Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert Lazar

• kingantti1874

• JamboAl

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I said it when he signed and I say it again,Craig Wighton is utter pish who should be nowhere near Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

My guess is if fit by January he will be punted out.

We could have had Shankland for nothing but paid a six figure fee for this guy. Amazing judgement by our scouting network. 

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Stumped for an answer then...not like you.

You think so?  Stroll on with your amateur psychology.

Just now, JamboAl said:

You think so?  Stroll on with your amateur psychology.

Could you get with the program and stop the petty squabbling please.

We sign a player, we slag him off, it's how it works. 

It's how you get the best out of players.

Glad I could help. Cheers. 

5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

We could have had Shankland for nothing but paid a six figure fee for this guy. Amazing judgement by our scouting network. 

Could you please let me know why no other teams were in for Shankland?

7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

We possibly could have had Shankland and so could Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Killie etc and it makes one wonder why no one made a move.

We have signed other players in the past like Reilly (QoS) and Wyness (ICT) from smaller clubs and they are examples of players who could not make the step up to the top league.  What guarantees are there that Shanks can?

Edited by JamboAl

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Could you please let me know why no other teams were in for 

What's your point here?

He's banging them in at a ridiculous rate for Utd and scored his 1st international goal last week,surely you are not trying to put a negative spin to make our judgement yo not sign him look smart?🤣🤣

Bracket Wighton with the likes of Gavin Reilly, Dylan, Bikey, Ross Callachan, Danny Amankwaa, Ryan Edwards, etc.  Oh and David Vanacek.   Speculate to accumulate...

Which of Levein's ex-picks will prove to be the biggest success after leaving Hearts?    I had thought maybe Bjorn Johnsen, but maybe not.

23 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Ask them.......!

5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Bracket Wighton with the likes of Gavin Reilly, Dylan, Bikey, Ross Callachan, Danny Amankwaa, Ryan Edwards, etc.  Oh and David Vanacek.   Speculate to accumulate...

Which of Levein's ex-picks will prove to be the biggest success after leaving Hearts?    I had thought maybe Bjorn Johnsen, but maybe not.

Edwards hardly had a chance...

Edited by Section Q

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We possibly could have had Shankland and so could Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Killie etc and it makes one wonder why no one made a move.

We have signed other players in the past like Reilly (QoS) and Wyness (ICT) from smaller clubs and they are examples of players who could not make the step up to the top league.  What guarantees are there that Shanks can?

Shankland seems to be his own man. Maybe that's why he chose Dundee Utd over a move south.

23 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What's your point here?

He's banging them in at a ridiculous rate for Utd and scored his 1st international goal last week,surely you are not trying to put a negative spin to make our judgement yo not sign him look smart?🤣🤣

Why not answer his question?

Absolute Scenes
38 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What's your point here?

"banging them in"... he's playing against lower league part time fodder - it's expected, i'd be more concerned if he wasn't. PLus United's budget is sky high compared to the other teams. . Even Gavin Reilly was "banging them in". No other SPL team went in for him, so that shows you what other teams think of him too - that he looks good in championship, but has shown no signs that he'd kick on in the premier league. His first international goal was a tap in against the worst team in the world - pull your pants up.

22 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Shankland seems to be his own man. Maybe that's why he chose Dundee Utd over a move south.

Yes but I was asking/wondering why Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Killie etc didn't make a move for him either.

49 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Celtic Rangers Hibs Killie etc could have went in for Wighton too but they didn’t, only us, why didn’t they? Because he’s not good enough.  Shankland is miles better than him. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Celtic Rangers Hibs Killie etc could have went in for Wighton too but they didn’t, only us, why didn’t they? Because he’s not good enough.  Shankland is miles better than him. 

Well that's that settled then.

MarkDevriesScores4

Wighton was a weird one. Wasn’t even scoring regularly before we signed him. Potentially been a clever bit of work by his agent as he will never make the cut in the top flight which is fairly obvious to anyone that has watched him play. 

Allowayjambo1874
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

He’s on silly money at Dundee Utd (£3-4K per week basic) which puts him out of most teams budget. Killie won’t go for an Ayr player, fans wouldn’t accept him, leaves Edinburgh, Aberdeen or old firm. Old firm won’t take unproven striker from lower division fans won’t accept it they want marquee forwards ( nearly all players from lower division teams brought in are defensive), he has been at Aberdeen previously no idea if bridges are burnt but that left us and hibs in a prime position if we were willing to pay those kind of wages. Hibs new manager paid a lot of money going for a Forest Green striker as that’s the market he knows. Therefore it was wide open for us if we met the wage demand. We preferred going for Washington, time will tell if that was a wise decision or not, but in the here and now I’m not sure it was. 

Edited by Allowayjambo1874

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Well that's that settled then.

Could it be possibly they all had an out and out goalscorer also? There’s a couple of examples for you mate.

Have you any idea why we didn’t go for Shankland but decided to pay £250k for Wighton? 

Could it be possibly they all had an out and out goalscorer also? There’s a couple of examples for you mate.

Have you any idea why we didn’t go for Shankland but decided to pay £250k for Wighton? 

No.  Have you?

Firstly I don't think it would be an either/or.  I don't even believe they play in the same position

I'm sure I read on KB that we did consider Shankland but chose not to take it further.  Maybe someone can confirm this.

Leveins Battalion
33 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

"banging them in"... he's playing against lower league part time fodder - it's expected, i'd be more concerned if he wasn't. PLus United's budget is sky high compared to the other teams. . Even Gavin Reilly was "banging them in". No other SPL team went in for him, so that shows you what other teams think of him too - that he looks good in championship, but has shown no signs that he'd kick on in the premier league. His first international goal was a tap in against the worst team in the world - pull your pants up.

🤣🤣🤣”part time foddder” he scored against us this season 

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No.  Have you?

Firstly I don't think it would be an either/or.  I don't even believe they play in the same position

I'm sure I read on KB that we did consider Shankland but chose not to take it further.  Maybe someone can confirm this.

So you’ve absolutely no clue about anything in that case and when you question absolute everything it’s legitimate questions then!  No bother, get you now. 

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No.  Have you?

Also, we “considered” Shankland, a out and out goalscorer, thought better of it and erm didn’t sign any out and out goalscorer.  

Genius.  Sean Clare can play there so it’s all good - said nobody apart from Levein, ever. 

Edited by Last Laff

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Ian McCall said that Shankland was very close to signing for Rangers and there was other teams interested. 

27 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We didn’t pay £250k for Wighton. 

Allowayjambo1874
Allowayjambo1874
42 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Wighton was a weird one. Wasn’t even scoring regularly before we signed him. Potentially been a clever bit of work by his agent as he will never make the cut in the top flight which is fairly obvious to anyone that has watched him play. 

A quick google shows that the Daily Record was reporting us as going for him in Jan 2016 so possibly been on the radar for a long long time. 

I’ve watched both Wighton and Shankland and we’ve definitely signed the wrong one. Surely anybody that’s watched Wighton playing in a Hearts jersey can’t argue with that.

Absolute Scenes
46 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

🤣🤣🤣”part time foddder” he scored against us this season 

Good deflection there, totally disregarding the rest of the post. 

One game against a higher league team. My point stands. He’s playing against lower league fodder on a weekly basis therefore expected to score regularly. He has a reputation to upkeep, he needs to be scoring or he’s found out.  Come back when you can prove he would have been a good player for a PREMIER LEAGUE team

36 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Also, we “considered” Shankland, a out and out goalscorer, thought better of it and erm didn’t sign any out and out goalscorer.  

I didn't actually say that.  I seemed  to recall it from Kickback.

Genius.  Sean Clare can play there so it’s all good - said nobody apart from Levein, ever. 

I don't know what your final point is about.  I presume you are saying that CL felt we didn't need to sign Shankland because SC can play there.  I can't recall that.  Maybe you have a link.

Those slagging Shankland for scoring against 'part-time fodder' in the Championship, ask yourself would Wighton have scored that many in the Championship over the past few seasons?

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Good deflection there, totally disregarding the rest of the post. 

One game against a higher league team. My point stands. He’s playing against lower league fodder on a weekly basis therefore expected to score regularly. He has a reputation to upkeep, he needs to be scoring or he’s found out.  Come back when you can prove he would have been a good player for a PREMIER LEAGUE team

What like Davie Weir,Colin Cameron and Neil McCann or Ryan Stevenson?All playing at lower league clubs prior to moving to Hearts.

Or John McGinn?.....

At least he scored against “lower league fodder” Shighton didn’t even do that!!!

But you carry on believing what you want 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't know what your final point is about.  I presume you are saying that CL felt we didn't need to sign Shankland because SC can play there.  I can't recall that.  Maybe you have a link.

No, you said he considered him or read it.  What I do know is we’ve neglected the goal scoring department since Lafferty left brining in players who aren’t out and out goalscorers and there was one kicking about on our doorstep and thought otherwise of it.  There must be a reason Levein went for a player like Wighton and paid actual money for and declined the likes of Shankland when we can barely buy a goal. 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Those slagging Shankland for scoring against 'part-time fodder' in the Championship, ask yourself would Wighton have scored that many in the Championship over the past few seasons?

Shankland has scored close to 100 career league goals,Wighton has scored 10 !!!!

6 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Has Wighton not already played, and done not much in the Championship?

The answer to your question though will probably be answered next season when we punt him as yet another lost cause. 

28 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Shankland has scored close to 100 career league goals,Wighton has scored 10 !!!!

Couldn't believe he'd scored so few, so checked. I then thought that adding Cup goals might, perhaps, improve his stats. They do. He's scored 1 in the League Cup making it a career grand total of 11. 

More precious cash down the drain. It's the Levein way.

Hearts or any other SPFL side were never going to pay £3k or 4K a week for a Championship player with one good season in that league. 

In hindsight, if they knew then what the know now, then perhaps top sides in the SPFL and clubs in England would have been happy to offer those sort of wages because now it doesn’t look like just s punt into the dark. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

I can’t really blame CL or Hearts for not going after the boy. We’ve had our fingers burnt too often and we went down the round of signing guys who were tried and tested at this level probably because of that.

Hibs pissed away 400k on some English 4th/5th division boy who’s been utter humpty. That was a punt perhaps better spent on Shankland from their perspective.

So, while I think a few clubs are probably kicking themselves that they didn’t take a chance, no one could really have foreseen that the boys not just some one season wonder, has stepped up into a bigger side and has been battering in the goals, as well as scoring for his Country. 

49 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No, you said he considered him or read it.  What I do know is we’ve neglected the goal scoring department since Lafferty left brining in players who aren’t out and out goalscorers and there was one kicking about on our doorstep and thought otherwise of it.  There must be a reason Levein went for a player like Wighton and paid actual money for and declined the likes of Shankland when we can barely buy a goal. 

I said I read it.  You seem to be obsessed with the idea that we were faced with a situation where we either signed Wighton or Shankland for the striker position.

I have already said I don't believe it was an either/or (do you have proof otherwise?) situation and IMO Wighton isn't an out-and-out striker anyway.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I said I read it.  You seem to be obsessed with the idea that we were faced with a situation where we either signed Wighton or Shankland for the striker position.

I have already said I don't believe it was an either/or (do you have proof otherwise?) situation and IMO Wighton isn't an out-and-out striker anyway.

I’m not obsessed with anything let alone least in a scenario you’ve just made up.  Wighton is a shite signing I’m sure you’ll agree, Shankland we’ve missed out on, though you’ll have 100s of excuses and questions as to both. 

I’m not obsessed with anything let alone least in a scenario you’ve just made up.  Wighton is a shite signing I’m sure you’ll agree, Shankland we’ve missed out on, though you’ll have 100s of excuses and questions as to both. 

Well you're definitely obsessed with Shankland.  Rangers, Celtic, Killie, Hibs etc must have missed out too.

Re Wighton he has disappointed thus far, of that there is little doubt, but he is now fully fit and in training so he may be back in the squad soon.  If that happens and he gets 2 or 3 games under his belt we may see a differend animal.

After all, we both want success for our team, don't we?

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Well you're definitely obsessed with Shankland.  Rangers, Celtic, Killie, Hibs etc must have missed out too.

Re Wighton he has disappointed thus far, of that there is little doubt, but he is now fully fit and in training so he may be back in the squad soon.  If that happens and he gets 2 or 3 games under his belt we may see a differend animal.

After all, we both want success for our team, don't we?

I gave you a few legit reasons why none of they teams went for or needed Shankland after you asked a few hours ago, did you miss that?

Second paragraph based on what exactly? 

Of course, you seem to be content with shite being served up with 100s of excuses and questions of “wht would you do” how would you do it etc etc etc etc instead of actually addressing anything ever replies to you.  And round and round you go.

You’ll appear in ten mins time blaming injuries and asking other posters questions. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Mort said:

Once he's back up to speed fitness wise, he really needs a loan spell to get regular game time. Likely in the Scottish Championship. 

Yip.

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What like Davie Weir,Colin Cameron and Neil McCann or Ryan Stevenson?All playing at lower league clubs prior to moving to Hearts.

Or John McGinn?.....

At least he scored against “lower league fodder” Shighton didn’t even do that!!!

But you carry on believing what you want 🤣🤣🤣

I can see arguments are not your strong point as you're ignoring every valid point made. I'm not arguing anymore. Shankland is championship material, this has been proven since no other club took a sniff.

Carry on shanking him off though

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I can see arguments are not your strong point as you're ignoring every valid point made. I'm not arguing anymore. Shankland is championship material, this has been proven since no other club took a sniff.

Carry on shanking him off though

🤣🤣🤣 and Craig Wighton..........what material is he?

We'll see where Shankland ends up if he keeps scoring at the rate he is,I've backed up my view of Shankland with actuall stats so I'm not ignoring anything.Meanwhile you can bizarrely continue to write off a young goalscorer,have you been scouting for Levein?

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

🤣🤣🤣 and Craig Wighton..........what material is he?

We'll see where Shankland ends up if he keeps scoring at the rate he is,I've backed up my view of Shankland with actuall stats so I'm not ignoring anything.Meanwhile you can bizarrely continue to write off a young goalscorer,have you been scouting for Levein?

I thought he was outstanding the other night when United couldn’t score against the mighty Alloa right enough. 

He has never scored a goal in the Premiership.