Statement From Hearts

Jambos_1874

4 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have put out a statement, but if its been alleged that a crime has been committed its up to the police to  investigate, not he club. 

I'm no PR expert but I don't expect to be eating my breakfast and hearing the national BBC news mention allegations (unfounded by the way) of racism against HMFC.

It should be along the lines of:

We at HMFC have been advised of a racist incident in the stand on Sunday.  It goes without saying that we will take this very seriously and investigate thoroughly.  HMFC would also like to make it clear that all accused parties are innocent until proven otherwise.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• jake

• davemclaren

• Governor Tarkin

Well it’s just been mentioned on the 1 o’clock  bbc news along with the haringey v yeovil game . 

If there is no foundation to the alleged incident I do hope the bbc and the rest hound the accuser. 

I hope Hearts will have an updated statement at the ready .

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Unfortunately , the way things work ,  a statement was required . Perhaps it could have been worded in a more cautious way ?

I don't mean total denial à la Celtic

I was thinking this last night too but have changed my mind.  I understand why the statement was made but if it is not even a police matter surely there was no need to make a statement?  Do a quick investigation, establish there is nothing in it, then make a very public statement condemning the Rangers fan and the dangers of using social media to make false accusations.

All the statement has done is fan the flames of a fire that looks like it doesn’t even exist.

22 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No need for any aggressive abuse directed at anyone though - especially from the family stand

Surprised you weren't filming it all.

I can't stress enough the importance of innocent until proven guilty.  It is clear Hearts instantly side with the accuser and that is simply unacceptable to me.  The accuser and the accused are both fans.  One says one thing and the other will say another.  Hearts should be completely impartial until their is irrefutable evidence.

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Well it’s just been mentioned on the 1 o’clock  bbc news along with the haringey v yeovil game . 

If there is no foundation to the alleged incident I do hope the bbc and the rest hound the accuser. 

No chance, the BBC have a quota for these stories.  This is just another day for them.  

Still making them news today (BBC lunchtime news). From what I’ve seen it’s all nonsense be it deliberate or just stupidity. I just hope when it’s prove to be wrong we get or are afforded the same amount of airtime saying it was wrong. If not it will stick forevermore. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It should be along the lines of:

We at HMFC have been advised of a racist incident in the stand on Sunday.  It goes without saying that we will take this very seriously and investigate thoroughly.  HMFC would also like to make it clear that all accused parties are innocent until proven otherwise.

alleged racist incident. :)

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I can't stress enough the importance of innocent until proven guilty.  It is clear Hearts instantly side with the accuser and that is simply unacceptable to me.  The accuser and the accused are both fans.  One says one thing and the other will say another.  Hearts should be completely impartial until their is irrefutable evidence.

"The club is aware of an incident of alleged racism and is currently investigating it,"
"It goes without saying that Heart of Midlothian Football Club utterly condemns any form of racism and any individuals found guilty of such an offence will face an indefinite ban from Tynecastle Park."

I don’t see any presumption of guilt in the above?

Just now, redjambo said:

alleged racist incident. :)

You have learnt fast my child.  This one shows the force.

Just now, Barack said:

The club is aware of an incident of alleged racism and is currently investigating it.

"It goes without saying that Heart of Midlothian Football Club utterly condemns any form of racism and any individuals found guilty of such an offence will face an indefinite ban from Tynecastle Park."

Not sure which part is siding with the accusers, i8. Maybe I've missed it?

Oh come on, that is just a statement.  There is no doubt in my mind the ink has already dried here.

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

One racist is one too many but it seems we are being lumped in with incidents involving whole groups of people with racist motives. I wish the BBC and other broadcasters would wait for the full facts to come out before diving in to stories like this.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

The club is aware of an incident of alleged racism and is currently investigating it.

Not sure which part is siding with the accusers, i8. Maybe I've missed it?

Let's face it I8 want's the club to make a pigs ear of this so he can continue to have a go at them driving fans away etc etc. Therefore he has chosen to read the statement how he want's to rather than how it was actually written.

He will pop up in a minute claiming to be the defender of the innocent man but his posts have nothing to do with that in the slightest. 

Edited by Notts1874

Just now, Barack said:

Ah. Your own extensive legal opinion, coupled with your know bias towards Ann Budge then?

Don't think I'll be calling on you as a defence witness anytime soon. Soz.

You couldn't afford me Barrack my man

:gok:

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't be so sure.😎

maybe he didn’t mean financially more the aspect of a court seeing you defended by him would mean they just went straight to a guilty verdict and sentencing....

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Can someone clarify where the allegation came from? Iv seen people say some lad on twitter now you are saying a Hearts fan? (Unless im misreading your post) Aside from that the club put out a sensible statement. What did you want them to do. “Hearts have been telt by peeps that some Hearts fan might of or might not of shouted something racist but as twitter is in meltdown we have decided to crucify the alleged (only in other peoples eyes - we know he did it) perpetrator because thats what we do 

38 minutes ago, redjambo said:

How would you suggest that such a statement was worded? (honest question).

I suppose we could have said that the club had been made aware of an accusation on social media and that it encouraged the accuser to take his/her concerns to the police in order to determine whether or not a crime had been committed, and left it at that?

As you can probably see, I haven't had a career in PR. :)

To be honest I've reread the statement after making this post !

Think the statement is well worded . Club have shown themselves as being even handed and not assuming any guilt .

Actually think there is a lot of merit in your suggestion

Edited by johnthomas

25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Oh come on, that is just a statement.  There is no doubt in my mind the ink has already dried here.

What is it you said about innocent until proven guilty? You’ve already found the club guilty!! You are one walking box of contradictions. 😄

52 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not only that, but they should also chase up all the major media sources who mentioned the allegation and ask them to print a short story showing that there was no truth in the allegation (i.e. be active PR-wise in getting the story out there). We'll see how the investigation pans out first though.

Yip, I agree.

Talking closer to home, the mods could do themselves a favour by removing the guy’s blown up pic on page 2 of this thread.

No need.

35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What is it you said about innocent until proven guilty? You’ve already found the club guilty!! You are one walking box of contradictions. 😄

Ha. I am sure however that my founded assumption will not be too detrimental to us as an entity. I also said "in my mind" as that all my assumption is.  Now where is my twitter account

#corruptHMFC

BangkokHearts
19 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The thing is, if he’s innocent it won’t get mentioned on 5 Live or hardly anywhere, and no apology to the guy.

Yep. I'd be straight onto my lawyers.

Sue the ar$e off everyone.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

ban them from Tynie until they apologise properly. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Fourth last word ?

Typo ?

Bazzas right boot

Time we reverted to the old fashioned booo with a couple of fingers waving at them or the self abusing  sign. 

No confusion and gets the point across well enough. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Time we reverted to the old fashioned booo with a couple of fingers waving at them or the sign. 

No confusion and gets the point across well enough. 

Signs are no longer acceptable. I read recently that the 'OK' hand sign is now a racist gesture. Genuinely makes me want to greet.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Signs are no longer acceptable. I read recently that the 'OK' hand sign is now a racist gesture. Genuinely makes me want to greet.

It kept deleting a word that I eventually got through as self abusing. 

Couple of fingers, 1 finger, a bit off booing with the self abusing sign aimed at them. 

Old fashioned, no sweary words, no confusion, but effective. 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Can someone clarify where the allegation came from? Iv seen people say some lad on twitter now you are saying a Hearts fan? (Unless im misreading your post) Aside from that the club put out a sensible statement. What did you want them to do. “Hearts have been telt by peeps that some Hearts fan might of or might not of shouted something racist but as twitter is in meltdown we have decided to crucify the alleged (only in other peoples eyes - we know he did it) perpetrator because thats what we do 

A Rangers fan watching on tv

42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A Rangers fan watching on tv

I did see police hadn’t received a complaint as of yesterday evening.

So basically this guy has watched it. Lip read what he wants to read and blown twitter up with it , without it being conclusive in any way and has managed to make an international level incident. Has there been any official lip reading done on it to clarify by any official outlet? Fair play to Hearts getting ahead of it but if that was the source of the allegations , jesus christ

Just heard on Sky Sports the police are investigating the alleged racist abuse of the traveller community at Northampton v Salford at the weekend too. 🙃

Edited by sadj

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Well that's because it's being used by racist groups, not because someone randomly decided it was racist.

chuck berrys hairline
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

👌👌👌👌

The world's gone mad but hey ho can maim Catholic kids and it's still ok 🤔

As expected BBC Scotland Sportsound lead with the Hearts racism row . I am absolutely shocked at this.

There is no place for racism in our world.

Edited by 7628mm

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

As expected BBC Scotland Sportsound lead with the Hearts racism row . I am absolutely shocked at this.

You’re shocked at what?  And are they assuming the guy is guilty?

3 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Rather be dead in a ditch than listen to that. 

Fozzyonthefence

Just saw it on BBC Scottish news. Of course they had to add that 2 fans were banned from Tynecastle earlier for sectarian abuse just in case anyone hadn’t made their mind up on this.  HMFC really shouldn’t have made the statement, it’s backfired spectacularly.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Just saw it on BBC Scottish news. Of course they had to add that 2 fans were banned from Tynecastle earlier for sectarian abuse just in case anyone hadn’t made their mind up on this.  HMFC really shouldn’t have made the statement, it’s backfired spectacularly.

Would it help to see the issue in the full context of scottish football and the shame associated with sectarianism for decades and decades against the backdrop of a complicit and generally voiceless media (Ian Archer, excluded).

Hearts have made their statement. Let it play out.

Incredible that this has been on every half hourly bulletin on five live, talk sport and bbc. This has come from a fan literally deciding he can read lips and him subsequently posting it on twitter. The club are now being vilified for doing the right thing, shambles. I sincerely hope Budge and the board publish the results and take the correct people to task. 4500 people sing about the UDA, UVF and it’s ignored but some mad crackpot Rangers fan sitting in his house decides he seen something and it’s national news. Disgrace. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Incredible that this has been on every half hourly bulletin on five live, talk sport and bbc. This has come from a fan literally deciding he can read lips and him subsequently posting it on twitter. The club are now being vilified for doing the right thing, shambles. I sincerely hope Budge and the board publish the results and take the correct people to task. 4500 people sing about the UDA, UVF and it’s ignored but some mad crackpot Rangers fan sitting in his house decides he seen something and it’s national news. Disgrace. 

how is the club being villified for doing the right thing?

Stephane Grappelli
On 20/10/2019 at 16:52, Smith's right boot said:

He's naw even black, is he? 

We have several black players and other races. 

Makes no sense. 

Some folk are tools if true. 

Lots of hun that, *****, orange, smelly, trampy, **** and other general banter, but I heard no racism from anyone. 

Kinda hoping most of these sorts are Boycotting in solidarity with thier banished mates, sorry due to CL still being here or already banned. 

Not that it makes any difference but he is black.

Also, trolling about Levein on yet another thread?  Give it a break.

There’s no statement on the website about this. Plenty of justifiable ways to abuse that wee wank Morelos without resorting to racism.

Can’t see any news reports decrying the 2000 or so knuckle-draggers who feels it is acceptable or relevant to chant ‘**** Bobby Sands - he’s deid’ in Scotland in 2019.

Interesting development if a punter using social media can accuse another (and by implication his club’s support) of criminal activity, using only his own interpretation of events shown on TV as evidence.

Also interesting to note that BT shot these events using a camera behind the player, almost as if the fans he was goading were of more interest than the jubilant goal scorer. I’m cynical enough to think that could easily become a ploy, employed by story hunting/creating media types.

Using the match day cameras to spot and bring to prominence anti social behaviour, allowing screen grabs of individual faces and the online witch hunt that follows thereafter, all seems terribly easy.

Does make me wonder why in 40 years of watching Scottish football I have never seen TV cameras show a similar close up of the away end at Tynecastle. When, on certain days, anyone of c3000 fans might’ve been similarly brought to prominence and brought to book.

Edited by cocobeab

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Where is the Statement? I've had a look at the official website and can't see it

Only the quotes in the article from a Hearts spokeperson. No statement as such. 

williamgerrard

Theres no case to answer the guy in question is not a racist and can see someone getting sued re this cant say to much as i am friends with the accused but the person who put it up on twitter has been sent a private message on fb all i will say hes a bitter zombie 

Racism is disgusting whether in football or life, but why is it the media give it full focus and not sectarianism? That bothers me just as much and both have no place in society. 

The Scottish media should do more and those foolish politicians who voted against OBA should be ashamed. Political point scoring isn't going to make it go away. 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

10 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Theres no case to answer the guy in question is not a racist and can see someone getting sued re this cant say to much as i am friends with the accused but the person who put it up on twitter has been sent a private message on fb all i will say hes a bitter zombie 

Have the police confirmed to him that there is no case?

GorgieRules22
13 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

The whole thing is actually ridiculous. The poor guy is being hung out to dry for something he clearly didn’t say. It could have been any of us that the media are causing a shitstorm over.....why is Morelos celebrating 5 yards from our fans ? Surely he’s going to get verbals that happens but as for racist abuse we’ll thats just nonsense.

Time for Ann Budge to speak up for the fans on this one, we’re being dragged through the mud.

The club have brought this negative press upon themselves with the ‘statement’. Complete naivety on their part and not for the first time.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not like the club to be over the top with a statement like this but this thread has made prize plums of several people, which is pleasing.