• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Agentjambo

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

Daniel Stendel. He's exactly what Ann says she wants. Probably too ambitious for us though.

Edit....that video above made my decision a few days ago.

Edited by jambonian

Just now, jambonian said:

Daniel Stendel. He's exactly what Ann says she wants. Probably too ambitious for us though.

He is fairly young,ambitious, buys into the youth aspect,plays attractive football...what's not to like.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He is fairly young,ambitious, buys into the youth aspect,plays attractive football...what's not to like.

Exactly my thoughts. Probably a pipe dream though. :(

A minor point, but I keep seeing people putting “young” amongst the desirable credentials for the potential candidates. Why?

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

A minor point, but I keep seeing people putting “young” amongst the desirable credentials for the potential candidates. Why?

Think its maybe imo that younger managers have a better understanding of a modern dynamic way of playing...eg.Klopp,Guardiola. 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Think its maybe imo that younger managers have a better understanding of a modern dynamic way of playing...eg.Klopp,Guardiola. 

Surely that’s just as applicable to a manager who has been working in the industry during the same time as them, regardless of age?

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Surely that’s just as applicable to a manager who has been working in the industry during the same time as them, regardless of age?

Perhaps...

Looks like Stendel is going to get the JKB vote.  I'm happy with that.  He got mine.

Haven't heard however whether he has expressed any interest.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Perhaps...

In fact, there’s an argument that they will have experience of these new fangled set ups and tactics, as well as experience of the old bygone archaic ways of ten years ago, prior to the great modern football revolution. Anyway, it is a minor point as I said, but I just don’t see being young as a positive attribute. 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It's a pile of shite. Seems to be this idea that if you are over 60 you must be a tactical dinosaur who plays a shite style of football.

Yet there have been managers getting teams playing the beautiful game for the last 50 years or more.

Age has nothing to do with it. It all comes down to a managers own principles.

Edited by Bauld

Just now, Bauld said:

It's a pile of shite. Seems to be this idea that if you are over 60 you must be a tactical dinosaur who plays a shite style of football.

Yet there has been managers getting teams playing the beautiful game for the last 50 years or more.

Age has nothing to do with it. It all comes down to a managers own principles.

Definitely. Agree with you completely.

Hampden Demolition

Stendal is exactly who we need. Plays good football and had a young squad at Barnsley. Reckon he would work wonders with the team, especially when he has players like Naismith and Whelan at his disposal. Add in youth such as Hickey, Cochrane and McDonald and we could be into something special. 

1 minute ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Stendal is exactly who we need. Plays good football and had a young squad at Barnsley. Reckon he would work wonders with the team, especially when he has players like Naismith and Whelan at his disposal. Add in youth such as Hickey, Cochrane and McDonald and we could be into something special. 

Totally agree...

Some good (and bad) names in the top list.  I have had a look at the Daniel Stendel video and his enthusiasm is what you want, and he seems to have had all at Barnsly eating out of his hands.  However, lets not forget that he was sacked for a 10 game run without a win, but will probably emerge and learn from that experience.  All on the list have merits and the ones with no votes come as no real surprise. I will put my vote on Stendel as he seems to talk a good game and is what we need right now.

Has he applied for the job?..........Does anyone have any clues?

Will we be able to afford him?.....Is it worth pushing the boat out to get him?

Will we know after the 17.30 meeting tonight?(14/11/19)

HHGH

I don't think the age thing is really that much of an issue. If we were to get Warnock in then i'm sure he'd do quite well. But he won't be looking for an ambitious move afterwards at his time of life. I look at Roy Hodgson at Crystal Palace and admire the way he likes to have them play. I mean no disrespect to Palace but they are a low to mid-table club competing against some of the top clubs in Europe but with the league being larger down there, mid-table is no mean feat is quite acceptable. Up here there's really only the old firm to compete with. Managing a club like Hearts should be a very interesting job for any coach, the challenge of getting something over the old firm here outweighs what a Crystal Palace or a Watford-type club would be expected do against the big guns down there. The point is that if a younger manager (like Stendel for example) was available we'd be mad to not even think of or approach someone like that.

2 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

Stendel for me does anyone know if he has applied or is being considered 

He's never been mentioned as being in for the job as far as i'm aware so no-one knows. Be a pity though if he was available and we didn't at least give him a shout, especially after he seems to be the type Ann is looking for.  

14 minutes ago, skwif1 said:

Some good (and bad) names in the top list.  I have had a look at the Daniel Stendel video and his enthusiasm is what you want, and he seems to have had all at Barnsly eating out of his hands.  However, lets not forget that he was sacked for a 10 game run without a win, but will probably emerge and learn from that experience.  All on the list have merits and the ones with no votes come as no real surprise. I will put my vote on Stendel as he seems to talk a good game and is what we need right now.

Has he applied for the job?..........Does anyone have any clues?

Will we be able to afford him?.....Is it worth pushing the boat out to get him?

Will we know after the 17.30 meeting tonight?(14/11/19)

HHGH

Sorry skwif didn’t mean to reply to you. That’s McKinley’s managerial stats though. 😬

CC8A6FB3-D4E2-45E1-83AF-E4EAEFE4BE64.png

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sorry skwif didn’t mean to reply to you. That’s McKinley’s managerial stats though. 😬

CC8A6FB3-D4E2-45E1-83AF-E4EAEFE4BE64.png

He had a cracking 8 days at Watford.

24 minutes ago, jambonian said:

He's never been mentioned as being in for the job as far as i'm aware so no-one knows. Be a pity though if he was available and we didn't at least give him a shout, especially after he seems to be the type Ann is looking for.  

Cheers he’s the one man on the list that excites me tbh

Mark Hughes is the standout name on that list although cant see him being interested. Managed 100s of games in the English premier league, had stoke in the top half for a few seasons. Not always the most popular but managed at the top level for over a decade..

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Keano but won’t happen obviously so probably Robinson 

Head round to Clermiston if you’ve got an Irish accent and you’re looking for a date! :lol: