*** Heart of Midlothian Match Thread v The Rangers ***

jambotony

I live in hope however I can’t really see anything other than a gubbing. 
There may also be some passion from the Hearts support but not exactly kind words towards the head coach. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• rick witter

Dusk_Till_Dawn
30 minutes ago, king.Robbo said:

Today for me is a free hit..

unlikely to win and with there resources and form we shouldn’t on paper....

HOWEVER 

we are at home SO we need to go attack them from first minute and play for the jersey!!!

hopefully Levein agrees and plays 4-3-3 and goes for it 

sadly doubt it 

it’s not a free hit. It would be a free hit if we had a new manager or were finding our feet but Levein was out of free hits long ago.

Let’s just hope the charity ends at the food bank collection, and our players fight,  harass and throw their bodies on the line for the entire 90+ minutes, and we might just witness a famous victory.

34 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You going ?

No. I have given my ticket to a friend. I won’t be back at Tynecastle until Levein is gone. Which I hope will be soon. Will watch it on the couch. 

1 minute ago, ford donald said:

surprised at that.

That was midweek. Checked it again this morning and it’s 10/11. 

-2 is 9/4 😳

17 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Been away this week. Is Naismith back or not?

Hamstring and calf a bit tight. 

According to Levein. Repeat this on the Thursday or Friday before every match and you have your answer. 

12 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Hamstring and calf a bit tight. 

According to Levein. Repeat this on the Thursday or Friday before every match and you have your answer. 

2-3 weeks 😎

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, jake said:

I'm going today.

But by myself.

The boys I go with have had it and my son isn't answering his phone.

Poor lonely me 😩

I'd sling you the rubber lug too, tbh. :)

Enjoy the game mate 👍

lost in space
10 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I'll be supporting Hearts because they're my team - that's pretty much my reason.

I don't just support them during the good times - when things aren't going so well, it's even more important to do so.

"aren't going so well" is a bit of an understatement. I agree re always supporting your team - but there has to be a time when the only way to get changes, is to withdraw support..

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

I'd sling you the rubber lug too, tbh. :)

Enjoy the game mate 👍

I'm a sound c$%t Guv.

Honestly.

😪 

Don’t think it will be as bad as we fear. Rangers will at least attack and that should give us more room to play - we are horrendous at breaking down teams that defend - so we will create chances. 

Thinking 1-1 or lose 1-2. They have the quality up front to tip the scales in their favour when it matters, unfortunately. 

Wonder What  the timkerman is feeling today 

who will I’ll be out of position strange formation then we will go back to a 442 or similar and play well 

7 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

who will I’ll be out of position strange formation then we will go back to a 442 or similar and play well 

Based on who is now doubtful because of knocks picked up on international duty, on top of the already crocked/ struggling there is likely to be more than usual number having to play out of position. Could be as many as ten unavailable/ not fully fit today I’m led to believe. Then again they may have miraculously recovered overnight. Who knows? Only an hour until we find out. 

Edited by soonbe110

19 minutes ago, jake said:

I'm going today.

But by myself.

The boys I go with have had it and my son isn't answering his phone.

Poor lonely me 😩

It's that bad your son isn't even answering the phone.  I shouldnt laugh.  

I just want them to.have a go today and make them feel like they've been to tynecastle and been in a game.  It used to be one of the hardest grounds in the country to come away with something.  That's the main thing for me today.  Just give it a fecking good go.  Feck this free hit shite.  That's just getting next weeks excuses in already.  It's about how we line up and how we go about it.  That'll matter just as much as the result.  It's not a free hit if we dont at least try and beat them.  No 3xcuses for not going for teams at home.  This is feck8ng tynecastle where no team used to get an easy ride.  Be it in or off the pitch.  If it is a free hit, there is no need in playing defensive.  

7 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

It’s impossible to guess. He will have came up with some master plan that will go tits up after 10 mins. 

He has already admitted we will probably let them have more of the ball. 

Please for once just pick the best team you can with players in their correct positions Craig. Thanks 🙏 

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

It's that bad your son isn't even answering the phone.  I shouldnt laugh.  

I just want them to.have a go today and make them feel like they've been to tynecastle and been in a game.  It used to be one of the hardest grounds in the country to come away with something.  That's the main thing for me today.  Just give it a fecking good go.  Feck this free hit shite.  That's just getting next weeks excuses in already.  It's about how we line up and how we go about it.  That'll matter just as much as the result.  It's not a free hit if we dont at least try and beat them.  No 3xcuses for not going for teams at home.  This is feck8ng tynecastle where no team used to get an easy ride.  Be it in or off the pitch.  If it is a free hit, there is no need in playing defensive.  

The free hit stuff I dont get either mate.

1 minute ago, jake said:

The free hit stuff I dont get either mate.

A poster was saying that the other day.  It's not as black and white as that.  How can he not be judged on today's game before we see how he has set the team up and bow we play against them.  As I said, already getting next weeks argument ready before we have even played.  

I want to win today but for the first time in my life I just won't give a shit if we lose. I may as well start adopting the mindset of our owner.

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Only 2/1 for Rangers -2 today. 9/1 for a home win.  

What a state of affairs.

Aye but our family fun days are better than theirs!

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

No. I have given my ticket to a friend. I won’t be back at Tynecastle until Levein is gone. Which I hope will be soon. Will watch it on the couch. 

I doubt you ever had a ticket unless is was twice a year for the Roseburn lol

El Gato

Hickey    Berra     Smith     White

Whelan    Bozanic

Meshino    Clare    Mulraney

Uche

Back 3!! Berra will get absolutely roasted today!!

think my prediction of 4-1 to them is probably too low 

edit missed hickeys name there.

back 4 but still think Berra will get a roasting 

Edited by 1874robbo

Bozanic = Levein playing for a draw at best.

All the Haring chat just pissing in the wind again.  Looks like the theme this week is how many left backs we can fit into one team.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

El Gato

Hickey    Berra     Smith     White

Whelan    Bozanic

Meshino    Clare    Mulraney

Uche

That's how I see it. 

How on earth is Bozanic now ahead of Irving in the pecking order.

I'm now at the stage where my heart sinks every time Levein names a side.

We could play a back 4 with everyone in position but choose to drop Dikamona, move Hickey to right back, Smith to centre back and bring in White from the cold... Utterly bonkers.

Levein knows he’s not getting a result today. Team is utter shit. If we were playing a team he thought we had a sniff of a result against the likes of walker and haring would’ve been risked imo.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What did Dikamona do to get dropped?

Bozanic! Clare! :rofl:

Be not very good at passing, heading, defending or just football in general. But using the same theory Clare shouldn’t be anywhere near a start. I give up