BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Depends on the terms of their agreement with the BBC. But I just can't see the BBC airing something that puts the boot into the SPFL, Doncaster et al, Celtic, and the great majority of clubs.

It will be fly on the wall with the flies either not close enough to learn anything... or condemn anyone.

As I say though, they'd lose credibility. They're on the inside of a massive story. That's gold for any documentary maker.

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

Francis Albert
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

As I say though, they'd lose credibility. They're on the inside of a massive story.

Unless they had access to SPFL meetings and correspondence and Rangers supposed golden bullet  they unfortunately are no more on the inside than anyone else.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Unless they had access to SPFL meetings and correspondence and Rangers supposed golden bullet  they unfortunately are no more on the inside than anyone else.

Do you watch many documentaries? Watch the film Icarus I mentioned. At least initially, it mostly has one side, a lot of it over Skype interviews which were still very compelling. Then he did his job to try to get the other side and documented that.

That's what Two Rivers can do. They can seek interviews with the other players. If those players decline, trying to get those interviews becomes part of the story and in  a way tells its own story. That's what Michael Moore does. Trying to get answers becomes the story.

Also, being on the inside gives them Ann Budge. She herself on the inside and she can reveal more detail directly.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Francis Albert
31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Do you watch many documentaries? Watch the film Icarus I mentioned. At least initially, it mostly has one side, a lot of it over Skype interviews which were still very compelling. Then he did his job to try to get the other side and documented that.

That's what Two Rivers can do. They can seek interviews with the other players. If those players decline, trying to get those interviews becomes part of the story and in  a way tells its own story. That's what Michael Moore does. Trying to get answers becomes the story.

Also, being on the inside gives them Ann Budge. She herself on the inside and she can reveal more detail directly.

Ok. We will see. I enjoy Michael Moore but I doubt he persuades many who don't already agree with him. And they will have an uphill struggle in persuading the Scottish football establishment and BBC Scotland, the The Record and Sun etc

Edited by Francis Albert

brunoatemyhamster

This could be a real money maker. 

" I've got this Football documentary. Just one season, but it starts of like Sunderland til I die, then a bit 28 days later in the middle, and ends like Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy" 

Only thing missing is Joe Exotic. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Ok. We will see. I enjoy Michael Moore but I doubt he persuades many who don't already agree with him. And they will have an uphill struggle in persuading the Scottish football establishment and BBC Scotland, the The Record and Sun etc

That's not the aim. Well it is for Moore, but the Hearts thing is a fly on the wall not an expose. It's all about storytelling and they just lucked into an amazing story, on top of all the other shite going on at Hearts this past year.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

This could be a real money maker. 

" I've got this Football documentary. Just one season, but it starts of like Sunderland til I die, then a bit 28 days later in the middle, and ends like Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy" 

Only thing missing is Joe Exotic. 

Go close in at the sides and Ann Budge could do a decent Joe Exotic mullet. Although, in the TV entertainment hair stakes, Neil Doncaster's bizarre barnet surely deserves wider exposure.

Edited by ToqueJambo

brunoatemyhamster
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Go close in at the sides and Ann Budge could do a decent Joe Exotic mullet. Although, in the TV entertainment hair stakes, Neil Doncaster's bizarre barnet surely deserves wider exposure.

He's more GI Joe Exotic with that haircut. 

Austin MacGlee
14 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Imagine we used this medium to out the blatant corruption 😂🤦‍♂️

Surely this is what will happen. There's no escaping the corruption and this will just have it on camera for everyone to see.

• 1 month later...

Are they still gathering content? I really hope the last few weeks are all part of the documentary. The stuff on Sportsound, the conspiracies, the lot.

colinmaroon

Dear Ann

If we go for a 14 team Premiership will you withdraw your permission about the current documentary?

Your faithful lickspittle CEO

Neil Doncaster

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, kila said:

Are they still gathering content? I really hope the last few weeks are all part of the documentary. The stuff on Sportsound, the conspiracies, the lot.

It could be epic, and better for us as the most recent stuff will become the story if they have any sense, instead of our pathetic season.

annushorribilis III
8 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Dear Ann

If we go for a 14 team Premiership will you withdraw your permission about the current documentary?

Your faithful lickspittle CEO

Neil Doncaster

This could be comedy gold. Get that guy from  C4 Come Dine With Me to do the continuity.  

"As Hearts & the SPFL disappear in a massive fireball of mutual destruction fuelled by  acrimony & mutual hate, Ann Budge takes 5 minutes out of her daily schedule to ask Neil Doncaster for a quick update on his odyssey to find a sponsor ".

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

This could be comedy gold. Get that guy from  C4 Come Dine With Me to do the continuity.  

"As Hearts & the SPFL disappear in a massive fireball of mutual destruction fuelled by  acrimony & mutual hate, Ann Budge takes 5 minutes out of her daily schedule to ask Neil Doncaster for a quick update on his odyssey to find a sponsor ".

I was hoping for an Office style approach, with awkward silences and all that. Now it could be a blockbuster.

Japan Jambo
11 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

CL and AM cutting about, hiding in fridges and stuff.

Thanks, just spat tea all over the keyboard...

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, Jap Jambo said:

Thanks, just spat tea all over the keyboard...

😉

Restonbabe

They were very much so still filming at Riccarton up until the shutdown was confirmed. So I can only imangine the fisaco will be an integral part of it. 

I hope they are still filming at the party when we stay up, And we all laugh at all the wanks who tried to kick us out.

On 16/05/2020 at 22:26, ToqueJambo said:

I was hoping for an Office style approach, with awkward silences and all that. Now it could be a blockbuster.

The voiceover guy from Big Brother would be good...... 4.45pm.......Craig and Austin are on the couch playing with lego.......Ann is in the garden hot tub shaving her legs.....

These documentaries always have at least one fame obsessed employee trying to hog the camera . 
wonder if Mark from the ticket office will show off his tap dancing skills or Ann Park will be pole dancing ? 

Hector Riva
On 18/05/2020 at 09:25, JimmyCant said:

The voiceover guy from Big Brother would be good...... 4.45pm.......Craig and Austin are on the couch playing with lego.......Ann is in the garden hot tub shaving her legs.....

HAHAHA love it.

On 18/05/2020 at 08:25, JimmyCant said:

If you didn't read this in a geordie accent you're not doing it right

They couldn't have picked a better club to film with everything that's gone on. No idea when it's to be shown but hopefully it'll open a few eyes. Can't wait. I'd love "Heart of Midlothian - the sequel" for next season.

If BBC try to influence what's shown, hopefully they'd be able to tell them to fkov and sell it on another channel.

20 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Just now, Flaps_98 said:

If you didn't read this in a geordie accent you're not doing it right

I just did.....and out loud. Got some strange looks. OOPS!

Hectormasson
On 14/04/2020 at 16:39, queensferryjambo said:

It will be an incredible documentary to watch especially from the point of view of someone from outside Scotland. It will just show exactly how our game is run by the SPFL and how they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, I don't think Hearts will come out of this a laughing stock but the SPFL and others may.

Let's go right to town with the lot off them !!! F....k the tic & spfl...🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

• 2 weeks later...

Has there been any hint this is still being produced and going to air?

The off-the-pitch shenanigans will surely make up an entire second series.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, kila said:

Has there been any hint this is still being produced and going to air?

The off-the-pitch shenanigans will surely make up an entire second series.

it’s is still very much going to air, apparently the access is unprecedented 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

it’s is still very much going to air, apparently the access is unprecedented 

Are you ITK somewhat? Are they capturing what's all going on right now or will the documentary end once lockdown came into effect? Also when did they start as we only got told in November and it wasn't obvious they were filming at games prior, or maybe they were and I thought it was for TV highlights.

Can't wait to see how the Levein sacking gets portrayed. Will the audience be made to feel sympathy to him or will it be a truth teller of real fan frustration and what finally broke the camel's back?

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, kila said:

Are you ITK somewhat? Are they capturing what's all going on right now or will the documentary end once lockdown came into effect? Also when did they start as we only got told in November and it wasn't obvious they were filming at games prior, or maybe they were and I thought it was for TV highlights.

Can't wait to see how the Levein sacking gets portrayed. Will the audience be made to feel sympathy to him or will it be a truth teller of real fan frustration and what finally broke the camel's back?

no mate, read an article last week . I’ll try and find the link

tynietigers

I was told last week they had 3 or 4 teams they could of did this with and are over the moon it was Hearts. With any other club it would of been just the trudging along but because with what we have went through over the last year it means it’s good TV.

Back to 2005

Has anyone seen them filming for this? The Sunderland one must have been filming at almost every game.

Forza Cuore
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Has anyone seen them filming for this? The Sunderland one must have been filming at almost every game.

Seen them a lot during matches mate.

We sit near the front of the main stand..I can imagine I may be on it swearing and gesticulating a lot 😵😅

I’ve said a few times on here that I have connections with Jamie Brandon. The feedback I’ve always had from him is the players hated the cameras and hated the idea of them being around. Felt it was more about boosting the profiles of the board, director of football and some coaches. Having watched Sunderland till I die, I am dreading this ever going to air. 

13 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Seen them a lot during matches mate.

We sit near the front of the main stand..I can imagine I may be on it swearing and gesticulating a lot 😵😅

Yeah... I am a little concerned about being in a close up or something!

10 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I’ve said a few times on here that I have connections with Jamie Brandon. The feedback I’ve always had from him is the players hated the cameras and hated the idea of them being around. Felt it was more about boosting the profiles of the board, director of football and some coaches. Having watched Sunderland till I die, I am dreading this ever going to air. 

Interesting. Reckon their attitude to the filming changed when Stendel came in and freshened training up etc? 

I'm dreading watching Jon Daly take training... but with Stendel we might see them go karting and team bonding a little.

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, kila said:

Interesting. Reckon their attitude to the filming changed when Stendel came in and freshened training up etc? 

I'm dreading watching Jon Daly take training... but with Stendel we might see them go karting and team bonding a little.

You're not really selling it here. I hope they're still making it. The real drama is happening now. I assume they've got access to Budge and are hopefully doing zoom calls with her after each meeting with the clubs to get some inside scoops and reactions in real time.

Format is three 1 hour episodes going by the EEN report at the time

They could do more than a full hour on the SPFL fallout alone

GorgieRules22

There’s a feeling that we’ve had the pish ripped out of us this year from the club we go and watch and this is just the cherry on the cake...you couldn’t make it up.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I've always wondered if the documentary actually put more pressure on the players/squad/coaching team? Although we probably provide media training, this kind of exposure isn't something I'd imagine many of the squad would be ready for.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

This 

13 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I hope it never sees the light of day. 

And this. 

It will be the most cringeworthy and embarrassing thing ever. 

Edited by Cruyff

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

This 

And this. 

It will be the most cringeworthy and embarrassing thing ever. 

I'm in the opposite camp...can't wait to see the series and truly there could not have been a better season for the TV company to be involved in

Reality is people would love it were it not our club being involved

Having viewed the Liverpool, Manchester City and Sunderland  versions it will be good TV viewing

29 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I'm in the opposite camp...can't wait to see the series and truly there could not have been a better season for the TV company to be involved in

Reality is people would love it were it not our club being involved

Having viewed the Liverpool, Manchester City and Sunderland  versions it will be good TV viewing

Do you think you enjoyed them though because they were about other teams? 

I just think about the Sunderland one. How would i feel as one of their supporters watching that? It was really embarrassing for them. Half their team couldn't care and were going home with 80 grand a week. It was really sad to see what a mess they were. 

That big simpleton manager at the start of the season talking about promotion. Oh, we need two good keepers and he goes and signs Luke Steele & Robin Ruiter who make Perreira look like Lev Yashin.

That big sleezeball Martin Bain acting like he had a clue what he was doing, Mr calm and in control. By the end it left you thinking these guys were utterly delusional, especially Bain. 

We're already a laughing stock, now we're going to allow supporters of other clubs revel in our misery even more with this TV show. 🤷

I can understand the curiosity of it and wanting to see an inside view of Hearts but it will be like watching the Office, but real, a total cringefest. 

Each to their own. I'll have to watch it if it Airs but it will be soooo bad for us, we're going to look like incompetent muppets. 😬

I don't know how I could possibly watch it and think, hmmm enjoyed revisting the worst season ever.  :laugh2:

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Do you think you enjoyed them though because they were about other teams? 

I just think about the Sunderland one. How would i feel as one of their supporters watching that? It was really embarrassing for them. Half their team couldn't care and were going home with 80 grand a week. It was really sad to see what a mess they were. 

That big simpleton manager at the start of the season talking about promotion. Oh, we need two good keepers and he goes and signs Luke Steele & Robin Ruiter who make Perreira look like Lev Yashin.

That big sleezeball Martin Bain acting like he had a clue what he was doing, Mr calm and in control. By the end it left you thinking these guys were utterly delusional, especially Bain. 

We're already a laughing stock, now we're going to allow supporters of other clubs revel in our misery even more with this TV show. 🤷

I can understand the curiosity of it and wanting to see an inside view of Hearts but it will be like watching the Office, but real, a total cringefest. 

Each to their own. I'll have to watch it if it Airs but it will be soooo bad for us, we're going to look like incompetent muppets. 😬

I don't know how I could possibly watch it and think, hmmm enjoyed revisting the worst season ever.  :laugh2:

The thing is the story has changed completely. It's gone from a run of the mill fly on the wall look at the inside of a club to a much broader story with Hearts at the centre of it. If they've any brains they'll edit it together to make the main story the virus and all the fallout from that. Obviously our poor season etc will be part of the build up to that as it's why we're in the shit, but if they just show us a week by week tale of a club having a bad season and gloss over all the end of season stuff they'll miss a trick. They stumbled into a huge story and they should have the inside scoop from all the access to Budge. Or maybe they'll be able to spin it into a feature film length documentary that tells the end of season story in a bit more depth. The only problem is telling that story mostly through zoom as everyone's stuck indoors 🤣 Either way, they got lucky.

Edited by ToqueJambo

13 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I saw Lewis Moore signed an extension and wondered what the situation was with JB?

• 2 weeks later...