***Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - Official Matchday Thread***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Somewhat distracted, Saturday would be a great 3 points. Killie seem to be a bit more straight forward when they come on to you. New surface to negotiate, but hopeful we can grind out a win and get back in the right direction

Pereira

Smith Dikamona Berra Hickey

Whelan Bozanic (or Irving my pref but think it will be Boz)

Walker Naismith Mulraney

Ikpeazu

Mon the Hearts

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• rick witter

Reasonable record away to Killie and they also haven't won their last 3 league games. A good chance to move up to 6th with a win and other fixtures going our way. Think the squad above is as best as gets at the moment, fingers crossed Whelen is 100% fit and Berra/Dikamona perform better than they did against St Mirren. Would be nice to see Keena get a run out, just returned from Ireland U21's and the subs could be ok with the likes of Meshino, Irving, Damour and White.

3-1 to the Jam Tarts!

I also have a strong feeling that we will score 3.  Like everyone, I will be bitterly disappointed if we produce a hesitant, indifferent performance which was so frequent under levein.  I don't think we will.

3-1 to Hearts.  Halkett on the bench.

GorgieRules22

Still can’t find myself to feel confident about us just yet, win tommorow though and that’ll change.

Edited by GorgieRules22

TF the football is back! 

Tough game, they’ve got themselves sorted out again. All we can hope for is a performance as far removed from the one at Tynie as possible. Naisy Walker and Whelan back hopefully.

Opposition view:

Often I post these on here with a really clear idea of what is going to happen. Killie at the moment I have no idea. 

The drop in form is a bit misleading. Played almost the whole Motherwell game with 10 men and played Aberdeen with two central midfielders in defence. Accies scored two worldies without us doing anything wrong and in that way that nothing seems to make sense in some of these Accies games. 

Almsot everyone fit for this weekend is huge. Osman Sow is ready for the 'absolutely nailed on come off the bench and score against his old club' routine. 

I suspect Killie will be back to being very hard to beat. The midfield three are back to being brilliant. But we have no goals about us. None. Not even a little bit. Although it looks like Berra might help us out with that on current form. 

Is the pitch a factor for Naismith? 

Prediction - whoever scores first will win one nil. 

Branescu 

O'Donnell Del Fabro Bruce Hamalainan 

Dicker El Mekrini Power 

Burke                                                Millar

Brophy   

Edited by KillieMitch

1 hour ago, KillieMitch said:

Opposition view:

Often I post these on here with a really clear idea of what is going to happen. Killie at the moment I have no idea. 

The drop in form is a bit misleading. Played almost the whole Motherwell game with 10 men and played Aberdeen with two central midfielders in defence. Accies scored two worldies without us doing anything wrong and in that way that nothing seems to make sense in some of these Accies games. 

Almsot everyone fit for this weekend is huge. Osman Sow is ready for the 'absolutely nailed on come off the bench and score against his old club' routine. 

I suspect Killie will be back to being very hard to beat. The midfield three are back to being brilliant. But we have no goals about us. None. Not even a little bit. Although it looks like Berra might help us out with that on current form. 

Branescu 

Dicker El Mekrini Power 

Brophy   

Cheers Mitch. Usually I would agree about this game not producing many goals but I think we will set up to be more attacking under MacPhee and we do enjoy conceding a comedy goal. Wouldn’t surprise to see a 2-1 win either way or a 2-2 draw but think it will be a good game. 

1 hour ago, KillieMitch said:

Opposition view:

Branescu 

Dicker El Mekrini Power 

Brophy   

The difference between killieMitch and that aberdonian ****wit that posts on here is there’s never any sly wee digs made , disagree with the score line tho 2-1 for Hearts 

Interested to see how we play away from home under MacPhee. A win would be absolutely brilliant however based on our away performances over the last few years I'm not very confident. Hopefully the players go out there to prove a point that they're good enough to play for us. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

1 point. Drab dreary affair, few attempts, an injury and few goals (if any).

Like the last game then?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Interested to see how we play away from home under MacPhee. A win would be absolutely brilliant however based on our away performances over the last few years I'm not very confident. Hopefully the players go out there to prove a point that they're good enough to play for us. 

And for me. One thing imposing yourself at home, bar the Championship season, which you cant really factor in, for as long as I can remember we have been significantly weaker away from Tynecastle. We've picked up good wins along the way, for as much as I have a bad thing about McInnes he has an awfully good record of winning away matches.

We need to make it a habit, quickly for this season to be rescued I suspect

Just now, Sir Gio said:

And for me. One thing imposing yourself at home, bar the Championship season, which you cant really factor in, for as long as I can remember we have been significantly weaker away from Tynecastle. We've picked up good wins along the way, for as much as I have a bad thing about McInnes he has an awfully good record of winning away matches.

There’s not much in it.

We’ve picked up 7 pts at home and 5 pts away this season.

A win tomorrow and our away record will be better.

38 minutes ago, Boab said:

There’s not much in it.

We’ve picked up 7 pts at home and 5 pts away this season.

A win tomorrow and our away record will be better.

We only have 11 points.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Last season we won twice at Rugby Park, we lost twice at Tynecastle against the same opposition. McInnes managed zero wins against Levein in Edinburgh? Although Levein was apparently ‘beyond hopeless’ .

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Last season we won twice at Rugby Park, we lost twice at Tynecastle against the same opposition. McInnes managed zero wins against Levein in Edinburgh? Although Levein was apparently ‘beyond hopeless’ .

I think you are being rather selective, but I like it  :)

Aberdeen have rolled over Motherwell and Ross Co, whilst beating Hamilton in recent weeks. Venues we will need to win at to get back in the thick of things as Christmas approaches

2-1 Hearts.

Naisy and big Uche.

Hibs losing at home to Motherwell will complete a perfect day.

Jack Ross and John Leslie out on the town tomorrow night commiserating.

😳

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you are being rather selective, but I like it  :)

Aberdeen have rolled over Motherwell and Ross Co, whilst beating Hamilton in recent weeks. Venues we will need to win at to get back in the thick of things as Christmas approaches

We beat Motherwell 1-2 in the League Cup this season and scudded Hamilton 1-4 there last season ...

39 minutes ago, Boab said:

Oops, you’re right !

6 at home, 5 away.

Sorry, I had to ha.  Hate when folk correct people on here and get all pedantic.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We beat Motherwell 1-2 in the League Cup this season and scudded Hamilton 1-4 there last season ...

We've lost to both of these in our last league meetings.

I think its obvious Aberdeen have collected more points consistently than ourselves for quite a few years now. This is something I would like to end :)

ScandinavianJambo
12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

1 point. Drab dreary affair, few attempts, an injury and few goals (if any).

And the bar is set, which means that at least you can't be disappointed lol 

On 21/11/2019 at 11:52, Sir Gio said:

Somewhat distracted, Saturday would be a great 3 points. Killie seem to be a bit more straight forward when they come on to you. New surface to negotiate, but hopeful we can grind out a win and get back in the right direction

Pereira

Smith Dikamona Berra Hickey

Whelan Bozanic (or Irving my pref but think it will be Boz)

Walker Naismith Mulraney

Ikpeazu

Mon the Hearts

Irving will learn loads from Whelan & Naisy. The more he plays the better.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, mitch41 said:

Irving will learn loads from Whelan & Naisy. The more he plays the better.

Great to be in agreement today Mitch, and not be pathetic :love:

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Great to be in agreement today Mitch, and not be pathetic :love:

Keep trying, just follow my wealth of experience  ❤️

Edited by mitch41

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Has there been the usual pre-match press conference? Not seeing anything about it ...

Scrub that - see someone has started a thread on it ....

Probably against the rules as this has nothing to do with the game.

New thread on .net.  Title names 3 people.  Question asks "what do the above duo have in common".

Aren't they fantastic.

Pereira 

Hickey Smith Berra White 

Whelan  Irving

Bozanic 

Uche   Naisy  Walker

2-1 Hearts

portobellojambo1

Will be looking  to this game as a means of seeing if we have learned anything from the way we played versus St Mirren. Hopefully that game did show there is no reason to sit off the opposition and we should look to play the same way we did that day. While I'd like to see something really worth watching I'd be just as happy to come away with a win of any sort.