*** Heart of Midlothian Match Thread v The Rangers ***

jambotony

is it too early to start one of these?

I'm feeling optimistic, if we there fans get behind the players, forget the Boycott for 90 mins and drive the team win.. I think we might just get a result against them.. 

The Cat

Smith Clevid Berra Hickey

Whelan Irvine

Mulraney Meshino Walker 

Uche

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• rick witter

It'll be grim , I'm expecting eff all so unlikely to be pleasantly surprised but will be meh if they lose.

Tis the way of Hearts these days.

1 hour ago, jambotony said:

is it too early to start one of these?

I'm feeling optimistic, if we there fans get behind the players, forget the Boycott for 90 mins and drive the team win.. I think we might just get a result against them.. 

The Cat

Whelan Irvine

Mulraney Meshino Walker 

Uche

Strong side.  3-1 win.

Clancy the ref. Love how he clearly gets demoted after his performance in the Hibs/Celtic game only to be handed the biggest game of this weekend. 🤣🙄

No Naismith ?

0-4 or thereabouts. Unless there’s a freak performance like the Celtic 4-0 a couple of years ago but I think that’s unlikely. We are nearly 7/1 to win and that’s about right under this clown.

Given our woeful home start to the season. Sevco going top of the league before the international break. Celtic playing on Saturday, Sevco will not want to give up top spot for long. 

I can't see anything other than an away win in this one. It really pains to write this. 

Sevco will smell blood right from the off. Gerrard will know of our poor record. Their players will feed into it. An early goal for them really could go on to be a pasting for us. 

Please, please let me be so wrong in my thought process though. 

Walter Bishop

No tinkering, keep players in their positions and we may have a very small chance at snatching a point, i think it will be a point or bust. If they score early, could be 4 or 5. 

Pereira 

Smith

Berra

Dikamona

Hickey 

Haring

Whelan

Clare

Meshino

Mulraney

Uche

Edited by Walter Bishop

Strangely this type of game suits Levein's negative approach.  Play it tight, harass the opposition.  we could well get a draw here but I think Rangers will be too strong.  1-3

I think CL's first game as Hearts manager was a narrow home defeat to Rangers. His teams have barely managed to lay a glove on them for the past 19 years. Nothing makes me think that is going to change this weekend.

It's really just a question of how embarrassing it could get.

Bazzas right boot

If we don't throw any goals in we have a chance. 

This rangers team are good especially when they get ahead. 

However, away from home they've been beat at celtic, narrow wins over Killie and St mirren ( set pieces being the difference) and after being held at ht to St Johnstone they then scored then ran away with it, as they often do. 

Keep it tight, no mistakes and we have a chance. 

Throw in a couple of goals, let them get in their stride we could get hammered tho. 

They have been pretty slick going forward. 

I think this game has came a bit early for Haring, Walker and Naismith to be back. 

That, along with Halkett, Souttar and Washington makes this game against the leaders a bit more challenging that It should be. 

That list is depressing tbh, especially for these big games. 

If the boycott goes ahead that will Likley give rangers a lift too, that's the last thing they need as well. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we don't throw any goals in we have a chance. 

This rangers team are good especially when they get ahead. 

However, away from home they've been beat at celtic, narrow wins over Killie and St mirren ( set pieces being the difference) and after being held at ht to St Johnstone they then scored then ran away with it, as they often do. 

Keep it tight, no mistakes and we have a chance. 

Throw in a couple of goals, let them get in their stride we could get hammered tho. 

They have been pretty slick going forward. 

I think this game has came a bit early for Haring, Walker and Naismith to be back. 

That, along with Halkett, Souttar and Washington makes this game against the leaders a bit more challenging that It should be. 

That list is depressing tbh, especially for these big games. 

If the boycott goes ahead that will Likley give rangers a lift too, that's the last thing they need as well. 

Plenty ifs and buts in that post.

in that one post you have plenty excuses  :lol: 

1. If we don’t throw in any goals 

2.keep it tight no mistakes we have a chance

3.game a bit early for injured players

4. Fans fault if they boycott 

looks promising for a result then.

Edited by 1874robbo

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Plenty ifs and buts in that post.

That's because the game hasn't been played yet. 

Everything on this thread is a if, but, or a maybe. 

Pressure might be key to this one.

If we give them time on the ball we have had it but if we adopt the Klopp heavy metal football approach and go after them we might have a chance.

Certainly have to be on morelos the moment he touches the ball. If we can wind him up without doing anything stupid ourselves he will either get sent off or be less effective.

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

Pressure might be key to this one.

If we give them time on the ball we have had it but if we adopt the Klopp heavy metal football approach and go after them we might have a chance.

Certainly have to be on morelos the moment he touches the ball. If we can wind him up without doing anything stupid ourselves he will either get sent off or be less effective.

See if we come out and play a high pressing in their faces type of game and manage to keep it up for most of the game  I’ll be delighted but raging also that they’ve cheated the fans every other week!!! 

We should have those high levels of effort and desire every week.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

See if we come out and play a high pressing in their faces type of game and manage to keep it up for most of the game  I’ll be delighted but raging also that they’ve cheated the fans every other week!!! 

Nope, can't agree at all. 

You're getting mixed up with a pressing game v a team that has more possession than you and you concede possession to in order to play that way with running about a football pitch. 

You can't play a pressing game v someone who sits in and plays diagnols or a longer game. 

Rangers play a shorter passing style of  play so a pressing game might work v them. 

Wouldn't work v Ross county, Hamilton, Motherwell or Killie. 

We just need to show more quality v these teams, nothing to do with pressing or running about aimlessly. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nope, can't agree at all. 

You're getting mixed up with a pressing game v a team that has more possession than you and you concede possession to in order to play that way with running about a football pitch. 

You can't play a pressing game v someone who sits in and plays diagnols or a longer game. 

Rangers play a shorter passing style of  play so a pressing game might work v them. 

Wouldn't work v Ross county, Hamilton, Motherwell or Killie. 

We just need to show more quality v these teams, nothing to do with pressing or running about aimlessly. 

You mean like the high energy high pressing game we played that season in the championship against teams who sat in and played long balls.

that season we scored a record number of goals by a lot of the time forcing defenders into mistakes.

that pressing can work against anyone.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, 1874robbo said:

You mean like the high energy high pressing game we played that season in the championship against teams who sat in and played long balls.

that season we scored a record number of goals by a lot of the time forcing defenders into mistakes.

that pressing can work against anyone.

We simply over ran teams with better, fitter players and a good manager that had lots of confidence built up over time. 

More possession, more shots, more creative, fitter, stronger just over ran most teams from what I seen. 

Also, relatively injury free. 👍 Which allowed us to build momentum and confidence. 

Tactics v qos, cowdeanbeath, Falkirk etc  won't work v top flight teams. 

I see no relevance in games of the championship v teams in the top league or rangers. 

What works v Rangers or celtic won't work v all the teams, what works v hibs won't necessarily work v Killie. 

It's not how football works

Not sure why that needs explained tbh

I'll leave you to be dissapointed if we do press rangers and get a result. 

You can be the first on here to come on raging. 

If we get beat you can come on raging. 

All bases covered to be raging. Well done on that. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

We simply over ran teams with better, fitter players and a good manager that had lots of confidence built up over time. 

More possession, more shots, more creative, fitter, stronger just over ran most teams from what I seen. 

Also, relatively injury free. 👍 Which allowed us to build momentum and confidence. 

Tactics v qos, cowdeanbeath, Falkirk etc  won't work v top flight teams. 

I see no relevance in games of the championship v teams in the top league or rangers. 

What works v Rangers or celtic won't work v all the teams, what works v hibs won't necessarily work v Killie. 

It's not how football works

Not sure why that needs explained tbh

I'll leave you to be dissapointed if we do press rangers and get a result. 

You can be the first on here to come on raging. 

If we get beat you can come on raging. 

All bases covered to be raging. Well done on that. 

You spout so much shit you lose yourself in amongst it.

all over the place the past few weeks.

bye 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

You spout so much shit you lose yourself in amongst it.

all over the place the past few weeks.

bye 

49435729-e1492696068412.jpg

Can't see us scoring or keeping a clean sheet so it's impossible to be even slightly optimistic. However, I don't think it will be a landslide defeat either.

I won't be there. Not really because of any boycott as such, more that my nephew and I simply don't fancy it. ST's bought and paid for, so no financial loss to the club other than refreshments, but it saddens me that a 16 year old and myself, an avid fan of nearly 45 years, feel so apathetic.

Hearts 0 Rangers 3. 

0-4

Joel 

Smith Berra Jambo Solider 

Hickey Whelan Damour Mulraney 

Irving Walker 

Uche 

We didn’t lay a glove on Rangers last season. They had us sussed from game one, even as we sat top. We have got worse and they have improved. They can be beaten tho. Stop them getting the ball wide, break up play and take their tempo out the game and turn it into a slog. 

El Gato

Whelan Haring 

Meshino Damour Mulraney 

Uche 

I want to see Damour in a more advanced position as he says that is his best position  

53 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You’d think on a tight pitch like Tynie that a pressing game is ideal?

My problem is the attitude rippling through the team though and whether one or two players have the appetite for that type of performance? 

26 minutes ago, gov said:

El Gato

Whelan Haring 

Meshino Damour Mulraney 

Uche 

I want to see Damour in a more advanced position as he says that is his best position  

I think that is the team though Mulraney was awful in the previous game against Killie, we don’t have many other options for LW.

Hopefully Walker and/or Naismith are fit enough for the bench and a late appearance.

I think we'll get a doing but hope I'm wrong. The Rangers are playing well now and scoring lots of goals, we on the other hand are not playing well now and are not scoring lots of goals so unless something drastically changes this weekend......... but I'll be there just in case!

7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

My heart say we’ve got to turn the corner at some point and this is the game. Then logic kicks in and says that ain’t likely for all manners of reason!

What I think happens as opposed to what want..........

I think CL will be in containment mode, he is under pressure and will try to avoid defeat at all costs. He will set us up as such and employ players/formations/tactics which he perceived as defensively strong but probably offer little going forward. I suspect Uche up top on his own with Meschino on bench in hope can come in and turn the game if drawing or losing by narrow margin. 

Unfortunately, think we concede earlyish and game plan goes out window and on end up with a comfortable defeat. 

Suspect another injury, as the last 2 weeks the players fitness was meant to be getting improved, so a random injury to happen. 

CL will say disappointed with result but happy with performance and feels results will follow. 

Ohh and protest before and after game 

4-5-1 probably means 0-3  'same old shite different week day, hope I'm totally wrong " but this team with him in charge is in big bother !! Thought there might have been a change during international break ? But budge is digging deep in her affection for levein,  no matter the outcome !! Sad times ahead unfortunately, 

Anyone expecting anything other than a defeat has lost the plot.

1 Levein win in 24 attempts against them is disgraceful but not surprising.

19 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

1 Levein win in 24 attempts against them is disgraceful but not surprising.

About sums it up.  Gerrard has Sevco playing well.  On the other hand, Levein...

2 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

We're in dream land if you're expecting to get a result on Sunday. 

I will be there, praying that we do obviously. 

This

rangers are too good

we are rubbish 

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

My heart say we’ve got to turn the corner at some point and this is the game. Then logic kicks in and says that ain’t likely for all manners of reason!

What I think happens as opposed to what want..........

I think CL will be in containment mode, he is under pressure and will try to avoid defeat at all costs. He will set us up as such and employ players/formations/tactics which he perceived as defensively strong but probably offer little going forward. I suspect Uche up top on his own with Meschino on bench in hope can come in and turn the game if drawing or losing by narrow margin. 

Unfortunately, think we concede earlyish and game plan goes out window and on end up with a comfortable defeat. 

Suspect another injury, as the last 2 weeks the players fitness was meant to be getting improved, so a random injury to happen. 

CL will say disappointed with result but happy with performance and feels results will follow. 

Ohh and protest before and after game 

That statement has been on loop for years..........que repeat for the foreseeable