*** Heart of Midlothian Match Thread v The Rangers ***

jambotony

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Injured players rarely get used in reserve games to gain fitness these days which surprises me. I’d have thought that would be the route to go down with guys that have been out a long time.

This. Surely to test recovery fully you need to play a competitive game or 2. Have any of our injured players came back via reserve matches???

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• rick witter

The Future's Maroon
47 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

nowt yet..am just practising for tommorow  :rofl:

😂

5 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I wonder if that picture in training indicates White is starting? The starting lineup doing a drill?

Would rather White got a chance rather Mulraney who has been poor recently. 

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

We're getting soundly beat.

No optimism at all.

Agree.. I usually always have a wee feeling (heart ruling head) that we could just maybe put in a performance and get a result against the old firm.. usually proved wrong of course... but that optimism is always there until kick off.. tmw I just have nothing.. apathy or acceptance, who knows.

GorgieRules22
44 minutes ago, Cade said:

We're getting soundly beat.

No optimism at all.

That your prediction or you just telling us 😄

I’ll watch this, of course with it being a rare chance to see Hearts live.. But I hold out little hope unfortunately. I’d be delighted and shocked with even a draw tbh.

Ultras Granata 1874

Massive long shot but is anyone watching this in Alcudia? Be nice to watch with like minded folk rather than just me surrounded by the usual from nowhere near Glasgow glory hunters 

On 18/10/2019 at 16:23, Jambof3tornado said:

Mulraney at lwb is a waste of his attacking talent. Quite scared about this one.

Agree with that. Mulraney best used as an old fashioned winger. Forget any semblance of getting him to defend. Quite a luxury, but utilise his pace in the right way and he offers something unpredictable.

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Agree with that. Mulraney best used as an old fashioned winger. Forget any semblance of getting him to defend. Quite a luxury, but utilise his pace in the right way and he offers something unpredictable.

Yup he has spent so long in previous games facing his own goal in our own half, no wonder he looks crap, we must use him where he can get into dangerous areas.

Unfortunately another square peg in the round hole of Leveins tenure.

I’d like to see everyone playing in their right position and a 4-2-3-1. right at them from the start, not giving them a second 

Periera

smith

dikamona

berra

hickey

whelen

Haring

meshino

clare

mulraney

uche

even looking at that team which is arguably the best available, it’s hard to see us getting anything from the game. Heart says scrape a 1-0 or 2-1. Head says 3/4 nil rangers 

5 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

I’d like to see everyone playing in their right position and a 4-2-3-1. right at them from the start, not giving them a second 

Periera

smith

dikamona

berra

hickey

whelen

Haring

meshino

clare

mulraney

uche

even looking at that team which is arguably the best available, it’s hard to see us getting anything from the game. Heart says scrape a 1-0 or 2-1. Head says 3/4 nil rangers 

With neither Clare nor Mulraney having the guts for a fight our chances of doing anything up top are slim to **** all.

12 minutes ago, S Form said:

With neither Clare nor Mulraney having the guts for a fight our chances of doing anything up top are slim to **** all.

who would you play? I feel like that’s our best option....

27 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

Periera

smith

dikamona

berra

hickey

whelen

Haring

meshino

clare

mulraney

uche

I'd be happy with this. Only swapping In McLean for Clare.

WheatfieldWarrior
Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

I'd be happy with this. Only swapping In McLean for Clare.

I think we'll use both across the 90.

WheatfieldWarrior
10 hours ago, jamboozy said:

I think with Haring being off the pace he will miss-time a tackle and the current bun  in black will have his red card out before the rangers player is on to his 2nd roll in mortal agony.:angry:

If it's a mortal injury, then totally worth it.

It's seriously pathetic for Hearts "supporters" to be slagging off our own players before a ball has even been  kicked. 

Shocking behaviour.

WheatfieldWarrior
11 hours ago, kila said:

Looks like the drill is White to Haring while Uche makes a run, Haring to Berra, then a hoof by Berra long to Uche  :whistling:

Berra's due an assist....

lost in space
7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It's seriously pathetic for Hearts "supporters" to be slagging off our own players before a ball has even been  kicked. 

Shocking behaviour.

I would usually agree - but our manager has built a team of defenders who will score no more than 2 goals in next 2 games and will be shocked when individuals make mistakes - which lose games.

How can anyone's with any sense, support this??

WheatfieldWarrior
6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I would usually agree - but our manager has built a team of defenders who will score no more than 2 goals in next 2 games and will be shocked when individuals make mistakes - which lose games.

How can anyone's with any sense, support this??

I'll be supporting Hearts because they're my team - that's pretty much my reason.

I don't just support them during the good times - when things aren't going so well, it's even more important to do so.

53 minutes ago, S Form said:

Spot on. 

Both will hide tomorrow in the game you can be sure of that. Mulraney will be chasing after Tavernier all game. Chasing his shadow anyway. 

1 hour ago, 5jambo1 said:

Periera

smith

dikamona

berra

hickey

whelen

Haring

meshino

clare

mulraney

uche

Agree

Am hoping he plays Smith and Hickey as full backs with Berra and Haring/Dikamona in middle, a flat back 4 Rangers play 1 up through middle with Arfield playing a bit behind,

Its a game we cannot win in my opinion but a decent performance would satisfy most of us.  

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Would rather White got a chance rather Mulraney who has been poor recently. 

Mulraney has been played out of position. He has his best moments when he can run at defenders but he cant do that when he is sitting so deep.

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Am hoping he plays Smith and Hickey as full backs with Berra and Haring/Dikamona in middle, a flat back 4 Rangers play 1 up through middle with Arfield playing a bit behind,

Its a game we cannot win in my opinion but a decent performance would satisfy most of us.  

This

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Mulraney has been played out of position. He has his best moments when he can run at defenders but he cant do that when he is sitting so deep.

This also

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

True, but he has no end product at all.  Fast but Very limited 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

True, but he has no end product at all.  Fast but Very limited 

I wouldnt say no end product but it is very inconsistent. Thought he was improving until pushed into the lwb role meaning its much harder for him to do his job, cross the ball into the box!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Love your optimism Geoff.

I know. It'll be over by 2230 but the hope kills you.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I’m giving it til 2-0 whenever that will be.  At 1-0, a team always has a chance no matter how shite they’re playing.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ach well there's always the Irish in the Egg Nash.....oh wait. Pumped. Up ye.

highlandjambo3

If we win today (I know it’s a big ask)...... the weegia media will go all out guns blazing for an alleged AH bid.... like they are anyway.

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Rangers -1 at 11/10 is free money today. 

Over 4 yellows is evens 

Clancy is referee 

Hearts -1 yellow is 8/13 

Today for me is a free hit..

unlikely to win and with there resources and form we shouldn’t on paper....

HOWEVER 

we are at home SO we need to go attack them from first minute and play for the jersey!!!

hopefully Levein agrees and plays 4-3-3 and goes for it 

sadly doubt it