***Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - Official Matchday Thread***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I don’t agree with this idea everyone should be sacked because they worked under CL. It’s a bit odd really 

Me neither but imo Macphee should be removed from 1at team matters. 

He's been head hunted by the Irish and Scottish fa so has something to offer. 

Never as head coach tho imo, not with us. We shouldn't be his first gig. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• rick witter

north wales jambo

On train now to start long journey home, that was crap. Never want to see white or bozanic in a hearts shirt again. To many others just not good enough. Why wait so long to change formation, after 15 minutes we should have changed. Killie goalie never had a save to make. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I still think he will end up at Stoke. Probably next week tbh

Decent shout. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, north wales jambo said:

On train now to start long journey home, that was crap. Never want to see white or bozanic in a hearts shirt again. To many others just not good enough. Why wait so long to change formation, after 15 minutes we should have changed. Killie goalie never had a save to make. 

Bozanic irritates me. 

A nothing player. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Total clear out required!!!!

it must be done this week.

How'd that work? 

Nah players next week for Ibrox?

Surely all talk of us having a good squad of players is now dead. Money has been pished away on contracts for crocks, has-beens, never-will be's, journey-men, time-wasters and hammer throwers. Vital we have a new boss in place ASAP to gut the squad in the January transfer window. 

4 minutes ago, north wales jambo said:

Total respect to you for making that journey for what sounds like an insipid performance.  I'm sure better days lie ahead.

I don’t blame McPhee. He’s totally out of his depth and why wouldn’t he be? 

By his own admission he only assisted Levein/cathro/O’Neill implement their ideas and has his own way of doing things.

Which is fair enough but that will come with mistakes. If he wants to be a manager he needs to learn his trade in a less demanding environment. 

We need someone experienced to pull this shower of shite together and give them some fight and we need it yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

Surely all talk of us having a good squad of players is now dead. Money has been pished away on contracts for crocks, has-beens, never-will be's, journey-men, time-wasters and hammer throwers. Vital we have a new boss in place ASAP to gut the squad in the January transfer window. 

I think it is time people realised the above. Results speak for themselves. We made Killie look like Barcelona today.

I really hope Ann has got funds to give whoever the new manager is in January...otherwise we’re in serious trouble.

Minimum we need a goal scorer, a winger, a LB and a creative midfielder...otherwise the new man is going to need to work miracles with this shambles of a squad.

Leveins Battalion

This will take years to improve,years.Priority this season is avoiding relegation.This is the result of years of mismanagement from top to bottom.

Would be good to look at some of the Levein out threads from a fee years ago when the warning signs were there for all to see.

Honestly Pereira,White,Clare,Bozanic,Wighton where do you start with dross like that.

19 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

shouldn't have let the crosses in, disappointed. Sounded shell shocked. Very defensive when asked about prospects of getting job but response indicated he knew that ship had sailed. Can't start game against Rangers like that next week, but he may or may not be in charge at that stage.

TBH, I wasn't listening too closely as I'm raging at what I just watched.

Cheers mate, appreciated.

Sorry you had to watch that pish. 

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I really hope Ann has got funds to give whoever the new manager is in January...otherwise we’re in serious trouble.

Minimum we need a goal scorer, a winger, a LB and a creative midfielder...otherwise the new man is going to need to work miracles with this shambles of a squad.

Chuck a goalkeeper on the list as well bud.

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, because a captain does the job of a look out. 

Better comparison would be asking for a glazier to write a book or have an opinion on football if going down that route. 👍

Bit of a comic eh. Unfortunately your relentless excuses for Levein were not funny - they were feckin tragic!

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Out of interest SRB, who do you think will get the gig at Tynie?

I'm at a loss tbh. 

I think we went all in for Stendel, looks like that failed. 

Now, I have no idea. 

When I look at the lists on here it's depressing. 

McCall has the better cv out of them all and although I'd personally give him a chance it's hardly exciting and won't unite the support. 

It's a dugs dinner and tbh why I'd have kept CL until January as I think when injuries cleared up we'd have climbed the table, even a little. Killie wouldn't have scored 3 in ten minutes today for starters. 

Better time for a handover imo. 

Not a popular opinion tho. 

It's a ****ing mess atm. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This will take years to improve,years.Priority this season is avoiding relegation.This is the result of years of mismanagement from top to bottom.

Would be good to look at some of the Levein out threads from a fee years ago when the warning signs were there for all to see.

Honestly Pereira,White,Clare,Bozanic,Wighton where do you start with dross like that.

Add Dikamona, Morrison, Mulraney, Doyle, MacLean, and Washington (a striker that’s doesn’t score goals)...

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I'm at a loss tbh. 

Now, I have no idea. 

McCall has the better cv out of them all and although I'd personally give him a chance it's hardly exciting and won't unite the support. 

It's a dugs dinner and tbh why I'd have kept CL until January as I think when injuries cleared up we'd have climbed the table, even a little. Killie wouldn't have scored 3 in ten minutes today for starters. 

It's a ****ing mess atm. 

Yes, I agree. Stendel would be a goid choice but if he's not interested then what can we do. I rate Robinson but others don't. McCall imo would certainly be better than McCann or the legend that is Robbo.  Other than that, I am at a loss too. It does seem to be a bit of a mess.

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How'd that work? 

Nah players next week for Ibrox?

You know I meant backroom team 

or we could forfeit the game and take a 3-0

prob be better than what we’ll really get 

Edited by 1874robbo

Wasnt there today, thankfully.  But by the sound of it,  whoever gets the job should sit down and watch the match video.

I dont want MacPhee as manager, but cant blame him entirely for what happened today.  Its not the first time that this group of players has been absolutely shocking.  

Can't remember when I last felt quite so removed from those who get to wear the shirt. 

Holyrood_Hearts
24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Me neither but imo Macphee should be removed from 1at team matters. 

He's been head hunted by the Irish and Scottish fa so has something to offer. 

Never as head coach tho imo, not with us. We shouldn't be his first gig. 

Agreed. That bit regarding the Irish & Scottish FA is often overlooked by many in here. AM isnt a manager but that’s not to say he can’t make a good SD.

Maybe in hindsight we should’ve moved AM to SD & appointed Naysmith or Locke as interm  until a new manager was appointed 

13 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

This could have been posted anytime over the last 3 years.......

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

We need to go for Warnock...

Warnock is 70 and a millionaire, not sure what's in it for him tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Haken said:

Wasnt there today, thankfully.  But by the sound of it,  whoever gets the job should sit down and watch the match video.

I dont want MacPhee as manager, but cant blame him entirely for what happened today.  Its not the first time that this group of players has been absolutely shocking.  

Can't remember when I last felt quite so removed from those who get to wear the shirt. 

I think it was entirely Austin's fault. Our defence is weak so opening up and leaving space was stupid, you have to stay compact with a suspect defence and back them up.

At 0-0 I said killie were targeting Burke v Hickey. A good manager would have seen that too and made sure the gap was plugged, but white was clearly told to attack and Hickey hung out to dry.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He stated he would like a crack at it.

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Not sure Austin is telling them to defend so poorly. 

Still, gives folks further opportunity to abuse the guy. This is down to the players on the pitch. AM shouldn't be our manager, we can all agree on that. But to start blaming him for this debacle is nonsense. Players are at fault here.

Same argument as 'he has won 4 out of 5 of his random games in charge'. 

Just home now absolutely diabolical. Game over after 16 minutes against *******  Kilmarnock.

Spineless from every player today and I include Naismith and Whelan in that. Not a single one of them looked interested - worrying signs for AM if he thought he was going to be the the man to turn it all around. Some of it was comicly bad, an absolutely hideous showing. 

The pressure intensifies even more on budge now to get the appointment right and none of the names are filling me with much excitement.

On the bright side I had a terrific pie as always there. 

Maroon Sailor
25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm at a loss tbh. 

Now, I have no idea. 

It's a ****ing mess atm. 

Nah, probably would have scored 5 in 14 minutes

Don't know what to think any more.  Honestly don't.

Other than MacPhee shown the door.

Utterly shambolic and depressing.

MacPhee said after the game that the players and coaches all agreed that the performance wasn't good enough.  

Incredible really.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The whole lot should have been shown the door in the summer. To give Levein's team of serious underachievers these extra months has set us back years. We have good individuals, some are injured granted but the squad is honking as a whole! 

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, you’re idea of sticking with Levein would be much better.

That was brutal watching, no cover down the left side lead to the goals and we were never going to get back into the game after that. All last weeks craft and playing thru the opponents was discarded for the long ball and hoof upfield. They got their goals then didn't have to do anything as we huffed and puffed to no effect. 2nd half improved a little and at least we created a few chances. There is some talent their but we need a new man to bring it out. 

I had the misfortune to be in the centre stand and the Killie fans thought they were Barcelona!  Every pass was acclaimed as world class!

Still the pies were good! 

He cannot possibly be considered for the job after today. What he thought White would contribute in that formation is a complete mystery to me. He then loses a central defender to injury and rather than use Halkett as a straight replacement he brings in Clare at right back - a position Leven tried numerous times with no results. And finally I’d loved to know what he sees Uche do in training because he certainly ain’t a footballer.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Yeah, you’re idea of sticking with Levein would be much better.

Not sure what that has go to do with Warnock. 

I can't see him being interested in it- at all. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Nah, probably would have scored 5 in 14 minutes

Unlikely, we beat Killie twice there last season under CL. 

Can't remember Killie scoring 5 against us in 14 minutes, so not sure why that comment has any relevance at all. 

29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Warnocks never managed a club capable of winning trophies and qualifying for Europe, promotion yes, but never that should be challenging in the top division.

Hes also never managed outside the English leagues. There’s plenty of reasons to motivate him.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unlikely, we beat Killie twice there last season under CL. 

Can't remember Killie scoring 5 against us in 14 minutes, so not sure why that comment has any relevance at all. 

Kilmarnock > Livingston

HTF can you say that with CL in charge we wouldn't have conceded 3 in 10 minutes ?

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Just now, Birregrande said:

John Terry.

The Terry move is dead now if it ever even had a pulse tbh. It’d be his ‘first’ club, he’s not going to walk out on Villa for a club fighting relegation in the SPFL playing as woeful as we did today. Particularly with Celtic and Rangers coming in the next month. 

It’d be a huge risk at his end.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Heard there was around 1500 penicuikers there today. Brilliant stuff. 

Yeah. Great atmosphere. Partick fans booed their team off and applauded us which probably tells you how the match went.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Kilmarnock > Livingston

So you comparing today's game v Killie were we conceded 3 before 15 minutes v the Livingston game where we got a man sent off then conceded another 4.

The comparison works apart from different teams, situations and the red card. 

Great contribution as per from you. 

Try sticking to the debate rather than trying to score one over other posters to get your jollies. 

Maroon Sailor

So you comparing today's game v Killie were we conceded 3 before 15 minutes v the Livingston game where we got a man sent off then conceded another 4.

Try sticking to the debate rather than trying to score one over other posters to get your jollies. 

I've edited my post so answer my question

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Warnocks never managed a club capable of winning trophies and qualifying for Europe, promotion yes, but never that should be challenging in the top division.

Hes also never managed outside the English leagues. There’s plenty of reasons to motivate him.

Aye, or he can enjoy his life without any stress. 

I'd be Suprised in the extreme if he was Interested. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

You just talk pish when it comes to CL

jack D and coke

Aye, or he can enjoy his life without any stress. 

I'd be Suprised in the extreme if he was Interested. 

His age? Taking over that shower? 
Im sure he liked challenges.
He’s not completely radge. 

We aren’t a team built on resilience. We aren’t a team who know what’s required in most games to win, never mind away games. 

But we know away games are tougher.  What was the preparation for this match?

Our coaches think it’s solely about what shape or strategy we’ll play. We are too up  ourselves to go back to the basics and reinforce the need to be physical, win your battles, roll the sleeves up etc.....Basic human attributes needed to compete in sport.  

We are back to front and have been for a long time. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jack D and coke said:

His age? Taking over that shower? 
Im sure he liked challenges.
He’s not completely radge. 

Yip. 

Giving his age, his financial situation, our expectations, why the **** would he take it?