Craig Wighton

kimosavi

2 hours ago, Robert Lazar said:

There's some mental cases on here like. 

I think i might of signed up to the wrong forum. 

No pretty sure you've found your spiritual home

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert Lazar

• kingantti1874

• JamboAl

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Edited by johnthomas

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

she is undoing everything she has achieved.. her great work is the only reason there hasn’t been a full on revolt.

she is demonstrating a clear lack of football knowledge, is more interested in going to war with fans who stand rather than fix the problem at hand..also  the once electric tynecastle atmosphere is all but dead. She has done great things and has overall been one of our best owners, but right now she is demonstrating a clear lack of leadership.

What football owners know anything about football!

No pretty sure you've found your spiritual home

kingantti1874
Just now, tokyowalnut said:

Not wound up at all, just think it's odd and unnecessary when nearly every thread says the same thing.

I actually agree with a lot of the 'negative' points of view, it's just tedious reading the same thing on every thread! 

What else hearts related is there to talk about. If you don’t want to listen to people pissed off about the current state of affairs then you should probably give forums who’s predominant purpose is to talk about hearts a miss

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

What football owners know anything about football!

most of them know when they are fundamentally alienating their core customers ..

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

What else hearts related is there to talk about. If you don’t want to listen to people pissed off about the current state of affairs then you should probably give forums who’s predominant purpose is to talk about hearts a miss

My point, mainly is that every thread goes the same way. 

Ok, let's debate Wighton as a player, but the thread has gone the usual way...Levein out, Budge out! 

I have my season ticket, pay to be a member of this forum, so I'm quite entitled to come on here. It's the repetition in every thread that bugs me. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

My point, mainly is that every thread goes the same way. 

Ok, let's debate Wighton as a player, but the thread has gone the usual way...Levein out, Budge out! 

I have my season ticket, pay to be a member of this forum, so I'm quite entitled to come on here. It's the repetition in every thread that bugs me. 

of course you are entitled mate  - I’d never suggest otherwise..but levein is the dominant issue of this time, for the time being all roads will lead back to results on the park and the reasons for them. There’s no point in moaning about that. it can only be fixed by winning games. 

Wighton has ability, in fact, he’s technically very good, he has a great first touch,  but so far hasn’t shown the bottle or application to do it at this level. 

He’s like the complete opposite of Gavin Reilly, who had shitloads of bottle and absolutely zero ability. 

4 hours ago, Heriot_jambo said:

Injured, now quit your negative and use this time to treat yourself to something nice

That's the best advice I've ever heard

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

To many poor signings combined with poor coaching and little to no motivation .. a recipe for disaster 

Which ones would you say were poor signings and who could we have got instead?

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

of course you are entitled mate  - I’d never suggest otherwise..but levein is the dominant issue of this time, for the time being all roads will lead back to results on the park and the reasons for them. There’s no point in moaning about that. it can only be fixed by winning games. 

So Wighton's injury problems are due to results on the park?

7 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

So what you are saying is he is so pish he couldn't get into a really really pish Hearts team?

In short, yes.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Would like to see the lad coming into team when playing well with confidence because the lads always played when team poor and been easy target for the boo boys who've shattered his confidence

8 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

So what you are saying is he is so pish he couldn't get into a really really pish Hearts team?

He would be joining Maclean and Keena on the bench, watching Clare and Bobby ******* Zlamal up front. 

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Which ones would you say were poor signings and who could we have got instead?

this season and last? Off the top of my head,  wighton, lee, Edwards, Vanecek, Zlamal, Doyle,McLean, Clare, Mulraney.. and much as I love Steven Naismith, I’m now really concerned he’s going to fall into that category (but I don’t blame the club for that).  

9 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Without going all completely inspector cluedo on you. However.

For you to say “another” means you must have said that someone is off his nut previously. Your post history doesn’t show this. Other wise you wouldn’t have said another. 

You absolutely sure you are a “new” user?

No way is he a new user. Just another saddo who has been kicked off and has such a sad life they have to come back for more slagging of OUR club. Pathetic really

48 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I must be the only one who is looking forward to seeing how he does when fully fit. 

He has already played lots of times. Seriously he has had a good crack at it and he is ****ing abysmal. What you are looking forward to is a miracle 

letsalldothebeattie

Wighton is far from being the biggest problem at the club. He’s been unlucky with some injuries. Would like to see the lad get his chance when he comes back from his injury and hopefully take it. Their is a talent in him it’s just about getting him to show it. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I must be the only one who is looking forward to seeing how he does when fully fit. 

No you have an ally in me. I only base this on the reserves games I watched him play when he first came. Some of his goals were excellent and his first touch was class. In saying that his first team performances have been piss poor. Maybe due to this consistent injury. Doubt he’ll get the time though.

1 minute ago, goldie83 said:

No you have an ally in me. I only base this on the reserves games I watched him play when he first came. Some of his goals were excellent and his first touch was class. In saying that his first team performances have been piss poor. Maybe due to this consistent injury. Doubt he’ll get the time though.

Cheers for the info about reserve games. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

this season and last? Off the top of my head,  wighton, lee, Edwards, Vanecek, Zlamal, Doyle,McLean, Clare, Mulraney.. and much as I love Steven Naismith, I’m now really concerned he’s going to fall into that category (but I don’t blame the club for that).  

And who would you have got instead (that we could afford)?

11 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Without going all completely inspector cluedo on you. However.

For you to say “another” means you must have said that someone is off his nut previously. Your post history doesn’t show this. Other wise you wouldn’t have said another. 

You absolutely sure you are a “new” user?

Conversely, one or two 'sleepers' have re-emerged on here to defend the club at all costs , coinciding with the disappearance of a couple of prominent posters who tend defend the club at all costs.

Coincidence? I couldn't possibly comment :)

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What does that matter?  You would only argue against any list created against. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

What does that matter?  You would only argue against any list created against. 

Ah you are genius at identifying problems, with hindsight, but shy about providing solutions with foresight.

Starting now, who should we get?

He may well prove everyone wrong, but so far this signing has been a mistake. When we sold Lafferty at the start of last season, we should probably have signed another experienced forward to use in the first team rotation, not another 'project'.

The other questionable thing about this signing is the fact that Levein has often alluded to signing players who have the character to play at Tynecastle, does Wighton strike you as the kind of guy who has the confidence and character to do that?

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ah you are genius at identifying problems, with hindsight, but shy about providing solutions with foresight.

You didn’t ask me the questions.  Without hindsight I could have told you Wighton was shite but then you would have blasted anyone for not giving them a chance etc etc. 

Sorry, I’ve forgotten who else was available around the time of spending funds for a dud from Dundee who was struggling to get game time. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

37 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It seems to be emerging that our problem has been signing too many projects and not enough players with proven ability.

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

You didn’t ask me the questions.  Without hindsight I could have told you Wighton was shite but then you would have blasted anyone for not giving them a chance etc etc. 

Sorry, I’ve forgotten who else was available around the time of spending funds for a dud from Dundee who was struggling to get game time. 

We paid 250k for him. A player that wasn't getting a game for Dundee, and we paid that much for him.  Who are these poor signings? 

kingantti1874
50 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

that’s a daft question.. at worst we have the 4th biggest budget in the league, right now I think third.. given our form over the past year is the worst in the league logic would suggest there are plenty of players better than what we have.

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It seems to be emerging that our problem has been signing too many projects and not enough players with proven ability.

projects and quality players with known flaws such as injury problems who we hope to repair then hang our hat on..

Aidy White is another example.

david 

54 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Who are these projects?

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

He may well prove everyone wrong, but so far this signing has been a mistake. When we sold Lafferty at the start of last season, we should probably have signed another experienced forward to use in the first team rotation, not another 'project'.

The other questionable thing about this signing is the fact that Levein has often alluded to signing players who have the character to play at Tynecastle, does Wighton strike you as the kind of guy who has the confidence and character to do that?

Levein has done him a massive favour, he's not shown anything prior to signing for us that I noticed and even less at Hearts.

Taking a punt on shankland was a no brainer imo and he's now probably beyond us if we had a change of mind.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Is he paid by Hearts to scout players like?? 🤔

36 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Levein has done him a massive favour, he's not shown anything prior to signing for us that I noticed and even less at Hearts.

Taking a punt on shankland was a no brainer imo and he's now probably beyond us if we had a change of mind.

He did Dundee a bigger favour taking Wighton off their hands for money!! 🙈

Just now, JamboAl said:

What do you think?

You’re the one asking him for signing options, so I assume you think it’s his job to do so.....

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You’re the one asking him for signing options, so I assume you think it’s his job to do so.....

You've assumed wrongly.

Just now, JamboAl said:

You've assumed wrongly.

So why ask him for signing options when patently Levein and his scouting staff are the ones paid to carry out that function???

So why ask him for signing options when patently Levein and his scouting staff are the ones paid to carry out that function???

That's my business.

It doesn't look like Craig Wighton is going to make it as a 1st team regular and with the competition for a start that can't be much good for his confidence even in rehab. 

I hope he comes good, he's still a young laddie, so there is time.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's my business.

Eh ok then - I’ll take that as an acknowledgement you asked a daft question.......😉

Edited by Thomaso

Eh ok then - I’ll take that as an acknowledgement you asked a daft question.......😉

You take it how you want mate.

What you think is irrelevant to me.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'm guessing that he doesn't have a scouting network comprised of numerous individuals, paid to survey leagues in several countries for undiscovered talent.

What would the point in his list be?

Apologies to Last Laff if you do have such a network.

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You take it how you want mate.

What you think is irrelevant to me.

Stumped for an answer then...not like you.

8 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I'm guessing that he doesn't have a scouting network comprised of numerous individuals, paid to survey leagues in several countries for undiscovered talent.

What would the point in his list be?

Apologies to Last Laff if you do have such a network.

Exactly - it’s the usual drivel spouted out in defence of Levein for some of his shite signings!

16 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I'm trying to remember a distant time when JKB was for Hearts fans who actually supported Hearts players

We are far too quick to write off players ffs we constantly have a go at forwards playing in a team that Roanldo would struggle to score goals in - and a manager who last week refused to play any recognised forward with 2 forwards on the bench.  Play 4-1-3-2 at home and lets get after some teams, we then might just might start to score some goals who's knows might just win a home game.