***St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian official match day thread***

Tenor

Find it strange that walker and naismith are being mentioned as possibly playing when they haven't even featured for the reserves. Surely we should be easing them back in slowly

Edited by His name is

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

3 nil up by 60 mins Mr Smith. 🤔

I will have a pint of what you are drinking 😅😅. 👍

🍻

I usually go to McDairmid all the time but not this time. It’ll be a shitefest. Two of the three most brutal teams in the league playing long bangers on what will probably be a freezing cold, wet night. I’ll pass. 

If we can’t beat them then we are in serious trouble this season and a very low finish is on the cards. 

Maybe a poor result will have a silver lining and the board will finally wake up from their coma and put us all out of our misery by removing Levein. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I usually go to McDairmid all the time but not this time. It’ll be a shitefest. Two of the three most brutal teams in the league playing long bangers on what will probably be a freezing cold, wet night. I’ll pass. 

If we can’t beat them then we are in serious trouble this season and a very low finish is on the cards. 

Maybe a poor result will have a silver lining and the board will finally wake up from their coma and put us all out of our misery by removing Levein. 

He’ll get the weekend at least and I’m assuming now that unless he walks, he’ll be here for the season. Budge doesn’t seem remotely angry about the results.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Anyone seriously believing he is not leading the team out on Sunday is deeply misguided. No home match between now and the semi, he will be in charge Sunday; possibly for the last time, if there are 2 poor efforts.

First paragraph may be largely accurate, serious trouble stuff I am still finding melodramatic with 25 games left to play. If our injury problems remain as is, then that will make things difficult for us, however, there is not a single team in the league who can say they have had an easy game off Hearts, every single one has been forced to scrap, regardless of results, Hearts are not an easy team to beat.

I have to admit that I've changed my mind more often than my socks about Levein, and I change my socks every day.

I was of the opinion that he would get the first round of fixtures, which means Wednesday I think, but he'll get the Rangers game for sure. Depending on those two results he might well get the second round, by which time he should have most of the injured players back. If we're still stuck at the bottom by then we are seriously in the ****. Memories of Hibs, Fenlon and Butcher will be keeping me awake at night.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I have to admit that I've changed my mind more often than my socks about Levein, and I change my socks every day.

I was of the opinion that he would get the first round of fixtures, which means Wednesday I think, but he'll get the Rangers game for sure. Depending on those two results he might well get the second round, by which time he should have most of the injured players back. If we're still stuck at the bottom by then we are seriously in the ****. Memories of Hibs, Fenlon and Butcher will be keeping me awake at night.  

If we replace Levein with Butcher, that would worry me and make me laugh :lol:

:lolderwood:

34 minutes ago, micole said:

Could it be Hearts 0........certainly hope not, where the goals will come from is anybody's guess.

For us, probably an og. 😏

Four Hearts players could potentially return from injury against St Johnstone on Wednesday evening. Jamie Walker, Steven Naismith, Aidy White and Loic Damour are all pushing to be involved in the vital Premiership match at McDiarmid Park.

The participation of forwards Walker and Naismith is not certain as they must complete two days of full training this week before being considered. Even then, manager Craig Levein may err on the side of caution with both players ahead of Sunday's Betfred Cup semi-final with Rangers.

Defender White will be available after missing Saturday's goalless draw with Livingston due to concussion. Midfielder Damour was an unused substitute in that match having recovered from a hamstring problem and will likely return to action in Perth.

The experienced Ireland midfielder Glenn Whelan remains doubtful after a tight hamstring precluded him at the weekend.

Hearts are just one point better off than the Premiership's bottom club St Johnstone ahead of their midweek visit, with both clubs desperate for victory.

The Japanese forward Ryotaro Meshino is recovering from the illness which forced him off against Livingston, but he may not be used from the start.

"Ryo was feeling better yesterday but we have three games in a week and I don't know if he is ready for that yet. It will be more about how is feeling than anything else," said Levein.

"As for our other injuries, Conor Washington will still be a while yet, as will John Souttar, Craig Halkett and Ben Garuccio. Walker and Naismith are the two who are further ahead."

29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’ll get the weekend at least and I’m assuming now that unless he walks, he’ll be here for the season. Budge doesn’t seem remotely angry about the results.

Just dinnae. Another season ? :facepalm:

28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Anyone seriously believing he is not leading the team out on Sunday is deeply misguided. No home match between now and the semi, he will be in charge Sunday; possibly for the last time, if there are 2 poor efforts.

First paragraph may be largely accurate, serious trouble stuff I am still finding melodramatic with 25 games left to play. If our injury problems remain as is, then that will make things difficult for us, however, there is not a single team in the league who can say they have had an easy game off Hearts, every single one has been forced to scrap, regardless of results, Hearts are not an easy team to beat.

Probably all true Gio.

No doubt we are tough to beat, that goes for most teams in this league. It isn’t an easy league, the margins are minute unless you’re the OF. 

Serious trouble to me is bottom 6, as you say if we keep struggling with injuries then yes, we could find ourselves in a scrap at the bottom but I also think we’ll pick up a lot more points when we get our best players back, just not enough to reach our expectations. 

SJ will have their tails up, watched their highlights v Accies and they seemed full of running. When you have only won 1 in 10 then to me every game is a must win.

There’s being a hard team to beat then there’s actually being able to do the key things well to win football matches and impose an effective game on the opposition.

Its just the same predictable stuff from Hearts just now. 

Edited by Debut 4

8 hours ago, Tenor said:

"Jamie Walker, Steven Naismith, Aidy White and Loic Damour are all pushing to be involved in the vital Premiership match at McDiarmid Park."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/four-hearts-players-could-return-injury-against-st-johnstone-820974

I'd almost forgotten all about Walker!

Yeah blah blah blah heard it all before!

GorgieFifeLife
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We aren't getting relegated. Win draw or get beat tommorow. 

Wed is huge for CL tho. 

Sunday is huge for us, chance of a final. 

There is every chance we can be relegated and as things currently stand I'd have us as favourites to go down.  Few players back and new manager can change that though.

GorgieFifeLife
3 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We’ve not even played one round of games and you have us in a relegation fight, your also telling us that St Johnstone have a better midfield .... geez peace.

Their midfield is far better than what we fielded at Livingston.  These are games which we cant get back and the quicker the players treat this like a relegation fight the better.  We are not too good to go down.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Prepare for this:

Doyle

Brandon

Smith

Berra

Hickey

Damour

Irving

Wighton

Morrison 

MacLean 

Keena

Delightful

31 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bench of:

Joel

Dikamona 

Bozanic

Walker

Ryo

Naismith 

Uche

That bench would beat that starting 11

We can’t be resting players.

Strongest team available. Defeat likely puts us joint bottom of the league.

Sunday will take care of itself. Tomorrow is more important.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

There is every chance we can be relegated and as things currently stand I'd have us as favourites to go down.  Few players back and new manager can change that though.

We won't be relegated. 

Charity bet? 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Keep you awake at night.... 

Laughing? 

CanadianJamTart
8 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  Levein said last week he was going to stop giving injury updates and here he is again spouting the same pish to the media.  Covering his arse because he knows once the team is announced that folk will turn the car round and drive home.  

I glazed over the Walker and Naismith stuff and focused on the fact that Whelan and Ryo are almost definitely out.  I’m therefore sticking by my line up I posted the other day

Pereira

Brandon

Smith

Berra

Hickey

Morrison

Irving

Damour

Clare

Keena

Uche

Doesnt make great reading if you’re planning a trip up to Perth in the freezing cold after a long day at work.

Is Ryo out right now too?!

Bridge of Djoum

Our best hope is a back 4. Smith, Dikamona, Berra and Hickey.

please god no Brandon. Smith behind Morrison is far more solid. 

Praying for a win to give us momentum going into the weekend. 

2-0 Hearts. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You’ve spoken to her? 

Im sure she is concerned about results and performances. Quite why she isn’t taking action is another matter IMO.

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Our best hope is a back 4. Smith, Dikamona, Berra and Hickey.

please god no Brandon. Smith behind Morrison is far more solid. 

Praying for a win to give us momentum going into the weekend. 

2-0 Hearts. 

Smith has to play central defence imo. Berra looks better beside him than anyone else this season. Brandon has done ok last couple of games. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Prepare for this:

Doyle

Brandon

Smith

Berra

Hickey

Damour

Irving

Wighton

Morrison 

MacLean 

Keena

And a three nil rout! 😄

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, GinRummy said:

Smith has to play central defence imo. Berra looks better beside him than anyone else this season. Brandon has done ok last couple of games. 

I hear you. I just think if Brandon has been good recently he’s due a shanner. Also if we had someone to keep their right side busy going backwards then I’d say Brandon as you mentioned, Berra looks better with Smith beside him. I suspect Brandon will start, though. 

9 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Good lord...where are we going to get 8 or 9 points from??

8 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

Hard to tell if people are on the wind up ? Given our form over the last year being optimistic it'll take us 8 or 9 games to get 9 points !  And suddenly Haring, Naismith and Walker are all going to play in 10-15 consecutive games, hard to imagine !

The quote wasn’t from myself. I was quoting CL verbatim in the evening news. Nothing like some positive spin to calm the angry masses. Apathy has set in fir myself and if we drop 3 points tomorrow then cest la vie! I’ve never felt as low as this even when went down into the championship 

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

I hear you. I just think if Brandon has been good recently he’s due a shanner. Also if we had someone to keep their right side busy going backwards then I’d say Brandon as you mentioned, Berra looks better with Smith beside him. I suspect Brandon will start, though. 

Do we maybe miss Godinho? 😳

Yeah until Soapy or Halkett are back there’s no ideal solution. Brandon is a big concern I agree. 

The other option is obviously Hickey RB, White LB. Thought Hickey was poor at RB v Rangers but not sure how much of that was down to an off day or being moved position.

8 hours ago, iantjambo said:

We've played 10 league games and won one. If you think that's in anyway acceptable then that's your call.

Let's not forget our form throughout the entire year.

Missed you out on my reply to others. That statement was from CL and quoted verbatim in the evening news. The managers spin doctor is working hard for his wages these days.  

We're struggling to score goals and create chances let alone win points. This season is a write off for me. Too hurt to actually care. Dreaming of new dawn, new day and a whole new management team to take us forward. I’ll still be  there tomorrow night but I’m numb to the core watching the same old 5h1te

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah until Soapy or Halkett are back there’s no ideal solution. Brandon is a big concern I agree. 

The other option is obviously Hickey RB, White LB. Thought Hickey was poor at RB v Rangers but not sure how much of that was down to an off day or being moved position.

Even thought Hickey is 2 footed we must play players in their natural positions, with very clear instructions. Half the time it seems they play with no plan, or the plan simply being safety 1st. Our transitional play is almost non-existent. 

Im really looking forward to having Halkett and Souttar together. 

Even thought Hickey is 2 footed we must play players in their natural positions, with very clear instructions. Half the time it seems they play with no plan, or the plan simply being safety 1st. Our transitional play is almost non-existent. 

Im really looking forward to having Halkett and Souttar together. 

Agree with all of that tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

But we won't 👍

Some people will be saying we won’t right up until we lose the play off to Ayr United or whoever.  

For some reason I think you’d be one of those people 😀

in saying all that I think we’ll struggle for top 6 but probably won’t go down. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

A man who we unfortunately knew from Adam.

I’ve said for years we have been blessed at LB for almost my entire time supporting Hearts...

Whittaker

Pointon

Mahe

Naysmith

Fyssas

McKinlay

Grainger...

I may have missed a couple but there has been real quality there.

RB, however has been dire in the main. Neilson, Smith and Kidd probably our best. 

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I’ve said for years we have been blessed at LB for almost my entire time supporting Hearts...

Whittaker

Pointon

Mahe

Naysmith

Fyssas

McKinlay

Grainger...

I may have missed a couple but there has been real quality there.

RB, however has been dire in the main. Neilson, Smith and Kidd probably our best. 

stevie Frail. He was class until he got injured.