• Agentjambo

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I would take Levein before most of the names we have been linked with FFS 😐

Totally underwhelming tbh 

agree.

Why don't we just appoint somebody from Kickback?   Perhaps some of the critics would do a fantastic job.  I mean how could they possibly be any worse than than ex-professional footballers and/or experienced managers on the list?

9 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Why don't we just appoint somebody from Kickback?   Perhaps some of the critics would do a fantastic job.  I mean how could they possibly be any worse than than ex-professional footballers and/or experienced managers on the list?

Got to agree, really don’t know what people want and expect, but they need to calm their jets. Need to laugh at Budge though asking for big Felix’s CV ffs. 

16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Got to agree, really don’t know what people want and expect, but they need to calm their jets. Need to laugh at Budge though asking for big Felix’s CV ffs. 

Only place I’ve read that was in the Record, and they have proven not to have their finger on the pulse at our club consistently. Mark Fotheringham on the other hand has said Felix has applied and is definitely interested.

I can’t believe I’m saying this as someone  from the blue and white half of Sheffield but Warnock is by far the most attractive name on that list. I doubt it will happen because Budge has publicly said she doesn’t want to go through the hiring process frequently. I’m pretty sure Budge said she wants a long term appointment? Neil probably has 2 years at best.

I’ve seen Daniel Stendel’s Barnsley, being locally based in South Yorkshire, and I understand the attraction. His teams play good football and he was adored by the Dingles up the road. Holloway would be my 2nd pick but I would also be happy with Stendel.

Walter Smith is clearly advising Budge if McCall is being mentioned. He shouldn’t even be in the running. Pressley and McCann are hopefully only being mentioned due to their former links to the club. 

Is everyone cool about how long this is taking or going to take. 

We are giving MacPhee a chance, how long is that? 

Win against Killie, he gets the job? 

Wait till December and the Savco game? 

If that doesn't work out, do we start interviewing in December? 

I know some are saying it's right to take our time and make the right decision,  but how much time and information do you need? 

Edited by jumpship

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jumpship said:

I know some are saying it's right to take our time and make the right decision,  but how much time and information do you need? 

You from Hamilton? 

17 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Stendal is exactly who we need. Plays good football and had a young squad at Barnsley. Reckon he would work wonders with the team, especially when he has players like Naismith and Whelan at his disposal. Add in youth such as Hickey, Cochrane and McDonald and we could be into something special. 

Exciting times ahead and I would keep Austin McPhee on probably in the SD role.

7 minutes ago, allyby said:

Well it's obvious from the poll no one wants Stuart McCall, please don't appoint this guy!

Has anyone other than one madcap poster on here said he is even being considered ?

20 minutes ago, jumpship said:

We have a safe pair of hands as an Interim manager so there's no hurry.

Plus we have a position of Sporting Director to fill as well.   It may be wise to make sure the two appointments are filled with people who share similar views on the way forward.

21 minutes ago, jumpship said:

If we had done it more quickly, we would have ruled out every foreign manager, every manager currently in a role and ruled out McPhee (or appointed him with no knowledge of what he can do with the team). 
I’m happy for it to drag on as long as possible. Give McPhee a couple of games to rule himself in or out.
only downside of delay is possibility of us dropping more points and manager we want going elsewhere. I’m  Ok with McPhee looking after the former and haven’t seen any possible “targets” being picked off. 
calm down and let the Committee do their job in their good time. 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We have a safe pair of hands as an Interim manager so there's no hurry.

Plus we have a position of Sporting Director to fill as well.   It may be wise to make sure the two appointments are filled with people who share similar views on the way forward.

Agree the point re manager and Sporting Director fitting together. Assume the interview process includes full discussions about the structure and split of roles and responsibilities. 

17 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Surely that’s just as applicable to a manager who has been working in the industry during the same time as them, regardless of age?

You would think so but the overwhelming evidence suggests otherwise. I can give you 10 old dinosaurs for every 1 decent oldie in the category of managers we could actually attract unfortunately. 

See folk saying Warnock - what is it you think he would bring? His football style is eye bleedingly bad, sure it would be funny for a while having him go mental every second game but his football is atrocious. 

2 minutes ago, The Brow said:

You would think so but the overwhelming evidence suggests otherwise. I can give you 10 old dinosaurs for every 1 decent oldie in the category of managers we could actually attract unfortunately. 

See folk saying Warnock - what is it you think he would bring? His football style is eye bleedingly bad, sure it would be funny for a while having him go mental every second game but his football is atrocious. 

I’m in the Felix Magath camp personally. Warnock I think would do a job though, he has set teams out at a high level for decades, so he would know what he’s doing. The style of play thing shouldn’t really be discounted, but maybe he would play more to style of our squad? I would hope he had enough experience to realise that we ain’t gonna get results by getting Morrison and Mulraney to try and swing the ball in to Uche and Naismith from out wide. 😬

Felix! Felix! Felix!

How can anyone say otherwise? He has a CV worthy of managing Liverpool or Man City. No brainer. Get him in and let’s smash up the league. 

Felix!!

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I would take Levein before most of the names we have been linked with FFS 😐

Totally underwhelming tbh 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

agree.

Instead of pissing and moaning, lets hear the REALSTIC names (as in those we can actually afford to pay/pay off, those who are actually interested in managing us etc) that you would choose from then

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, jumpship said:

If you apply for a job, from when you actually apply to getting the actual job...how long does it take?

15 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’m in the Felix Magath camp personally. Warnock I think would do a job though, he has set teams out at a high level for decades, so he would know what he’s doing. The style of play thing shouldn’t really be discounted, but maybe he would play more to style of our squad? I would hope he had enough experience to realise that we ain’t gonna get results by getting Morrison and Mulraney to try and swing the ball in to Uche and Naismith from out wide. 😬

Having just watched almost three seasons of it at Cardiff, its hoofball x 1000000m. Its truly shite. Its ok if youre winning but between that and Hearts under Levein, I've seen more shite football matches in two years than the previous 20ish. 

We have the players to play football. We have pace and technique. Lets get a manager who will actually try to play something approaching fun, attractive, winning football. Im not asking for LIverpool/Man City, just something resembling what I used to think was football. 

From that list, it has to be Stendel. But is there actually any remote possibility of that happening? As far as I'm aware he's just another name that's been thrown about on here and social media.

Just now, The Brow said:

Having just watched almost three seasons of it at Cardiff, its hoofball x 1000000m. Its truly shite. Its ok if youre winning but between that and Hearts under Levein, I've seen more shite football matches in two years than the previous 20ish. 

We have the players to play football. We have pace and technique. Lets get a manager who will actually try to play something approaching fun, attractive, winning football. Im not asking for LIverpool/Man City, just something resembling what I used to think was football. 

I do know what you mean, and I’ve not watched Cardiff’s games very often like you have. So I’ll have to take your word for it. I just couldn’t imagine an experienced manager taking a look at our squad and deciding hoofball was the way to go. Totally agree about the squad we have, it’s full of football players. I like Hearts teams that play on the front foot. Solid defence and a quality anchorman, then footballers who like to run at the opposition, like JJ’s first spell or Burnley’s team. Wide players who like to cut in and run in to the box. Results come first obviously, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn’t be disappointed if we appointed a new manager and the Football was dull and uninspiring.

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Instead of pissing and moaning, lets hear the REALSTIC names (as in those we can actually afford to pay/pay off, those who are actually interested in managing us etc) that you would choose from then

well I’d have an idea of the type of managers I want In terms of the football I wanted to play at the profile, and then I’d go find suitable candidates 

instead we’ve opened our doors to waif’s, strays, has Beene and never has beens - there’s no similarities between the candidates who have supposed been interviewed, we clearly have no idea what we want..

id rather have McPhee for a few years above most of the clowns on the list..

stuart ****ing McCall.. give me strength. 

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

well I’d have an idea of the type of managers I want In terms of the football I wanted to play at the profile, and then I’d go find suitable candidates 

instead we’ve opened our doors to waif’s, strays, has Beene and never has beens - there’s no similarities between the candidates who have supposed been interviewed, we clearly have no idea what we want..

id rather have McPhee for a few years above most of the clowns on the list..

stuart ****ing McCall.. give me strength. 

names, I asked for names. You've mentioned one name of people we've interviewed.

Again, give me the names of the realistic individuals you would pick

Think whoever takes the job, the process of identifying the correct person should be properly thorough. The majority of those favourites are currently not employed so the ball should be in our court. I personally would like to see McPhee given more time and see how we do against Killie away. Read a few players (Mulraney, Naisy, Smith) speaking in the media backing him which for me goes a long way. 

I do like Warnock as a character but unsure if long term he would be the correct fit.

Adkins for me.  Down the middle, gets on with it, doesn’t whore himself to the media as a ‘character’.  I don’t want a clown, I want a good football manager.

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

names, I asked for names. You've mentioned one name of people we've interviewed.

Again, give me the names of the realistic individuals you would pick

I’ve mentioned names previously on this thread, I’m not doing it again.

27 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Get Stendel. 

The huge amount of people wanting Stendel is bandwagon stuff, If you'd asked most people 6 weeks ago about him, the answer would have been "who?" 

If such a poll was in existence when Robbie left, I'd bet Cathro would have been the Stendel then.

If they are even vaguely interested (no-one knows who's applied), interview Mark Hughes, Nigel Adkins and Roy Keane, that would show intent.

Edited by ericb

Voted for Magath.

Excellent CV. In addition to winning the title with Wolfsburg he also returned to them a few seasons later and dragged them out of relegation trouble to mid table respectability. 

Many have suggested that an outsider, with no inbuilt fear of Celtic and/or Rangers, would be the ideal and surely Felix would meet that criteria. I quite like the idea, too, of having a few slick German footballers in the team.

Add the thought of Magath, the hard taskmaster, running Sean Clare ragged and what's not to like? 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

I take it anyone going on about Felix hasn't seen the Sidwell clip where he describes some of his weird methods.

1 minute ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I take it anyone going on about Felix hasn't seen the Sidwell clip where he describes some of his weird methods.

I’ve seen it. Don’t think it overrules his impressive achievements as a manager. Might be a bit nutty but he’s no barking mad. 

Steve Cotterill for me, just edging out Neil Warnock. 

Personally not a fan of this story of us now working on "the next stage" of approaching managers employed by other clubs. 

Unless we haven't been impressed by the interviews carried out thus far, I don't see why we are doing it this way. If we have a target in mind, like Robinson, then why dick around? Do that "stage" first, if you don't like him after speaking to him then start the process of inviting applications. All we are doing is wasting time in my opinion, if Robinson is who she wants then speak to Motherwell and see what we think. If we like him, get him in and let him get on with the job.

My half sister
23 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Wonder what tommy mclean is up to.

Him and Tam Forsyth are cutting about in shell suits moaning like fcuk

27 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Seen it. Then read Fotheringham’s interview where he claims Sidwell is a churlish unprofessional dick.

3 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

I said Hartley from that last, most of the others are uninspiring or a huge gamble. 

What's inspiring about Hartley? 

47 minutes ago, martoon said:

Voted for Magath.

Excellent CV. In addition to winning the title with Wolfsburg he also returned to them a few seasons later and dragged them out of relegation trouble to mid table respectability. 

Many have suggested that an outsider, with no inbuilt fear of Celtic and/or Rangers, would be the ideal and surely Felix would meet that criteria. I quite like the idea, too, of having a few slick German footballers in the team.

Add the thought of Magath, the hard taskmaster, running Sean Clare ragged and what's not to like? 

Sean Clare might actually come good under magath.

I think Stendel might offer something different. But there is also very little evidence to suggest that he would even consider the job.

My first choice would be Stendel and I knew about him before the vacancy arose. High-tempo football, an emphasis on the academy and putting a smile on people’s faces seems to be in order after the last couple of seasons of utter drudgery. 

Stendel is high-risk and if we are risk averse, then my next choice would be Warnock. He would offer little long-term, progress from academy to first team would suffer, but our profile would be phenomenal and there would be no question about commitment. He never played hoofball when he had Taarabt at QPR so the hoofball accusation isn’t entirely accurate. However, with what we have, we would likely see a more effective version of what Levein has offered up. 

Robinson or Stendel.

Voted for Robinson but think we have a better chance of getting Stendel, given the Irish job is still up for grabs.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Busby8 said:

Robinson or Stendel.

Voted for Robinson but think we have a better chance of getting Stendel, given the Irish job is still up for grabs.

Surely has to be one of these 2 from the lists provided??Anybody else would be humdinging.

I don’t think Hibs liked how much our vacant position overshadowed their own, so they just went out and stalked old Jack Ross so they could save the embarrassment.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry