Statement From Hearts

Jambos_1874

Toxteth O'Grady
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Personally I think they’re giving oxygen to something which probably hasn’t happened, was based on nothing more than inconclusive social media posts and didn’t merit a response.

This is exactly what I think. It is worrying that you could be called a racist just because someone has posted a clip of you shouting something at a player who happens to not be white and Scottish. Worse still the club we support gives credence to the allegation with their announcement of an investigation. It’s really no way to treat customers  

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• jake

• davemclaren

• Governor Tarkin

4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

This is exactly what I think. It is worrying that you could be called a racist just because someone has posted a clip of you shouting something at a player who happens to not be white and Scottish. Worse still the club we support gives credence to the allegation with their announcement of an investigation. It’s really no way to treat customers  

Someone complains that a supporter has been racist and and Hearts should ignore it?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Someone complains that a supporter has been racist and and Hearts should ignore it?

Allegedly racist in fairness. 

Toxteth O'Grady
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ok I’ll say right here and now that I think you were racist at a recent game. What should Hearts do about it? 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think that would give closure one way or other. I assume that they must have a good reason for not doing that ( yet ) but not sure what. I think I’ll ask Ann what our process is next Thursday at the HMSA dinner. 

Be interesting to hear the clubs take on this. I just worry that once it gets out that we take any allegation seriously we’ll get a plethora of absolute nonsense being reported. I’m all for bampots being weeded out, however a sufficiency of evidence should be starting place for any action. 

Fozzyonthefence
34 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Ok I’ll say right here and now that I think you were racist at a recent game. What should Hearts do about it? 

You forgot to post a video of Dave shouting something at the game.  That’s all the proof you need now to make national news.

Toxteth O'Grady
10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You forgot to post a video of Dave shouting something at the game.  That’s all the proof you need now to make national news.

I don’t want to post it because it looks like he has a banana (or something) in his pocket 😂

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Thanks for that , utter pish , but thanks all the same . 

Little post from a little man

It's sad that you have lowered yourself to that type of language but I'll try to understand given what has clearly been a poor upbringing 

13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Little post from a little man

It's sad that you have lowered yourself to that type of language but I'll try to understand given what has clearly been a poor upbringing 

Getting worse 🤣

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

fear not as queen ann is a shrewd business woman who always knows the right thing to do

what happened to the guys accused at the Motherwell game I remember all the publicity when they were accused and presumed guilty but it seemed to go low key after that - lifetime/indefinite bans I assume

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

dole queue filling up with lawyers - guilty as alleged in the court of Twitter 

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

dole queue filling up with lawyers - guilty as alleged in the court of Twitter 

To be fair I tend to mutter more than shout but I get your point re technology and social media, but that’s the world we live in. 

Doctor FinnBarr
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair I tend to mutter more than shout but I get your point re technology and social media, but that’s the world we live in. 

Must be an age thing Dave as I tend to mutter as well, not just at games but in general

15 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

fear not as queen ann is a shrewd business woman who always knows the right thing to do

what happened to the guys accused at the Motherwell game I remember all the publicity when they were accused and presumed guilty but it seemed to go low key after that - lifetime/indefinite bans I assume

I thought they were proven non guilty? Still waiting on Robinson from Motherwell to issue an apology to the club after he said that he heard the apparent racist chanting 

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I thought they were proven non guilty? Still waiting on Robinson from Motherwell to issue an apology to the club after he said that he heard the apparent racist chanting 

He did hear it, but apparently not quite correctly. 😎

15 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Must be an age thing Dave as I tend to mutter as well, not just at games but in general

Probably true. 🤪

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Aren’t we still waiting on our club to issue a statement on this?  If so, I’m wondering if there will even be a follow up statement on the Morelos incident.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

“Like the dark ages” were the words he used iirc.  

Governor Tarkin
On 25/10/2019 at 01:14, davemclaren said:

Too many Werthers Originals in your mouth, Dave? :)

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Too many Werthers Originals in your mouth, Dave? :)

Prawn flavoured?  I dont think Dave is in the cheap seats.  He come across a too refined for that...