Craig Wighton

kimosavi

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why not highlight the good bits of recruitment? We’ve signed many terrible players over the years like every club. Can’t remember their names because folk didn’t bang on about them all the time like us signing them was some sort of personal insult.

It's hard to highlight anything good when the football department is an utter shambles. 

Injuries every other week, shite performances every other week, bad results every other week. 

It's all just bad luck though eh 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert Lazar

• kingantti1874

• JamboAl

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why not highlight the good bits of recruitment? We’ve signed many terrible players over the years like every club. Can’t remember their names because folk didn’t bang on about them all the time like us signing them was some sort of personal insult.

This squad are putting us through the worst run in the history of the club. Even those who we perceive to be good are failing spectacularly as a team.. though that is predominantly the managers fault.. who is now tarring capable players

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

It's hard to highlight anything good when the football department is an utter shambles. 

Injuries every other week, shite performances every other week, bad results every other week. 

To many poor signings combined with poor coaching and little to no motivation .. a recipe for disaster 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

Thought our recruitment was very good this summer personally.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This squad are putting us through the worst run in the history of the club. Even those who we perceive to be good are failing spectacularly as a team.. though that is predominantly the managers fault.. who is now tarring capable players

Christ it's like we've never had poor form before. Not a fan of having a go at absolutely everything about my own club day after day after day to be honest. Why bother?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Thought our recruitment was very good this summer personally.

Aye, it looks like it. 

Craig has had another international break to sort things out, like he said he would do in the last international break. 

We can all expect a big performance against the rangers. 

Aye right. 

10 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

Joined yesterday.

When will people like you give up?

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Joined yesterday.

When will people like you give up?

I didn't realise it was illegal to have joined yesterday. Thank's for noticing though. 

Edited by Robert Lazar

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

Aye, it looks like it. 

Craig has had another international break to sort things out, like he said he would do in the last international break. 

We can all expect a big performance against the rangers. 

Aye right. 

I don't think you really care do you?

Just now, Robert Lazar said:

I didn't realise it was illegal to of joined yesterday. Thank's for noticing though. 

Everyone has to join at some point. Some join again and again after getting booted.

The timing and the content of your first few posts is remarkably familiar.

Have you recently been booted and re-registered?

A_A wehatethehibs

Hasn’t had much luck with injuries, think it would make sense for him to go out on loan when he’s fit. With Walker and Naismith back fit then Washington to follow, there’s not going to be much chance for him to play here if any. 

Not sure how expensive a mistake it technically was, as the fees involved for him and jack Hamilton basically cancelled each other out. We probably paid 50k, a wee punt on a young player with potential. Not worked out. At 22 wighton needs to be playing, I suspect we won’t see much of him then he’ll move on. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Hasn’t had much luck with injuries, think it would make sense for him to go out on loan when he’s fit. With Walker and Naismith back fit then Washington to follow, there’s not going to be much chance for him to play here if any. 

Not sure how expensive a mistake it technically was, as the fees involved for him and jack Hamilton basically cancelled each other out. We probably paid 50k, a wee punt on a young player with potential. Not worked out. At 22 wighton needs to be playing, I suspect we won’t see much of him then he’ll move on. 

Like many, many players before Levein even played with us. What is this modern obsession with analysing every reserve player? I bet most can't name our reserve teams from the 80s and 90s.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Everyone has to join at some point. Some join again and again after getting booted.

The timing and the content of your first few posts is remarkably familiar.

Have you recently been booted and re-registered?

No, i haven't. 

The timing of my posts? Feckin hell. What does that even mean. Another one off his nut. 

24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like every club?  That makes it alright then, eh?  Overall the recruitment has been absolutely shocking the turnover is crazy on long term deals.    What’s the examples of good recruitment anyway? Whelan on a year contract looks to be the only definite success story from the summer. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

No, i haven't. 

The timing of my posts? Feckin hell. What does that even mean. Another one off his nut. 

Vlad Magic is a veteran on Kickback.

:laugh:

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Christ it's like we've never had poor form before. Not a fan of having a go at absolutely everything about my own club day after day after day to be honest. Why bother?

we’ve never ever had as bad a run of form.. I have a go at the club in the vain hope fan opinion will force the necessary change.. Craig Levin is finished, whether he and Ann budge think that’s the case or not.. cut to the ****ing change and try and fix it

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like many, many players before Levein even played with us. What is this modern obsession with analysing every reserve player? I bet most can't name our reserve teams from the 80s and 90s.

Becuase we have one of the most expensive squads ever assembled, but apparently we can’t win a game without stevie Naismith.. that means squad are fair game

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Decent. Another negative thread, we were missing one of those 🙄

What is there to be positive about? 

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we’ve never ever had as bad a run of form.. I have a go at the club in the vain hope fan opinion will force the necessary change.. Craig Levin is finished, whether he and Ann budge think that’s the case or not.. cut to the ****ing change and try and fix it

Coinciding with our worst ever injury crisis. Could the two things possibly be related?? 

I think Levein doesn't have it to turn things around but hope I'm wrong. The endless crying and moaning about absolutely everything is a bit much though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

20 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

No, i haven't. 

Without going all completely inspector cluedo on you. However.

For you to say “another” means you must have said that someone is off his nut previously. Your post history doesn’t show this. Other wise you wouldn’t have said another. 

You absolutely sure you are a “new” user?

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Coinciding with our worst ever injury crisis. Could the two things possibly be related?? 

I think Levein doesn't have it to turn things around but hope I'm wrong. The endless crying and moaning about absolutely everything is a bit much though.

Poor signings and even worse coaching is the reason we find ourselves in this position, even with the injuries we are putting teams out who are on 2 or 3 times the money than the teams we’ve had poor results against, and we haven’t had 8 players out for a full year either and we weren’t much better.. 

Gary Locke got better results with a team of kids, and we were certainly more enjoyable to watch there’s no exuae for the outright misery that watching hearts has become, constantly selecting imposters like Mulraney and Clare, ludicrous tactics and constant tinkering ..  leveins fault 100% 

Edited by kingantti1874

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I'm trying to remember a distant time when JKB was for Hearts fans who actually supported Hearts players

Normally after a bad result I try to avoid Kickback but after a couple of days want to go back as usually there is some threads that are still worthwhile. This time feels so much different that I almost feel like quitting kickback. This thread is a classic example of the problem. Things are poor at the moment and people are hurting because of that, but it feels like anything positive that is mentioned is shouted down by people, anything that is poor is reveled in and wallowing on it. I have seen Hearts go through very poor spells while I have been on kickback but this is the worst I have seen kickback been.

This thread demonstrates the problem, a thread is randomly created having a go at a player who has not played a competitive game this season. It serves no purpose but to pile on an injured player which serves no benefit for the player or the club. Even arguing about how it shows poor transfer business feels like it could have been put in the many other threads pointing at the current issues. In short it feels that it is a cruel thread.

As you say lets actually try and give some players support rather constantly trying to beat them down.

As for kickback, everyone has their own way for following football. For me, I want enjoyment out of it and the current games have not been enjoyable, but if I am getting miserable and then wallowing in that all week, then I would give up on football as what is the point in making yourself unhappy. For me I want to see at least hope or positiveness while acknowledging all the problems that need to be fixed, kickback is very quickly becoming the opposite of that.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Normally after a bad result I try to avoid Kickback but after a couple of days want to go back as usually there is some threads that are still worthwhile. This time feels so much different that I almost feel like quitting kickback. This thread is a classic example of the problem. Things are poor at the moment and people are hurting because of that, but it feels like anything positive that is mentioned is shouted down by people, anything that is poor is reveled in and wallowing on it. I have seen Hearts go through very poor spells while I have been on kickback but this is the worst I have seen kickback been.

This thread demonstrates the problem, a thread is randomly created having a go at a player who has not played a competitive game this season. It serves no purpose but to pile on an injured player which serves no benefit for the player or the club. Even arguing about how it shows poor transfer business feels like it could have been put in the many other threads pointing at the current issues. In short it feels that it is a cruel thread.

As you say lets actually try and give some players support rather constantly trying to beat them down.

As for kickback, everyone has their own way for following football. For me, I want enjoyment out of it and the current games have not been enjoyable, but if I am getting miserable and then wallowing in that all week, then I would give up on football as what is the point in making yourself unhappy. For me I want to see at least hope or positiveness while acknowledging all the problems that need to be fixed, kickback is very quickly becoming the opposite of that.

Your correct of course but who’s fault is it? Ann Budge and Craig Leveins are broaching new ground in terms of the length and level of failure they are tolerating.

They have dragged us into new territory in terms of our mindset, where hearts are concerned anger has mutated into borderline depression.

It’s crazy just how wrong they’ve got this.

Edited by kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Your correct of course but who’s fault is it? Ann Budge and Craig Leveins are broaching new ground in terms of the length and level of failure they are tolerating.

They have dragged us into new territory in terms of our mindset, where hearts are concerned anger has mutated into borderline depression.

This is so ridiculous and over the top. Since Budge arrived:

Fantastic first season - 1st

Very good second season - 3rd

Good first half of 3rd season heading for 3rd again, change of manager unsettled things, Cathro a disaster, 5th.

Levein's first season - finished 6th after taking over with the transfer window nearly shut and when we had to play at Murrayfield. Transformed our home, cup and derby form but couldn't put a run together while Hibs and Killie were having unusually decent seasons.

His second - storming start with virtually a brand new team. Injuries hit all of our key players and we never recovered. 6th, Still made it to semi final and a cup final and performed creditably in the latter. No Hearts manager has ever dealt with such an injury crisis. Hard to know what manager could.

Third - nightmare start with good squad injuries again not helping but it's less of an excuse this season with a better squad. Still a league cup semi to look forward to. Long way to go in the league. Injuries crucial as they would be for anyone who takes over tomorrow.

All Budge is guilty of is showing loyalty to a manager and trying to give him time and to avoid the cycle of endless chopping and changing of managers a club like Hibs and many others got into.

Here's a good article on the benefits of giving managers time - https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/oct/16/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-more-time-respect-manchester-united-manager

Edited by ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good first half of 3rd season heading for 3rd again, change of manager unsettled things, Cathro a disaster, 5th.

Levein's first season - finished 6th after taking over with the transfer window nearly shut and when we had to play at Murrayfield. Transformed our home, cup and derby form but couldn't put a run together while Hibs and Killie were having unusually decent seasons.

His second - storming start with virtually a brand new team. Injuries hit all of our key players and we never recovered. 6th, Still made it to semi final and a cup final and performed creditably in the latter. No Hearts manager has ever dealt with such an injury crisis. Hard to know what manager could.

Third - nightmare start with good squad injuries again not helping but it's less of an excuse this season with a better squad. Still a league cup semi to look forward to. Long way to go in the league. Injuries crucial as they would be for anyone who takes over tomorrow.

All Budge is guilty of is showing loyalty to a manager and trying to give him time and to avoid the cycle of endless chopping and changing of managers a club like Hibs and many others got into.

Here's a good article on the benefits of giving managers time - https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/oct/16/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-more-time-respect-manchester-united-manager

That’s actually a really good attempt at trying to break a record for the most amount of excuses in one post.  From blaming Murrayfield to chopping and changing managers with a little bit of injuries and a huge slice of bad luck thrown in for good measure - it’s a very good attempt. 

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

His second - storming start with virtually a brand new team. Injuries hit all of our key players and we never recovered. Still made it to semi final and a cup final and perfumed creditably in the latter. No Hearts manager has ever dealt with such an injury crisis. Hard to know what manager could.

Third - nightmare start with good squad injuries again not helping but it's less of an excuse this season with a better squad. Still a league cup semi to look forward to.

a year of losing virtually every week combined with simply horrible boring football will do that.. I’m not interested in the injury excuse any more, our signing policy is at least partly responsible for that, and we haven’t had 8 of our top players out consistently for a year.  We were absolutely honking at home to RC and Hamilton and Halkett, Smith, Washington were all playing.. we werent any better with a close to a full squad last year either ..As for the cup runs- we didn’t play anyone of note and were still lucky scrape through.  Gary Locke did better with a team of kids. 

it was my 40th 2 weeks ago and my fiends bought hospitality for all of us at the St Mirren game.. my first reaction was “what a waste of ****ing money” followed by total disappointment. Bad enough that I chucked £500 on a season ticket for this shite never mind another £500 so levein can waste it on crap.  

ps OGS should be out on his ear as well.. no where near good enough for that job.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That’s actually a really good attempt at trying to break a record for the most amount of excuses in one post.  From blaming Murrayfield to chopping and changing managers with a little bit of injuries and a huge slice of bad luck thrown in for good measure - it’s a very good attempt. 

Injuries are just an excuse? .

Levein's first season - needed to settle things down and get us back on track. Did it. With hindsight, maybe a one season contract would have been better.

Second - very, very unlucky. We don't often see a start to the season like that so I thought maybe Levein could take us places. I enjoyed that season overall. We don't get to cup finals often, the start of the season was amazing, and we saw a player like Naismith playing for us, plus the likes of HIckey emerging. Plenty of good things that season if you're willing to look beyond the final league placing.

This season - my main doubt about Levein has been the fact he didn't want to be a manager, let alone our manager, and that should be a basic requirement for every Hearts manager. My worry was his ability to motivate and I still think that's why we should replace him now. That said, it's a long season and if our best players come back who knows. Replacing him at the end of the season at the latest is my option. Not too fussed about constantly attacking the guy and pretending that injuries to your best players don't make winning games very difficult. As any manager we bring in tomorrow would find out. But if we put him out on gardening leave for the rest of the season tomorrow and brought Kirk, Robbo or someone in to caretaker the team while we find a long term replacement I wouldn't be unhappy.

I'm sure you're hoping with the injured players back we can find some form though?

Edited by ToqueJambo

kingantti1874

Torque, last season we knew we were going into the season a striker light, we did so by design as we opted to wait for David Vanecek.. how did that work out? An absolutely  disgraceful signing!! 

this summer past he spent a fair chunk of it Persuingg Curtis Main.. we were  damn lucky that Aberdeen took him, he’s been an absolute disaster for them..

Craig Levein is simply a poor coach and a poor judge of a footballer. That has created and compounded the issues with injuries. 

we have an expensively assembled squad which is seemingly entirely incapable of getting a result without Haring and Naismith.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Injuries are just an excuse? Makes sense if you're an idiot.

Levein's first season - needed to settle things down and get us back on track. Did it. With hindsight, maybe a one season contract would have been better.

Second - very, very unlucky. We don't often see a start to the season like that so I thought maybe Levein could take us places. I enjoyed that season overall. We don't get to cup finals often, the start of the season was amazing, and we saw a player like Naismith playing for us, plus the likes of HIckey emerging. Plenty of good things that season if you're willing to look beyond the final league placing.

This season - my main doubt about Levein has been the fact he didn't want to be a manager, let alone our manager, and that should be a basic requirement for every Hearts manager. My worry was his ability to motivate and I still think that's why we should replace him now. That said, it's a long season and if our best players come back who knows. Replacing him at the end of the season at the latest is my option. Not too fussed about constantly attacking the guy and pretending that injuries to your best players don't make winning games very difficult. As any manager we bring in tomorrow would find out. But if we put him out on gardening leave for the rest of the season tomorrow and brought Kirk, Robbo or someone in to caretaker the team while we find a long term replacement I wouldn't be unhappy.

I'm sure you're hoping with the injured players back we can find some form though?

First season was shite.  The only highlight was stopping Hibs finishing second.  Ffs how did that happen.

Last season was shite apart from the start where teams hadn’t figured the new team out.  A great cup draw helped us make decent cup runs until we played against any side in our own league. 

This season, as predictable as the previous seasons. Crap football and shit results.  Every team has injuries, every team has setbacks.  Steve Clarke took Killie from bottom of the league to third with the same group of squads Leveins ripped squads up yearly, brought in and bombed youngsters - the guys not got a ****ing clue and is making a mug of the support, not just Ann Budge.  Bash on protecting him and swallowing his shit.  It doesn’t wash anymore. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Injuries are just an excuse? Makes sense.

This season - my main doubt about Levein has been the fact he didn't want to be a manager, let alone our manager, and that should be a basic requirement for every Hearts manager. My worry was his ability to motivate and I still think that's why we should replace him now. That said, it's a one season and if our best players come back who knows. Replacing him at the end of the season at the latest is my option. Not too fussed about constantly attacking the guy and pretending that injuries to your best players don't make winning games very difficult. As any manager we bring in tomorrow would find out.

A better manager would improve us without doubt, Random selections, we don’t play a consistent shape, players constantly look confused, players are played out of position (meshino and Clare up front 🤷‍♂️) we don’t make the right runs at the right time - in fact a constant lack of movement, and as levein himself said - they don’t do enough in terms of effort. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

First season was shite.  The only highlight was stopping Hibs finishing second.  Ffs how did that happen.

Last season was shite apart from the start where teams hadn’t figured the new team out.  A great cup draw helped us make decent cup runs until we played against any side in our own league. 

This season, as predictable as the previous seasons. Crap football and shit results.  Every team has injuries, every team has setbacks.  Steve Clarke took Killie from bottom of the league to third with the same group of squads Leveins ripped squads up yearly, brought in and bombed youngsters - the guys not got a ****ing clue and is making a mug of the support, not just Ann Budge.  Bash on protecting him and swallowing his shit.  It doesn’t wash anymore. 

That's your take on those seasons. I literally just said I think his time's up.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

A better manager would improve us without doubt, Random selections, we don’t play a consistent shape, players constantly look confused, players are played out of position (meshino and Clare up front 🤷‍♂️) we don’t make the right runs at the right time - in fact a constant lack of movement, and as levein himself said - they don’t do enough in terms of effort. 

I agree with all of that. He doesn't have so many excuses this season although we do still have 5 first picks out. NO other club is facing those sort of injuries. Let's see how we do with them back. I assume Budge is looking at things that way too.

kingantti1874

I literally said I think his time's up.

Why we should wait to the end of the season? Why? I didn’t spend £500 to be generous to this fool and give him even more time than he deserves.. I spent £500 to enjoy my days at the football. 

She needs to get him the **** out right now. And if she doesn’t do it.. she needs to go as well

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Why we should wait to the end of the season? Why? I didn’t spend £500 to be generous to this fool and give him even more time than he deserves.. I spent £500 to enjoy my days at the football. 

She needs to get him the **** out right now. And if she doesn’t do it.. she needs to go as well

I'm OK with handing things over to Kirk. As for Budge, yeah let's ditch the best owner we've had in my lifetime after a couple of mistakes.

kingantti1874

I agree with all of that. He doesn't have so many excuses this season although we do still have 5 first picks out. NO other club is facing those sort of injuries. Let's see how we do with them back. I assume Budge is looking at things that way too.

Yeah they do mate! And quite a few of them don’t have anywhere near as expensive a squad as we do.. 

jamboinglasgow
31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Thanks for clearly demonstrating you did not read my post.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

What is there to be positive about? 

Is there nothing going on outside of Hearts that makes you positive? Is it that bad you have to come on here to start another sh*** negative thread. All you have done is start a new pish thread that has turned out exactly like all the others, with the exact same chat. 

Maybe it's just me, but it's odd behaviour.

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

Is there nothing going on outside of Hearts that makes you positive? Is it that bad you have to come on here to start another sh*** negative thread. All you have done is start a new pish thread that has turned out exactly like all the others, with the exact same chat. 

Why not start a positive one then to deflect posters attention from this thread and stop you getting wound up on negativity? 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm OK with handing things over to Kirk. As for Budge, yeah let's ditch the best owner we've had in my lifetime after a couple of mistakes.

she is undoing everything she has achieved.. her great work is the only reason there hasn’t been a full on revolt.

she is demonstrating a clear lack of football knowledge, is more interested in going to war with fans who stand rather than fix the problem at hand..also  the once electric tynecastle atmosphere is all but dead. She has done great things and has overall been one of our best owners, but right now she is demonstrating a clear lack of leadership.

Just now, Last Laff said:

Why not start a positive one then to deflect posters attention from this thread and stop you getting wound up on negativity? 

Not wound up at all, just think it's odd and unnecessary when nearly every thread says the same thing.

I actually agree with a lot of the 'negative' points of view, it's just tedious reading the same thing on every thread! 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I didn’t start the thread mate.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yeah they do mate! And quite a few of them don’t have anywhere near as expensive a squad as we do.. 

They really don't. I've checked our competitors. Last I looked they all have their first choice strikers fit and scoring. Aberdeen are missing their one best defender, not their two first picks. None of Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers are missing their first choice DM and AM. None of them are missing an irreplaceable player with the quality of Naismith. I'm pretty sire Aberdeen without Cosgrove and Rangers without Morales and Defoe would have way fewer points than they have now.

Edited by ToqueJambo