• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• rick witter

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You just talk pish.

😘

Aye so Hearts never conceded 5 goals in 14 minutes under Levein

Must have imagined that then, so you are right no way would Hearts have conceded 3 goals in 10 minutes today if CL was still the manager.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Aye so Hearts never conceded 5 goals in 14 minutes under Levein

Must have imagined that then, so you are right no way would Hearts have conceded 3 goals in 10 minutes today if CL was still the manager.

We did, but I clearly said in my original post at Killie. 

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We did, but I clearly said in my original post at Killie. 

In that case it's guaranteed it wouldn't have happened

Opposition view: obviously very pleased, but shocking just how much of a job Levein has done on Hearts. 

Thought McPhee left Hickey isolated, didn't adjust when he was getting caught then must have done his confidence a knock by taking him off... 

Uche looked totally lost on the wing and Hamalainan was basically using winning the ball from him as a counter attacking on every occasion. 

Was really pleased with McPhee fighting back against the Sportsound nonsense but it looks like he needs away. 

Fans that see the players every week are best placed to judge, but from the games I've seen guys like Clare, Mulraney, Diakamona, White etc should be nowhere near a Hearts side. 

One thing we can all agree on - atrocious from Madden again. Worst referee for controlling a football match in Scotland. Gives both sets of players free reign to dive and waste time. 

Look forward, with some trepidation, to what a good Hearts manager will do with players like Naismith when we play next. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, KillieMitch said:

Opposition view: obviously very pleased, but shocking just how much of a job Levein has done on Hearts. 

Thought McPhee left Hickey isolated, didn't adjust when he was getting caught then must have done his confidence a knock by taking him off... 

Uche looked totally lost on the wing and Hamalainan was basically using winning the ball from him as a counter attacking on every occasion. 

Was really pleased with McPhee fighting back against the Sportsound nonsense but it looks like he needs away. 

Fans that see the players every week are best placed to judge, but from the games I've seen guys like Clare, Mulraney, Diakamona, White etc should be nowhere near a Hearts side. 

One thing we can all agree on - atrocious from Madden again. Worst referee for controlling a football match in Scotland. Gives both sets of players free reign to dive and waste time. 

Look forward, with some trepidation, to what a good Hearts manager will do with players like Naismith when we play next. 

Good post.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

In that case it's guaranteed it wouldn't have happened

There's no precedent for it. 

We beat Clarke Killie twice there last season. 

If we'd played livi today you'd have a point, just like Hearts got there last time. 

You've just wasted your  time and mine trying to be a wise guy and scoring points over other posters, but ended up following way short. 

23 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We aren’t a team built on resilience. We aren’t a team who know what’s required in most games to win, never mind away games. 

But we know away games are tougher.  What was the preparation for this match?

Our coaches think it’s solely about what shape or strategy we’ll play. We are too up  ourselves to go back to the basics and reinforce the need to be physical, win your battles, roll the sleeves up etc.....Basic human attributes needed to compete in sport.  

We are back to front and have been for a long time. 

Spot on. 

We are arrogant and quite rightly get called out for it. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

There's no precedent for it. 

We beat Clarke Killie twice there last season. 

If we'd played livi today you'd have a point, just like Hearts got there last time. 

You've just wasted your  time and mine trying to be a wise guy and scoring points over other posters, but ended up following way short. 

You are just talking out your arse again. Makes a change from talking out of Levein's I suppose

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t understand where that performance came from. I mean, we had a strong pre match press conference and everything!

Lol

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You are just talking out your arse again. Makes a change from talking out of Levein's I suppose

He is just getting a rise out of you.

Tosh’s credentials re understanding football were shown up by the fact he backed Levein all summer and into this season. I have no doubt the guy is a Hearts fan, but he has no real understanding of what he is watching when he goes to the football. 

Edited by TheOak88

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

:laugh:

49 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Yeah, you’re idea of sticking with Levein would be much better.

what an embarrassment

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, because a captain does the job of a look out. 

Better comparison would be asking for a glazier to write a book or have an opinion on football if going down that route. 👍

Feck all the look out could do about it - the captain was sailing at irresponsible speed and heading for disaster - just like your Idol Craig Levein!

16 minutes ago, KillieMitch said:

It was obvious at 0-0, Austin sat on a bollock by not reacting.

18 minutes ago, KillieMitch said:

Great to get an objective view of the clusterf*ck from a 3rd party Mitch. Enjoy your evening! 

portobellojambo1

I went along  hoping I might see something to show we had taken on board the positives from the St Mirren game. What I watched suggests it is teams like St Mirren we are going to have to compete with for the remainder of this season. Today was just awful, the game was finished after 16 minutes. That in itself was disappointing, even worse than Kilmarnock appeared to have gone out of their way to try and make us feel at home by reducing the size of the pitch to dimensions we should be used to at Tynecastle.

We had nothing wide, no one up front, nothing in midfield and were pretty awful at the back during that opening spell. The highlight of today was the final whistle and the fact Halkett must be close to returning (for Ibrox I'd have him and Michael Smith as the two central defenders and remove both Dikamona and Berra from the side). There did seem to be an awful lot of players out there today who didn't want to be playing on a plastic surface and boy did it show. Now I just have to sit and think if I was right to get a ticket for Ibrox next week.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Great to get an objective view of the clusterf*ck from a 3rd party Mitch. Enjoy your evening! 

Whereas we get a view from a 1st party clusterf*ck Mitch

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t understand where that performance came from. I mean, we had a strong pre match press conference and everything!

This........ but Austin said we were going to  ATTACK !! 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

I would say, it is more the case that he is over relied on. 

Yeah agree with you! The kid needs taken out of that team just now because he's being dragged down by senior professionals who are playing utter dross 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Feck all the look out could do about it - the captain was sailing at irresponsible speed and heading for disaster - just like your Idol Craig Levein!

Fair point. 

I'll concede. 

He was going too fast and ignored the warnings from other ships of dangers in the area. (the caprica/ caprica in particular? ... Iirc). 

Not going to cheat and Google, trying to go of memory. 🤔

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

This........ but Austin said we were going to  ATTACK !! 

Maybe Killie done that as well. 

🙄

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You've made a terrible comparison to try and make a stupid point. 

I called you on it, you've gone all in the huff and now throwing the insults about. 

Killie took their goals well. 

We created chances and didn't take them.

Hickey had a nightmare. Nothing to do with a lack of support, the boy was just awful today. It happens.

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You've made a terrible comparison to try and make a stupid point. 

I called you on it, you've gone all in the huff and now throwing the insults about. 

I'm not in a huff - you made the ridiculoua statement in yet another attempt to make CL out to be so superior.

It wasn't a comparison I was trying to make,  more trying to say that what you said was hypothetical and gave you an example of how Hearts under Levein lost 5 goals in 14 minutes against a team worse than Kilmarnock.

You got on your precious Levein boat

50 minutes ago, KillieMitch said:

Nailed it.

I think we have the makings of a good squad:

Naismith & Whelan for a club our size are very much AAA signings

Souttar, Halkett, Smith, Haring - All excellent

Hickey, Cochrane, McDonald, Irving - Bags of potential

Uche, Clare, White, Morrison, Mulraney - Horribly inconsistent but when on their game could be excellent players for us. 

The rest are very much meh.

I think we need to move guys like Clare, White, Bozanic and Dikamona on. Ultimately, Clare isn't going to come good. We've waited, we've been patientn but he's not got it in him to influence games in the way we want him to. An absolute passenger with almost no positive contributions. He might be good in training or have nice feet but he's mentally weak. Much like Janczyk - all the talent, none of the conviction. He may well make it, but not here. 

We're also never going to achieve anything while our wide options consist of two lads with absolutely no end product (Morrison & Mulraney). I know Mulraney (finally) scored the other week there, but he needs to add that to his game otherwise we're wasting our time on him. Morrison, sorry to say isn't in the same calibre as Nicholson, King or Walker, and if King is no longer here, why is he? All 3 showed much more promise despite being in a much, much weaker side. 

I think this season is now a busted flush. We're probably not going to get relegated but we need to start planning (yet again) for another summer rebuild. I'd be looking to bring back Cochrane and McDonald in January and give as much game time as possible to lads like those two, Hickey, Irving, Hamilton and whoever else from the academy is looking like they can actually play football. Get Dikamona, Bozanic, White, Mclean, Doyle and Bobby away. They're not what we need and despite their ages they offer absolutely nothing to the squad. The youngsters may lack experience but you cannot deny that they actually have ability. 

Berra, at best is a squad player and the quicker Halkett and Souttar can get back fit the better. He's not the player he was, and its damn shame. 

We need a goalkeeper we can build around for at least the next 3 seasons. I've previously said Zander Clark and I still think he'd be a solid acquisition. Gordon's lucky if he has anymore than 2 seasons in him. Whether thats long enough to get Harry Stone into the team is up to the manager, although, given how useless our 2nd choice keepers are giving the laddie the chance to travel with the first team might be a good thing. 

If we could get those squad players out and bring in a higher standard, hell.. just mentally stronger players i'd be happy. Injuries have played a part but we absolutely cannot overlook the fact that many - most, of our squad when called upon have failed to step up. 

1 hour ago, JH-HMFC said:

Just home now absolutely diabolical. Game over after 16 minutes against *******  Kilmarnock.

Spineless from every player today and I include Naismith and Whelan in that. Not a single one of them looked interested - worrying signs for AM if he thought he was going to be the the man to turn it all around. Some of it was comicly bad, an absolutely hideous showing. 

The pressure intensifies even more on budge now to get the appointment right and none of the names are filling me with much excitement.

On the bright side I had a terrific pie as always there. 

F***** Kilmarnock who have given you lot a hiding more times than I can count over the last 10 years! 😂

26 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah agree with you! The kid needs taken out of that team just now because he's being dragged down by senior professionals who are playing utter dross 

He was bad today and has been dodgy for some time. Absolutely nothing to do with the players around him.

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair point. 

I'll concede. 

He was going too fast and ignored the warnings from other ships of dangers in the area. (the caprica/ caprica in particular? ... Iirc). 

Not going to cheat and Google, trying to go of memory. 🤔

👍

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

He was bad today and has been dodgy for some time. Absolutely nothing to do with the players around him.

The guy needs taken out of the limelight for a few weeks and give him a chance to get his confidence back.

41 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I went along  hoping I might see something to show we had taken on board the positives from the St Mirren game. What I watched suggests it is teams like St Mirren we are going to have to compete with for the remainder of this season. Today was just awful, the game was finished after 16 minutes. That in itself was disappointing, even worse than Kilmarnock appeared to have gone out of their way to try and make us feel at home by reducing the size of the pitch to dimensions we should be used to at Tynecastle.

We had nothing wide, no one up front, nothing in midfield and were pretty awful at the back during that opening spell. The highlight of today was the final whistle and the fact Halkett must be close to returning (for Ibrox I'd have him and Michael Smith as the two central defenders and remove both Dikamona and Berra from the side). There did seem to be an awful lot of players out there today who didn't want to be playing on a plastic surface and boy did it show. Now I just have to sit and think if I was right to get a ticket for Ibrox next week.

It could be grim, but I'm looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

Giving his age, his financial situation, our expectations, why the **** would he take it?

The age is irrelevant, Hodgson is in his late 70's and is doing just fine in the English Premier League. 

Warnock himself said he'd like a crack at the old firm with one of the Edinburgh sides, this wasn't an article from years ago, it was this year. I think he'd be right up for the challenge, comes across the type to thrive on it. 

The financial situation is also not an issue, he would come for the aforementioned challenge.

This is obviously just my opinion, I don't know the man.

21 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Hickey had a nightmare. Nothing to do with a lack of support, the boy was just awful today. It happens.

We didn't create chances, we could have scored from a couple of corners after they went in to neutral gear in the second half but we didn't because we are shite.

32 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

We were beat after 16 minutes. 
Little wonder we have hardly heard from you since your pal Levein has absolutely destroyed us as a football team and still the hangers on are left in charge to humiliate us even more!!! 

Edited by rick witter

1 hour ago, KillieMitch said:

I watched the game from the KIllie old stand as a mate of mine had a spare season ticket. It was frightening how poor we were today and Levein's legacy is going to take a long time to overturn. We were ponderous in our build up play with absolutely no clue other than firing a long ball up to Uche on the right wing. When will MacPhee realise we get nothing out of that. Their left back Hamalainan coped with everything (some player) and still we persisted. It was embarrassing. I think most on here thought the selected team was the best we could offer up at this time and they failed to perform to a man. Kilmarnock were faster, stronger, more street wise than any of ours. I can't remember their goalie making a single save. We are in deep shit and any new manager is going to have to work miracles with these guys for us to improve. AM and his coaches are 100% not the answer and any clearout needs to start with them. Thereafter I actually think that none of the current crop are worth keeping. If they want to go in January or the summer then go, it's that bad. Anyhow the Killie pies are still the best.

kingantti1874
36 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Oh great - look who’s back.. just what we need to cheer the place up. 🤦‍♂️

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We were beat after 16 minutes. 
Little wonder we have hardly heard from you since your pal Levein has absolutely destroyed us as a football team and still the hangers on are left in charge to humiliate us even more!!! 

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Oh great - look who’s back.. just what we need to cheer the place up. 🤦‍♂️

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, KillieMitch said:

Fair comments. But nearly 55 years after watching THAT Killie game your sympathy hurts.

I always feel that whoever we play seem to be faster at moving the ball than us.

Also seem to have more pace than us in most areas of the pitch. 

Ps was it Bozanic who's poor control led to the first goal? 😟😞

41 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

The age is irrelevant, Hodgson is in his late 70's and is doing just fine in the English Premier League. 

Warnock himself said he'd like a crack at the old firm with one of the Edinburgh sides, this wasn't an article from years ago, it was this year. I think he'd be right up for the challenge, comes across the type to thrive on it. 

The financial situation is also not an issue, he would come for the aforementioned challenge.

This is obviously just my opinion, I don't know the man.

He's 72 mate

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Same argument as 'he has won 4 out of 5 of his random games in charge'. 

Very fair point.