Loic Damour

HMFC 86

I think Damour is struggling with the pace of Scottish football. I am hoping he will be ready to go next season and him and Clare are perfect examples of the shambles of the last few years. We should be signing players who are ready to go in the premier league. 

I am not seeing what is wrong with the article personally he has gave a good insight into the minds of the players.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• 1971fozzy

• Rods

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam_the_legend
12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Can’t disagree with what he said, but it wasn’t smart of him to say this as part of an interview. 

The club hasn’t handled this very well. A replacement should have been lined up before CL was sacked.

No no no that would’ve been disloyal and disrespectful to CL...apparently 🙄

The interview shows a complete and utter lack of professionalism on his part. Every player will have views but the rest keep them private. Damour, Clare and Bozanic are simply not Hearts material. 

Edited by Prof

NaturalOrder74
7 minutes ago, Prof said:

The interview shows a complete and utter lack of professionalism on his part. Every player will have views but the rest keep them private. Damour, Clare and Bozanic are simply not Hearts material. 

agree completely just feel like it could have been better to just say ‘excited for a new manager to come in’ or something along those lines. Basically just reads to me like aww yeah we’ve been shit but it’s only because there’s been ****ing around getting a new manager in, and he’s not exactly entitled to say this either he’s hardly kicked a ball for us yet 

Jambo, Goodbye

I don't see how everyone connected with Hearts are able to shout their opinions from the rooftops, but the actual players are the exception. 

Apparently it's bad if we ever get to know how they are really feeling. 

Is this some weird cultural thing? 

A little bizarre to me, is all 🙄

5 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

No he is not because not a huge amount has changed since Levein went. The same people have been coaching the team.

There has barely been any disruption other than the players using the situation to get paid for doing even less than they were.

He is clearly shiting himself at having to up his work rate under Stendel.

Agree with this post.

Hope we can ditch this and some of the other wage thief's in January.

He's just making excuses .

better_call_saul
57 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

To me his name and squad number sounds more like a birds perfume.

Loic D'amour 22 - the new fragrance from Dior

I'll not tell you what I think every time I read your name...

Austin MacGlee
8 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Hearts are 10th and he is clearly angry at the situation. It's good to know that the cares, whether people rate him or not. 

I also think it's perfectly okay for him to give his honest opinion, again, whether we can agree or not with him. it's refreshing.

For a sport that is built around having opinions, we don't half get upset when managers and players say what they are really thinking. 

No footballing cliches and can think for himself. Nothing against that whatsoever. 

Tend to agree with this. It's not the usual platitudes and empty rhetoric these interviews usually throw up.

5 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Personally I was thinking the ops agenda but each to their own.

Agenda aye? Posting something for discussion if that’s an agenda. What’s your agenda in posting then

Edited by HMFC 86

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

When the Riccarton 3 spoke out it was passion and raw emotion from 3 players who had been with us a good while, who continually gave their all for the badge and played at a very high level week in week out. This is just some dud who came yesterday who has been nothing more than dog shite since he came. He can **** right off. 

For the first time ever on JKB I am agreeing with i8 in respect to the Riccarton 3.   I wish we had all 3 now, especially Elvis.   As for Plaisir, he can keep his opinions to himself.

13 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Agenda aye? Posting something for discussion if that’s an agenda. What’s your agenda in posting then

Aye! Agenda!

Glad we agree 👍

The players are right to come out and say how it is. They have been left in the dark and are the ones getting abuse week in week out. Maybe it will wake budge up a wee bit and she could maybe learn something from this shitshow.

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

When the Riccarton 3 spoke out it was passion and raw emotion from 3 players who had been with us a good while, who continually gave their all for the badge and played at a very high level week in week out. This is just some dud who came yesterday who has been nothing more than dog shite since he came. He can **** right off. 

We don't actually know if he's any good or not. Said much the same about many players that have arrived these last few years.  The pattern at Hearts is that players come and because of limited appearances, can never fully integrate and prosper in the team as they get dropped onto the bench or in the stand or even left out altogether. This can in no way benefit their fitness levels for first team duty, nor can it help with confidence. They are then released and seen as failures, sometimes unfairly. There are a few players that never looked good enough to be at the club, McLean, Wighton, White and Clare spring to mind but with people like Damour and even Dikamona, it's hard to judge. Once a new coaching team gets into them, we'll soon know whether or not Damour is good enough but, at the moment, he's just one of a number of players that have been let down by the coaching team over the last few years. Others like Edwards and Amankwaa never got a fair crack of the whip while the likes of Clare played every week. I mean, why bother signing players if they don't get a fair go at it? You may be right, and Damour is a dud but Stendel seems to have a reputation of improving players enormously so until the new coaching team gets involved with the players, i'll reserve judgement for now.

Edited by jambonian

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

The players are right to come out and say how it is. They have been left in the dark and are the ones getting abuse week in week out. Maybe it will wake budge up a wee bit and she could maybe learn something from this shitshow.

Damour hasn’t been paying attention or listening. Coaching staff and players have had regular up dates about what’s been going on. Theyve known who’d been interviewed, they’ve known, all going to plan, it was going to be Stendel and they’ve known who’d be in charge for what games etc etc. Stendel has been to tynie and riccarton, think he just never spoke to any the players? They might not know the ins and outs of what’s happening with coaches staying/going etx but they have been kept in the loop as much as they can. 

4 hours ago, McCrae said:

Can’t disagree with what he said, but it wasn’t smart of him to say this as part of an interview. 

The club hasn’t handled this very well. A replacement should have been lined up before CL was sacked.

A bit difficult to arrange when the very man who you would look to help you with that is the man your looking to dismiss

53 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Damour hasn’t been paying attention or listening. Coaching staff and players have had regular up dates about what’s been going on. Theyve known who’d been interviewed, they’ve known, all going to plan, it was going to be Stendel and they’ve known who’d be in charge for what games etc etc. Stendel has been to tynie and riccarton, think he just never spoke to any the players? They might not know the ins and outs of what’s happening with coaches staying/going etx but they have been kept in the loop as much as they can. 

How do.you know though?

59 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

When he got shown round by our glorified tour guide it was international break. 

12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

When he got shown round by our glorified tour guide it was international break. 

And only about 4 players where away. 

22 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

And only about 4 players where away. 

You think they where all kicking about Riccarton when the temp manager was away with NI?  Just in case Levein turned up? 

6 hours ago, Rods said:

I think Damour is struggling with the pace of Scottish football. I am hoping he will be ready to go next season and him and Clare are perfect examples of the shambles of the last few years. We should be signing players who are ready to go in the premier league. 

I am not seeing what is wrong with the article personally he has gave a good insight into the minds of the players.

Luckily he's playing for us in a team with no pace, he'd really struggle in team that tries to go forward.

Its unusual to hear such blunt honesty from players. Usually its vanilla run of the mill quotes with little substance. Quite refreshing tbh. 

Budge hasn't went about this the normal way. Keeping the squad in the dark whatever the reasons probably isn't the best idea. I'm not saying Budge has done this wrong, media leaks are a big issue and sometimes things being leaked too early can kill deals. 

Important more than anything else that we get our man. The players emotions about that don't really bother me. They should be square focused on whats in front of them and ensuring they are performing well. 

Like I said on the other thread,just look at his career, french 2nd and 3rd division FFS. Cardiff was a wierd blip, he is not good enough, never will be 

Clean slate. We've got rid of too many quality players, **** even mediocre players that would be better than what we have seen lately, by binning players quick.

Why don't we see if a new manager can work with Damour.

shouldn't be yacking to the press, if he's bored put in some extra time on the training field. Any talking to be done, do it on the pitch...

Captain Lithuania

Probably the type of player who is going to get much better when we have a new manager. 

Not that I think that’s acceptable, but if his attitude is as poor as what people are saying was on display this evening, then it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Haven't seen anything to suggest he will be a good player for us.  Giving him a 4 year deal looks to be an awful piece of business.

His first touch is what worried me the most, he was shirking responsibility first half and pussying out of 50-50s second half but those things can be helped by the right manager, a bad touch cannot

1 minute ago, andrew said:

Haven't seen anything to suggest he will be a good player for us.  Giving him a 4 year deal looks to be an awful piece of business.

A la CL they guy was just soo bad at making signings. CL as a player for Hearts will always be one of my favourites but as a manager I find it hard to give him a pass mark over all.