• Gary Naysmith
    • Andy Kirk
    • Roy Keane
    • Craig Levein
    • Other

6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Overwhelming support for Jack Ross😁

Guaranteed to get the gig now. 🙄

I quite like polls on here for this very reason. There is clearly a quiet majority who vote the opposite way to the way public posting opinion seems to suggest. :lol: 

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Agentjambo

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Think its maybe imo that younger managers have a better understanding of a modern dynamic way of playing...eg.Klopp,Guardiola. 

Klopp? Is he young? 

Just checked. 52 :lol:

Cathro was young. Eddie Howe is young.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I quite like polls on here for this very reason. There is clearly a quiet majority who vote the opposite way to the way public post opinion seems to suggest. :lol: 

The two punters who voted for Craig kinda prove your point 😀

Voted  "Other"  Hughton, probably no chance but very few on list excite me anyway. He seems competent enough,  that will do for me. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The two punters who voted for Craig kinda prove your point 😀

There’s far more evidence than that mate. Polls on this forum are delicious in the way they go against the grain of the loudest voices on the public forum. Always good for a laugh.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

There’s far more evidence than that mate. Polls on this forum are delicious in the way they go against the grain of the loudest voices on the public forum. Always good for a laugh.

👍

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

They’re just pure at it 🤣

Or perhaps they just think he’s a better option than the others on the list!

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Or perhaps they just think he’s a better option than the others on the list!

Aye maybe. Hard to imagine but injuries and stuff.

1 hour ago, cameron79 said:

Other. Roger Schmitt

Had never heard of Schmidt but looks an interesting one, right enough...

Anyway, Stendel, assuming he's applied or is otherwise on the radar.

I love it when we've got an edge about us and there's a real siege mentality at Tynecastle.

Warnock would give us that instantly so I voted for him.

I clearly need to go and find a Stendel thread to see what all the fuss is about. While Stendel needs to find whoever has been talking him up on JKB and hire them as his agent.

There seem to be a lot more League One aficionados that I expected on this board. I'm going to put my hand up and say I don't recall ever having registered his existence before his name cropped up on here. Is his wikipedia entry right? As far as I can see he has two jobs, one lasting just under a year and the other a little over a year.

Sacked by Hannover 96. Took them over with only 6 games to go in the top flight. bottom of the table. But during those 6 games they did went from 10points from safety to 11points from safety. He didn't last a full season in the second-tier despite them keeping most of their top flight squad. They were 4th when they sacked him. His replacement managed to get them up to 2nd and promotion.

After a year out the league, Stendel then went to Barnsley who had just been relegated to League One from the Championship. He took them straight back up finishing second. He was then sacked after 11 games back in the Championship having won 1 in 11 games.

I'm not saying it is a rubbish record, but I'm really not sure I see what the fuss is about either. Never won anything, sacked from every job he's ever had, etc. Can't help feeling that if he was English or Scottish rather than German he wouldn't have nearly the same level of support.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Head round to Clermiston if you’ve got an Irish accent and you’re looking for a date! :lol: 

Haha now that's one of your better posts Mothy:flag1:

26 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I clearly need to go and find a Stendel thread to see what all the fuss is about. While Stendel needs to find whoever has been talking him up on JKB and hire them as his agent.

There seem to be a lot more League One aficionados that I expected on this board. I'm going to put my hand up and say I don't recall ever having registered his existence before his name cropped up on here. Is his wikipedia entry right? As far as I can see he has two jobs, one lasting just under a year and the other a little over a year.

Sacked by Hannover 96. Took them over with only 6 games to go in the top flight. bottom of the table. But during those 6 games they did went from 10points from safety to 11points from safety. He didn't last a full season in the second-tier despite them keeping most of their top flight squad. They were 4th when they sacked him. His replacement managed to get them up to 2nd and promotion.

After a year out the league, Stendel then went to Barnsley who had just been relegated to League One from the Championship. He took them straight back up finishing second. He was then sacked after 11 games back in the Championship having won 1 in 11 games.

I'm not saying it is a rubbish record, but I'm really not sure I see what the fuss is about either. Never won anything, sacked from every job he's ever had, etc. Can't help feeling that if he was English or Scottish rather than German he wouldn't have nearly the same level of support.

Correct. Why we would want him when we could have a guy who’s coached/managed at a higher level and has a better record of getting numerous team promoted is beyond me.

Stendel just has a whiff of the hibs about him - play good football and achieve just about what you probably should, before it all goes horribly wrong. 

24 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The Stendel video is on this thread (page one I think) It's not that there's major hype over him, if you see the video you'll understand why his name has been mentioned so often. If Ann Budge wrote scripts on what she wanted for the club then that video is exactly what would be written and what she'd looking for regardless of what us fans think.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stendel winning with the least crimes against his name. Would wager 95% have not seen Barnsley kick a ball 

I'm a little surprised as many folk voting for a 70 year old Colin.

I'm also a wee bit surprised at myself for voting for McCann. I'd also be happy with Keane or Stendel

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

I love it when we've got an edge about us and there's a real siege mentality at Tynecastle.

Warnock would give us that instantly so I voted for him.

By far and away the outstanding candidate 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Why the **** is Craig Levein an option? :lol:

3 semifinals in a row cup final in one 

15 minutes ago, jambonian said:

The Stendel video is on this thread (page one I think) It's not that there's major hype over him, if you see the video you'll understand why his name has been mentioned so often. If Ann Budge wrote scripts on what she wanted for the club then that video is exactly what would be written and what she'd looking for regardless of what us fans think.

So as long as you say the right things then? **** doing them, as long as the intent is there. :lol:

In that case we should have stuck with Levein. 

With the support this split, it'll be hard to bring in a manager who will unite us.

So I picked  Robbo. 😊

Shame on all who didn't. :D

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, AndyNic said:

Legend.

Well I know,  but arguably a better cv than the vast majority of those applying to replace him

12 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I wouldn't mind Robinson as I've said before but I went for Stendel here. That video has definitely swayed me. 

Can see why people would be swayed by that video but a crucial detail is that to play his style you need have a young, fit squad. At the moment we don't have that!

Therefore it may come as a surprise but he might not be interested in managing us.

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, Deans Jambo said:

Can see why people would be swayed by that video but a crucial detail is that to play his style you need have a young, fit squad. At the moment we don't have that!

Therefore it may come as a surprise but he might not be interested in managing us.

Or maybe we aren't asking that from our current squad. They would all get a clean slate for me under a new manager. The Hearts job is a big one and Stendel would be silly not to be interested. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Well I know,  but arguably a better cv than the vast majority of those applying to replace him

The right guy was here all along !

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Or maybe we aren't asking that from our current squad. They would all get a clean slate for me under a new manager. The Hearts job is a big one and Stendel would be silly not to be interested. 

We could ask but that type of team needs super fit players. 

Arthur Morgan
18 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

We could ask but that type of team needs super fit players. 

I get the feeling the previous regime didn't have them fit enough, but we'll see what happens. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
8 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

appearing at the photoshoot last minute, wearing a Hearts strip,

We’ll have another physio scandal if terry is appointed. 

Seriously poll says it all. Offer it to stendel or warnock. I’d also be happy with Keane as he has a global profile, did well with Sunderland and has matured as a character in recent years.

Edited by Rudi5kaceldream1ng
5-1

5 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A minor point, but I keep seeing people putting “young” amongst the desirable credentials for the potential candidates. Why?

Probably because for a club with our sort of standing and budget, there's a choice of either young, or older but with a track record that includes a significant amount of failure. 

There are many candidates who we are not even aware of...managers for example in Holland like the current Cambuur manager

Candidates like Mike Flynn of Newport County who has done well over the last 2 years or so or Gareth Ainsworth of Wycombe Wanderers

They would bring a fresh eye to things

In Scotland Robinson has done a good job at Motherwell but the problem is being based here the fans know everything about him and already hold a view even before he  would start the job...there would be a split from the beginning.

You have to consider the manager we have in place and he should be considered (for either role)..he again though is well known and views have already been formed

However are they the experienced managers our owner talked about....Warnock would fit the bill but it could be a bumpy ride

Edited by CJGJ

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

There is enough hype for over 40% of fans on this poll to pick him out of a list of 20 people. 

Having watched that video all I really know is the chairman picked him based on stats, he likes a laptop and likes a high press. Not sure this really sets him apart from lots of young managers. It looks like he brought one academy graduate through at Barnsley. What is it that you think meets the Budge perfect model?

I'm not anti the guy. If we appoint him I'll be perfectly happy. But still none the wiser as to why so many Hearts fans are identifying him as their preferred choice.

I have a mate who is a Barnsley fan so I’ve watched a bit of them on tv. They play(ed) just as described in the video. Re Stendel, they all thought he did a great job, but the problem this season was that they sold a couple of players and never bought anyone after promotion. According to my mate (and what little I’ve seen this season) they lack a couple of senior players in the spine of the team. We already have that with Naismith, Whelan and Souttar/Halkett/Berra/Smith, so it could be that the squad could be a decent fit for him. 

And the Barnsley fans didn’t want him to go. They were sure that given time (and maybe even beyond the possible relegation) he was building a squad and a  style that would succeed over the longer term. 

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

There is enough hype for over 40% of fans on this poll to pick him out of a list of 20 people. 

Having watched that video all I really know is the chairman picked him based on stats, he likes a laptop and likes a high press. Not sure this really sets him apart from lots of young managers. It looks like he brought one academy graduate through at Barnsley. What is it that you think meets the Budge perfect model?

I'm not anti the guy. If we appoint him I'll be perfectly happy. But still none the wiser as to why so many Hearts fans are identifying him as their preferred choice.

Because he tries to play the German way which is very watchable, the Barnsley fans seems to love him, and the other candidates are all dogshit boring 

kingantti1874

Daily record saying Stuart McCall form favourite..

oh well at least I won’t have any emotional ties holding me back from booing the fcuk out of that **** when he loses a few games.

thats the best thing I have to say about that

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

oh well at least I won’t have any emotional ties holding me back from booing the fcuk out of that **** when he loses a few games.

🤣🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Because he tries to play the German way which is very watchable, the Barnsley fans seems to love him, and the other candidates are all dogshit boring 

True

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Also true. 

If we have guys like that on the list then can we have an Administration option?

Edited by Nookie Bear