• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

I know it was just a comparison on how poor McLean is. 

It's a wee bit harsh comparing him to one of the top epl goalscorers of all time though :lol:

This Hearts team need to prove us wrong. They need to go out tonight and pick up all 3 points and prove they are worthy of the maroon jersey (or what ever colour it is tonight)..

If we loose Tonight and on Sunday which I suspect we will. Then there is absolutely no way Levein and his back room staff should be in position on Monday Morning. 
Do or Die tonight and on Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, allyby said:

Don't think he'll play again this year now.

I know it has been said ad nauseum  but why did we sign this guiser? He is done and we are left holding the bill!

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Doesn't work that way in football .

Perhaps you knew that already ?

What happens if we get another injury in the first minute and one of them had to come on?? 

Get them on the park and get Clare and McLean as far away from the first team as possible. Shambolic selection again. 

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

:lol:

We have another 27 games or so to correct a bad result tonight. 

Only one shot at a league Cup final this year though, against a Rangers team we just drew against. 

Little chance of us correcting much anytime soon. Could be well into Feb before we are full strength. May be too late by then. Wide open spaces of Hampden will see us take a doing.

18 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Semi is a dead rubber. This is the big game, a must win and the biggest of Leveins management career.

Wouldn’t go as far as semi dead rubber but agree this game is massive tonight for all the obvious reasons 

19 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I like playing with ma boaby but i have to decide where and when. Likewise with this, McLean is not the answer 

🤫

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Little chance of us correcting much anytime soon. Could be well into Feb before we are full strength. May be too late by then. Wide open spaces of Hampden will see us take a doing.

Just like the doing we got in the cup final?

Its a one off game. I'm not confident but I'm not writing it off. 

16 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

There is the crux of why Levein is a poor manager. McLean and Clare are nowhere near good enough to play for Hearts. I appreciate that Rangers have a bigger budget but when you sign a striker in his 30's he has to still pose a threat. Hate to say it but Defoe is far superior to McLean in every way. 

Thank you Captain Obvious!

11 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

There is the crux of why Levein is a poor manager. McLean and Clare are nowhere near good enough to play for Hearts. I appreciate that Rangers have a bigger budget but when you sign a striker in his 30's he has to still pose a threat. Hate to say it but Defoe is far superior to McLean in every way

You're telling us the guy who Sevco are reputedly paying around £30k p/w, has scored 150+ goals in the EPL and has 57 caps (20 goals) for England is far superior to McLean????

You're having a laugh

would rather Keena given chance instead of Maclean.

This could be a 0-0 or a 1-0 win for either team but have fear after tonight we are gonna be bottom of league.

NaturalOrder74

Unable to score goals against ten men at livi .. stick with the same line up come on to **** we’re actually relegation fodder 

9 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

If Defoe played for Hearts he would start every week and be our best player. Comfortably. 

He'd be out with a hamstring injury.

1 minute ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Unable to score goals against ten men at livi .. stick with the same line up come on to **** we’re actually relegation fodder 

it’s not the same line up.

I can accept the team, injuries and one eye on Sunday, bit worried we are overplaying Uche though with the work he puts in. The issue is the set up, how we will play and players knowing they are shite anyway as the manager says things will improve when the good players get back. I can't imagine that inspires many of them. 

maroonlegions

We have a clown in charge and another beside him. hang on there are another two on the sidelines , oh and another who is our scout..mmm, Not at all surprised that the tinkering is there again. **** the semi, we need to get up the fecking table.

38 minutes ago, yorkshire jambo said:

Contain them until half time and get Walker & Mesh on then ...?

Is that you Craig? 😃

13 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

That's the problem. There's bugger all love for that team anymore for a lot of us. 

Levein and his cronies have dragged us down into a pit of despair. 

Get a new man in with new ideas, freshen things up and give us all something to get behind again. 

There's easily 10 thousand fans that don't bother going to games these days. 

Defo. Get wee Robbo in, or even naismith, for the rest of the season. Gives us a bounce, pretty certain we'd get better football to watch and will get the fans back onside for the rest of the season. 

highlandjambo3
15 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

If Defoe played for Hearts he would start every week and be our best player. Comfortably. 

Not if CL played him in goals

6 minutes ago, king.Robbo said:

would rather Keena given chance instead of Maclean.

This could be a 0-0 or a 1-0 win for either team but have fear after tonight we are gonna be bottom of league.

Why is Maclean playing he is useless and possibly the worst finisher I have seen 

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, Homme said:

:lol:

We have another 27 games or so to correct a bad result tonight. 

Only one shot at a league Cup final this year though, against a Rangers team we just drew against. 

We've had 12 months to get better.

We havent!!!

23 minutes ago, Marvin said:

0-0 and Meshi to score the winner deep into extra time. That's me being optimistic.

I can't see tonight going to extra time tbh. 

9 hours ago, King prawn said:

Please can someone correct me on these:

Last away win at St Johnstone: Scottish Cup 2012

Last away league win at St Johnstone: November 2010

Surely we’ve won a league game there in a last 9 years ... 

Nope you are correct

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Hickey situation worries me, should have stuck with Brandon at right back to keep Hickey in his preferred role.

Don't worry he'll get switched back to the left when we're 1 down with 20 to go. 

It’s just diabolical all round. 

And yes I know there is a terrible list of injuries and a semi at the weekend. Still a diabolical team. 

29 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

No Naismith on the bench. I thought he was nearly back?

It be will that funny wee niggle again  that Levein likes to blame 🙄🙄

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

27 minutes ago, Marvin said:

0-0 and Meshi to score the winner deep into extra time. That's me being optimistic.

If it goes to extra time, you just know it’ll then go to penalties.

Why is Irving not playing either. Bozanic will presumably be out the door at the end of this season, might as well try to develop Irving. 

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Oh aye, that ‘twinge’?

3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Hickey situation worries me, should have stuck with Brandon at right back to keep Hickey in his preferred role.

Would be interesting to know if Hickey is happy about playing RB or not. 

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Don't worry he'll get switched back to the left when we're 1 down with 20 to go. 

Or when White hobbles off.😒

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Its actually starting to p!ss me off now. If he has a more serious injury Levein should be telling us.