Thank you Craig Levein

tartofmidlothian

I don’t post that often, and its normally when I feel strongly about something . 

I just hope Levein gets warmly welcomed back to Tynie anytime he is here. Right now there are too many fans bitter with him which I get. He was/is one of my all time favourite players, and I really wanted him to succeed. He was dealt many kicks in the gonads with the amount of injuries to our top players, so I was prepared to give him time. 

Livi last Saturday was the first time I had changed my mind and had went to the Levein out camp. Same old excuses , performances getting worse, it was just a matter of time. 

I hate social media, Twitter, FB and don’t use it because it just leads to keyboard warriors. I hate the personal abuse given to Levein, Budge, Mulraney, Clare. I really really don’t rate Mulraney or Clare but you can criticise and nail your colours to the mast without the personal abuse. 

Levein wanted Hearts to win as much as any of us. He is a fan, and I just want fans to remember that going forward. He is too stubborn for his own good, but when you hear the stories and the families of all the youth players praising him for knowing all the youth players at different levels, that is somebody determined to help us in the future. As fans, we all want instant success on the pitch, and he has made many mistakes, but he has done many good things as well, a lot behind the scenes which most of us just don’t see or appreciate. 

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It should have been ten

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Bridge of Djoum

It would be interesting but impossible to know how things would have turned out if there hadn't been such a brutal list of injuries.

However there' no doubting CL's commitment and work ethic which is how I will remember him, along with Levein the player who most on here wouldn't have had the privilege of seeing.

All the best for the future Craig.

Edited by upgotheheads

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A very impressive glass facade my man! 👍

Oh, er aye. Sorry. We can all take comfort in the fact that Craig is immortalised by having his name on the plaque on the new main stand (with its very impressive windaes).

10 minutes ago, daftie said:

I don’t post that often, and its normally when I feel strongly about something . 

I just hope Levein gets warmly welcomed back to Tynie anytime he is here. Right now there are too many fans bitter with him which I get. He was/is one of my all time favourite players, and I really wanted him to succeed. He was dealt many kicks in the gonads with the amount of injuries to our top players, so I was prepared to give him time. 

Livi last Saturday was the first time I had changed my mind and had went to the Levein out camp. Same old excuses , performances getting worse, it was just a matter of time. 

I hate social media, Twitter, FB and don’t use it because it just leads to keyboard warriors. I hate the personal abuse given to Levein, Budge, Mulraney, Clare. I really really don’t rate Mulraney or Clare but you can criticise and nail your colours to the mast without the personal abuse. 

Levein wanted Hearts to win as much as any of us. He is a fan, and I just want fans to remember that going forward. He is too stubborn for his own good, but when you hear the stories and the families of all the youth players praising him for knowing all the youth players at different levels, that is somebody determined to help us in the future. As fans, we all want instant success on the pitch, and he has made many mistakes, but he has done many good things as well, a lot behind the scenes which most of us just don’t see or appreciate. 

I know you hate social media, but you should use it more often, as it’s refreshing to read posts like this, as opposed the bile and drivel that others stink it out with. 👍

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh, er aye. Sorry. We can all take comfort in the fact that Craig is immortalised by having his name on the plaque on the new main stand (with its very impressive windaes).

Yes you’ve already played that card 

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes you’ve already played that card 

Card? Have a word mate. I just corrected my original post to protect your fragile ego. 👍

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Card? Have a word mate. I just corrected my original post to protect your fragile ego. 👍

cheers

18 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Bottom of the league and responsible for the worst run in the clubs history, yeah thanks a lot. Near 90 players in and god knows how much of the clubs money wasted on utter dross. Stubbornness has resulted in nearly every piece of good work he done, undone. Good riddance as far as am concerned. He had an opportunity to do the right thing and he put himself and his self interests ahead of the club. Shut the door on the way out Craig. 👋 

^Gets it 👍

At the time, I was glad we finally got rid of Cathro and Levein took over. I am no fan of the DoF role and believed Levein was the right man to take over from Cathro. However, it wasn't long before I changed my mind. He made a colossal **** up of things and now I am glad he's gone. So no thanks from me. No thanks for appointing Cathro in the first place, signing incredibly crap journeymen players, overseeing our plummet to the bottom of one of the worst leagues in Europe and being so blind to his own failure to manage a football team. So no, sling yer hook Levein and enjoy your retirement from football management. 

4 hours ago, weehammy said:

So you’re saying posterity should judge Levein in exactly the same way as Csaba despite the huge difference in the duration of their respective associations with the club?
OK then.

Just answer me a simple yes or no. Would any of our previous managers get a thank you for leading us into 11th place playing dire football. 

22 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Will always have fond memories of him but currently all I have is a sour taste. 

YOUR taste? 

Me! Me! Me!

Why don't you stick to your multitude of threads and stop polluting the ethos of this one?

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, daftie said:

Excellent post, well put 

4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

It would be interesting but impossible to know how things would have turned out if there hadn't been such a brutal list of injuries.

However there' no doubting CL's commitment and work ethic which is how I will remember him, along with Levein the player who most on here wouldn't have had the privilege of seeing.

All the best for the future Craig.

Absolutely this 

Thought Police
46 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

For what?

Everything he’s done for him in his career I guess. United castoff to Scotland international.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Everything he’s done for him in his career I guess. United castoff to Scotland international.

Great.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

For what?

For turning him into a Scotland international when his career was on the slide at Dundee United.

Where have you been?

On 31/10/2019 at 19:49, tartofmidlothian said:

For overseeing our record-breaking return from the Championship.

For the historic 4-0 against Celtic.

For restoring Natural Order against Hibs, through results like the Scottish Cup and the other week.

For taking us to a cup final which we fought all the way in.

It didn't work out and it's right that he's gone, but he's a PHM and the highlights of the last five years will live on longer than the many lows.

...and for being one of the best Hearts players I have ever seen!

Being manager when we beat H1b5 5-1 (110802) and Braga. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Independence said:

Being manager when we beat H1b5 5-1 (110802) and Braga. Thanks.

You should have thanked him for that years ago before he jumped ship to Leicester!

Thanks Craig for all the good times. Thanks for helping to save Hearts. It didn’t work out but hey that’s football. No hard feelings and no regrets.♥️

1 hour ago, Barack said:

For taking him away from Cambridge and all that posh student totty, I'd imagine.

Lest ye not succumb to temptation.

Screenshot_20191101-191738_Instagram.jpg

:wub:

32 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You should have thanked him for that years ago before he jumped ship to Leicester!

Is that not a really sad and churlish way to conduct yourself, Thomaso? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

For turning him into a Scotland international when his career was on the slide at Dundee United.

Where have you been?

Is that all.

Well done Levein.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Is that not a really sad and churlish way to conduct yourself, Thomaso? 

just putting the timeframe into context.

Tom English's article summarised it pretty well. Loves Hearts too much - eventually he couldn't see that he became the problem. He should always be welcome back at Tynecastle.

Cory McNamara
9 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

Does anyone have Leveins derby record so I can shut a vermin mate up?

I - Dec. 2000 - 29 Oct. 2004

26 Dec. 2000 1:1 (Home Game)

0:0 (Away Game)

1:2 (A)

1:1 (H)

2:1 (A)

5:1 (H)

4:4 (H)

0:1 (A)

2:0 (H)

1:1 (A)

24 Oct. 2004 2:1 (H)

12 Games: 5 Wins, 5 Draws, 2 Losses (lost 0 games at home, won 2 away)

II - Aug. 2017 - 31 Oct. 2019

24 Oct. 2017 0:1 (A)

0:0 (H)

1:0 (H, Scottish Cup)

0:2 (A)

2:1 (H)

1:0 (A)

1:2 (H)

22 Sep. 2019 2:1 (A)

10 Games: 4 Wins, 3 Draws, 3 Losses (lost 1 game at home, won 2 away)

III - 22 Games: 9 Wins, 8 Draws, 5 Losses (lost 1 game at home, won 4 away)

Don't feed Hibby that much:

20090705144206!Spore_Launcher_reload.jpg

Maroon Sailor

I look back on his playing time with a lot of admiration. Classiest defender I've seen play for Hearts.

As a manager I look back at his stubbornness. Don't knock him for that,  just the way he is but it meant he didn't know when to quit. Like someone with a gambling addiction.

You can't keep rolling the dice.

Pleased he came back to the club to help Ann out and the work he has done during that period.

10 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

Does anyone have Leveins derby record so I can shut a vermin mate up?

25 minutes ago, Cory McNamara said:

I - Dec. 2000 - 29 Oct. 2004

26 Dec. 2000 1:1 (Home Game)

0:0 (Away Game)

1:2 (A)

1:1 (H)

5:1 (H)

4:4 (H)

0:1 (A)

2:0 (H)

24 Oct. 2004 2:1 (H)

12 Games: 5 Wins, 5 Draws, 2 Losses (lost 0 games at home, won 2 away)

II - Aug. 2017 - 31 Oct. 2019

24 Oct. 2017 0:1 (A)

1:0 (H, Scottish Cup)

0:2 (A)

2:1 (H)

1:0 (A)

1:2 (H)

22 Sep. 2019 2:1 (A)

10 Games: 4 Wins, 3 Draws, 3 Losses (lost 1 game at home, won 2 away)

III - 22 Games: 9 Wins, 8 Draws, 5 Losses (lost 1 game at home, won 4 away)

Don't feed Hibby that much:

20090705144206!Spore_Launcher_reload.jpg

And as a player in competitive games,

P38 W20 D14 L4

Imagine personally experiencing beating hibs 20 times 

:smugger:

Wish you well CL and good luck for future it just was not your best time with hearts the last few months. you are still a hearts legend.

6 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Yawn! Bye bye you’re much too smart for me. A******e.

Face up to the truth Hammy.

20 hours ago, daftie said:

What an excellent,  balanced post. A post that belies your username. 👍

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

You can’t handle the truth!

Thankfully Budge ordered a Code Red....

18 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Are you for real? What a stupid reply! 

10 minutes ago, Independence said:

Are you for real? What a stupid reply! 

The two matches you cited were before he jumped ship to Leicester - fact.

3 hours ago, TheStig said:

😂 results to name calling rather than just saying yes or no. Have a nice day.

He can’t bare to face up to the facts.

Cory McNamara
14 hours ago, Smithee said:

And as a player in competitive games,

P38 W20 D14 L4

Imagine personally experiencing beating hibs 20 times

So, as a head coach & player:

60 Games: 29 W  / 22 D  /  9 L

2 minutes ago, Cory McNamara said:

So, as a head coach & player:

60 Games: 29 W  / 22 D  /  9 L

A fantastic record. The problem is we don’t play Hibs every week!

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The two matches you cited were before he jumped ship to Leicester - fact.

My God you’re a bitter individual. 

Cory McNamara
30 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A fantastic record. The problem is we don’t play Hibs every week!

Aha, here his record against Celtic:

W 3 / D 2 / L 22

As a head coach of Dundee United:

W 1 / D 8 / L 4

Much better.

Never forget: 17 Dec. 2017 4:0

Fort Vallance

If he'd had the decency to walk I'd have said thanks. Putting Ann Budge in the position he did was inexcusable.  Thanks, no just **** off. 

19 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

My God you’re a bitter individual. 

I’m pretty bitter finding my team at the bottom of the league - how do you feel about it?

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m pretty bitter finding my team at the bottom of the league - how do you feel about it?

I’m raging at the workmanship of those involved in the construction of the facade. Looked sloppy on closer inspection. 

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I’m raging at the workmanship of those involved in the construction of the facade. Looked sloppy on closer inspection. 

Avoiding the question again! So still in denial that Levein’s tenure as Manager was a disaster - a man you backed to the hilt on here! How wrong you were.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Avoiding the question again! So still in denial that Levein’s tenure as Manager was a disaster - a man you backed to the hilt on here! How wrong you were.

Continuing to talk utter shite about my opinion on CL. I’ve said for months he had to go, after being prepared to give him time. 

You seem very confused and desperate to continue to drag out Levein moving on. Get over it FFS and look forward. I know you’ve commented on nothing else since your morphing from Thomaso, you’ve been obsessed with not only calling for him to be removed, (fair enough and correct) but the bitterness and vitriol you have attached to that has been quite frankly embarrassing for you. It’s almost as if you don’t mention CL you’ll have quite literally **** all else to talk about. I for one look forward to that.

• davemclaren locked this topic