. Now is just a convenient excuse for the cluster of losers.

This I agree with 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Can’t say he’s said anything wrong reading it?

Also do not see the point in posting it on here?

Smacks of agenda.

Damour’s own agenda

Self preservation at a proven Championship player failing in Scotland.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Perhaps the world famous 'Budge smacked botty'.

I'd send him up for a long weekend with you in your wee caravan.  He'd either top himself or you'd cave his chocolate starfish in.  Either way, it'd teach him not to speak out to the press.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, EH11 said:

I'd send him up for a long weekend with you in your wee caravan.  He'd either top himself or you'd cave his chocolate starfish in.  Either way, it'd teach him not to speak out to the press.

:)

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Damour’s own agenda

Self preservation at a proven Championship player failing in Scotland.

Personally I was thinking the ops agenda but each to their own.

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh look, an abusive post from HMFC 86. Shocked. A quick look at your last ten posts reveal a pattern.

Abusive post?

Oh diddums!

Good chance of a white Christmas.

Bazzas right boot

Seen an article in the EN, Naismith saying he was unhappy/ dissapointed as well so far. 

Hopefully it's just a bit of a transition period and the players get behind the new manager. 

My biggest concern was senior players getting unhappy after CL left as although change was needed he did have the players. 

The last thing we need is guys like Smith, Naismith, Whelan and even Damour and the likes kicking up a stink. 

Guys like Souttar as well I think liked CL,  new signings like Halkett and Washington might also be very unsettled. 

Hopefully, with a new man in charge, a couple of wins everyone starts pulling in the same direction. 

Confidence does wonders. 

Fans when talking about sacking etc don't consider the network / relationship part, never mind the next step. 

There's a bit of fallout from the players bubbling away, whether it be the dislike for Macphee or the coaching staff or the fact they all were with CL, or even a bit ashamed, maybe a combination of many things.  

Maybe even Being impatient for things to be resolved? 

Defeat tonight could really see things come to the surface. 

All is not good within the camp. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Seen an article fin the EN, Naismith saying he was unhappy/ dissapionted as well so far. 

Hopefully it's just a bit of a transition period and the players get behind the new manager. 

My biggest concern was senior players getting unhappy after CL left as although change was needed he did have the players. 

The last thing we need is guys like Smith, Naismith, Whelan and even Damour and the likes kicking up a stink. 

Guys like Souttar as well I think liked CL,  new signings like Halkett and Washington might also be very unsettled. 

Hopefully, with a new man in charge, a couple of wins everyone starts pulling in the same direction. 

Confidence does wonders. 

Fans when talking about sacking etc don't consider the network / relationship part, never mind the next step. 

There's a bit of fallout from the players bubbling away, whether it be the dislike for Macphee or the coaching staff or the fact they all were with CL, or even a bit ashamed, maybe a combination of many things.  

Being impatient for things to be resolved? 

Defeat tonight could really see things come to the surface. 

All is not good within the camp. 

I think Levein was largely popular but the players need to carry some of the can.

I can’t help think there is a bit of deflection going on here from underperforming players. I usually would stick up from the all but players like Berra, Whelan and Naismith are good enough and experienced enough to keep things vaguely steady on the pitch even in tough times and in this respect they have all failed.

The Treasurer

Whether or not the players are unhappy with MacPhee or are feeling partly to blame about what happened to Levein, that is all in the past.

A new chapter is starting and regardless of whether all the contracts are signed, that starts tonight.

Stendel will be at Tynecastle tonight, even if it's just as a spectator.

So if the players want to be part of our club going forward, they have to start by showing that by putting in a performance against Livi

Pasquale for King

He has a big mouth considering most of us would walk past him in the street, maybe just get his head down, get fit and actually contribute.

Captain Canada

The old saying, "do your talking on the pitch" is apt here. 

He's been abysmal since he joined. Stendel has been odds on favourite for weeks so he could have Googled him or watched videos of Barnsley if he was interested enough. 

Having said that, I get his frustration at the timescale but he's getting paid a lot of money to be professional and give his best, so I'd rather that was his main focus . 

cardboardcutout
24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He has a big mouth considering most of us would walk past him in the street, maybe just get his head down, get fit and actually contribute.

Run past him on the pitch too!

All roads lead to Gorgie

All I have seen from him so far from a playing point of view is panicky passes sideways and backwards and also how easy he is beaten in 50/50s. If that was caused by the tactics of our coaches then I forgive him to an extent but so far I am disappointed by his contribution but he is far from alone in that scenario.

I do agree that this process of finding a manager is dragging on more than it should but comments from players on that matter should be kept inhouse.

39 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Whether or not the players are unhappy with MacPhee or are feeling partly to blame about what happened to Levein, that is all in the past.

A new chapter is starting and regardless of whether all the contracts are signed, that starts tonight.

Stendel will be at Tynecastle tonight, even if it's just as a spectator.

So if the players want to be part of our club going forward, they have to start by showing that by putting in a performance against Livi

The only way players can show they don't like a Coach/Manager is by not performing for them it happens all the time.

The pride element goes out the window and they down tools until the new one comes in then they are all eager to impress and the ones who don't know they will not be around for long or will certainly not be playing.

If they already know that McPhee is not going to be around after tonight then we may get a performance however if they think he is still going to be employed then it may be a different story.

We don't have long to wait and see what happens. One thing we do know is that tonight will not be an easy game and hopefully McPhee picks a team that can win this.

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The only way players can show they don't like a Coach/Manager is by not performing for them it happens all the time.

The pride element goes out the window and they down tools until the new one comes in then they are all eager to impress and the ones who don't know they will not be around for long or will certainly not be playing.

If they already know that McPhee is not going to be around after tonight then we may get a performance however if they think he is still going to be employed then it may be a different story.

We don't have long to wait and see what happens. One thing we do know is that tonight will not be an easy game and hopefully McPhee picks a team that can win this.

If (and it is a big if) McPhee remains at the club, he will not be involved with the first team squad, so they have no excuse on that score

4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yes, imagine a player ask WTF is going on? It's only his career....

He is one player that seriously needs to up his game for the new manager. 

He has been one of the big disappointments so far considering the decent level he has played at. 

He is right though about the mess that the players are having to play through though. 

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If (and it is a big if) McPhee remains at the club, he will not be involved with the first team squad, so they have no excuse on that score

Maybe but I am sure the best thing for the club going forward is a clean break and we have the new coach with his own staff who he obviously trusts.

I don't think it will be a good idea to have McPhee around. If they continue with the proposal AB made then the SD would be the one reporting to the board on footballing matters rather than the Coach which might not be a good idea.

Just my opinion of course.

Glad it's not a player stating the usual made up crap we read in the press. Happy he's actually speaking his mind and shows the players, as well as the fans, are affected by the ridiculous time it's taken to appoint a new manager.

Let's be honest, the board act and react very slowly to situations that impact what happens on the pitch. They don't have a clue about football and that has been crystal clear for a number of years.

There has been no leadership from the management team for months and precious little on the field recently with the absence of Naismith. We need more of that on the field from senior players like Smith and Berra, especially Berra who's the club captain after all.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
39 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

They would have to be complete idiots to expect MacPhee to be in with a chance of the manager job so they’d better bloody perform

They are now all potentially 4 weeks away from being moved on to clubs much smaller and worse than Hearts if they don’t start getting their collective fingers out.

The Treasurer
32 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe but I am sure the best thing for the club going forward is a clean break and we have the new coach with his own staff who he obviously trusts.

I don't think it will be a good idea to have McPhee around. If they continue with the proposal AB made then the SD would be the one reporting to the board on footballing matters rather than the Coach which might not be a good idea.

Just my opinion of course.

I agree

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Damour should shut his yap and do his talking on the park rather than trotting out excuses to the guttersnipe crayon munchers.

He is paid well to play football and so far he has been utter shite. 

I suggest he gets his finger out of his arse and actually tries to earn his substantial wages by doing what he is paid for.

Apart from a few, the last two sentences apply to all the players.

Finally a bit of honesty. Numerous players have spoken and only him and Michael Smith have said anything of substance. 

Shame Damour has been utter shite every time I have seen him 

jambogirlglasgow

He should be eternally grateful that he got signed by a manager who thought he could do a job. He’s won a watch getting in before CL was emptied. I’d have more respect for him if he acknowledged that and then spent his time on the training pitch trying to improve the many flaws in his own game. 

Edited by jambogirlglasgow

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think Levein was largely popular but the players need to carry some of the can.

I can’t help think there is a bit of deflection going on here from underperforming players. I usually would stick up from the all but players like Berra, Whelan and Naismith are good enough and experienced enough to keep things vaguely steady on the pitch even in tough times and in this respect they have all failed.

Agree with all of this.

30 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Charlton’s utter shit

Well aye, they have definitely been on the slide in recent years. Beat Jack Ross to Championship promotion with a much smaller budget though. :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Finally a bit of honesty. Numerous players have spoken and only him and Michael Smith have said anything of substance. 

Shame Damour has been utter shite every time I have seen him 

Yeah, pretty much. People criticising him would do well to remember it’s normally the club who put players up for interviews.

He’s been very disappointing so far.

6 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Article in the Scotsman about Stendel. I’ve copied the link below, but also extracted the latter part which provides critical quotes from Loic Damour over the delay and lack of information to players/staff.

Incredibly ill advised by a player who has not exactly hit the ground running IMO.

With you on this one.

Perhaps LD engineering a sharp exit.

I hope not, he could be a good player for us.

Edited by alfajambo

6 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Article in the Scotsman about Stendel. I’ve copied the link below, but also extracted the latter part which provides critical quotes from Loic Damour over the delay and lack of information to players/staff.

Incredibly ill advised by a player who has not exactly hit the ground running IMO.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/loic-damour-hits-out-at-hearts-manager-delay-amid-hitch-in-daniel-stendel-deal-1-5056541

It has been a frustrating time for fans and players, with midfielder Loic Damour welcoming a move towards greater clarity and revealing that the process has already dragged on longer than the squad would have liked.

“We’ve waited for too long. It’s been five weeks or something like that, so it’s too long,” said Damour.

“There’s been no information for players, for staff, for everybody. It’s hard when you don’t know. It’s not an excuse to be s**t on the pitch, I’m not saying that, but obviously it’s harder to prepare for games. It’s not ideal so it’s good to feel the situation is changing.”

Admitting that he knows very little about Stendel, the Frenchman said that one obvious outcome would be that the players will need to up their game if they want to impress. If they could secure what would be only their second win in ten games, against Gary Holt’s side tonight, it would be a step in the right direction.

“To be honest, I wasn’t expecting this kind of start when I came here,” said Damour who joined Hearts from Cardiff City in August. 

“But it’s another experience for my career, I have been through some difficult moments in the past and this is another one.

“Every time a new manager comes in it’s a new start for everybody.”

All seems pretty sensible to me - it has dragged out too long, it has been badly handled, and it does need sorted.

5 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

All seems pretty sensible to me - it has dragged out too long, it has been badly handled, and it does need sorted.

Well perhaps, who knows – if you were AB what would you have done differently?

We Want DS after all.

I think the lady deserves a statue.

Edited by alfajambo

Don’t see a problem with his comments but he needs to get the finger oot and start justifying his wages. He’s been pure pony so far and looks miles off the pace.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Don’t see a problem with his comments but he needs to get the finger oot and start justifying his wages. He’s been pure pony so far and looks miles off the pace.

I agree, IMO he'll see a lot more game time under Stendel.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He has been poor yeah but I agree there is no problem with his comments. If Ann Budge is not telling the players what’s going on then that’s a worry. 

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I agree, IMO he'll see a lot more game time under Stendel.

Maybe. I don’t think any player should be under any illusion that they still have a future at Hearts regardless of what their contract stipulates. They’ll all get a chance no doubt but I don’t think they’ll get much longer than the rest of the season to prove themselves.

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

He has been poor yeah but I agree there is no problem with his comments. If Ann Budge is not telling the players what’s going on then that’s a worry. 

Why is it a worry?? Austin MacPhee is in charge that's all they need to know. When a new man is signed I'm sure they'll be the first to know!

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Maybe. I don’t think any player should be under any illusion that they still have a future at Hearts regardless of what their contract stipulates. They’ll all get a chance no doubt but I don’t think they’ll get much longer than the rest of the season to prove themselves.

I'm fairly sure he'll make that clear. I suspect we'll see a huge clear out in the summer. by all accounts he prefers quick mobile players so that about rules out 50% of the squad!

6 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I don’t see why the players should need to know, no point in telling them who their manager is before he’s been secured! They’ll find out soon enough

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I'm fairly sure he'll make that clear. I suspect we'll see a huge clear out in the summer. by all accounts he prefers quick mobile players so that about rules out 50% of the squad!

Agree

Whats his excuse for when we did have a manager and he was shipping goals about 3 games on the bounce?

Will listen to what players like Naismith and smith have to say but maybe he should concentrate on putting in a half decent performance before blaming everything around him.  4 year deal, what a joke. 

6 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Hearts are 10th and he is clearly angry at the situation. It's good to know that the cares, whether people rate him or not. 

I also think it's perfectly okay for him to give his honest opinion, again, whether we can agree or not with him. it's refreshing.

For a sport that is built around having opinions, we don't half get upset when managers and players say what they are really thinking. 

No footballing cliches and can think for himself. Nothing against that whatsoever. 

He is right but he needs to get his own house in order as well. 

He has pretty woeful so far on the pitch. 😒

Damour is clearly a very good player and we have not seen anything like the best of him in an under-performing team.

But he gets the usual criticism for the usual reasons. How very predictable and very Kickback.

What he has said here is just fine. I want him to succeed. Hopefully, under new management, he will silence the critics.

A_A wehatethehibs

Re his form, All players get benefit of the doubt under the new man. 

Who knows even Berra might find some form. Stranger things have happened. Every player has the chance to hit the reset button 

5 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Damour is clearly a very good player and we have not seen anything like the best of him in an under-performing team.

But he gets the usual criticism for the usual reasons. How very predictable and very Kickback.

What he has said here is just fine. I want him to succeed. Hopefully, under new management, he will silence the critics.

He’s clearly not been a very good players for Hearts so far. That opinion is not peculiar to KB. Hopefully he’ll improve under a new coaching team.

Can’t disagree with what he said, but it wasn’t smart of him to say this as part of an interview. 

The club hasn’t handled this very well. A replacement should have been lined up before CL was sacked.

21 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

Each time i hear.....Chanson Damour.......ra, tada, tada

To me his name and squad number sounds more like a birds perfume.

Loic D'amour 22 - the new fragrance from Dior