Statement From Hearts

Jambos_1874

Nothing to get upset about here, complaint , investigate , no evidence , no further action taken. Club have communicated quickly and hopefully will do so again once cleared . 

Given the actions of the England team last week and the team walking of at the weekend due to racist abuse, there will be more and more of this as racism gets called out more often ( and rightly so) , I also hope it leads to more debate on the sectarian nonsense that exists in Scotland .

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• jake

• davemclaren

• Governor Tarkin

10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

ezgifoptimize.gif

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Never knew that before, Smithee.  :thumbsup:

An interesting post on a pretty shit thread.. 

And a giant tittybiscuits to you both, sirs.

3 minutes ago, fila said:

Nothing to get upset about here, complaint , investigate , no evidence , no further action taken. Club have communicated quickly and hopefully will do so again once cleared . 

Given the actions of the England team last week and the team walking of at the weekend due to racist abuse, there will be more and more of this as racism gets called out more often ( and rightly so) , I also hope it leads to more debate on the sectarian nonsense that exists in Scotland .

Last paragraph.

It won't.

BBC news should be hounded to repeat their headlines retracting the accusation if found false.

And if it was indeed a Rangers fan complaining then let's start complaining about them to the bbc.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And a giant tittybiscuits to you both, sirs.

I was actually being serious.

9 minutes ago, His name is said:

Please tell me we haven't issued a statement on the back of someone in their house, videoing their TV screen with their phone then putting it on twitter and claiming it was racist. Please tell me we haven't.. 

Mate what's worse is the headlines on bbc.

Absolutely disgraceful

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Ummm how?

You have posted a picture of someone who may be totally innocent and indeed is innocent until anyone can prove otherwise.

Everyone would have been shouting the odds at Morelos. This guy has just been caught on film as he is in the front row.

Just now, Morgan said:

I was actually being serious.

👍 I got that, I just couldn't be bothered doing two separate appreciations because I'm so very, very lazy.

Just now, Smithee said:

👍 I got that, I just couldn't be bothered doing two separate appreciations because I'm so very, very lazy.

Cheers, Mr Lazy. :) 

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Feel a bit sorry for him nae teeth and nae luck. 

I think we all do.

Hopefully he's hung like a young rhino to even things up a bit.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and you showed Lord Junior who's the boss on the board. :kirk:

This is a good example of the dangers of acquiescing to weaponised moral outrage. 

I understand and appreciate it’s the protocol of the day but there is a sad irony that the club statement is what adds substantive value to this incredulous allegation which takes it beyond the 6h lifespan of Twitter flap.

If the club said nothing, did an investigation and released a statement on the conclusion of that there would be so less sensational furore. Granted some welts on Twitter would pretend they care about racism but I honestly believe that even if the boy was found guilty it would draw less negativity. 

I don’t mean to slate the club for doing the wrong thing with regards of what is expected but more trying to point out the hideous paradox that this act of virtuosity is akin to trying to put a fire out by using bellows; in this case it is the club statement which validates the reporting of this story.

The biggest take from this will be football is rife with racism and Hearts have a problem with racism  NOT Hearts have acted honourably in light of serious but unsubstantiated allegations.

1 million followers on Twitter

4 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

This is a good example of the dangers of acquiescing to weaponised moral outrage. 

I understand and appreciate it’s the protocol of the day but there is a sad irony that the club statement is what adds substantive value to this incredulous allegation which takes it beyond the 6h lifespan of Twitter flap.

If the club said nothing, did an investigation and released a statement on the conclusion of that there would be so less sensational furore. Granted some welts on Twitter would pretend they care about racism but I honestly believe that even if the boy was found guilty it would draw less negativity. 

I don’t mean to slate the club for doing the wrong thing with regards of what is expected but more trying to point out the hideous paradox that this act of virtuosity is akin to trying to put a fire out by using bellows; in this case it is the club statement which validates the reporting of this story.

The biggest take from this will be football is rife with racism and Hearts have a problem with racism  NOT Hearts have acted honourably in light of serious but unsubstantiated allegations.

👏

I don't see anything wrong with the club statement tbh even though the evidence is inconclusive. Unfortunate timing with the abandoned game yesterday and it's a pretty bog standard reaction to any allegation. 

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Excellent post.

I've removed the picture of Morelos as we've seen him enough on this thread..

1 hour ago, jake said:

Mate what's worse is the headlines on bbc.

Absolutely disgraceful

Meanwhile nowt about their scum singing 90 minutes of sectarian filth. God I hate the bbc with a fekin passion

Racism is disgusting 

Sectarianism is disgusting 

what’s reported?  And even then racism is not even remotely proven yet their shite is there for anyone to hear.

Im disgusted with this institution we have to pay for 

Edited by 1971fozzy

4 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Superb stuff.

Meanwhile, imagine someone getting into football for the first time, and noticing its quite bizarre double standards. 

"So... singing about being up to your knees in another religion's blood is apparently fine. Celebrating violent groups is apparently fine. Saying you hope a rival player dies in their sleep with a bullet from a terrorist group is apparently fine. Club songs recorded on the club's own ground which celebrate terrorist groups are apparently fine. Abusing people for their appearance is apparently fine. Players telling opponents what they'd like to do to their wives or sisters is apparently fine. But one thing and one thing only is apparently disgusting and shameful and must be rooted out of this family game".

None of which makes any sense at all. Never mind that as far as I can see, the reason this poor chap's been singled out is:

1. He's bald

2. He's gap toothed

3. He looked angry while pointing a finger

In other words: he's been singled out based on the very stereotyping which so often results in racism! 

Now, he might be guilty regardless. I mean, I doubt he was complaining to Morelos about the quality of coffee beans he bought from Lidl the other day. But the 'evidence' seems practically non-existent... and football is so selective in its attitudes towards all this, it's unbelievable. 

Some of us have long suspected that if strict liability is ever brought in, it's not Rangers and Celtic who'll be punished. It's Hearts and Hibs. Because making an example of two clubs who are too weak and powerless to fight back and only have a handful of idiots among their support will always be infinitely preferable to going after either or both of the Glasgow two. Chiefly for the reason that the authorities and journalists don't fancy death threats and bricks through their windows. 

"Rangers only drew today? Don't worry lads, here's a massive media distraction!" That's what it looks awfully like from where I'm sat.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Superb stuff.

Meanwhile, imagine someone getting into football for the first time, and noticing its quite bizarre double standards. 

"So... singing about being up to your knees in another religion's blood is apparently fine. Celebrating violent groups is apparently fine. Saying you hope a rival player dies in their sleep with a bullet from a terrorist group is apparently fine. Club songs recorded on the club's own ground which celebrate terrorist groups are apparently fine. Abusing people for their appearance is apparently fine. Players telling opponents what they'd like to do to their wives or sisters is apparently fine. But one thing and one thing only is apparently disgusting and shameful and must be rooted out of this family game".

None of which makes any sense at all. Never mind that as far as I can see, the reason this poor chap's been singled out is:

1. He's bald

2. He's gap toothed

3. He looked angry while pointing a finger

In other words: he's been singled out based on the very stereotyping which so often results in racism! 

Now, he might be guilty regardless. I mean, I doubt he was complaining to Morelos about the quality of coffee beans he bought from Lidl the other day. But the 'evidence' seems practically non-existent... and football is so selective in its attitudes towards all this, it's unbelievable. 

Some of us have long suspected that if strict liability is ever brought in, it's not Rangers and Celtic who'll be punished. It's Hearts and Hibs. Because making an example of two clubs who are too weak and powerless to fight back and only have a handful of idiots among their support will always be infinitely preferable to going after either or both of the Glasgow two. Chiefly for the reason that the authorities and journalists don't fancy death threats and bricks through their windows. 

"Rangers only drew today? Don't worry lads, here's a massive media distraction!" That's what it looks awfully like from where I'm sat.

:spoton:

Jambof3tornado

It has fatty traynors sticky prints all over it.

Knocked off the top of the league, but lets for focus on one potentially racist fan who appears to be angry at morelos celebrating in his face. I dont imagine I looked much better the several times I was up screaming at morelos for getting away with the shite he does.

Still no idea how its not a booking.

I get that racism in football is big news right now but it does no good to have incidents like this reported almost as fact by the likes of Sky Sports and the BBC which are generally regarded as honest media outlets. 

You can’t just go throwing around accusations like this without facts. 

Haven't been through all of this thread, wondered if anyone knew what happened in the first row section E or F ? First a young guy was taken out followed by an older guy about 5 mins later wearing a jambo top by the way. So didn't look like he was supporting the Hun.  Then followed by another 3 one was a young lass. 

ToadKiller Dog

Soon as that clip went up the club would have countless phone calls from the lamb munchers looking for comment .The club had to make a statement and the statement is correct in its tone .

So no rush to condemn the person from the club which it the right way to do it .

He could be saying anything ,I'm sure the lamb munchers will find a lip reader .

Dont forget the photoshopped rudi spit photo years back ,Dont trust the press to be objective .

The crap media we have in our game is always going to hype up the incident . And of course they will turn a deaf ear to "up to knees ""****ing popes etc" it's always been the case  .

Orcs and celtic fans get a free pass.

The rest of the clubs never will.

I would never defend racism BUT this incident, which has been highlighted by the BBC, is nothing more than a distraction. It is a distraction to shine a light on a club which in general has no real issues with either racism or bigotry while all the time putting two clubs that have real issues in a nice shady spot... and nothing more. This incident could have taken place at ANY football ground in Scotland, other than Ibrox and Parkhead, and the BBC would have been on the case.

GorgieRules22

Watched it time and time again and the boy clearly shouts “your ****ing George Burley” no sure if there’s any truth in that though. 😄

Pasquale for King

He celebrates every goal in front of the opposition fans, he takes a lot deserved stick. No need to racially abuse anyone, just call him an ugly *****. Whoever did it will be caught, if it was those guys at the front of the Gorgie Stand.

Pasquale for King

It would’ve been nice if the club had also mentioned the non stop sectarian bile coming from a stand full of scumbags who live in the dark ages.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He celebrates every goal in front of the opposition fans, he takes a lot deserved stick. No need to racially abuse anyone, just call him an ugly *****. Whoever did it will be caught, if it was those guys at the front of the Gorgie Stand.

Whoever allegedly done it, mate !

Like many past incidents, let’s wait and see how this pans out.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Boab said:

Whoever allegedly done it, mate !

Like many past incidents, let’s wait and see how this pans out.

Yeah of course, innocent until proven guilty.

Heart of Midlothian FC really need to sort out our PR/media.  Our Public Relations is very poor, from the apparent targeting of our own fans to the clubs good name being unnecessarily and very publicly dragged through the mud today due an unfounded allegation.

I'm all for us doing the right thing but jesus, we don't half make ourselves an easy target

Edited by Fun Boaby

1 minute ago, Fun Boaby said:

Heart of Midlothian FC really need to sort out our PR/media.  Our Public Relations is very poor, from the apparent targeting of our own fans to the clubs good name being unnecessarily and very publicly dragged through the mud today due an unfounded allegation.

I'm all for us doing the right thing but jesus, we don't half make ourselves an easy target

Tough one for the club. All over the MSM so they had to say something, imo. Nothing wrong in the club’s statement.

If nothing comes of it, let’s hope there is a statement to say so, unlike past incidents which seemed to pass with nothing said.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Tough one for the club. All over the MSM so they had to say something, imo. Nothing wrong in the club’s statement.

If nothing comes of it, let’s hope there is a statement to say so, unlike past incidents which seemed to pass with nothing said.

They’ll probably have a go at it on Sportsound tonight.

Whoever made the original accusation is walking on very shaky ground. They should have taken their concerns to the police and the clubs, not broadcast it on social media with so little evidence that a crime had been committed. The person in question could well end up suing the accuser for defamation (or whatever it is called).

I agree also that Hearts should not have put out a statement. The event (or non-event) at Tynie has now been added to other racism-related football articles where definite racism has been experienced, and in the minds of many, Hearts will now be seen as a club with racist supporters. The fact that we produced that statement increased the legitimacy of the accusation and the reporting thereof.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, redjambo said:

Whoever made the original accusation is walking on very shaky ground. They should have taken their concerns to the police and the clubs, not broadcast it on social media with so little evidence that a crime had been committed. The person in question could well end up suing the accuser for defamation (or whatever it is called).

I agree also that Hearts should not have put out a statement. The event (or non-event) at Tynie has now been added to other racism-related football articles where definite racism has been experienced, and in the minds of many, Hearts will now be seen as a club with racist supporters. The fact that we produced that statement increased the legitimacy of the accusation and the reporting thereof.

You’ve made a very good point.

Hearts shouldn’t have reacted to someone on Twitter.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You’ve made a very good point.

Hearts shouldn’t have reacted to someone on Twitter.

Exactly. Hearts statement has lead to this being mainstream news. If there was a complaint investigate it and issue a statement based on those investigation if necessary.

I’m astounded this has gained so much traction based on a tweet from a Rangers fan. The guy is shouting at Morelos what he’s said is unclear. Put it this way would it stand up in court, I very much doubt it. This poor guy will be vilified for this based on a tweet it’s ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That’s why I said in my above post that if there nothing in the allegation, the club should be as public in stating so, unlike past incidents, racial or otherwise. To not do so, increases the legitimacy of accusations that the club are not treating their own fans the same way they do others. An accusation that has reared it’s head a few times in the past.

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

No need for any aggressive abuse directed at anyone though - especially from the family stand

12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Unfortunately , the way things work ,  a statement was required . Perhaps it could have been worded in a more cautious way ?

I don't mean total denial à la Celtic

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

That’s why I said in my above post that if there nothing in the allegation, the club should be as public in stating so, unlike past incidents, racial or otherwise. To not do so, increases the legitimacy of accusations that the club are not treating their own fans the same way they do others. An accusation that has reared it’s head a few times in the past.

Not only that, but they should also chase up all the major media sources who mentioned the allegation and ask them to print a short story showing that there was no truth in the allegation (i.e. be active PR-wise in getting the story out there). We'll see how the investigation pans out first though.

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No need for any aggressive abuse directed at anyone though - especially from the family stand

That is by the by, as is any suggestion that Morelos should be booked for winding up the opposition. The accusation made was one of racist speech, and that is all that matters.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Racist abuse is vile, if that is what it was but you mention it was from the family stand so on the other hand why is a player allowed to goad a stand full of families with no apparent condemnation from the media. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I agree.

He should have shouted "You're a naughty boy."

:greggy:

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Unfortunately , the way things work ,  a statement was required . Perhaps it could have been worded in a more cautious way ?

I don't mean total denial à la Celtic

How would you suggest that such a statement was worded? (honest question).

I suppose we could have said that the club had been made aware of an accusation on social media and that it encouraged the accuser to take his/her concerns to the police in order to determine whether or not a crime had been committed, and left it at that?

As you can probably see, I haven't had a career in PR. :)

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have put out a statement, but if its been alleged that a crime has been committed its up to the police to  investigate, not he club. 

I'm no PR expert but I don't expect to be eating my breakfast and hearing the national BBC news mention allegations (unfounded by the way) of racism against HMFC.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

How would you suggest that such a statement was worded? (honest question).

I suppose we could have said that the club had been made aware of an accusation on social media and that it encouraged the accuser to take his/her concerns to the police in order to determine whether or not a crime had been committed, and left it at that?

As you can probably see, I haven't had a career in PR. :)

Nothing wrong with that. 

15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sadly rj it is just 'how it is' now.  It is generation accusation.  The plebs who take everything at face value and believe it without the ‘other side’ of the argument or and I feel almost crazy saying this – there is actual irrefutable evidence.  It is going to take some serious repercussions for someone to change their ways.  I’m talking accusing the wrong person one day and been dragged through every court in the land.  Then we will see how they like getting their life ruined.

There is a few on here that spend all day every day (literally every post) just slandering anyone and everything in their way without the slightest substance to back up.  One poster in particular is making a career out of it.  These people are the lowest form of life on a  level with the actual bona fide racists etc.  I really feel there needs to be harsher laws for these trouble makers.  As in, if you are proven to falsely accuse then it is a custodial sentence.

It really is THAT SERIOUS an issue.  We all know there are racist pigs out there but the VAST majority are not.  The way these people throw the accusations everyone bar them is one.  If someone at Tynecastle is found to be bringing their rotten abhorrent prejudices into our ground and it is irrefutable actions then who in the world would not welcoming bannings.   But to name and shame before any trial etc is an absolute outrage.  If this guy is completely innocent of this crime then he will always still be the ‘racist in the stand’ as that is the power of social media.

People need to start realising that this is severely harmful in so many way, get your evidence straight and don’t just make someone guilty to the entire world until the facts are approved as one day they might be on the other end of this story.  I have purposely not opened the links to this on Twitter as 1. I am not on it and 2. I would not want to prejudice an opinion of what could be a very decentr human being.

Ex member of the SaS

The statement could have been worded:

Hearts have been made aware of an unfounded accusation on social media. Investigations will continue and if there is any truth in the accusation then appropriate action will follow. However until the accuser or the police come forward with further proof, Hearts will treat this as unproven.