*** Heart of Midlothian v Rangers (League Cup Semi Final) Official Match Thread ***

kila

Stuart McNeill
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

The Dikamona fanboys club will be devastated, no doubt will be demanding he plays next game at full time...

Its more to do with the fact that berra is just unable to play 3 games in 1 week. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

• Morgan

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hickey and Edwards with Uche on bench kind of repeated. 

Almost like that idea was MacPhees......

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

How Sean Clare still gets a game is one of life’s biggest mysteries. 

And MacLean..

They've got to show something, rise to the occasion & surprise us all 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

way more than I thought. Thanks. 

Sorry I made a typo it’s actually 1196 but that’s more than I expected as well 

3 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

And we are relying on him and Wighton to take Rangers a run.

Can only hope it’s a day of everything aligning. 

Austin's clearly been very busy, seen Leveins team sheet left on the desk and saved himself from some homework and just put his name at the top. Few spins on the chair, check there's still stationery in the drawer, log in, change desktop background then off home.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Almost like that idea was MacPhees......

Uche was injured for a few games in the build up to the Cup Final was he not?

Just now, jambo1975 said:

Uche dropped due to a bust up with John Daly on Wednesday according to the turnstile jungle drums 

I doubt Daly has had an influence on team selection today - if he has then I am not sure why he isn’t interim head coach

HamishMcGonagall
1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

Austin's clearly been very busy, seen Leveins team sheet left on the desk and saved himself from some homework and just put his name at the top. Few spins on the chair, check there's still stationery in the drawer, log in, change desktop background then off home.

😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

If Naismith and Walker have made the bench lets think today is all about getting them a good 25/30 mins game time today in preparation for the game next Saturday which in the long term matters a lot more than this one does

Aside from winning trophies being the main thing. 

Nelly Terraces
1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

:biggrin2: haha, superb. Though worryingly not so far from the truth!

3 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Uche dropped due to a bust up with John Daly on Wednesday according to the turnstile jungle drums 

Quicker that Daly gets to **** the better

3 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Busy preparing to win the game. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Folk are moaning but who else can you play who’s fit? 😆

Are folk seriously saying they’d rather have Brandon and Dikamona in defence? 

Bozanic is playing because he can run, the other choices we’re Damour who’s been pish or Irving who can’t run. 

Upfront is what it is because Uche, Naisy and Walker aren’t 100%. 

12 minutes ago, big man said:

That team has Levein written all over it 

NEWS FLASH: we still have the same

squad as last week, and also the same injury list. And Damour is suspended. What team, exactly, would have satisfied you?

5 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Then drop Daly

3 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

So we are missing the player that gave them a hard time two weeks ago because he's fell out with daly?  If this is anywhere near being true, it is a disgrace.  Is there any truth in this?

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

squad as last week, and also the same injury list. And Damour is suspended. What team, exactly, would have satisfied you?

People think they know better. 

23 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Complete. Utter. Tripe. Indeed 😂 

MacPhee has been picking the shape and side for months or if it makes you feel better I can change the wording to he’s been heavily, heavily involved in picking the sides and shapes for months. Still true tho. 

Been saying the same for ages.

On 31/10/2019 at 22:11, JamTarts51 said:

Good luck to Austin, hopefully of a fresh approach and ideas!

In what way will there be a "fresh approach and ideas"? It is common knowledge that CL had very little to do with training and tactics. Austin has been at the epicentre of this mess for years, in fact, he is probably the one most to blame. I really don't see how we are going to have a fresh start with AM, JD and Fox at the helm. I may be wrong, but a complete management/coaching clearout for me. We need a fresh start. 

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Then drop Daly

Daly is a F****n arse!

I actually hate him. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Mr Kipling said:

In what way will there be a "fresh approach and ideas"? It is common knowledge that CL had very little to do with training and tactics. Austin has been at the epicentre of this mess for years, in fact, he is probably the one most to blame. I really don't see how we are going to have a fresh start with AM, JD and Fox at the helm. I may be wrong, but a complete management/coaching clearout for me. We need a fresh start. 

Has it not been suggested that Levein came in towards game day and changed the way things had been worked on the day or two before the game

Who knows but it might explain why the team sometimes wasn’t sure or didn’t look like it knew exactly what it was doing

chester copperpot
23 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

:laugh2:That's a wind up right mate?

Afraid not chief.

MacLean is like playing a man down. 

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Really? Bigger than Maclean once again running about doing nothing, the usual back heel failed flick, unmentioned in game commentary for 20 minutes, no shots on goal once again.

That mystery?

Clare playing is not the biggest mystery today. If Maclean is the best option we have at the club then we’re worse of than we all thought. 

JMO.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Mr Kipling said:

It’s like Stockholm Syndrome. People convincing themselves that McPhee has been here for two years but actually, in no way responsible/to blame for anything.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, chester copperpot said:

Afraid not chief.

Shocking footballer with no touch whatsoever

south morocco
5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Agreed, looking at the bench I’d  assume we will using all subs throughout the game. Decent bench when needed 

9 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Or..... he is the one who has been producing the teamsheet for the last few seasons.

Салатные палочки
7 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

:spoton:

The absolute idiots all over FB thinking we have signed a whole new team since Thursday. 

6 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Quicker that Daly gets to **** the better

And take the others with him.  They are all responsible for the last two and a half years.  Until there are no coaches with connections to levein left at the club, it's hard to completely relax with him still at the club.  Wtf he is still hanging around for?  

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s like Stockholm Syndrome. People convincing themselves that McPhee has been here for two years but actually, in no way responsible/to blame for anything.

Haha, brilliant  - great analogy 😂

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Mr Kipling said:

Haha, brilliant  - great analogy 😂

It would be apart from the majority view being that Levein was an arrogant stubborn arsehole who wouldn’t listen to anyone else.

So which is or was it?

4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Afraid not chief.

Equally, Wighton is like playing with a man down too - he is a terrible football player! So we are looking at 9 Hearts players vs 11 Rangers players before anyone has even kicked a ball - FFS!

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It would be apart from the majority view being that Levein was an arrogant stubborn arsehole who wouldn’t listen to anyone else.

So which is or was it?

That’s a good point tbf

Just now, OldGorgie said:

Today’s team kills all the nonsense about Austin picking the team when Levein was around.

Not sure why but in any case, anybody who believed that in the first place was a pure dafty. 

Maclean is utter shite. Watched him for 18 months and ive seen 1 good game from him and that was Hamilton away in his first match.  

Hopefully we are still in the game at HT.

2 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Equally, Wighton is like playing with a man down too - he is a terrible football player! So we are looking at 9 Hearts players vs 11 Rangers players before anyone has even kicked a ball - FFS!

You can add Clare and Bozanic to that too. A massive call leaving out Ikpeazu after his first half against Rangers last time. Their defenders will be delighted.