Statement From Hearts

Jambos_1874

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

If the person accused is found to be innocent of the accusations, we can't really take the media to task and demand that organisations apologise if they use the word "alleged", or similar, in their reporting. For those who didn't, and made it appear that a racist incident did occur as fact, an apology might perhaps not be enough.

It was more the lack of background checking resulting in the phrase, “racist chanting.”

Whether alleged is used or not, that simply didn’t happen and wasn’t even alluded to in the moronic original tweet. 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• jake

• davemclaren

• Governor Tarkin

31 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Morelos is a diving, cheating, greetin faced wee shitebag, the colour of his skin has no bearing on that.

Correct.

Like Brown, he gets people’s’ backs up. Good players but annoying. 

So we are guilty now! (I knows it’s the Dailty Mail) Once the Club investigation is concluded, whenever that is, we need to set the record straight. So far we (the fan or fans and the club) are guilty of this incident despite no conclusion having been reach. 

“Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos was also racially abused during Sunday's 1-1 draw with Hearts at Tynecastle.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7606179/Liverpool-fans-racism-storm-unfurl-banner-mocking-size-Divock-Origis-manhood.html

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:rofl:

Of course not.

Scottish football full of seething racists but sectarianism is just a minority!

:rolleyes:

The cherry on top for me.... 

Aberdeen got investigated for sectarianism last season. 

Aberdeen. 🤣

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Morelos is a diving, cheating, greetin faced wee shitebag, the colour of his skin has no bearing on that.

Exactly.

Am I right in saying that no one has actually stated what the supporter is accused of shouting/saying to Morelos.

Is he accused of calling him a black ******* or something else derogatory?

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

It was more the lack of background checking resulting in the phrase, “racist chanting.”

Whether alleged is used or not, that simply didn’t happen and wasn’t even alluded to in the moronic original tweet. 

Fair point. Although it can be argued that one person can chant, the term is usually associated with multiple participants. :)

51 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Am I right in saying that no one has actually stated what the supporter is accused of shouting/saying to Morelos.

Is he accused of calling him a black ******* or something else derogatory?

Nobody has figured out what was said.

It's just assumed that they shouted something racist.

Guilty until proven innocent.

Evidence preferred but not required.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I've shouted worse at Steven Naismith and Kris Boyd when at Rangers than I have at Morelos.

And when at Kilmarnock too.

12 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’d direct you to The Anfield Wrap and a very good podcast they did on racism in August. Your first sentence is lies and your second is classic deflection. 

Origi the guy that got them into the champions league final and the best they could do for him is that.  

Can’t believe there is anyone who will argue that is not a blatant racist stereotype.  You won’t see Robertson getting that sort of treatment.  Unfortunately this is exactly why we still need organisations like show racism the red card.  

Really about time this was cleared up. If there was nothing racist at all in was shouted at Morelos the it’s high time the club issued a statement to that effect. 
Getting just a bit fed up with the media trying its very best to paint supporters of this club as racist at every opportunity. Galling when they routinely ignore full on bigotry from other sides if the Glasgow divide as a matter of routine. 

Edited by Deevers
Typo

10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Getting just a bit fed up with the media trying its very best to paint supporters of this club as racist at every opportunity. 

It is not just the media to be fair, we seem to be hell bent almost obsessed with shopping our own too both as fans and as a club.  Like you though I am pig sick of it.

13 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Really about time this was cleared up. If there was nothing racist at all in was shouted at Morelos the it’s high time the club issued a statement to that effect. 
Getting just a bit fed up with the media trying its very best to paint supporters of this club as racist at every opportunity. Galling when they routinely ignore full on bigotry from other sides if the Glasgow divide as a matter of routine. 

Perhaps an argument for the club to issue a further statement pointing out how various organisations/media outlets have hijacked this . Stating racist chanting etc without a shred of evidence

28 minutes ago, Deevers said:

With something as serious as this, you would think, hope, that the club would move quickly to sort it out...one way or the other. Longer it goes on, it just creates bad feeling all round.

9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Perhaps an argument for the club to issue a further statement pointing out how various organisations/media outlets have hijacked this . Stating racist chanting etc without a shred of evidence

It’s the very thing that’s annoying me.  I have no problem with anyone behaving like a complete idiot being called out and dealt with.  It would appear however that these allegations are spurious at best and  malicious probably. If the allegation is complete mince then why have the club not come out and said this. Silence just allows the media hacks to way in and further smear the club and it’s supporters.

Maroon Sailor

So I'm assuming this story is a complete fabrication and using the race card again to guarantee controversy.

All it has done is piss the Hearts fans off and making people in general fed up with unfounded racist connotations.

So the club has been investigating this since Sunday and still nothing , seem about par for the course . 

The guy has either said something racist or he hasn't . 

Quick to investigate but not to quick to investigate it  would seem . 

alwaysthereinspirit
13 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

SSN carried an article yesterday referring to Rangers appealing to their own fans to behave and not indulge in sectarian singing in Porto. They went on to say, “this comes hot on the heels of alleged racist chanting aimed at Alfredo Morelos during Rangers game at Tynecastle on Sunday.” I couldn’t believe that an editor could allow that to be included with zero research of the story. 

On behalf of the fans, one in particular, Hearts should be taking all these media organisations and alleged charities to task and demanding apologies. We were rightly slated as a support for January 1988 but for 30 years now, it feels like every time there’s a racist incident the Hearts fans are brought up. Last Tuesday’s Sportsound (following England in Bulgaria) was Ian McCall and Derek Ferguson going on about how they played in Scotland’s shame game. As usual, no mention made of bananas raining into the pitch and comedians on both sides of the OF divide openly making jungle jokes (a reference to the nickname of Celtic Park’s terracing which ran the length of the park) when Mark Walters debuted at Parkhead a fortnight earlier. 

Four days now since this nothing incident was brought to the attention of the authorities (and Hearts) by a Twitter nobody. How has it not been dealt with and put behind us? 

What is the number of fans required for it to be classed as chanting as opposed to being yelled at?

And we still don’t know what was yelled. 

Yes he looked upset but that doesn’t make it automatically racist. Poor guy if innocent. 

13 minutes ago, ramrod said:

So the club has been investigating this since Sunday and still nothing , seem about par for the course . 

The guy has either said something racist or he hasn't . 

Quick to investigate but not to quick to investigate it  would seem . 

Imagine the club taking time and effort to investigate properly.....how terrible that is

Many have complained about the rush to judgement from other organisations yet when Hearts do things in the right manner you complain

People just don't have the time to drop everything to suit your timetable

25 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Imagine the club taking time and effort to investigate properly.....how terrible that is

Many have complained about the rush to judgement from other organisations yet when Hearts do things in the right manner you complain

When it’s an allegation against Hearts support in Tynecastle, you’d hope they would drop everything and get it sorted pronto. At least, that’s what many are saying.

SectionDJambo

What was the outcome of the Motherwell accusation at Tynecastle? I remember some doubt about what had actually been said, along the lines of the comments were not racist and not towards the Motherwell players.

I can’t remember seeing any official outcome, although there were plenty headlines at the start. Did I just miss what was found to have happened?

54 minutes ago, Boab said:

When it’s an allegation against Hearts support in Tynecastle, you’d hope they would drop everything and get it sorted pronto. At least, that’s what many are saying.

It's not a police investigation..people involved have jobs and can't just attend when Hearts deem it necessary

The real world is out there

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

It's not a police investigation..people involved have jobs and can't just attend when Hearts deem it necessary

The real world is out there

What people ?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Pish.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Has their actually been a formal complaint about this?

Not to my knowledge but why would they investigate something that was posted by some clown watching it on television.

The police would deal with any complaint.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not to my knowledge but why would they investigate something that was posted by some clown watching it on television.

The police would deal with any complaint.

What I find strange is that the club were drawn into commenting on this so quickly. Surely would have made sense to wait and see if there was something to it.

The Real Maroonblood

What I find strange is that the club were drawn into commenting on this so quickly. Surely would have made sense to wait and see if there was something to it.

Exactly.

29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

All they said was they abhorred racism and would look into it. There’s not much less they could have said when asked by the media.  

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

All they said was they abhorred racism and would look into it. There’s not much less they could have said when asked by the media.  

No comment would suffice.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

No comment would suffice.

That would have played really well with the press. Are you in PR? 😎

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They could have declined to say anything until they were aware of what they were being asked about.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That would have played really well with the press. Are you in PR? 😎

They could’ve added “Until there is a police investigation.”

IMO they’ve made an arse of it.

It could be open season for any clown to post stuff.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They could have declined to say anything until they were aware of what they were being asked about.

They were being asked about an alleged racist incident. I imagine we always investigate these. 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

They could’ve added “Until there is a police investigation.”

IMO they’ve made an arse of it.

It could be open season for any clown to post stuff.

That’s how allegations work. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think the problem is that there has been a silence since the initial statement. That has created a vacuum that certain media outlets and organisation have filled with direct allegations that the abuse directed towards Morelos was racist. Now it would appear that was not the case and that the allegation of this has been made by someone with an axe to grind.  It’s a bit like the initial furore last season with Motherwell and the allegation that were made in that game that were eventually found to be nonsense.  To me there is a two edged sword with all of this - where it is proved that someone acted in a racist manner the club are quite correct to take action and publicise  the action taken. The other side of this is that were allegation of this sort of behaviour found to be completely untrue then surely the club must refute the allegations publicly. 

Johnny Sandiego
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How do you know Hearts were unaware of what was being asked about? How do you know if a formal complaint had or hadn't been raised with the club when they issued the statement after the game?

In the current climate if Hearts were to refuse to comment when asked about it, we would get ripped to shreads by the press. 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I think the problem is that there has been a silence since the initial statement. That has created a vacuum that certain media outlets and organisation have filled with direct allegations that the abuse directed towards Morelos was racist. Now it would appear that was not the case and that the allegation of this has been made by someone with an axe to grind.  It’s a bit like the initial furore last season with Motherwell and the allegation that were made in that game that were eventually found to be nonsense.  To me there is a two edged sword with all of this - where it is proved that someone acted in a racist manner the club are quite correct to take action and publicise  the action taken. The other side of this is that were allegation of this sort of behaviour found to be completely untrue then surely the club must refute the allegations publicly. 

I think that would give closure one way or other. I assume that they must have a good reason for not doing that ( yet ) but not sure what. I think I’ll ask Ann what our process is next Thursday at the HMSA dinner. 

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They were being asked about an alleged racist incident. I imagine we always investigate these. 

Were they though?  Who asked them?  The police weren’t even aware and no complaint had been made.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Were they though?  Who asked them?  The police weren’t even aware and no complaint had been made.

The press I would hazard as the two sentence response was a direct quote. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The press I would hazard as the two sentence response was a direct quote. 

I was under the impression (albeit from comments on here) that the club were just being proactive in light of the social media posts.  I wouldn’t imagine that the club would normally hold a press conference on a Sunday afternoon / evening.

19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I was under the impression (albeit from comments on here) that the club were just being proactive in light of the social media posts.  I wouldn’t imagine that the club would normally hold a press conference on a Sunday afternoon / evening.

There was an attributed quote in several papers. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
39 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

How do you know Hearts were unaware of what was being asked about? How do you know if a formal complaint had or hadn't been raised with the club when they issued the statement after the game?

In the current climate if Hearts were to refuse to comment when asked about it, we would get ripped to shreads by the press. 

If there isn’t an official complaint though, will you accept that we were commenting on nothing and without even looking into what it was we were being asked to comment about?

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Thanks for that , utter pish , but thanks all the same . 

Johnny Sandiego

If there isn’t an official complaint though, will you accept that we were commenting on nothing and without even looking into what it was we were being asked to comment about?

Nope, Hearts were definately aware of the allegation when they issued their statement, wheather it had been raised as an official complaint or not. Thats what the statement actually confirms. 

I beleive as they wanted to stay ahead of the predicted media storm, given the high profile nature of racism in football at the moment, they got their statement out to acknowledge the allegation ahead of a full enquiry. I cant see anything wrong with that. 

The incident is complete bollocks, there is no way anyone can say with any conviction that our fan used racist language. Me and you know that, Hearts probably know that too. But, while we can call it like we see it, Hearts need to be more diplomatic than that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Nope, Hearts were definately aware of the allegation when they issued their statement, wheather it had been raised as an official complaint or not. Thats what the statement actually confirms. 

I beleive as they wanted to stay ahead of the predicted media storm, given the high profile nature of racism in football at the moment, they got their statement out to acknowledge the allegation ahead of a full enquiry. I cant see anything wrong with that. 

The incident is complete bollocks, there is no way anyone can say with any conviction that our fan used racist language. Me and you know that, Hearts probably know that too. But, while we can call it like we see it, Hearts need to be more diplomatic than that.

Personally I think they’re giving oxygen to something which probably hasn’t happened, was based on nothing more than inconclusive social media posts and didn’t merit a response.

If there was any racist abuse surely at least one of the Rangers players in the vicinity would have heard it.

They were close enough to the fans who wouldn't exactly have been whispering.

As far as I'm aware no player has made a complaint.