BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

1 minute ago, Elshin said:

Going to be laughing stock of scotland.   We already are but this will be the boot while we are down

I can imagine there will be a couple of thing that will have us fans absolutely spitting. Cant see Budge coming away from this very well.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

57 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Day before the bottom 6 final league game so we'll be able to watch it and see whether we get relegated or not and therefore whether or not to attend the last game

:)

On 09/11/2019 at 12:37, martoon said:

Have the fear it could turn out a Hearts version of "The Office". 

We're bound to have our very own Brent, Gareth, Tim, Dawn, Finchy... 

MacPhee would just fit in naturally to that show

Nerds a message carrying scene

Listen to folk saying we'll be the laughing stock of Scotland hahaha YOU ******* WISH!!!!!! 

This programme will be sensational viewing and people will see how professional we are run, some idiots on here won;t be able to cope with that, but you can just imagine how they are to deal with in their own workplace.

been here before
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

We are a highly entertaining club under Budge, just not for the actual fans.

But also for 'fans' like you?

11 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Listen to folk saying we'll be the laughing stock of Scotland hahaha YOU ******* WISH!!!!!! 

This programme will be sensational viewing and people will see how professional we are run, some idiots on here won;t be able to cope with that, but you can just imagine how they are to deal with in their own workplace.

There is no doubt away from football we are professionally run.

But on field we have been shambolic, quality of player signed,  contracts to past it players, pace of play, no width.    Scottish football is laughing at us right now without a film crew possibly showing our relegation.   Though if stendal works out and we stay us at least it may give us a buzz going into next season.

1 minute ago, Elshin said:

But on field we have been shambolic, quality of player signed,  contracts to past it players, pace of play, no width.    Scottish football is laughing at us right now without a film crew possibly showing our relegation.   Though if stendal works out and we stay us at least it may give us a buzz going into next season.

Haha no it's not!  We've got in a great manager now, we're off loading our shite! (2 of which have most of .sistertittywank saying they'd take them in an instant), and the culture is changing dramatically within the squad.

The poor sob stories coming from the club just now are from the lazy wage thieves who have been found out and don't like it.

We're back, and those moaning these days need to double check the colour of their scarves while posting on here.

32 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Haha no it's not!  We've got in a great manager now, we're off loading our shite! (2 of which have most of .sistertittywank saying they'd take them in an instant), and the culture is changing dramatically within the squad.

The poor sob stories coming from the club just now are from the lazy wage thieves who have been found out and don't like it.

We're back, and those moaning these days need to double check the colour of their scarves while posting on here.

Back where though? We are 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Back where though? We are 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league.

Back winning games, playing football, filling the stadium, going on cup runs, not fearing anybody, not fearing the players being signed on 3 year deals..... that's where we're getting back to.

Got told once no publicity is bad publicity. I think this could get us quite a bit attention (down south).

Never a dull moment at HMFC never boring.

God I love this football club.

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Back winning games, playing football, filling the stadium, going on cup runs, not fearing anybody, not fearing the players being signed on 3 year deals..... that's where we're getting back to.

What games have we won?

Francis Albert
52 minutes ago, Elshin said:

"Away from football" is large and crucial exception for a football club.

And technically we are run by an amateur … and even "away from football" amateurishly at times.

3 hours ago, hueyview said:

MacPhee would just fit in naturally to that show

Nerds a message carrying scene

I liked the comment on another thread the other day about Levein and Brent in series 2: sacked, but still turning up at the office everyday. 

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

I hope so, and I am confident and there is undoubted green shoots but as yet we have won no games.

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Most supporters are laughing at us, beside me in work I've got tims and huns plus Partick, Motherwell & St Mirren supporters. 

They constantly take the piss about the mess we're in. That's football. We are a laughing stock and until we put some wins on the board plus get rid of Levein, we need to accept other fans will laugh at us and enjoy our predicament.

The stuff you've mentioned is irrelevant to other clubs fans. All they see is us bottom of the table, can't score, can't defend, still employing our 'sacked' manager and there are disgruntled players crying to the press. If it was any other Premiership club, I'd be laughing at them and lapping it up.

3 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

I can imagine there will be a couple of thing that will have us fans absolutely spitting. Cant see Budge coming away from this very well.

Since saving the club,, she never has !

Suddenly it is a rout

I for one can't wait to see the finished docu - awful first half of the season; sackings, disgruntled players and airpods. In walks a manager wanting to shake things up and cares not for tears. 2nd half of the season is a swashbuckling adventure that sees the club rise up the league and win the Scottish cup.

Bafta material.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

I liked the comment on another thread the other day about Levein and Brent in series 2: sacked, but still turning up at the office everyday. 

:)

jamboinglasgow

Hopefully it will be like the Barca doc from a few years back. Things going badly the first half of the season then the team turns around and goes on a strong run in the second half

On 08/11/2019 at 16:59, Mr Brightside said:

I wouldn’t say it was. I thought it was very insightful and showed the passion the local community had for the club.

Obviously on field performances for Sunderland that year were not great.

Understatement.

As they crashed through the Championship into the oblivion of League One whilst picking up £ 40 million of parachute payment in one season.

3 minutes ago, jambali said:

Link doesn't work for me

Hearts' BBC series would be comedy gold if calamitous decline wasn't so serious - Keith Jackson

Keith swears owner Ann Budge and the rest of Tynecastle have been playing up to the cameras all this time.

Keith Jackson
  • 06:00, 13 JAN 2020
Craig Levein is unveiled as Hearts new manager alongside Chairwoman Ann Budge (Image: SNS Group)
Subscribe
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see ourPrivacy Noticefor details of your data protection rights

It will be fascinating to see what working title they come up with when this comedy sketch of a season is finally over at Tynecastle.

After the release of Sunderland ‘Til I Die and All or Nothing: Manchester City perhaps bosses at the Beeb will plump for something a little less vague when they launch their fly-on-the-wall documentary capturing the unprecedented chaos which has been playing out behind the scenes at Hearts.

Right now Marooned would seem like an obvious choice.

In fact, if it wasn’t all so terribly serious you’d swear owner Ann Budge and the rest of them have been playing up to the cameras all this time, ever since deciding to welcome them in at the onset of this catastrophic campaign.

By her own admission Budge isn’t always up to speed with the many nuances of Scottish football but she has been in the hotseat long enough by now to understand a crisis when she sees it – and right now her club is engulfed by one.

A quick glance at the table is really all that’s required to set the alarm bells clattering now the top flight has been put into winter hibernation.

0:000:00

That Hearts are anchored to the bottom of it, five points adrift from Hamilton Accies, having taken a pathetic 13 points from a possible total of 63 is all the evidence required.

But just in case Budge is any doubt, or even buried deep in a state of denial, it’s worth looking back in time to see the full extent of this calamitous decline.

0_13801337.jpg
(Image: SNS)

When Hearts returned from the shutdown last year under Craig Levein, they had 17 league games remaining just as they do now under new boss Daniel Stendel.

Levein won four of them, securing a total of 15 points.

That’s twice as many league wins as Hearts have managed so far this season and there’s no way of predicting with any confidence that Stendel will be able to beat or even match that tally between now and May. But even if he does emulate it match by match then it would leave Hearts with a woeful end-of-season haul of just 28 points. 

And, over the last six years, only a desperate Dundee side which went down without so much as a whimper last May has been relegated with fewer points from a campaign.

That Dens Park disaster aside, you have to go back to 2014 to find a team which performed so abysmally. And that was the Hearts side which went down with 23 points – having been hammered with a 15-point deduction after tumbling into a financial abyss.

That damaging fall from grace necessitated Budge’s arrival on the scene and like a modern-day Florence Nightingale, she has done a great deal to nurse this great institution back into a more stable and healthy condition.

For that good deed alone her status as Queen of Hearts will be secured for all of time.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Edited by Newton51

AB never misses a photo/TV/radio opportunity so no surprise at all to see she has agreed to this. Could be awful. May also be a very good insight for us fans. Hope to god it doesn't have us hiding behind the sofa though.

13 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

AB never misses a photo/TV/radio opportunity so no surprise at all to see she has agreed to this. Could be awful. May also be a very good insight for us fans. Hope to god it doesn't have us hiding behind the sofa though.

I'd imagine all holiday leave for the moderators of this site will be cancelled after episode one is aired! 

9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I'd imagine all holiday leave for the moderators of this site will be cancelled after episode one is aired! 

🤣🤣🤣

I said near the start of this thread I was really looking forward to it coming out. Needless to say, I'm not anymore.

Bottom of table -  doing documentary makes us laughing stock.

Anticipated 4th in league and couple of cup quarter finals - what a wonderful insight.

Or if dine during Championship winning season - wow, award winning stuff.

On 10/01/2020 at 10:00, Armageddon said:

When did this great manager last win a game of football? We’re not ‘back’ in any sense of the word. The only ‘back’ we might encounter is back to the Championship which would take us full circle through the Budge Era ...

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

When did this great manager last win a game of football? We’re not ‘back’ in any sense of the word. The only ‘back’ we might encounter is back to the Championship which would take us full circle through the Budge Era ...

I disagree.  I've seen enough in our play and his actions to know we will easily climb the table, i'll even say we will make the top 6!!

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I disagree.  I've seen enough in our play and his actions to know we will easily climb the table, i'll even say we will make the top 6!!

I admire your optimism, I'd agree to a point and have happily been sticking my neck out saying we will finish no worse than 8th.

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Are you high? We’ve got 12 games until the split and would have to take 13 points more than the 6th placed team. So far in five games we’ve scored two goals and taken one point!

6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Top 6 ?!? Mate, put the solvents down.

Now, we have been horrific, DS has come in and had 5 games (I keep repeating myself with this):

St J - 4 days after he arrived in the country, 3 days later we played Hamilton (actually thought we knocked it about as good as we have for a long long time), 5 days later Hibs (again, we played better than we have for 12 months), 3 days later it's Aberdeen.

At no point has he had any time with the players, I see us playing better football but the quality he's been left with is terrible - and he's addressing that at present.

11 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

We’d need league-winning form to finish top six - love that optimism 

Hearts should pull the plug on this. We're already a laughing stock, we don't want to show ourselves up even more. 

I can see it now, 

Narrator - 

"Its the January transfer window. Hearts are languishing at the bottom of the league after years of miss-management and owner Ann Budge is away getting pished on her jollies. In the meantime, her useless amateurs left incharge can't seem to find any solutions to move players on or bring players in.

To make matters worse, star player Steven Naismith tripped over a worm in training and is out for the rest of the season. "

(Camera pans to Daniel Stendel headbutting doors) 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hearts should pull the plug on this. We're already a laughing stock, we don't want to show ourselves up even more. 

I can see it now, 

Narrator - 

"Its the January transfer window. Hearts are languishing at the bottom of the league after years of miss-management and owner Ann Budge is away getting pished on her jollies. In the meantime, her useless amateurs left incharge can't seem to find any solutions to move players on or bring players in.

To make matters worse, star player Steven Naismith tripped over a worm in training and is out for the rest of the season. "

Agreed. Get this cancelled right now. In fact a full media blackout until we get our house in order wouldn’t be a bad idea.

NO DANGER should it be pulled, we will see how shite all those greetin' in the press have been, Whelen the International Pro turning up 2-3 days a week, Berra spending all day on an exercise bike and never working on the ball and then Daly eating his Greggs each day while sleeping under a bridge.

10 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Now, we have been horrific, DS has come in and had 5 games (I keep repeating myself with this):

St J - 4 days after he arrived in the country, 3 days later we played Hamilton (actually thought we knocked it about as good as we have for a long long time), 5 days later Hibs (again, we played better than we have for 12 months), 3 days later it's Aberdeen.

At no point has he had any time with the players, I see us playing better football but the quality he's been left with is terrible - and he's addressing that at present.

I don’t think we’ll go down but we’re no getting top six. You missed out Celtic, which despite a great deal of effort, really should have been 0-4 or 0-5. 

I’ve  seen glimpses of what may be to come but the last hour v St Johnstone was shit. As was the middle hour of the Celtic game, the 2nd half at Hamilton and don’t get me started on the first half of the derby! The vast majority of the Aberdeen game was played in the manner we have to play all games and ensure we finish 10th or higher.

33 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

👀

I admire your optimism but top 6?!! 

Edited by robbo1874

On 10/01/2020 at 08:40, Elshin said:

Going to be laughing stock of scotland.   We already are but this will be the boot while we are down

Folk will have a field day on Social Media. Will be ripe for taking the p1ss nad memes.  It's only on BBC Scotland, so not going to get major exposure outside of Scotland.

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Hearts' BBC series would be comedy gold if calamitous decline wasn't so serious - Keith Jackson

Keith swears owner Ann Budge and the rest of Tynecastle have been playing up to the cameras all this time.

Keith Jackson
  • 06:00, 13 JAN 2020
Craig Levein is unveiled as Hearts new manager alongside Chairwoman Ann Budge (Image: SNS Group)
Subscribe
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see ourPrivacy Noticefor details of your data protection rights

It will be fascinating to see what working title they come up with when this comedy sketch of a season is finally over at Tynecastle.

After the release of Sunderland ‘Til I Die and All or Nothing: Manchester City perhaps bosses at the Beeb will plump for something a little less vague when they launch their fly-on-the-wall documentary capturing the unprecedented chaos which has been playing out behind the scenes at Hearts.

Right now Marooned would seem like an obvious choice.

In fact, if it wasn’t all so terribly serious you’d swear owner Ann Budge and the rest of them have been playing up to the cameras all this time, ever since deciding to welcome them in at the onset of this catastrophic campaign.

By her own admission Budge isn’t always up to speed with the many nuances of Scottish football but she has been in the hotseat long enough by now to understand a crisis when she sees it – and right now her club is engulfed by one.

A quick glance at the table is really all that’s required to set the alarm bells clattering now the top flight has been put into winter hibernation.

0:000:00

That Hearts are anchored to the bottom of it, five points adrift from Hamilton Accies, having taken a pathetic 13 points from a possible total of 63 is all the evidence required.

But just in case Budge is any doubt, or even buried deep in a state of denial, it’s worth looking back in time to see the full extent of this calamitous decline.

0_13801337.jpg
(Image: SNS)

When Hearts returned from the shutdown last year under Craig Levein, they had 17 league games remaining just as they do now under new boss Daniel Stendel.

Levein won four of them, securing a total of 15 points.

That’s twice as many league wins as Hearts have managed so far this season and there’s no way of predicting with any confidence that Stendel will be able to beat or even match that tally between now and May. But even if he does emulate it match by match then it would leave Hearts with a woeful end-of-season haul of just 28 points. 

And, over the last six years, only a desperate Dundee side which went down without so much as a whimper last May has been relegated with fewer points from a campaign.

That Dens Park disaster aside, you have to go back to 2014 to find a team which performed so abysmally. And that was the Hearts side which went down with 23 points – having been hammered with a 15-point deduction after tumbling into a financial abyss.

That damaging fall from grace necessitated Budge’s arrival on the scene and like a modern-day Florence Nightingale, she has done a great deal to nurse this great institution back into a more stable and healthy condition.

For that good deed alone her status as Queen of Hearts will be secured for all of time.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Ta

Jambof3tornado
34 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Keith Jackson is a prick.

Pass it on.

Pointless ****ing article.

No need

To pass it on, everybody knows he's a prick.

Leveins Battalion

Is any media guy/gal or pundit who calls out Hearts for the shambles we are a prick?🤣

Its not the media who need calling out,its the people at the top of HMFC.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I can see it now, 

Narrator - 

:rofl:

16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Is any media guy/gal or pundit who calls out Hearts for the shambles we are a prick?🤣

Its not the media who need calling out,its the people at the top of HMFC.

No, Keith Jackson is one though.