Loic Damour

HMFC 86

Article in the Scotsman about Stendel. I’ve copied the link below, but also extracted the latter part which provides critical quotes from Loic Damour over the delay and lack of information to players/staff.

Incredibly ill advised by a player who has not exactly hit the ground running IMO.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/loic-damour-hits-out-at-hearts-manager-delay-amid-hitch-in-daniel-stendel-deal-1-5056541

It has been a frustrating time for fans and players, with midfielder Loic Damour welcoming a move towards greater clarity and revealing that the process has already dragged on longer than the squad would have liked.

“We’ve waited for too long. It’s been five weeks or something like that, so it’s too long,” said Damour.

“There’s been no information for players, for staff, for everybody. It’s hard when you don’t know. It’s not an excuse to be s**t on the pitch, I’m not saying that, but obviously it’s harder to prepare for games. It’s not ideal so it’s good to feel the situation is changing.”

Admitting that he knows very little about Stendel, the Frenchman said that one obvious outcome would be that the players will need to up their game if they want to impress. If they could secure what would be only their second win in ten games, against Gary Holt’s side tonight, it would be a step in the right direction.

“To be honest, I wasn’t expecting this kind of start when I came here,” said Damour who joined Hearts from Cardiff City in August. 

“But it’s another experience for my career, I have been through some difficult moments in the past and this is another one.

“Every time a new manager comes in it’s a new start for everybody.”

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• 1971fozzy

• Rods

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

Top Posters In This Topic

Jambo, Goodbye

Hearts are 10th and he is clearly angry at the situation. It's good to know that the cares, whether people rate him or not. 

I also think it's perfectly okay for him to give his honest opinion, again, whether we can agree or not with him. it's refreshing.

For a sport that is built around having opinions, we don't half get upset when managers and players say what they are really thinking. 

No footballing cliches and can think for himself. Nothing against that whatsoever. 

23 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Article in the Scotsman about Stendel. I’ve copied the link below, but also extracted the latter part which provides critical quotes from Loic Damour over the delay and lack of information to players/staff.

Incredibly ill advised by a player who has not exactly hit the ground running IMO.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/loic-damour-hits-out-at-hearts-manager-delay-amid-hitch-in-daniel-stendel-deal-1-5056541

It has been a frustrating time for fans and players, with midfielder Loic Damour welcoming a move towards greater clarity and revealing that the process has already dragged on longer than the squad would have liked.

“We’ve waited for too long. It’s been five weeks or something like that, so it’s too long,” said Damour.

“There’s been no information for players, for staff, for everybody. It’s hard when you don’t know. It’s not an excuse to be s**t on the pitch, I’m not saying that, but obviously it’s harder to prepare for games. It’s not ideal so it’s good to feel the situation is changing.”

Admitting that he knows very little about Stendel, the Frenchman said that one obvious outcome would be that the players will need to up their game if they want to impress. If they could secure what would be only their second win in ten games, against Gary Holt’s side tonight, it would be a step in the right direction.

“To be honest, I wasn’t expecting this kind of start when I came here,” said Damour who joined Hearts from Cardiff City in August. 

“But it’s another experience for my career, I have been through some difficult moments in the past and this is another one.

I would imagine all the players have been feeling the same way.

certainly no excuse for the gutless performances though.

A good number of us have felt it’s dragged on too long and here’s a player who is privy to what’s being said in the dressing room voicing the same opinion.

Hopefully Stendel starts and we can push on up the table!!

no more excuses.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Would imagine most of the players will feel the same privately ! Only difference is he's said it publicly which won't go down well with Mrs Budge 

32 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

What on Earth is wrong with what he’s said? 

Good to see the mob is not forgetting about scapegoats in these troubling times. 🙄

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would imagine most of the players will feel the same privately ! Only difference is he's said it publicly which won't go down well with Mrs Budge 

Why?

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Why?

Well saying it's taking too long won't go down with Mrs Budge I'd imagine but I respect the lad for giving his honest opinion 

13 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What on Earth is wrong with what he’s said? 

Good to see the mob is not forgetting about scapegoats in these troubling times. 🙄

Aye good one. Might have known I’d get an idiotic reply from you

32 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Hearts are 10th and he is clearly angry at the situation. It's good to know that the cares, whether people rate him or not. 

I also think it's perfectly okay for him to give his honest opinion, again, whether we can agree or not with him. it's refreshing.

For a sport that is built around having opinions, we don't half get upset when managers and players say what they are really thinking. 

No footballing cliches and can think for himself. Nothing against that whatsoever. 

This.  Hopefully we might see Damour thrive under a new manager.  

2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Aye good one. Might have known I’d get an idiotic reply from you

Oh look, an abusive post from HMFC 86. Shocked. A quick look at your last ten posts reveal a pattern.

When the Riccarton 3 spoke out it was passion and raw emotion from 3 players who had been with us a good while, who continually gave their all for the badge and played at a very high level week in week out. This is just some dud who came yesterday who has been nothing more than dog shite since he came. He can **** right off. 

Edited by i8hibsh

11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh look, an abusive post from HMFC 86. Shocked. A quick look at your last ten posts reveal a pattern.

Hardly abusive, no problem for you to be abusive though. Brass neck

49 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

If he cared you would see it on the pitch. He has been 0/10 so far.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I haven't really seen enough to judge him. You?

Just now, ri Alban said:

I haven't really seen enough to judge him. You?

Almost every minute he has 'played'.

Merde.

A man who has standards, he’s obviously not been at the races and not been able to play a few games in a row to get into a rhythm. But you can tell he’s used to a level of professionalism. As has been said before I hope he gets a good run of games to show if he can walk the walk

kingantti1874

He’s only saying what most players, fans and observers have said.. it is too long and it’s not normal mid season.. it gives players a convenient excuse to be shite

still glad we’ve gone for Stendel, shows good ambition.. hope we can get it done.. 

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

I would imagine all the players have been feeling the same way.

certainly no excuse for the gutless performances though.

A good number of us have felt it’s dragged on too long and here’s a player who is privy to what’s being said in the dressing room voicing the same opinion.

Hopefully Stendel starts and we can push on up the table!!

no more excuses.

There’s no excuse but you get different types of people/players who need guidance, leadership and a situation where they know what’s expected of them. A manager reinforces that. 

There’ll be some players who crash on regardless of the situation but it’s not enough when there’s 11 that start a game. 

I have no problem with his statement whatsoever, I don't think we can really judge how bad players are when we've been playing disjointed formations with players out of position, 3 years of poor leadership and mismanagement all coming to a head as of a few weeks ago with now the lowest morale/confidence I have seen from a Hearts team yet. 

Personally I will be giving all of the players in this team a fresh start when the new manager has settled into an actual formation and playstyle and is rotating players into the wrong position every week. 

I understand some of that was due to injuries in the past but some of it was just nonsensical. 

You will see I don't post much as it can be a bit of an echo chamber here (like on any community forum) but thought I'd try in the hopes even a few of you would give the players a fresh start. 

Like he says its no excuse for being shit on the pitch . 

Him and a lot of the other jokers need to take a bit of pride in themselves and their work, starting tonight . 

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s no excuse but you get different types of people/players who need guidance, leadership and a situation where they know what’s expected of them. A manager reinforces that. 

There’ll be some players who crash on regardless of the situation but it’s not enough when there’s 11 that start a game. 

Exactly 

Don't see much wrong in what he says, but what I took from it was how tight the club has been about doing its business, presumably in an effort to prevent leaks.

I think it’s become obvious over the last few weeks who Levein’s players were and who MacPhee’s players were.  

Damour, Irving, Clare, Morrison and Mulraney for example, have barely kicked a ball since Levein left and all of a sudden Bozanic and White are first team mainstays.

FWIW, I’ve not been impressed with Damour in the very little I’ve seen of him.  For a guy with a 4 year contract brought in as a replacement for Djoum (arguably our main midfielder before he left), it seems he’s now the last in the midfield pecking order.   I really hope he kicks on under Stendel, otherwise I suspect we’ll look to cut our losses in January.  

Football fans are so unbelievably sensitive.

Better if he came out and said the boys are buzzing in training and fully behind McPhee or some nonsense like that?

He's entitled to his opinion. I'd just rather he concentrated on trying to improve his form.  For a player who played so often in the English championship, he should be sticking out as impressive against some of the teams in this league, and he's not, by a long chalk!

7 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Football fans are so unbelievably sensitive.

Better if he came out and said the boys are buzzing in training and fully behind McPhee or some nonsense like that?

I think we’d prefer the talking to be done on the pitch.

We_are_the_Hearts

Refreshing and honest. Unlike some of the guff we have listened to from other players recently. Hopefully Loic can kick on under a proper manager. Looked a player at first but like so many seemed to get dragged down.

2 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Please please please let his comments be ground for dismissal and The tearing up of his contract. 

He looks utter gash and the thought of him hanging about for four years makes my blood boil. 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well saying it's taking too long won't go down with Mrs Budge I'd imagine but I respect the lad for giving his honest opinion 

That's what my feelings are. Let's hope he can show in future games what we were promised he was capable of.

If he's saying it there will be a lot more thinking it. And it shows in our performances. Whole team is devoid of passion, energy and focus.

Really been disappointed with him as a player so far. Here’s hoping the new man gets the best out of him - would feel as if we’d signed a new player if it does 

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yes, imagine a player ask WTF is going on? It's only his career....

whilst working under a caretaker who sees Bozanic as the first name on the teamsheet!!!!

14 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Refreshing and honest. Unlike some of the guff we have listened to from other players recently. Hopefully Loic can kick on under a proper manager. Looked a player at first but like so many seemed to get dragged down.

It is 'refreshing and honest' because it is simply what you want to hear?   Hearts have had a manager, albeit an interim appointment.  Professional football players, some experienced internationalists among them, are surely capable playing a game of football without a 'full time' appointment.  If I am wrong, then hopefully he will become a world class footballer for us when we do have a new manager.

He’s been asked the question and been honest.  Not a lot wrong with what he has said but I’d not be going public with it.

looking forward to them all trying a leg now

2 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I agree, players are criticised for giving bland interviews and not caring...we can’t then criticise him for telling us exactly how he feels. When you read his actual quote I’d say it’s a slightly softer statement than the headline suggests.

The only thing I’d say is the players should have the mentality that they are trying to impress the next manager already, but they maybe think they’ll be getting a third new way of playing shortly (Levein > MacPhee > new manager) and aren’t committing overly to the temporary approach.  Having never been a professional i don’t know if that’ll be the players mindset.

GorgieFifeLife
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Truth hurts I suppose.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

When the Riccarton 3 spoke out it was passion and raw emotion from 3 players who had been with us a good while, who continually gave their all for the badge and played at a very high level week in week out. This is just some dud who came yesterday who has been nothing more than dog shite since he came. He can **** right off. 

Regardless of what you think of him as a player, he’s 100% correct in what he is saying. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Player not getting picked mouths out.

Highly unprofessional and whilst I was a fan of the potential of Damour this puts me off him.

Shit on the pitch?

Damour has been so shit he hasn’t even got on the pitch. 

Sounds like soor grapes from a prima donna to me.

Should be disciplined.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Regardless of what you think of him as a player, he’s 100% correct in what he is saying. 

No he is not because not a huge amount has changed since Levein went. The same people have been coaching the team.

There has barely been any disruption other than the players using the situation to get paid for doing even less than they were.

He is clearly shiting himself at having to up his work rate under Stendel.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 minute ago, goldie83 said:

Regardless of what you think of him as a player, he’s 100% correct in what he is 

I disagree. We are as utterly garbage now as when we had a manager and stability. Now is just a convenient excuse for the cluster of losers.

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Should be disciplined.  

Perhaps the world famous 'Budge smacked botty'.

Edited by i8hibsh

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Mibbe slightly stronger than I would’ve put it but sentiment is correct. He’s been absolutely horse shit. 
I watched him when he came on Sunday and I was raging. Just jogged about aimlessly doing the square root of **** all. A 4 year deal....

Dont have any issues at all with what he said here either but needs to get his finger out. His performances have been utterly tragic.