***St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian official match day thread***

Tenor

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

stevie Frail. He was class until he got injured. 

Ah, good shout. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Some people will be saying we won’t right up until we lose the play off to Ayr United or whoever.  

For some reason I think you’d be one of those people 😀

in saying all that I think we’ll struggle for top 6 but probably won’t go down. 

Possibly, but I'd take a top 6 bet as well. 

I wouldn’t go for top 4 tho. Might lose and have to give money to charity, I hate that. 

It was disappointing that they won at the weekend, the pattern of Wright's time there has been lean runs and then winning runs of 3 or 4 games to drag them up the league. Hope we don't go up there to just try to not concede as that easily backfires, would be good to see us take the game to them in the first 20 minutes. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I wouldn’t go for top 4 tho. Might lose and have to give money to charity, I hate that. 

I think 8th is where we’ll finish. Painful to say that. 

8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I’ve said for years we have been blessed at LB for almost my entire time supporting Hearts...

Whittaker

Pointon

Mahe

Naysmith

Fyssas

McKinlay

Grainger...

I may have missed a couple but there has been real quality there.

RB, however has been dire in the main. Neilson, Smith and Kidd probably our best. 

Surely Lee Wallace should be on that list. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

stevie Frail. He was class until he got injured. 

Really good. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Would now be a bit daft for anyone to bet you on relegation if you’d accept a bet on top 6.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, TheOak88 said:

Surely Lee Wallace should be on that list. 

Aye I knew I missed one or 2. Just shows how good we have been at LB in the last 35 years or so. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I think 8th is where we’ll finish. Painful to say that. 

Maybe, but I think we'll move up the league under CL or another once players come back. 

Gonna take us to win 6/7 games say out of 10/11 and we'll move up as others level out or go on poor runs of their own. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe, but I think we'll move up the league under CL or another once players come back. 

Gonna take us to win 6/7 games say out of 10/11 and we'll move up as others level out or go on poor runs of their own. 

We live in hope.

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Aye I knew I missed one or 2. Just shows how good we have been at LB in the last 35 years or so. 

Think Wallace sometimes gets forgotten about because he didn’t go on to fulfil his potential. Could have played EPL level IMO.

Wonder if he looks at what Andy Robertson is doing now 10 years on and wonders how far he could have gone if he had taken the risk and gone down south. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, jambobob61 said:

Paterson anyone?

Ok ok...apart from all the great RB’s we’ve had over the years we’ve been shite there😁

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Paterson anyone?

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Ok ok...apart from all the great RB’s we’ve had over the years we’ve been shite there😁

Alan McLaren? 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, TheOak88 said:

Think Wallace sometimes gets forgotten about because he didn’t go on to fulfil his potential. Could have played EPL level IMO.

Wonder if he looks at what Andy Robertson is doing now 10 years on and wonders how far he could have gone if he had taken the risk and gone down south. 

That’s the bother with young Scots. They see the “OF” money and rather than believe in and push themselves they accept relative mediocrity. Lee Wallace deciding to drop 3 leagues and not bet on himself is a huge waste. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Alan McLaren? 

I see him more as a CB but yep, excellent in either position. 

Seems i I didn’t think my post through fully. 

:vrface:

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I rated Maybury... sorry... 😒

Can everyone just forget my post, PLEASE! 

Maybury went to Hibs... I shan’t count him...

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Gowser is a Cup winning legend... 😏

I used to like you...

7 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

That’s the bother with young Scots. They see the “OF” money and rather than believe in and push themselves they accept relative mediocrity. Lee Wallace deciding to drop 3 leagues and not bet on himself is a huge waste. 

The Glasgow media are part of the problem as well. Remember at the time back in 2012 Sportsound types (Chick Young et all) backing his decision to go down to the 4th Tier with Rangers - “he will be a club legend” etc.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, TheOak88 said:

The Glasgow media are part of the problem as well. Remember at the time back in 2012 Sportsound types (Chick Young et all) backing his decision to go down to the 4th Tier with Rangers - “he will be a club legend” etc.

I mind them likening it to Del Piero, Buffon etc deciding to stay at Juve when they were demoted. 

10 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I used to like you...

You didn’t acknowledge my Stephane Adam/Fabian Le Clerq pun. :(

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

You didn’t acknowledge my Stephane Adam/Fabian Le Clerq pun. :(

Oh, they were related... is that right? 

Bravo! 

Still not liking you😂

1 hour ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Missed you out on my reply to others. That statement was from CL and quoted verbatim in the evening news. The managers spin doctor is working hard for his wages these days.  

We're struggling to score goals and create chances let alone win points. This season is a write off for me. Too hurt to actually care. Dreaming of new dawn, new day and a whole new management team to take us forward. I’ll still be  there tomorrow night but I’m numb to the core watching the same old 5h1te

Fair enough bud. I apologise.

I thought those were your own thoughts.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Would now be a bit daft for anyone to bet you on relegation if you’d accept a bet on top 6.

Just opening it up. 

Depends on folk believing what they type. 

A few have mentioned relegation and the imminent battle to avoid it. 

An epic battle awaits us. 

47 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Oh, they were related... is that right? 

Bravo! 

Still not liking you😂

Brother-in-law, I think. Adam recommended him to JJ... or sold him a pup, if you prefer. 😄

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I’ve said for years we have been blessed at LB for almost my entire time supporting Hearts...

Whittaker

Pointon

Mahe

Naysmith

Fyssas

McKinlay

Grainger...

I may have missed a couple but there has been real quality there.

RB, however has been dire in the main. Neilson, Smith and Kidd probably our best. 

Gary Locke, Stephen Frail I thought were both good Right Backs

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Gary Locke, Stephen Frail I thought were both good Right Backs

I never liked Gary Locke for Hearts. All heart but little else. 

chester copperpot
11 hours ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Don’t understand the seethe on here at times. We are 8 points of 4th place and 9 points of 3rd place.

Levein is changing his name by deed poll to the breaking bad character Saul Goodman. This is to confuse the support when singing ‘we want you to go.’

I’ll be with the minority of fans who are travelling up for this as I’ve nothing better to do with my Wednesday nights than follow the famous. Two victories this week and all is forgotten and forgiven.

Steven Naismith to make a rare appearance. Rarer  than a speckled winged, double beaked flying dodo.

Saul Goodman! 

HHGH

Aye after 10 ****ing games. Do you watch football via commentary from yer guide dug? 

12 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Aye after 10 ****ing games. Do you watch football via commentary from yer guide dug? 

You’ve also not been following my replies to other posters on here. These words were quoted by the manager himself and not by me. It was a satirical take on his words.

I actually go home and away and have done for years. Perfectly good 20/20 vision.  Missed a handful of games over the last 6 years. 

Totally and utterly scunnered with watching us just now. As I say, too numb to care of late! 

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

You’ve also not been following my replies to other posters on here. These words were quoted by the manager himself and not by me. It was a satirical take on his words.

I actually go home and away and have done for years. Perfectly good 20/20 vision.  Missed a handful of games over the last 6 years. 

Totally and utterly scunnered with watching us just now. As I say, too numb to care of late! 

Apologies then as I didnt read past your post. My bad. Apologies again.

This is mental! Here’s the Hearts starting XI the last time we beat St Johnstone in the league in Perth:

Kello

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Jonsson

Palazuelos

Black

Templeton

Skacel

Mrowiec

Kyle

Elliott

:wow:

Toxteth O'Grady
32 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I never liked Gary Locke for Hearts. All heart but little else. 

He tried too hard at times, I remember he injured one of our own players by going for the same header. Flogel early in a game against Celtic I think?  We could do with a few with his Heart now though 

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

11 hours ago, Finlay James said:

2-0 Hearts (Uche & Morrison)

You should get to Ladbrokes...2 players who dont score goals scoring in the same game!!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You’ve spoken to her? 

Im sure she is concerned about results and performances. Quite why she isn’t taking action is another matter IMO.

she doesn’t seem concerned. What has she done about it?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

she doesn’t seem concerned. What has she done about it?

On the face of it, very little although I’d be surprised if there hadn’t been dialogue between her and CL regarding performances and expectations. 

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Keep you awake at night.... 

Laughing? 

Nope, just hoping that lightning doesn't strike twice, this time on our side of the city. Point is, if I remember right,  H1b5 were sitting comfortably in 6th place when Fenlon was dumped. Finding a new manager is not as easy as some folk think.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Nope, just hoping that lightning doesn't strike twice, this time on our side of the city. Point is, if I remember right,  H1b5 were sitting comfortably in 6th place when Fenlon was dumped. Finding a new manager is not as easy as some folk think.

Always my concern with things like this. 

Folk think sacking CL solves everything, it's just the start. 

At some point, tho you reach a critical juncture  and need to make a change. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bridge of Djoum
39 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He tried too hard at times, I remember he injured one of our own players by going for the same header. Flogel early in a game against Celtic I think?  We could do with a few with his Heart now though 

We do absolutely need more heart, and real leaders on the park. 

I dont recall call the incident you speak of but it sounds about right. Wasn’t his major injury involving his over eagerness? Don’t know if I have that right.  Can’t deny his passion for Hearts, a true Hearts man. Maybe a better midfielder than RB, but still very limited. 

48 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

You should get to Ladbrokes...2 players who dont score goals scoring in the same game!!!

Uche doesn’t score goals?

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Uche doesn’t score goals?

Not many. In his career the only team he has scored more than 5 goals for is Cambridge United.

And more than 2 goals is Crew (4 and 2 in two spells). Port Vale (5) and of course Hearts (5).

I like Uche and with the right support he is an asset. But he is not and never has been a regular goal scorer at any level.

Edited by Francis Albert

Ricardo Shillyshally
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Remember when you used to look forward to reading a match day thread? 

Or a match for that matter.

Not really 😞

will still be there tomorrow though 😀

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not many. In his career the only team he has scored more than 5 goals for is Cambridge United.

How many did he score for us last season?

Edit :wiki says 8. 

another edit: says he scored 6 in 21 for port vale as well.

Edited by GinRummy

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Remember when you used to look forward to reading a match day thread? 

Or a match for that matter.

RiqxKXr.jpg